Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5404896 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ipio(f): 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
@pink22,tanks alot, I've been tinking of dat Abuja tin, dat's wat I'll most definetly do,are u still taking d vit.C or u stopped wen u stopped clomid?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mama Triplets, Congrats on your husband's massive improvement. I'm so chuffed for you. Your hormone profile is so good too. Nice levels you've got there. Iya carry go with your Oga but why did your Doctor prescribe Clomid? Do you ovulate normally or you need help to because with that level you don't need help at all. But pls follow your doctor's instructions. And use ovulation sticks as well so you can time everything. Much love

@ all, this our prayer must continue cos YES WE CAN. That should be our slogan now!

Beetle
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
@Greenfruits
Injectibles, are injections given to induce ovulation, with different brands and names, your dr will guide you if you are to go by that.

@pink22
In this TTC journey we hear different things... you can read this forum http://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/fertility-treatments/archives/why-clomid-on-days-5-9.html and http://community.babycenter.com/post/a30951383/clomid_cd3-7_verses_cd_5-9_50_mg.
Personally the day you take doesnt really mean much in terms of egg quality, any day that works for one is just RIGHT for that person. There is no 'gooder' or 'badder' day to start from in as much as the days fall within the right days to start it. My advice is go by the day your doctor prescribed, if monitored and u didnt ovulate, maybe you can change the starting day.

@All,
Somebody told me her naturopath told her to avoid draw soup after ovulation... has anybody heard something like this?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakeey(f): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
Alwaystrue: Ehen @Mamatriplets,
I knew it....cucumber shey....people have testified to this God given fruit as good for male issues regarding sperm.

Happy for you o....the good food we eat too is beneficial for the body.

May God grant us wisdom on what to eat or not eat to help cure, treat, ease all these body ailments we experience.

@Flakeey, thanks for the info on grapefruit juice for EWCM.
That's a new one that can be tried. I thought grapefruit juice was too acidic? What do you think?

Actually, grapefruits are alkalizing fruits. Although they are citrus fruits and therefore acidic in their native form, when we EAT grapefruit, the pH of their "ash" when they have been metabolized by the body is alkaline. So grapefruits are great to eat because of the nutrition the offer, they taste great and they are alkalizing to our bodies, not acidifying.

i hope tis helps. youn can also google it for more explanation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gr8babe: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
Fruitful women! Please does anyone know any fruit that can help boost sperm count? Advise would be welcomed.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Please I still feel pains on my right hand side of my pelvis and headache too. I will see my doc on this tomorrow but does anyone think this is normal.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
@udoka2, thanks for checking on me and LO. I can see your BFP on the way already.

@All, You are seriously in my prayers,I am very convinced that there shall be BFP testimonies a plenty this month of October in Jesus name. Sending you truck load of babydust!

Update:
Please, I am still part of this TTC family,i can't help but share my pregnancy update once in awhile here,I apologize if anyone feel offended,I am not use to the pregnancy thread,i feel all my friends/family are here.I understand the sensitivity of this thread,please bear with me.

I went for my 12 weeks ultrasound today,everything went well, i saw my LO moving about and his heartbeat was flickering away at 152bmp(heart beat per minute),I was so overwhelmed.I am also scared of stopping the progesterone cold turkey,I think i will have to take it until 14 weeks also, then wean off little by little.

Here is my 12weeks1day scan pix, if you don't mind.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
MSTIA: Please I still feel pains on my right hand side of my pelvis and headache too. I will see my doc on this tomorrow but does anyone think this is normal.
It is perfectly normal,you have nothing to worry about as long as you are not having serious cramping/bleeding. As your uterus is stretching you will feel slight discomfort in your pelvic region which is completely normal. Try not to stress yourself too much,your 1st ultrasound will put your mind at ease.Sending you sticky vibes!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
@PInk22, Udoka2 is right. i was going to say d same thng. Thrs egg quality is not based on d days you take clomid, its jst finding wat works for you and makes you ovulate.

@Mstia, you do not have anything to worry abiut. I hve headaches too and i asked my DR wen i saw him on Tuesday and he sed its part of it. Some pple have it while others dnt. I bought tylenol to take if d pain is unbearable but its nuttin i cant handle. Anyway talk to your Dr shaa. As for the pelvic pain, dats ur body tryin to get used to its new visitor. I knw i used to get light cramping in d first few weeks after i found out i was pregnant but that has since stopped.
Goodluck at you appt 2mrw and ask lots of questions...i actually wrote my questions dwn and i asked my Dr all of them, i dnt even want stories.

