Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,454 members, 7,864,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same (49775 Views)

Check What El-rufai Wrote When Obasanjo Did Same Thing In 2013 / Go Back To School After Marriage, I Did Same - Aisha Buhari / I Will Win Again If Presidential Election Holds Today – Buhari Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same by histemple: 10:53am On Jun 23, 2016
Alezy:
from what I read here, u can't tell me u never hated GEJ. yes he didn't do kick in the south or was weak to tackle those stealing but he was moving this country in in a gradual process forward in every other aspect except tackling corruption.

so now that u voted him out, what is the PMB doing as a president? or u think all a president needs is to be strong?? or to tackle corruption? ? does this government think of the warfare og it's citizens?

he said stealing is not corruption? ? Pls give me a link to that statement. or I will also tell u buhari said an attack on boko haram is an attack on the north. or u didn't hear that?

I have no reasons to HATE Jonathan as you insinuated. From all I know, having personally related with him, he is a refined gentlemen, humble, resilient and peace-loving.

The only acceptable denotation from my earlier submission would be that "I never liked him as our president" please take note----And yes, I regretted having him as such.
Infact I am ashamed to say it in public that a brother from my region was once the president of this country and nothing was done in my region. Till today, there is no single federal gvernment presence in the whole of Ijaw land. Jonathan approved 12 federal universities, the only one in the Delta State part of Ijaw is the only one that has problems.

Again, let me inform you that, the fact that things were not this hard during his time, doesn't mean that all was well and I will explain that to you.

Jonathan's administration was akin to Charles Soludo's tenure as Governor of CBN.

Charles is a first-class economic guru but knew nothing about the operations of the banks. Consequently, he relied on what they told him, that the banks were SOLID. Oceanic bank, just like Nigeria under GEJ, became the biggest paying bank, building branches anywhere and everywhere to show that the bank is loaded.

Eventually, Sanusi, a seasoned banker came and discovered the dangers and window-dressing prevalent therein. The eventual result was eye-opening as Oceanic bank was a time bomb waiting to explode.

Relate it to the Nigeria situation, Jonathan himself meant well for Nigeria I must confess, but permit me to resonate those who implied that he lacked ideas and had to rely on what "experts" around him suggested. That is why most of his ministers and aides were milking our economy dry yet Jonathan is a very clean man.

If you still doubt wether Jonathan made the statement "stealing is not Corruption" then I am shocked because I listened to him say it, and I asked him to explain further in another presidential chat.

Nevertheless, let me say that Jonathan was not wrong but his lack of coordination, which is a slap on his P.hD misrepresented his intentions.
What he meant, and I support him, was that stealing is not the only kind of corruption. Infact, stealing in one of the lowest form of corruption in Nigeria.

If the major forms of corruption in Nigeria which are Nepotism, Selective tribal favouritism, Impunity, Bribery etc, there will be hardly any opportunity for a thief to steal.
Stealing only happens because of a weak and compromised system that permits it.

1 Like

Re: Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same by Olawaleslimfit(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2016
Kestolovee95:
Mr senile dullard presidiot with certified deafness and dumbness. Nigeria has already been dragged back by nepotism and tyranny which you've instituted in the past one year. God bless you as you drag it further back. The Avengers and Red scorpions are also ready to help you push it back to stone age where you will start hunting for almajiri slaves who will carry 10 bags of groundnut on their heads everyday and build a pyramid, some will even fall and die from the pyramids as it was in the days of slavery in your northern neck of the woods in the pre-nigeria and pre-oil days. grin grin

Make yourself the minister of groundnut now, because the oil ministry will soon be useless as there will be no more to export and feed your teeming zombimajiris! grin grin
Chai, that rope don loose
Re: Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2016
lol...baba don vex
Re: Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same by Alezy(m): 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
histemple:

I have no reasons to HATE Jonathan as you insinuated. From all I know, having personally related with him, he is a refined gentlemen, humble, resilient and peace-loving.

The only acceptable denotation from my earlier submission would be that "I never liked him as our president" please take note----And yes, I regretted having him as such.
Infact I am ashamed to say it in public that a brother from my region was once the president of this country and nothing was done in my region. Till today, there is no single federal gvernment presence in the whole of Ijaw land. Jonathan approved 12 federal universities, the only one in the Delta State part of Ijaw is the only one that has problems.

Again, let me inform you that, the fact that things were not this hard during his time, doesn't mean that all was well and I will explain that to you.

Jonathan's administration was akin to Charles Soludo's tenure as Governor of CBN.

Charles is a first-class economic guru but knew nothing about the operations of the banks. Consequently, he relied on what they told him, that the banks were SOLID. Oceanic bank, just like Nigeria under GEJ, became the biggest paying bank, building branches anywhere and everywhere to show that the bank is loaded.

Eventually, Sanusi, a seasoned banker came and discovered the dangers and window-dressing prevalent therein. The eventual result was eye-opening as Oceanic bank was a time bomb waiting to explode.

