Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari (2151 Views)

Halliburton: Dr Ibe Kachikwu And I Know The Real Aisha Buhari-u S Based Attorney / Evidence That Buhari's Wife Is The Real Aisha Buhari In The Halliburton Scandal / Just In: The Real Aisha Buhari Revealed... Pix Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by omolola15(m): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2016
Since governor Fayose made the allegations that Mrs Aisha Buhari is also part of the Jefferson case, I have been reading a lot about that case. My reading lead me to this insightful article about the case and the Aisha Buhari Fayose was talking about. I believe we should all read this article and decide if Fayose is right or wrong.

I'm sure you'll know after reading it. This article was written in 2007 by new York times. And its a long read but I'll highlight the important parts. Happy reading

By BARRY MEIER
APRIL 29,
Uyo, Nigeria

WITH the rainy season under way, and the weather sweltering, Nancy Lopez, a former championship golfer, hooked her tee shot into the rough. “That was a jet-lag swing,” she cheerily remarked to onlookers here, most of whom had never seen a golf club — or certainly not a middle-aged woman in shorts who was swinging one.

Ms. Lopez had come here on a late March day with two top golfers, Retief Goosen and Colin Montgomerie, to help inaugurate a new 18-hole course set in a landscape lush with palm trees. The oil-rich heart of the Niger Delta lies west of here, where armed gangs routinely kidnap foreigners for ransom.

Despite the nearby turmoil, this small city, the capital of a Nigerian state called Akwa Ibom, has remained tranquil, a point that the state’s governor, Victor H. Attah, underscored as he described the new golf resort as an attractive destination for tourists and oil industry executives.

“There is another Niger Delta, and I want the world to know that Americans can come here without fear,” Mr. Attah told reporters at a recent news conference.

As it turns out, one group of Americans had already made themselves comfortable: well-connected lobbyists and corporate consultants hunting for fees. Lobbying may bring to mind images of tasseled loafers, limousines and lavish offices on K Street in Washington. But there is another, less-studied side of the business that plays out on remote frontiers like this one, where opportunity, self-interest and money intersect.
In recent years, deal makers of all kinds have come from the United States to Nigeria, drawn by an oil-fueled boom that has underwritten airports, power plants, telecommunications start-ups and other ventures in this country, Africa’s most populous. Despite Nigeria’s abundant resources, most of its citizens remain impoverished. Others have become renowned worldwide as Internet-based hustlers, sending out scam e-mail messages that promise easy fortunes.

But the story of how a luxury golf resort came to a remote corner of a desperately poor nation is part of a larger tale of role reversal in which American wheeler-dealers, rather than Nigerian ones, played leading roles.

Over the past two years, an unlikely cast of characters sought a piece of a multimillion-dollar public spending spree initiated by Mr. Attah, an ambitious politician who wanted to be Nigeria’s next president. The group included a lobbyist who boasted of ties to the Bush White House, a bankrupt Las Vegas businessman who claimed to be a “privatization expert,” a publicly traded consulting firm that has several public luminaries in its ranks, and lesser-known door-openers in Washington and Nigeria whom law enforcement authorities have questioned in the bribery investigation of Representative William J. Jefferson of Louisiana.

Holding center stage was Richard T. Hines, a lobbyist and consultant Mr. Attah hired in 2005 to represent Akwa Ibom in the United States. Mr. Hines, who has a passion for the old Confederacy, brought together a rag-tag band of confederates. Rivals also gathered and, as the golf resort’s opening neared, a showdown ensued, one that produced an unlikely winner.

Nigeria is, of course, no stranger to corporate shell games and quick money schemes. Fraud, in all its varieties, is so common here that those who practice the craft are known as “419ers,” a reference to the section of the country’s penal code that covers the crime. But a nose for opportunity and a taste for money is hardly indigenous to Nigeria.

Kenneth Gross, a lobbying expert in Washington, said that while many lobbyists talk about venturing into developing countries like Nigeria in search of rich rewards, there is a special breed who actually do.

“It takes a real adventuresome spirit to take off their Gucci shoes and put on the hiking boots,” he says.

