Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Don't Fly Bellview! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Don't Fly Bellview! (7788 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Can I Fly To Any Schengen Country Without Stopping At The Country Of Issuance? / How To Fly With A Small Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by ayeesha: 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2009
i think i might have cracked a rib!!!!

@ poster

you are simply hilarious! cnt believe you had me glued to my screen untill the last word! *my colleagues were beginning to give me the eye*
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sofeo(m): 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2009
Mhmm, Layinx you make sense, keep it up baby.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by meekas(m): 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2009
Look at me Look at me i still dey laff cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sesman(m): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2009
Good write up, grin grin grin, dont think i will fly hellview belleview grin
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by aquita(m): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2009
ade2kay:

wow!, very descriptive writing, and a beautiful happy ending (your boss giving u d day off). You write well, twas like watching a movie

Layinx is a very good writer; she should consider a career as a novelist or something.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by zPixel(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2009
Am not suppose to be laughing sad, its just 2 funny nt 2 grin grin  I've someone in my family that was the manager there in london b4 he got transfered, i believe the story to an extent cos i've been on the flight myself b4, anywayz, nice story.
Person: I’m sorry. I’m not Bellview staff. We were only paid to make the phonecalls(beep).
You can call their office to talk to their manager about compensation.
Me: Hello,helloo.
LMAO. smartone from bellview.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by ps3fanboy: 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2009
IF bellview is so bad then y do people keep taking the airline. with all the bad press d airline gets people still take the airline. bottomline is people get wat they pay for. u can pay chicken change and expect to get 4 star treatment. Even big boys that take klm and swissair still complain cause they expect 7 star treatment and nothingless.

If u want better service, then pay the extra premium but if u cant afford it then suffer in silence. No matter the bad press, bellview aint gonna change. Nice post though and am never taking bellview even if i have to travel to uk by boat.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by candylips(m): 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2009
infl
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by jkemzy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2009
you need to improve your art of story telling. Too long it lost the import
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by omega25red(m): 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2009
That was freaking hilarious but sad. I think if it was me i would have changed airlines but thank God you made it home
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sofeo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2009
jkemzy:

She really tried, my brother.

That's just a warning to ya all from Layinka.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by bebe4u(f): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2009
What a nice way to end my day in the office reading that piece. it was like watching a short comedy drama. grin grin
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sofeo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2009
bebe4u:

What a nice way to end my day in the office reading that piece. it was like watching a short comedy drama. grin grin

Yeah, You really got it my sister.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by utotomixxx(m): 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2009
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sofeo(m): 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2009
utotomixxx:

why did you even enter bellview in the first place. I will never enter a nigerian airline after my experience on Nicon Airways in 2006, the plane almost crashed. (former EAS airlines) (nicon airways no longer exists)

Quote from Layinka's post

I began with phone calls to some travel agent and their responses were all similar. They told me Virgin and B.A were fully booked (by the very rich or timely, I suppose) and my options were limited to Arik, Qatar and Bellview. I had to choose and I chose bellview (if it because they were cheap I wouldn't feel so cheated). Arik was not available for the dates I wanted to travel and I didn't like Qatar's idea of stopping over somewhere in the Middle East for a couple of hours, so my major reason was that Bellview would take me straight to London.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by igbogolo: 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2009
@utomixxxx
I am a regular flier with EAS airlines mainly in 2004 when I was serving in Jos. I think their service was not too bad. I think EAS pilots are extremely competent and they can fly the old planes very well. same with chanchangi and aero. Arik local pilots remain the worst. however when Jimoh Ibrahim came with his nicon, I must admit service delivery suffered greatly.
What exactly do u mean by 'the plane almost crashed'? planes loose altitude if there is turbulence in the air. if that turbulence is enough to disrupt airflow especially in the airfoils, a plane can experience drag, lose lift and altitude. This can happen to any plane anywhere. So far , there has not been any significant difference in local travels abroad and in Nigeria. I am saying this from experience. where the problem is is mainly on international routes. aero for instance matches any local flight in the UK and US. Yes, aero is that good!!!
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by bawomolo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2009
very funny
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by oge4real(f): 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2009
Your writing is so explicit.
Your experience is very funny indeed. grin grin
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by DOW(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2009
Well writen
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by everlast: 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2009
@layinx

Thank you very much for showing up bellview. I was in the same flight with you from 9ja to the UK. I had earlier travelled from the UK on the same old smelly aircraft with air Italia logo on it, when we eventually boarded we were all pushed to the rear of the aircraft leaving all the seats at the front empty, a man later questioned why and was told that the seats were reserved for a group which we latter found to be a lie, the seats had been saved for the flight attendants to sleep during the flight.  The weird thing was the seat all had bellview air on the headrest, the crew were arabic/italian. Unlike you I thought the food was terrible(YES you must have been very hungry!!!). This will be the first and last time I will ever use bellview.

NB

When we arrive at heathrow the aircraft docked at terminal 1 instead of 2, we exit the aircraft through the  middle exit which should normally be the emergency exit onto a waiting bus that was too small to accomodate all of us, it had to make two trips. We then had to walk from terminal 1 to 2. As a group of us were trying to make our way we met with one of the airports ground staff who told us that the plane had been inpounded for none payment of airport fees. You could not make this up if you tried,
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Doofan(f): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2009
sounds fictional to me
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by remoranger(m): 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2009
LWKMD
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by rasputinn(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2009
How quickly things can deteriorate,so Bellview has gone this bad.Good decision not to have flown them since this year
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by utotomixxx(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2009
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by claire7(f): 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2009
i dont usually read long post but i read urs word for word and the nice thing about it is that i was really in a very terrible mood but after reading ur post,i just couldnt help laughing. thanks for making my day
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2009
Doofan:

sounds fictional to me

Hey Bellview staff, look up the meaning of that word in the dictionary, come back to repost or modify your post!!
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by uoe80(f): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2009
Excellent writing,your are absolutely brillant,maybe you should give me some lessons.i thank God for journey mercies,it may all look and sound funny but Na GOD save u.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Gunnergal: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2009
utotomixxx:

The day I entered EAS for my first time (also my first experience with a nigerian airline) the plane was literally flying on its side and people were praying. When we finally landed one man kissed the planes floor and said that is why he always listens to the safety information by the flight hostess. It was in the news.  grin

Yeee, LWKM, LMAO
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by ObamaUS: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2009
claire7:

i dont usually read long post but i read urs word for word and the nice thing about it is that i was really in a very terrible mood but after reading your post,i just couldnt help laughing. thanks for making my day

same thing here mate, bellview grin, i prefer BRT make e carry me go london
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by ObamaUS: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2009
jkemzy:

Na wa oo , bad belle too plenty for this naija, Only JEFFREY ARCHER WILL BEAT THIS NARRATION.Try to appreciate things
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Akanniade(m): 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2009
Good info. Thanx poster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of The Schenge Country Is The Best To Apply For Tourism Visa / Inquire On Visa To Belgium / Oil Marketers Are Ripping Us Off - Airline Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.