Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) (19462 Views)

Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari / Photos From Burial Of Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr / Ken Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa Jnr Dies At 48 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
cool
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by aloziedaya(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
This is evidence that Ken Saro Wiwa is a legend.
That he fought a just fight and cared for justice.
So what do we say of the regime that killed him?

Imagine Europeans immortalized him for justice
while Nigeria immortalized the killer.

Shameful.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
Ogbeche77:
What a load of crap, and you thought you made sense?
The point OP was making isn't about white appeasing blacks or white imperialism.. Its about a foreign country celebrating an environmental activist who paid dearly with his life while he had bearly gotten any form of recognition back home.. I doubt if you have ever read about the Late Saro Wiwa.. Educate yourself .. ''google is on your fingertips''

Kunta Kinte people. Una don come again.
Oyibo will carry your entire village and leave one umbrella and 2 mirrors for you. And you will be dancing.

There is NOTHING to celebrate. This type of news is best served when there are 100s and 1000s of respects to be shown for damages done. We are so quick to be pacified.

Celebrate as you like sha
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by NZAGHA(f): 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
BornnAgainChild:
Go to china town .......street wey carry my name der there too
who know you? grin *in NDA's voice*
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by todayguest(m): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
KenModi:
Everyone that has made a comment above me needs to be knocked on the head to give them some sense.

Instead of you to the ashamed of the fact that a foreign country chose to remember one of our fallen heroes of democracy, human and minority rights, while we have done nothing to honour him, not even in the slightest way, you are all stroking your corks and massaging your egos.

You are all a disgrace! angry

Looking at the comments below me, all I can do is give up.

No wonder it is becoming internationally agreed that 60 percent of Nigerian youths are IGNORANT!
It's obvious, you're ignorant of this information too. Ken Saro-wiwa hails from Ogoniland in Rivers state. The state government under Gov. Wike had renamed the state owned Polytechnic, The Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori to Ken Saro-wiwa Polytechnic, Bori. Also, Stadium road, the one leading to the Liberation Stadium, now, Yakubu Gowon stadium in Port harcourt had been renamed in his honour. Contrary to what you have wished, amongst his kiths and Kin, the Ogonis. There is a fresh agitation over the naming of the Institution in their land after the Human and Environmental Rights activist. One reason given was that,the name is localizing the Institution to an all Ogoni School. And wants his name removed from the school, for it to take back its original name.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by okpukpu(m): 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
englishmart:
anything south east is very beautiful...
Even south eastern part of Haiti

You are right! even garden of Eden.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by KenModi(m): 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
todayguest:
It's obvious, you're ignorant of this information too. Ken Saro-wiwa hails from Ogoniland in Rivers state. The state government under Gov. Wike had renamed the state owned Polytechnic, The Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori to Ken Saro-wiwa Polytechnic, Bori. Also, Stadium road, the one leading to the Liberation Stadium, now, Yakubu Gowon stadium in Port harcourt had been renamed in his honour. Contrary to what you have wished, amongst his kiths and Kin, the Ogonis. There is a fresh agitation over the naming of the Institution in their land after the Human and Environmental Rights activist. One reason given was that,the name is localizing the Institution to an all Ogoni School. And wants his name removed from the school, for it to take back its original name.

You are a goat of the highest order!

You think I'm talking about Ogoni politics or Rivers states issues. I'm fully aware of all these things you have mentioned and much more.

I'm talking about at the national level. Knowing fully well what he died for and how he was killed unjustly, smtin at the national level should have been done to immortalize him.

Local politics and tribalism no go kill is for this country angry
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by blessedqueen(f): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
Profkomolafe:
wink soonestly, the world will celebrate me.

So you are here?
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by dragonking2: 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
[size=16pt]God Bless the Niger Delta Region!!! We are moving higher no matter what.

God bless Niger Deltans!![/size]
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by MCeeShort(m): 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
This is GOOD.
The street named after him in his home state of RIVERS is still called Olu-Obasanjo way.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by DifferentBoy1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
Pya OGONI, bui muege korme tam igbenenee weh si naa lu epe........... Proudly OGONI
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by todayguest(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
KenModi:

You are a goat of the highest order!

You think I'm talking about Ogoni politics or Rivers states issues. I'm fully aware of all these things you have mentioned and much more.

I'm talking about at the national level. Knowing fully well what he died for and how he was killed unjustly, smtin at the national level should have been done to immortalize him.

Local politics and tribalism no go kill is for this country angry
you must be a cow to have expected such honours at the national level without a posthumous state pardon. You must be silly for not realizing that, he was charged, tried and found guilty, before he was executed. You must be insane for calling me a goat.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by mindtricks: 10:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
Well, foreigners can do so, even as Nigerian government continues dancing on Saro Wiwa's grave as is typical of her.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by KenModi(m): 4:31am On Jun 23, 2016
todayguest:
you must be a cow to have expected such honours at the national level without a posthumous state pardon. You must be silly for not realizing that, he was charged, tried and found guilty, before he was executed. You must be insane for calling me a goat.

I no fit argue with goat this early morning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders / Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" / Osinbajo Visits N-Power Response Center, Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.