Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital (39277 Views)

Roman Goddess Trolls Laura Ikeji For Dumping Her Wig On Bambam's Head / Olumide Babalola Sues Linda Ikeji For 50million Naira - Photos / DonJazzy Stylishly Mocked Linda Ikeji For Being Single(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by cckris: 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
blackmedia:
That house belongs to Olisah Metuh . Linda was a front for Metuh and the PDP 2015 publicity team . she's got more cash in her care.

The house may actually belong to one Raufool Aregbesola, her Yoruba lover.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by CioAngels(f): 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
Linda ekeji, you exposed yourself big time. My fear for you then is now made public, now you have given opportunity to mr fowl who should be in prison for heating the poor graduate youths of Nigeria to send his equally thieves staff after you. Invite mr fowl of FIRS personally to your house and pay to him to free you as he was paid to secretly employe dullards into FIRS. OLE, OWO TO GBA FUN ISE FIRS MA GBONO MO E.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by seguno2: 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
glossy6:
grin grin grin grin

The tax laws are well behind times as they need to be reviewed as the penalties spelt out there are laughable. However, what the TAT (Tax Appeal Tribunal) does is to either uphold assessments, ask for the assessments to be amended or discharge assessments depending on the evidences before the tribunal

Here you are supposed to pay 10% of N800,000 as WHT to either FIRS or LIRS, then give N720,000 to your landlord. That is aside your PAYE

So your tax worth is well above 50k

With the way you are responding, I guess that it is safe to say that you are a tax practitioner, maybe even a member of the CITN.
Assuming that is the case, do you know what effort your Institute has made/is making to lobby our lawmakers for more stringent penalties to improve tax compliance?
The numbers that I gave were just to illustrate why I would pay less tax than a bling bling over-exposed, mansion-owning blogger.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by cckris: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
irunoobo:

God bless you for this post. Unfortunately most igbos commenting on this thread attached tribal sentiments to it as if she was singled out because she's igbo. She displays $14,000 bag on social media and claims to buy 2 at once. She said her bag is more expensive than the cars of her haters. She forgot the authorities are watching all these. She is lucky she's not in Europe. Former Italian prime minister is currently in jail for tax evasion. Linda's case is no big deal if she is truly rich
Kindly mention Yoruba people, you SHOULD KNOW, that have paid tax. Abi Na for Linda body your own sentiment de start & end?
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by numericalguy(m): 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
WizKid be like...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by kaypound(m): 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nothing like witching here....
Someone just has to be used as a scape goat so things will be done rightly....
It's just like Nigerian police or lastma....when they catch you for a traffic offence...Na you go carry the cross for everyone even when others after you are committing the same offence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by kaypound(m): 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
How much is Naija tax wey she dey dodge....make she come live for UK make she know how far.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by cckris: 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
dammytosh:
Linda Pay your tax please.

I have mouth to say this because i pay mine.

As a matter of fact and emphasis, i pay 7 digits tax every year. In case you wonder why it pains me when some one just steal money and i refuse to support him no matter the Religious, political or tribal affiliation.

So when we scream "Damn !! Tax payer's money"

we mean it.

I hope WAILERS will not ask me to prove it by going to AMERICA. grin grin

Bob Marley & the WAILERS have the RIGHT TO KNOW what Taxes Buhari's wife paid before donating 300 million naira. And billionaire Tinubu also, as owner of 50% APC.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by An0nimus: 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
Boss13:
I have issues with this news because I need to understand what tax she is liable to pay.

FIRS is responsible to collect Corporate Income Tax, Capital Gain Tax, VAT, Petroleum Profit Tax, Personal Income Tax for Abuja Residents, Withholding Tax, Education Tax, Stamp Duties.

I would have loved to explain these tax types but I intend to avoid verbose comment.

Is FIRS after her on Corporate Income Tax? Or is it LIRS that is after her on Personal Income Tax or Land Use Charge? We need to be clear about this before rushing to conclusion.

Tax evasion is a serious crime and one could go to prison for it.

I do not pity her situation because of her excessive show off. Now the government is breathening down her neck and the truth is rushing out like flood.

if i register a partnership today, which taxes is it expected to pay of the above listed?
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by cckris: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
kaypound:

Someone just has to be used as a scape goat so things will be done rightly....