Then hoe it down and scratch your gravel, to Dixie Land I’m bound to travel.

Look away, look away, look away, Dixie Land!

Assiba who said he was also there, bought thousands of dollars of merchandise.

“You must be a rich woman, looking at the way you dress and spend money,” Mr. Assiba recalls telling Ms. Buhari.

As the pair struck up a conversation and subsequently became friends, Mr. Assiba, then a security guard, said she told him that her father was the former military ruler of Nigeria, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, and that her American friends included politicians like Mr. Jefferson of Louisiana.

Mr. Assiba also said that she told him that Mr. Attah, the governor of Akwa Ibom, had asked her to look for consultants and lawyers who could help him pressure oil companies like Exxon Mobil to clean up pollution in the Nigerian state.

Mr. Assiba, who was scouting investors for his own African projects, had been introduced earlier to Mr. Hines. The lobbyist, Mr. Assiba told Ms. Buhari, was just the man Mr. Attah needed.

EVEN by Nigerian standards, Akwa Ibom is a backwater. The streets of Uyo are lined with low-slung shacks roofed with rusted sheet metal, and the city’s jumbled marketplace smells of food and sewage.

But a few years ago, Mr. Attah, a former architect, started a massive building program. He contracted with the Le Meridien chain to construct and operate a five-star hotel for the golf resort. Not far away, DynCorp International, a multinational concern that offers construction and security services, was working on a new airport to handle jet flights. And elsewhere in Uyo, an industrial park that Mr. Attah hoped would lure high-tech companies was rising.

The boom here, like those elsewhere in Nigeria, is paid for with oil revenues. Each of Nigeria’s 36 states receives a share of the country’s wealth. While some politicians squander that money or steal it, Mr. Attah, a short, affable man of 68, presents himself as an honest broker seeking to modernize his state.

Term limits barred him from running again for governor, and so he cast his eye on becoming Nigeria’s next president. To prepare for that run, he needed to raise his profile at home and abroad. So when he received a telephone call from Ms. Buhari in 2005 endorsing Mr. Hines as someone who could help, he said he agreed to hire him.

“All I needed to do was ask Aisha if she knew him,” Mr. Attah recalls.

Mr. Attah says he knows Ms. Buhari’s father, who is still a powerful Nigerian politician, by reputation. He also met her, he said, in 2001 when she accompanied a group of American politicians that included Mr. Jefferson to Akwa Ibom to see oil-related pollution problems there.

Mr. Attah says that he and Mr. Hines came to terms. The Nigerian official agreed in the late summer of 2005 to pay him $1.2 million for a year’s work, a very large sum by lobbying standards, experts say.

According to the contract and lobbying records, Mr. Hines’s duties included meetings with government officials in Washington seeking aid for Akwa Ibom, finding companies and investors to come to the Nigerian state, and publicizing its economic opportunities.

Ms. Buhari, who declined to be interviewed, did not receive a fee for any role she may have played in connecting Mr. Hines and Mr. Attah, according to the lobbyist’s filings.

But in September 2005, a week after Mr. Attah signed the Akwa Ibom contract, Mr. Hines sent a letter to State Department officials in Nigeria urging them to renew Ms. Buhari’s American visa; the letter stated that his firm had hired her as a “consultant” and that her contract was “available on request” for inspection.

“She has a lot of affection for him,” Mr. Ondeck says. “She kept calling him ‘Uncle.’ ”

At Ms. Buhari’s suggestion, Mr. Ondeck said his firm agreed to gather Mr. Creed’s legal records from Nevada. Not long afterward, Mr. Attah confronted Mr. Creed with the information.

Elsewhere, some of the other players involved here were also moving along.

Mr. Creed has moved away from Las Vegas; after initial interviews, he did not return calls. Last fall, Mr. Assiba, the man who said he met Ms. Buhari in the drugstore, sued Mr. Hines in a Virginia state court.