@champs am happy for you my dear, congrats again. I am feeling d same exact thng, am finding it very difficult moving to the pregnancy thread so i figured i'll jst hang out on this thread for now until am ready. I dnt think anybody has a problem with dat. My scan made me so emotional n teary, smetimes its jst unbelievable that u hve a baby growing inside of you.
I too am on progesterone and am def goin to wait until 14weeks to stop. And i'll go 4rm daily to evryother day and then to evry 2 days, and to evry 3 days...dats how i intend to stop.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
@ Pink 22. Thanks for the info.

@ Champs...awwwww! What a cute little bean we have there.You are very welcome to stay on the thread and we dnt feel offended.Personally I dnt,coz I feel we are family. kiss
I sent you a mail.

Babydust to all the future mommas in the house!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Inspired4life: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
For those contemplating IVF, The cost on the average is 900 - 950k in Nigeria. However, a cheaper IVF option is the Natural cycle IVF. It may be worth discussing this treatment option with your clinician if your periods are fairly regular and you are ovulating normally.

What is natural cycle IVF?

Natural cycle IVF involves collecting and fertilising the one egg that you release during your normal monthly cycle. No fertility drugs are used in this treatment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
@Ebony,Thanks kiss. I will check my email now.
@Hebrew Woman, Thanks. I am going to do exactly the same with my progesterone,gradually wean it off,that will start from the 14th week.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
@gr8babe,
I know of cucumber. May be there are others.

@Champs,
That is great....offended for what? For seeing someone experiencing what we desire to experience? At all o, I usually frequent the pregnancy thread myself in anticipation o. Congrats on your scan...you will carry to term by Gods grace.

@Hebrew woman, do give updates....I am glad to hear the testimony progress.

@All,
the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not delay.

This seems to be so contradictory....it will not tarry but though it tarry wait for it....just imagine.
What is sure however, it may seem like God is tarrying but He is orchestrating everything for our good...it won't be long....just wait....it won't delay.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
Tnx Champs and Hebrewoman,
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
Thank u Udoka u hv been very helpfull am so happy I hv women like these taking every details as its their personal problems. its really helps and relieve me. I will see my positive gyea next week.

Lestest mamas in d house Congrats u all God who started dis good work in u will surely see u all thru. God bless u all. Good nyt dearies
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
U gals are probably right about the clomid, we hear all sorts.
@ipio i stopped the vit c the day i took last pill of clomid.

This no Drawl soup after ovulation na wao i wan hear am
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zenoj: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2012
To be full of bitterness and unforgiveness is like drinking poison hoping it will hurt your enemies.If God is willing to forgive us, we should be willing to forgive others.We are never justified in harboring unforgiveness toward anyone.Unforgiveness in your heart will hurt you more than anyone else.
This is a major factor that keeps our blessing and miracles away from us.
Good Morning.

@ our preggies,never stop visiting this thread.Am so elated and encouraged reading from y'all from time to time,gives hope.
God is really faithful.Babydust to us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2012
pls, keep the pregancy update coming, its an enouragement to us becausw we know where you mamas started from. It will only be wrong for somebody who is not part of this family, to start pregancy update here whereas theres a forum for it.

Pls keep it coming dearies tongue

@champs & hebrewwoman
You are almost there. Have you started growing bump? Dont mind my question, l can wait to get there, l will start wearing maternity clothes at 10weeksgrin.. yes o l gat to flunt amgrin

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 10:15am On Oct 05, 2012
@all preggy mums, pls keep coming here oo, it tells me that there is a testimony here and more coming, that how I feel when I see you guys post.

gr8babe: Fruitful women! Please does anyone know any fruit that can help boost sperm count? Advise would be welcomed.
Here are some of the ones I research about: cucumber, watermelon, oranges, banana,walnut, groundnut, local eggs mix with milk, wheat, pounded yam (pls don't replace with pando yam) instead replace with yam if you can't pound, fish (there is a type of fish sha),milk, pumkin leaf(ugu), green veggies. Then food rich in vitamin C and E are all welcome.

