Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5406536 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 11:32am On Apr 04, 2016
mamakendra:

Nne ooo, no vex o. This your ivf journey you started at Bridges clinic since Oct 2015, has not ended? Abeg, what stage are you now in the ivf process? I would love to know.
Most of all your 26 posts since you joined nl in oct last year has been on advertisement for Bridge clinic. If you want market, market. No come dey form ttc

You gat no chill mehn, shii! See me being diplomatic sef grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chigirl45: 11:45am On Apr 04, 2016
sugah:

Kai! I chopped ban ontop your matter. I used pf....er. But I think any brand would do the work. If you are buoyant you can go for the expensive one.
Really?......nne no vex,just wanted to clarify.Thanks darling,God bless and keep u and lo and dh too

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2016
CravingChic:
fvine and legendsmother where are you oo? Come and answer me before I overdose on pills out of frustration. My hormonal result is out:
Lh 2-9 (0.5 -10.5); FSH 4.0 (3.0-12.0); prolactin 31 (1.2-19-5); prog 0.5 (2.5-25); testosterone 1.4 (0.1-1.0). Summary: Infertility. What am I gonna do again on top one tube issue too? Ike agwulam oo

Nwanne m, biko ikeagwula gi, oh. Jisie Ike (My Sis pls dont be tired, be strong). Your Sis is currently on her way from Lagos to Anambra state to get Chromopertubation of the tubes done. My prayer is that God blesses us with the best of kids in health and happiness after all of these, angelic kids that will make us proud and take care of us in our old ageAmen. I know it will all be worth it at the end.

Just like Mamakendra said, you have high Prolactin which you need to treat using drugs either Parlodel or Dostinex or Natural Method (Ewedu, Cabbage and Vit B6 or Vit B Complex). The high Prolactin could be whats stopping you from Ovulating. High Prolactin can interfere with ovulation and your Progesterone number shows that you didn't ovulate. Your testosterone is high which is indicative of imbalances. I'll advise you start taking Omega 3,6 as it helps with hormonal imbalance, that's what my Dr prescribed for me sha. Your Dr can do Ovulation induction too with drugs to ensure you ovulate if need be. I don't know for sure like @ Mamakendra if the Omega's have affected my eggs but I know for sure that they have affected my hormones positively. I had one of the best AF ever, very low PMS ( only felt like shouting at DH once instead of wanting to dash him slap severally : ). Also no pimples, in fact the spot from my AF pimple is almost faded now. Increased CM too although it can be better.

Your FSH levels shows you have excellent Ovarian reserve. Your LH is lower than your FSH and is close to a ratio of 1:1 so you're likely clear of PCOS. I believe your anovulation is from the high Prolactin. Just treat the high Prolactin and take the Omega's and I believe you'll be fine. Don't worry yourself about having one tube. You can conceive with one tube. God and your body knows the one tube that is working and you'll most likely ovulate from that side each month. Chukwu agozi go gi, o fodu nwa mgbe nta ( God has blessed U, its remains small) and it'll manifest to his glory, Amen.

Which drugs are you currently taking? Abeg no kill yourself with unnecessary drugs / supplements oh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Twogreatnations: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2016
WIDD:It was just God cos Av done what I did before. After undecided the MC Nov last year, I and dh decided to take a break from ttc. Gynae place us on antibiotics in Jan. I saw first af after the mc in Feb, told Gynae and encouraged me to try again, was placed on clomid. Saw af in March and thanked God but just spotted second day. Was scared and did a Pt.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Twogreatnations: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2016
Pt was positive, ran a scan and sac was seen. I became worried as I realised I might be miscarrying again. Called my Gynae and placed me on progesterone ( injections) . Went back to check last week via scan and two fetal poles and heartbeat was found. I was dumbfounded! Did it again( same result)

27 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Twogreatnations: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
Jehovah is faithful. All I asked for was just one child to call my own but he is giving me two. May everyone on this thread get a bfp before this year runs out by God's grace. Keep up the faith mothers. Nothing is impossible! I love you all. Sorry for the epistle. Had to post in bits as pone is acting up.Good morning all.