That's the problem with APshit. They can't lead by example. Why not show what Taxes Tinubu has been paying? Or Buhari's wife.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by kaypound(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
cckris:

That's the problem with APshit. They can't lead by example. Why not show what Taxes Tinubu has been paying? Or Buhari's wife.

When and if pdp ever takes over in 2019...then you can probe them too but until then....you have to be patient and eat the fattest bone till your turn comes....a good advice....enjoy the ride and don't kill yourself or have bp over any politician they don't know you....least they care about you...

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by seangy4konji: 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
Person weh fit buy human being especially many men can pay 75 'million wih out a sweat.

LInda be switching on her bangs and olufs now listening to

50cent:Many men.(in chorus)wish death upon me.

Ye ye. Go pay the money sharp sharp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by MrGerald(m): 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
irunoobo:
smiley good for her. Let's see how easy it will be for her to pull out 75 million in this harsh economy. Why did she have to short change the system when she was obviously making money and flaunting it on their faces. Wizkid be laughing his ass out now grin
Is that ur prayer? Story!! It won't work you better go and buy panadol to avoid heart attack
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by SmellingVagina: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
Her Smellingvagina don RED. Now lets see her Talking from it.

*****but Lyndy Baby just call the FirsDirector, into the Home, Wash YourVagina and let him oo taste Test Run like Wizkid Director did. Whalahi, He would free your matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by profmallory(m): 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
I pay tax every month even though I hate it, so why shouldnt she, if shes owing tax, then she should pay up simple. After all how much us 75m to someone like her.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Ebbunwa(m): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
That's unfair
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Akainzo(m): 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
winniz:
So many of us now know what is going on, you lots have been fighting Linda ikeji and the Igbo nation without them having any idea. They are now so desperate, after this Linda ikeji and so many Igbos will have to pull out all their investment in Lagos cheesy

Linda Ikeji sell off that house and move back to the east or you relocate out of that country we are solidly behind you.

That might just be a good advice. Sell the house, pay FIRS their N75M and move back to the East.

Then Linda will ask you, "To where?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by 0shyne: 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
goodlifehyd:
And she will evade tax in the country she's traveling to also ba? Some people can't stop reasoning like unripe mango

unripe mango bawo......bet y? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by glossy6(f): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
seguno2:

With the way you are responding, I guess that it is safe to say that you are a tax practitioner, maybe even a member of the CITN.
Assuming that is the case, do you know what effort your Institute has made/is making to lobby our lawmakers for more stringent penalties to improve tax compliance?
The numbers that I gave were just to illustrate why I would pay less tax than a bling bling over-exposed, mansion-owning blogger.

That the existing tax laws are obnoxious is not news but for instituting stiffer penalties, it will be done but it may not be too soon.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by antieverything(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
Linda rocks cool
#vex ? Go kiss cobra
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by 0shyne: 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
Acidosis:
They should not forget to go after all the Yoruba and Arewa bloggers as well. I can name 20 popular ones for proper references.

They shouldn't forget to go after all the Lagos based celebrities including Wizkid, P-Square, etc.

Failure to do that would make FIRS look stup!d.

I'm not Igbo by the way, but I'm not f00lish. Until we learn to do things fairly and rightly in this part of the world, we'd always be the animals that we are.

Just recently in the US, fire fighters traced a Nigerian Oba. That's how credible agencies work, they don't work like animals and visionless remotely controlled wanderers.

The sensible ones should know the reason for these troubles. Just because Linda accepted PDP sponsored ads doesn't make her a criminal. She has done nothing differently from Olamide, Ice Prince and other celebrities who featured in the Ambode campaign songs. But HELL NO; Foolishness won't make us think.

you were making sense at 1st, buh why must u be sentimental...are you calling these a political witch hunt Again?? if u aint igbo then perhaps u are a bewildered fellow......am not ANTI Linda buh she was actually flaunting her assets,this wouldnt have happened if she had kept quiet and enjoy her money in peace......byebye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by allaboutobed(m): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
dat one na money.? she can pay without blinking.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by arresa: 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
Acidosis:
They should not forget to go after all the Yoruba and Arewa bloggers as well. I can name 20 popular ones for proper references.

They shouldn't forget to go after all the Lagos based celebrities including Wizkid, P-Square, etc.

Failure to do that would make FIRS look stup!d.

I'm not Igbo by the way, but I'm not f00lish. Until we learn to do things fairly and rightly in this part of the world, we'd always be the animals that we are.