He contended that Mr. Hines had promised to pay him 20 percent of any money he made working for Mr. Attah in exchange for his aid in getting the contract. In court papers, Mr. Hines has rejected Mr. Assiba’s assertion. Both he and his lawyer declined comment on the lawsuit.
[b]
As for Ms. Buhari, who is living in Virginia, it’s not clear who she really is. For one, she is under investigation in Nigeria by its Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said its head, Nuhu Ribadu.

Mr. Ribadu said he is uncertain if her name is Aisha Buhari, but he added that she is not a daughter of General Buhari. The former Nigerian ruler agrees.

“I don’t have any relationship with that Aisha Buhari,” Mr. Buhari said. “I don’t have any daughter called Aisha Buhari living outside this country. She is not my daughter.”

Mr. Ribadu’s agency has asked American authorities to arrest Ms. Buhari. That has not happened, but the Justice Department has an interest in her. Last summer, she testified before a grand jury investigating Mr. Jefferson, the congressman, who is suspected of soliciting bribes from American companies seeking business in Nigeria.

The Nigerian official said that American authorities suspect that Ms. Buhari may have served as a financial conduit for the politician. Mr. Jefferson has not been charged with any crimes and has denied any wrongdoing; his lawyer declined to comment. Mr. Ondeck, whose experience as a lawyer is highlighted on GlobalOptions’ Web site, accompanied Ms. Buhari to the courthouse on the day of her testimony. But he did not go as her lawyer; several years ago, he was disbarred.

Mr. Ondeck, when told that Ms. Buhari was under investigation in Nigeria, said that he had “no information about the matter.” He also declined to say whether GlobalOptions had any paid her any money.

Mr. Hines recently testified in a deposition in Mr. Assiba’s lawsuit that he had learned last year from Nigerian officials that Ms. Buhari was under investigation. Soon after learning that, he said he wrote a letter to American officials in Nigeria that followed the one in September 2005 that asserted he had a contract with Ms. Buhari. Mr. Hines stated that he told officials in the second letter that he had not hired her.

On a recent day, Ms. Buhari stepped out of her town house in suburban Washington, wearing a long blue patterned dress and a head scarf decorated with strands of colorful threads. She declined to speak with a reporter seeking an interview.

“You have no business here,” she said. “I’ll call the authorities.”[/b]

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/business/yourmoney/29lobby.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0&referer=https://www.nairaland.com/3180782/pdp-replies-aisha-buhari-twitter/1

Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by JBismarck(m): 11:54am On Jun 22, 2016
Epistle shocked shocked shocked I fear it die.
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by omolola15(m): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2016
JBismarck:
Epistle shocked shocked shocked I fear it die.

I have modified it please read again and let me know your stand.
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by omolola15(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2016
lalasticlala mynd44 seun modath omenka happney65
PhockPhockMan Dropshot
Tonyebarcanista
I think this should solve the fayose problem. What do you think?
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by Built2last: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
7 Questions on the passport we were shown

1. . Did she submit road side passports photograph for her international passport or they actually captured her biometrics in immigration office?

2. This passport is expiring in 2017. So in whose custody is this "fake" in?

Since they have her international passport, they must also have her or know where she is? Who is she?

3. This case was busted in 2006 and This Aisha is so special that in 2006 only her in west Africa used a biometric passport. We all know when Biometric e - passport started

4. If anybody had this Aisha Buhari in custody as at 2006. The passport would have expired in 2011 going by the date of the case. But the passport they cooked and served the gullible is expiring in 2017.

5. AUG in French is written AOUT not ACO. whatever happened in this case is very very curious. My people wey sabi french help me look that passport again. What is ACO? Do you have ACO on your own passport? I just checked mine

6. This woman we are seeing here looks 50 And she was given birth to in d year 1975 according to the forgers who need schooling at Oluwole. Smh

7. For the first time in my life i am seeing an international passport picture showing only one ear...Imigration officers will never snap you till your both ears are in view. That is International best standard.

A lot has been said about the Halliburton scandal. I don't want to add to it. I have a very simple question that will help sort out the entire bottleneck.
How many times has our President Buhari visited United States of America since assuming office, and in which of the visits did he visit with his wife? Wife, I said not first lady.
The answer to this simple question will help you to sort out the puzzle.
Again, when last did the wife of our president visit U.S and what is stopping her from visiting. If the passport being paraded is not fake let her simply visit U.S. to proof Fayose wrong.