32 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
Twogreatnations:
Jehovah is faithful. All I asked for was just one child to call my own but he is giving me two. May everyone on this thread get a bfp before this year runs out by God's grace. Keep up the faith mothers. Nothing is impossible! I love you all. Sorry for the epistle. Had to post in bits as pone is acting up.Good morning all.
Congrats Mamaejima, Iyabeji, Twinsmama. Am tapping into your blessings and anointing because for this ttc journey, am a greedy sombori and begging God for twins but will accept his will and gift if it turns out to be a Singleton. Dancing Alingo for you.

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oluwadamelola(f): 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
Twogreatnations:
Just as your moniker,twogreatnations. i tap into your blessings. May God see you through the journey. Congrats

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
@ Sugah and @ Mamakendra, you both cracked me up on the Bridge Clinic IVF advert matter by Jill28. I really lol and I seriously needed the laffs walahi. I no blame Mamakendra sha, sometimes ttc can make you lose your chill especially in such matters.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oluwadamelola(f): 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Please which pharmacy can I get hcg trigger shot around Ajah? i am tired of gynecologists draining the small money wey i get. imagine getting a shot at 20k. now i dnt even have the 20k to dole out after buying drugs. mamas abeg no silent for this matter o.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tsquaure(f): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
oluwadamelola:
Please which pharmacy can I get hcg trigger shot around Ajah? i am tired of gynecologists draining the small money wey i get. imagine getting a shot at 20k. now i dnt even have the 20k to dole out after buying drugs. mamas abeg no silent for this matter o.
mopeth stocks drugs like that
icheck these two branches cheers
Mopheth Pharmacy 12E Admiralty Way Lekki Phase1 Lekki 08086726293 08086726294

Mopheth Pharmacy A17 D-CherubMall 18, Lekki –Epe Expressway Opposite Alpha Beach Ajah Lagos 08086726334

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tsquaure(f): 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
Twogreatnations:
congrats dear sister. i tap into that blessing too

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 1:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
No P chigirl45. Amen to your prayers!!

Twogreatnations congratulations once again. You were indeed given double for your troubles.

God please grant my e-sisters bfp as my bday gift.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 1:27pm On Apr 04, 2016
Fvine:
@ Sugah and @ Mamakendra, you both cracked me up on the Bridge Clinic IVF advert matter by Jill28. I really lol and I seriously needed the laffs walahi. I no blame Mamakendra sha, sometimes ttc can make you lose your chill especially in such matters.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
Fvine:

Nwanne m, biko ikeagwula gi, oh. Jisie Ike (My Sis pls dont be tired, be strong). Your Sis is currently on her way from Lagos to Anambra state to get Chromopertubation of the tubes done.

Your FSH levels shows you have excellent Ovarian reserve. Your LH is lower than your FSH and is close to a ratio of 1:1 so you're likely clear of PCOS. I believe your anovulation is from the high Prolactin. Just treat the high Prolactin and take the Omega's and I believe you'll be fine. Don't worry yourself about having one tube. You can conceive with one tube. God and your body knows the one tube that is working and you'll most likely ovulate from that side each month. Chukwu agozi go gi, o fodu nwa mgbe nta ( God has blessed U, its remains small) and it'll manifest to his glory, Amen.

Which drugs are you currently taking? Abeg no kill yourself with unnecessary drugs / supplements oh!

Ijeoma my dear sister, may your journey never be in vain,Amen. Thank you so much for the quick response, you are a great help. I have taken dostinex and parlodel before (stopped the parlodel because my body reacted adversely to it. What about bromergon? Am presently on vitex and 369 which I started last month. i bought letrozole for induction last month but i didnt use it. now am thinking of taking bromergon, 369 and letrozole once the next cycle starts. what do you think?

Two great Nation, Na so God wonder be oo! am happy for you. May God bless and keep you and your little oneS, amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
mamakendra:

Ike agwula gi, nwa nnem nwayi. O ga adi nma.
From my lil understanding, your result shows you have high prolactin, low progesterone, high testosterone.
But its not the end of the world. If you are not already on any drug for the prolactin, discuss with your dr about parlodel or dostinex (I learnt those here) or do/combine the drugs with the natural one of using cabbage, ewedu +vit b6(read previous posts on it)
Also for the progesterone, discuss with your dr on progesterone suppositories, but on your own you can add omega 369 to your daily supplements, make sure you are on a prenatal vitamin too, it helps.
I, personally have been on omega 369, for more than 1 month now, and during the last 2 tvs I did, my endometrial linning on cd10 was 10.2 mm and 11 mm on those 2 cycle, also the last tvs also showed a dominant follicle of 23mm, which released the following day. But the tvs I had on cd10 before I started taking the omega, showed a follicle that was not mature enough (I have a 25/26 day cycle)
All am trying to say is that omega3 can help. You can try that too
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oluwadamelola(f): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
tsquaure:
mopeth stocks drugs like that
icheck these two branches cheers
Mopheth Pharmacy 12E Admiralty Way Lekki Phase1 Lekki 08086726293 08086726294