Relate it to the Nigeria situation, Jonathan himself meant well for Nigeria I must confess, but permit me to resonate those who implied that he lacked ideas and had to rely on what "experts" around him suggested. That is why most of his ministers and aides were milking our economy dry yet Jonathan is a very clean man.

If you still doubt wether Jonathan made the statement "stealing is not Corruption" then I am shocked because I listened to him say it, and I asked him to explain further in another presidential chat.

Nevertheless, let me say that Jonathan was not wrong but his lack of coordination, which is a slap on his P.hD misrepresented his intentions.
What he meant, and I support him, was that stealing is not the only kind of corruption. Infact, stealing in one of the lowest form of corruption in Nigeria.

If the major forms of corruption in Nigeria which are Nepotism, Selective tribal favouritism, Impunity, Bribery etc, there will be hardly any opportunity for a thief to steal.
Stealing only happens because of a weak and compromised system that permits it.

in as much as I like what u have said, u didn't comment on buhari at all. I want to kw wat u think of this government. There is no shortcoming at all? or aside the anti corruption parade, Nigeria won't move forward?
Re: Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same by histemple: 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
Alezy:
in as much as I like what u have said, u didn't comment on buhari at all. I want to kw wat u think of this government. There is no shortcoming at all? or aside the anti corruption parade, Nigeria won't move forward?

You are right to have noticed that I didn't talk about the Buhari administration and it was deliberately so, because I never wanted to digress from correcting your impression of me about Jonathan.

But now that you have asked, Anybody who has followed me, should know that I was never a fan of Buhari's style of governance. This was also why I never voted for him. But then, let us not forget than an average military mind is a trained TYRANT, and it takes a lot to de-radicalize a militant mind---let alone transformed to relate with civilians.

One thing I will never like about Buhari is his military approach wherein he flagrantly violates the constitutional provisions. Just imagine freezing the account of a sitting Governor, thereby violating section 308 of our constitution. Anyways, we are still expecting to see the court order. Because it will be shocking if a court entertained such request.

Although I have consistently asked Nigerians to support Buhari and encourage him to do better, the only remarkable difference between PMB and GEJ is the former's intrepidity and flippancy------two very important qualities needed to whip Nigeria's impunity-drunk public office holders into line, and Buhari is doing that.

What else do we need to understand that a president who needed over 6 months to appointment ministers who eventually, were his allies that he could have named upon swearing-in, is unprepared?

Infact, some people argued that Buhari never expected to win and that explained why he had no blueprint. Till today, this Government is still working with the roadmap as was created by the last administration. Unfortunately, because of the incompetence of the square pegs in round holes (some ministers) they are hastily implementing them at wrong times because the lacked the knowledge of its workings.

A good example is the hasty implementation of the TSA that was designed by the previous administration but left it because it wasn't ripe yet. But what better advice could you have expected from a Kemi Adeosun? Okonjo-Iweala or any other consummate banker can never advise such implementation that will subject banks to stress, and it eventually did.

What I would have loved to see, is PMB bringing in the known technocrats like Utomi, Okonjo-Iweala & co despite party or religious affiliation, to drive the process.

To justify this directionless, over 80% of our ministers have been annoyingly silent------and this is understandable because, aside party reward, they were not appointed based on competence.
We all saw the preposterous absurdity Dr. Ngige, in a desperate bid to become visible, regurgitated recently to banks (a private sector player) and it was the height of executive ignorance.

Where else in the world does the government order private companies not to sack or restructure? It is not only in Nigeria but only from Ngige's mouth. What usually happens is, an unjustly sacked employee seeks redress in court---and perhaps claims damges according to existing labour laws.

I will continue to canvass support for Buhari rather than encourage the unnecessary distractions because, while he is slow in tackling pressing needs, he has not deviated from one of our priorities-----fighting corruption. I am sure you must read where I condemned his lopsided corruption fight, where membership of APC makes a devil, a saint.

While still commending his corruption fight, I must say that Nigerians, including his loyalists, are disappointed and our hopes dashed. Not only because the APC mischievously made promises we knew were impossible, just to get power through deceit----thanks to APC efficient media group.

Nigeria's problems are so much and it is laughable to expect Buhari to fix all. But he can create a base by tackling these most important problems:

The need to diversify and reduce dependency on oil.
The need to create employment.
The need to reduce systemic corruption to the bearest minimum.

Once all these areas are tackled, the resilient Nigerians I know can ignore stable electricity, good access roads etc for awhile, provided the commitment to improve is seen.
Re: Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same by numericalguy(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
slavemerchant:

Another unchained mad dog sighted

What will you expect from a rabid infested brain like yours. Useless banza bakwai slave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano State Locked Down For Atiku Abubakar - Saraki Says (photos, Videos) / States Where Atiku, Tinubu & Obi Will Win In 2023 Presidential Elections - SBM / Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.