They can fool the people sometime but they can't fool all the people all the time. I dont need to be a forensic investigator to know that the speed with which this passport expiring in 2017 surfaced was to fool people with no eye for details. They furred the presidents WAEC result before election, now they can't present it in court. They padded our budget and we have not recovered from that error. Now, it's passport they forged in 24 hours after Fayose's claim.

3 Likes

Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by omolola15(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
Built2last:

1. . Did she submit road side passports photograph for her international passport or they actually captured her biometrics in immigration office?

Since they have her international passport, they must also have her or know where she is? Who is she?

3. This case was busted in 2006 and This Aisha is so special that in 2006 only her in west Africa used a biometric passport. We all know when Biometric e - passport started

4. If anybody had this Aisha Buhari in custody as at 2006. The passport would have expired in 2011 going by the date of the case. But the passport they cooked and served the gullible is expiring in 2017.

5. AUG in French is written AOUT not ACO. whatever happened in this case is very very curious. My people wey sabi french help me look that passport again. What is ACO? Do you have ACO on your own passport? I just checked mine

6. This woman we are seeing here looks 50 And she was given birth to in d year 1975 according to the forgers who need schooling at Oluwole. Smh

7. For the first time in my life i am seeing an international passport picture showing only one ear...Imigration officers will never snap you till your both ears are in view. That is International best standard.

A lot has been said about the Halliburton scandal. I don't want to add to it. I have a very simple question that will help sort out the entire bottleneck.
How many times has our President Buhari visited United States of America since assuming office, and in which of the visits did he visit with his wife? Wife, I said not first lady.
Again, when last did the wife of our president visit U.S and what is stopping her from visiting. If the passport being paraded is not fake let her simply visit U.S. to proof Fayose wrong.

They can fool the people sometime but they can't fool all the people all the time. I dont need to be a forensic investigator to know that the speed with which this passport expiring in 2017 surfaced was to fool people with no eye for details. They furred the presidents WAEC result before election, now they can't present it in court. They padded our budget and we have not recovered from that error. Now, it's passport they forged in 24 hours after Fayose's claim.

Have you read the article?

1 Like

Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by Built2last: 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
omolola15:

Have you read the article?

I read abd can tell you that the truth about it will surface in days or weeks ahead.

My own interest was on the shabby job done on the passport they published. Wether it's presidents wife or not involved. The forgers of the passport did a bad job...from your article. The Aisha Buhari is in U.S. how did they get her passport expiring next year.

2 Likes

Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by oglalasioux(m): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
Okay. The article made a lot of sense. It's obvious a smart aleck assumed the name, Aisha Buhari, to play international 419. Victor Attah can help clear this quagmire.

1 Like

Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by omolola15(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
Built2last:

I read abd can tell you that the truth about it will surface in days or weeks ahead.

My own interest was on the shabby job done on the passport they published. Wether it's presidents wife or not involved. The forgers of the passport did a bad job...from your article. The Aisha Buhari is in U.S. how did they get her passport expiring next year.

That I don't know about. But the woman is a fraudster in the first place. I don't know how they come about the passport and i won't defend that. They did a really bad job with the passport.
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by Built2last: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
oglalasioux:
Okay. The article made a lot of sense. It's obvious a smart aleck assumed the name, Aisha Buhari, to play international 419. Victor Attah can help clear this quagmire.

How are you sure the Victor Attach in question is the former governor. It may as be a decoy
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by Enahi(f): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Check the side of her face in the picture where she is about entering a car, it's either she is truly Buhari's daughter or they are related. Buhari's face is same way as hers from side view.
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by Built2last: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
[quotes author=oglalasioux post=46815224]Okay. The article made a lot of sense. It's obvious a smart aleck assumed the name, Aisha Buhari, to play international 419. Victor Attah can help clear this quagmire.[/quote]

How are you sure the Victor Attach in question is the former governor. It may as be a decoy
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by omolola15(m): 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
Enahi:
Check the side of her face in the picture where she is about entering a car, it's either she is truly Buhari's daughter or they are related. Buhari's face is same way as hers from side view.