Just recently in the US, fire fighters traced a Nigerian Oba. That's how credible agencies work, they don't work like animals and visionless remotely controlled wanderers.

The sensible ones should know the reason for these troubles. Just because Linda accepted PDP sponsored ads doesn't make her a criminal. She has done nothing differently from Olamide, Ice Prince and other celebrities who featured in the Ambode campaign songs. But HELL NO; Foolishness won't make us think.

Even if they don't owe taxes like your dead beat, tax defaulting and lawless sister bah?

Sounds like you people walk on your brains...
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by cckris: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
0shyne:

you were making sense at 1st, buh why must u be sentimental...are you calling these a political witch hunt Again?? if u aint igbo then perhaps u are a bewildered fellow......am not ANTI Linda buh she was actually flaunting her assets,this wouldnt have happened if she had kept quiet and enjoy her money in peace......byebye

Has Buhari's wife EVER PAID A DIME in Tax, even though she donated 300 million naira.

What Tax has multi-BILLIONAIRE Tinubu paid? If they don't pay why must anyone else?
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
obstead200:

let us leave all this sentiments and solidarity statements and address the key issue here:
Is she guilty? (I think so).
Did she evade tax? (it is in every Nigerian's blood to try to evade tax)
Is tax evasion wrong? (hell yes!!!)
Could she have avoided this mess?(yes, if only she had been less pompous and have flouted her "wealth" less blatantly in the face of Nigerians)
Is she gonna pay for it? (most definitely. even if she does not pay in full, she will still lose nothing less than N20m in bribes)
And I don't see how that should bother you , she isn't the only one who doesn't pay her tax if it's true she doesn't...
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by ephi123(f): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
deebsman1:
And later u guys will be complaining Nigeria is this, is that. Is Spain not prosecuting Messi for tax evasion, did anybody shouts witch-hunt or taking anybody down? Is brazil or so not presently trying Neymar for same tax evasion?? Former Bayern Munich president or so is also being tried for tax evasion, so tax evasion is a worldwide big offence.

In Nigeria actually a lot of people don't pay taxes appropriately true true, but yet they keep it low key, but as for Linda and other yeyebrities, this will serve as a lesson for them that they should stop flaunting.

Even many of those things they flaunts are not actually theirs, not up to what they are actually making it to look like or whatever, now even Linda is coming out plain now that the house is not hers, what a funny episode

Thank you. Please tell them.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by 0shyne: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
cckris:

Has Buhari's wife EVER PAID A DIME in Tax, even though she donated 300 million naira.

What Tax has multi-BILLIONAIRE Tinubu paid? If they don't pay why must anyone else?

Ow would u knw if dai paid tax or nt.....ur Assumption is baseless##
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by logica(m): 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
0shyne:

You never know; maybe he's a tax lawyer and he works for FIRS or LIRS. He MUST know. grin
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by cckris: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
0shyne:

If Linda's Tax Status can be known, as a private citizen, Public Officers MUST publish their Tax Records, in order to encourage others to pay.

APshit should lead by examples.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by obstead200(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
cckris:

Mr Tax Accountant, what Tax did Buhari's wife pay before she donated 300 million naira? Abi Na Linda you want take practise your IT?
aisha buhari is not in the class of Linda ikeji. There is no basis for comparison. The same laws cannot apply to both of them in our jungle called naija. The buharis are an elite family. They are close to untouchable (although this is very sad).
Linda ikeji on the other hand is an upjumped nobody that feels she will become relevant by bragging About her wealth on social media. She was desperate to become a force to be reckoned with. She was stu.pid, proud, insultive and very vain.
She is gonna pay the price fully
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by 0shyne: 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
cckris:

If Linda's Tax Status can be known, as a private citizen, Public Officers MUST publish their Tax Records, in order to encourage others to pay.

Ogbeni her donations was on kind gestures,she sowed seed into people's life....an average Nigerian will understand ds....#who linda Don Epp
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by 0shyne: 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
cckris:

Ogbeni her donations was on kind gestures,she sowed seed into people's life....an average Nigerian will understand ds....#wholindadonEpp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Toolz Oniru & Tunde Demuren’s Introduction Ceremony (Photos) / Davido And Akon Received By Gabon's President Mr Ali (Photos, Video) / Ben Bruce Reacts To Wizkid's MOBO 2017 Award & Beating Jay Z & Drake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.