Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) (19448 Views)

Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari / Photos From Burial Of Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr / Ken Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa Jnr Dies At 48 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2016
A street was in Amsterdam South East, after late Nigerian Author and Environmental Activist from Ogoniland, Ken Saro-Wiwa, who was summarily executed by hanging by late General Abacha in 1995.

Bigmillz

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:05am On Jun 22, 2016
Go to china town .......street wey carry my name der there too

11 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by anonym0us: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2016
Good
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by amzee(m): 11:22am On Jun 22, 2016
See the street named after me in Edinburgh, UK.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by tollytexy(m): 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
For Iraq .. One street dey bear my first name and another street sef dey bear my last name..
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by englishmart(m): 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
anything south east is very beautiful...
Even south eastern part of Haiti

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by izzou(m): 12:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
BornnAgainChild:

Chaii

Chaiii

You are not born again

8 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by jidxin(m): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
englishmart:
anything south east is very beautiful...
Even south eastern part of Haiti
**** is ken from south east i dont get u

17 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by richidinho(m): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
In sambisa i gat straat there grin

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by buharisbae(f): 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
Myn too is close to aso villa JANE street ull see it grin
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by UuzbaGuuzba: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
Una dey hail street?
Queen Victoria named the entire Victoria Island (VI) after herself.
That one no do. She named Lake Victoria in Kenya after herself.

Anybody dey answer Bourdillon for Naija? What of MacPherson? Gerrard? All these are road names in Ikoyi after British Dudes.

America University of .... hmm. Na we use our own hand Name the University after America.

17 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Blayze007(m): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
Give honour to whom honour is due.

7 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Profkomolafe(m): 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
wink soonestly, the world will celebrate me.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by KenModi(m): 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
Everyone that has made a comment above me needs to be knocked on the head to give them some sense.

Instead of you to the ashamed of the fact that a foreign country chose to remember one of our fallen heroes of democracy, human and minority rights, while we have done nothing to honour him, not even in the slightest way, you are all stroking your corks and massaging your egos.

You are all a disgrace! angry

Looking at the comments below me, all I can do is give up.

No wonder it is becoming internationally agreed that 60 percent of Nigerian youths are IGNORANT!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by kenoz(m): 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
Good
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by SageTravels: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
I am the next online
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by krozay(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Go to Yemen and see the street named after me
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by SamMilla1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
I know the street.
Down in Biljmer.
But then the area is 90% blacks.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Elebiju: 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
BornnAgainChild:
I'm sure it's china town in Hell Fire.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by goodfornothing(m): 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
WOW!
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by goodfornothing(m): 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by room089: 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
.........You said 'south east'?
Are you referring to the one in the oriental part of the country that i know?
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by SamMilla1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
Una dey hail street?
Queen Victoria named the entire Victoria Island (VI) after herself.
That one no do. She named Lake Victoria in Kenya after herself.

Anybody dey answer Bourdillon for Naija? What of MacPherson? Gerrard? All these are road names in Ikoyi after British Dudes.

America University of .... hmm. Na we use our own hand Name the University after America.

And your point is?

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Spenx(f): 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bigmillz:
A street was in Amsterdam South East, after late Nigerian Author and Environmental Activist from Ogoniland, Ken Saro-Wiwa, who was summarily executed by hanging by late General Abacha in 1995.

Bigmillz

Nice

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
SamMilla1:
I know the street. Down in Biljmer. But then the area is 90% blacks.
Oga Wen Dem Name D Street.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
SamMilla1:

And your point is?

The whites will go to foreign lands UNINVITED. Kick the Ass of all the black people and claim massive territory that they would name after themselves.

The blacks will sit down meekly and look. When after 1000years, the whites, decide to do appease the blacks, they name 1 street after you and you are all somersaulting.

Well, we are the ones letting ourselves down. Out leader has already AGREED INTERNATIONALLY that we indeed are fantastically corrupt and we haven't proven him wrong ever since.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by jrusky(m): 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
t's so good to hear about such and may his soul rest in peace he is a true hero a man I respected a lot but naming that street after him don't really moved me because that country where that street is it's one of the country that caused his death simply for his stand against environmental pollution in which that country Oil company was a major culprit. Please I 'm not moved a bit its just a prank to proof a point when the damage has be done.

Saro may heaven gives you a peaceful rest the demons that killed you are at it again even more brutal than ever.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

The whites will go to foreign lands UNINVITED. Kick the Ass of all the black people and claim massive territory that they would name after themselves.

The blacks will sit down meekly and look. When after 1000years, the whites, decide to do appease the blacks, they name 1 street after you and you are all somersaulting.

Well, we are the ones letting ourselves down. Out leader has already AGREED INTERNATIONALLY that we indeed are fantastically corrupt and we haven't proven him wrong ever since.
What a load of crap, and you thought you made sense?
The point OP was making isn't about white appeasing blacks or white imperialism.. Its about a foreign country celebrating an environmental activist who paid dearly with his life while he had bearly gotten any form of recognition back home.. I doubt if you have ever read about the Late Saro Wiwa.. Educate yourself .. ''google is on your fingertips''
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by skypeople(f): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seen
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
Ogbeche77:
What a load of crap

Which part there is the crap?

Did you name the street yourselves? Or did you wait for the white man to favour you and name the place for you?

It is a pity. We have all been conditioned to import products and accept hook line and sinker whatever the white people manufacture. We have nothing good to show the world.

Our president agreed that we are Fantastically corrupt. He CANNOT defend that statement to the international community.

Enjoy your 1 street celebration sha. Ooni of Ife is about to set a building on fire in the USA. Just read the news.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Street In Amsterdam, Named After Ken Saro Wiwa (photos) by Cammo: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
Cool.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption / Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him / EFCC Arrests Abumere Joseph Osagie, FIRS Director For Tax Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.