@udoka, don't worry soon you will wear you maternity gown in Jesus name, am even keeping one now self and i have told my hubby I will be getting some Ks from him to buy ones it happen, he must be ready cos am the one spending now.

Let me also ask, I met one herbal expert, I told my hubby about her but he said no to it, she told me she will treat him for 8weeks, they use herbs for treatment, are they relaible? I have heard of so many cases they treated, women or men issue which were are successful.we want to go on with the medical prescription but if after a month we carry out the test and there is no significant change I want to try and plead with hubby to revisit them and try their herbs, What do you advise pls.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakeey(f): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2012
omonikiba: @all preggy mums, pls keep coming here oo, it tells me that there is a testimony here and more coming, that how I feel when I see you guys post.

Here are some of the ones I research about: cucumber, watermelon, oranges, banana,walnut, groundnut, local eggs mix with milk, wheat, pounded yam (pls don't replace with pando yam) instead replace with yam if you can't pound, fish (there is a type of fish sha),milk, pumkin leaf(ugu), green veggies. Then food rich in vitamin C and E are all welcome.

@udoka, don't worry soon you will wear you maternity gown in Jesus name, am even keeping one now self and i have told my hubby I will be getting some Ks from him to buy ones it happen, he must be ready cos am the one spending now.

Let me also ask, I met one herbal expert, I told my hubby about her but he said no to it, she told me she will treat him for 8weeks, they use herbs for treatment, are they relaible? I have heard of so many cases they treated, women or men issue which were are successful.we want to go on with the medical prescription but if after a month we carry out the test and there is no significant change I want to try and plead with hubby to revisit them and try their herbs, What do you advise pls.

yea, u shd give it a trial once it's not fettish. God created herbs, fruits and leaves for our consumption. Go Natural girl *winks*

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakeey(f): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2012
shiloh: Aww Champs...wat a cutey. Why would we b offended..haba!! Pls u guys should nt stop posting ere o or else we will b offended..lol!

MSTIA..u hrd wat d other sista's said..do not worry urself ok. It is well smiley.

@All...I was busy ysday saying I didn't feel ovulation cramps and all..o boy! I had d mother of ovulation pain today..even up till now as am typing am still feeling it. Don't even knw how I go BD wit dis feeling oo. Kai!!. Bt no wahala,aluta continua!! D little boys must locate d eggs dis month o. I no fit shout.

Sprinkling babydust to us all!!

Babe..no fall my hand ooo
get down with the Baby Dance sharp sharp
cant wait to read the news of your Big BFP

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
Awwww...thank you guys for all the kind words.

@Udoka2, yes oo akmst thr. Am counting d days like a crazy preson. I'll be 12weeks on sunday but no bump yet oo. i heard first pregnancies dnt start showing until a lil later, even tho evryone is diff. The only thng i've noticed is dat i've added a lil bit of wieght but nuttin too drastic. I really want to watch wat i eat during dis pregnancy, dnt want to add too much weight cos losing it wnt b dat easy.
I hvnt even bought a single maternity cloth but i feel u. And your 10 weeks mark is closer than you think oo so get ready.

@Mstia, how did your first appt go. I trust dat evrythng went well as expected. Looking 4ward to your update.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
Haaaaaa Hebrewwoman, u cant start talking about watching weight now o, just wait first o time dey come .
Ok gals this is good news for me i ovulated on cd14 yipie! I was ranging b/w cd17-19, i dey always shake DH bones tire b4 i finally ovulate, this is great news to us

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
@ udoka. You are so right!@all our preggy mamas...please always come in. Like I always say, you will understand what we are going through better and have answers to some of our questions.

I so look forward to several of us moving on at about the same time so that the family stays together.

@hebrew woman. Please eat whatever is good for the baby and leave weight watching for now..we will welcome u back to the WL thread with wide open arms. grin

@champs this's so generous of u..you have increased my faith by sight! That is so sweet,am touched.and yeah that's a cutie right there. Can't wait to join u hon.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
@shiloh..lol! Yes it happens to me sometimes too and then the cramps will be so bad that I begin to wonder whether its possible for dh to do the job outside and insert it inside. smiley

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hello fruitful mothers, tnx @hebrewoman, I saw my doc today, he asked me to do a scan which came out fine. But I will send the result to him tomorrow. EGA is 5weeks. That really gave a big relief.