But she's definitely not the first Lady.

1 Like

Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by UseYourBrain: 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
THE LYING FIRST FAMILY

THE CROWN/HOUSE WHERE LIES, DECEIT AND ILLEGALITY REIGNS.

It is rather unfortunate that Nigeria and Nigerians have found themselves in a dire situation where they are being led by a family that is full of deception, while pretending to be one with integrity. What a home.

If the husband is not lying about how they are borrowing N27m to buy nomination forms when the wife is donating N300m to charity, the daughter is living a flashy lifestyle in the UK. If the husband is not lying that he is worth only 150 cows and a house in Kaduna, the wife is wearing a N10m wristwatch that she claimed was a gift. If the husband is not lying that he completed his secondary school certificate, while hiring 21 lawyers to appear in court on his behalf when asked to provide same, the wife is claiming it is another Aisha Buhari that was an accomplice in a $170m money laundering. How do we cope with such a family as a Nigerian first family?

The level of dumbness and urgent response to defend their lies is another subject of concern. When the husband is not asking for the school to quickly release a fake WAEC certificate in 2015 with a 73 year old man's picture as that which was obtained in 1962, the wife is generating a fake passport issued in 2012 to replace that of an Aisha Buhari that was involved in money laundering in 2006.

The level at which their folly is expressed in an attempt to fool Nigerians is legendary. To think that the International Passport of a pseudo Aisha Buhari appeared online 4 hours after the court judgement indicting the wife was made public is marvelous. Where they anticipating a possible leak of their crime so they already have a stolen International Passport of an Innocent Nigerian in place to cover their tracks?

https://www.nairaland.com/3181465/aisha-buharis-alleged-impostor-speaks

In their little deceptive brains, they have ones again successfully decieved Nigerians.

Yet unfortunately, these are the bunch of unintelligent criminals we have to deal with for another 3 years as the Nigerian first family. Nothing, not even one thing has appears intelligent or straightforward from these people. And interstingly, we have a conglomerate of clowns online that actually believe in them. What a world...

How on earth would these clowns not even learn how to do one thing right..even when lying...

Nigerians please use your God given brain and think about all this at least for a moment.

Only a thief will support a thief

And for the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to call a sitting Governor a "Mad Dog" speaks a lot. She obviously lost her cool on the leak.
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
Is Aisha Buhari Presidents wife or President"s daughter? Fayose said, she is President's wife, but the reports says the woman claims she is Buhari's daughter. So, now which is which? The impostor claimed that she is Buhari's daughter. People use your head before wailing mourners use it for you. Corruption is fighting back. Imagine Saraki and Fayose richer than the states they Govern.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by omolola15(m): 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
Where's lalasticlala self when you need him most.
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by Deen77: 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
Built2last:

They can fool the people sometime but they can't fool all the people all the time. I dont need to be a forensic investigator to know that the speed with which this passport expiring in 2017 surfaced was to fool people with no eye for details. They furred the presidents WAEC result before election, now they can't present it in court. They padded our budget and we have not recovered from that error. Now, it's passport they foruged in 24 hours after Fayose's claim.

Fayose family, can you tell Nigeria which country Buhari visit with his wife, the man no want first lady wahala.

Only thief support thief, you are equally supporting a thief which means you are a thief too.
Re: Facts And Article About The Real Aisha Buhari by Built2last: 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
Deen77:

Fayose family, can you tell Nigeria which country Buhari visit with his wife, the man no want first lady wahala.

Only thief support thief, you are equally supporting a thief which means you are a thief too.

I know many sorry life like you. Tell your Aisha to atleast deny it in a press conference or visit U.S.

Till she does that keep mute.

(1) (Reply)

Flashback: Goodluck Jonathan And Iweala To Borrow From Islamic Dev. Bank / New Umuahia Road Underconstruction In Aba....pix / See Governor Abubakar Taking Train, Walking Without Escorts (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.