God bless y'all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 06, 2012

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 7:46am On Oct 06, 2012
shiloh: @Flakeey...I no get choice na!

@Rocksqueen..u knw dis!! If it's possible dat way I will gladly opt for it. Lol!

DH was nt even feeling too well..he was down wit flu so couldn't get to DTD dat day bt managed to coarse and seduce him ysday. I just dey pity am.

My problem nw is dat its during d 2ww dat he won't let me rest sad.

OH MY.....!Tell me about it! Do you know how many times I have complained about THAT here??
Infact its like we have different body clocks. Last cycle I surmised that it must be cos of the bigger bossoms, either that or God is trying to tell me something about my timing!
Choi! And during bd I will be praying that the motion or heavenly feeling doesn't vibrate the uterus to remove any implanted egg (I know Udoka will laf at me again. tongue ).
In God we trust sha....I pray that if we are dtd let nothing spoil any bfp in the making.

(I noticed that these days I type in Nairaland grammar LMAO!Sometimes I even tell dh 'fluid' or 'bossom' when I want to code from people) grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zenoj: 7:48am On Oct 06, 2012
Good morning wonderful mums!!!
The more you hurry, the more mistakes you make. Slow down, breathe and learn to be led by God, not driven by impatience.
@mama T,is tonite the time for the vigil?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by santagelo25(m): 10:12am On Oct 06, 2012
@Mama triplets,i am over happy for you and your husband.God has done it for you already.I understand how you are feeling right now because i am going through the same struggle your husband went through.I did post something on this thread some weeks back that has to do with doctors diagnosing that i have zero sperm count(azoospermia).I have done sperm analysis with the result showing virtually everything dead.I just did the hormone assay analysis and the result is LH:10.2(normal), FSH:13.8(High), Prolactin:4.4(normal), Testosterone:5.0(Low).We have been praying steadfastly and ceaselessly to God and i have been taking fruits like water-melon,cashewnut and groundnut,cucumber,banana,pawpaw,pineapple,orange,vegetable(ugu),eggs,Vitamin E,C but not consistently.After reading your wonderful and spirit-lifting testimony,i have decided to follow your step by eating more of fruits.Please,i will like to know your gynae/urologist.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 11:03am On Oct 06, 2012
santagelo25: @Mama triplets,i am over happy for you and your husband.God has done it for you already.I understand how you are feeling right now because i am going through the same struggle your husband went through.I did post something on this thread some weeks back that has to do with doctors diagnosing that i have zero sperm count(azoospermia).I have done sperm analysis with the result showing virtually everything dead.I just did the hormone assay analysis and the result is LH:10.2(normal), FSH:13.8(High), Prolactin:4.4(normal), Testosterone:5.0(Low).We have been praying steadfastly and ceaselessly to God and i have been taking fruits like water-melon,cashewnut and groundnut,cucumber,banana,pawpaw,pineapple,orange,vegetable(ugu),eggs,Vitamin E,C but not consistently.After reading your wonderful and spirit-lifting testimony,i have decided to follow your step by eating more of fruits.My wife happen to work in a medical clinic where young girls come for abortion everyday.It demoralises her when she see people come around to terminate pregnancy that she has been praying to God to bless her with.Please,i will like to know your gynae/urologist.I reside in Lagos.Thanks and God bless.
May God honour you and your wife, give you the blessing you desire. I dont know, but i will like to advise you on this, God's Grace to us as individual or family is different, there are somethings some people will do and no repacaution and to some there is. i think your wife need a change of job, am sorry to sound this way, but i think am right. the same thing she is praying to God for, that's the same she is helping others to waste/terminate? even the thought of why me, why are all these ladies coming to kill what i need badly will be a nightmare to her always, please i will advise you both pray for her to get a new job, let her leave there pls and pls, get a new job where by action or inaction she will not stop your prayers from being answered. i pray God give you guys wisdom to know this, you can as well seek counsel from your spiritual leaders if you are the type that like doing that anyway, but the bible says 'ye are gods' to know what is right and that which is wrong, my little advise, i know my sisters in this thread will as well have something to say which i know will help you. it is well you you. there shall be none barren in the land, thus saith the Lord of Host.

on the other hand, please dont rely on one particular test, go back for another test after taking your medications for like 6weeks, try and be consistent with your dosage. Peace be unto your home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.