Mopheth Pharmacy A17 D-CherubMall 18, Lekki –Epe Expressway Opposite Alpha Beach Ajah Lagos 08086726334
Thanks so much. I will check up with them.
i just called the two outlets now and the one in cherub mall said they dnt give the shot while the one in Adeola odeku said they do not give the shot but they sell but right now they are out of stock for it. do you know of other pharmacies that do HCG shot?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
mamakendra:

Ike agwula gi, nwa nnem nwayi. O ga adi nma.
From my lil understanding, your result shows you have high prolactin, low progesterone, high testosterone.
But its not the end of the world. If you are not already on any drug for the prolactin, discuss with your dr about parlodel or dostinex (I learnt those here) or do/combine the drugs with the natural one of using cabbage, ewedu +vit b6(read previous posts on it)
Also for the progesterone, discuss with your dr on progesterone suppositories, but on your own you can add omega 369 to your daily supplements, make sure you are on a prenatal vitamin too, it helps.
I, personally have been on omega 369, for more than 1 month now, and during the last 2 tvs I did, my endometrial linning on cd10 was 10.2 mm and 11 mm on those 2 cycle, also the last tvs also showed a dominant follicle of 23mm, which released the following day. But the tvs I had on cd10 before I started taking the omega, showed a follicle that was not mature enough (I have a 25/26 day cycle)
All am trying to say is that omega3 can help. You can try that too

Thank u so much! Chukwu gozie kwa gi! I have always been battling with this prolactin and its still showing itself. I stayed off all hormonal drugs since dec last year but started vitex and 369 last month. I guess i have to give it another shot again.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oomiyale(f): 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
@ Fvine naa so d new dr said pcos and anovulation. But his treatment plan is six month induction. I don't know d drug he will be give o. But he ask me to come for d drug once af show face done hsg both tube r open nd dh sperm is normal. Pls anyoda prenatal I can take to help regulate nd acheive conception with d ovulation induce.thank you.
Fvine:

Sounds like there could be issues going on there. Have you visited a Dr before on it and what was the diagnosis? It could be that you have PCOS hence no Ovulation, no period except you take something to force it, another pointer to PCOS is your success with clomid which ended sadly with an ectopic and also your swollen lower abdomen (Bloating). PCOS ladies have a higher level of miscarriage than ladies without it. Most PCOS ladies usually need support in their 1st trimester to ensure a healthy pregnancy.

Are you overweight if yes pls lose weight, losing as little as 5kg could restore your period. If you're underweight please add weight in a healthy way which will also restore your period. Other symptoms of PCOS include rapid weight gain, difficulty losing weight, bloating, heavy bleeding during period, bleeding irregularly, hair on chin, around the areola or nipples, shedding of hair on the head amongst others.

You may wish to get a scan and hormonal assay for proper diagnosis . Remedies to PCOS is Low Carb eating, Exercise, Metformin (Glucophage), Inositol + Choline, Chromium and Vit B6 especially for overweight Cysters. Omega 3,6 (9) to regulate your hormones. Drs may also decide to use Ovulation induction drugs too like Clomid, Letrozole, Ovidrel trigger etc. Abeg don't self medicate on clomid again it can be dangerous especially for ladies that have PCOS and/or Fibroid. A lot of PCOS women have restored their periods and conceived with this popular combo Weight loss + Metformin ( Glucophage) + Inositol.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
@cravingchic, give it time. Take your drugs religiously. And dont let your hubby su.ckle you bosoms.

@sugah and fvine. I like people who are straight in their dealings. Imagine forming ttc!!! @jill28 may you never struggle to conceive in your life (if na me be you, I go say better Amen, because na better prayer I pray for you so)
@sugah, na my own diplomatic be that o. Lol. I was even praising myself for handling it beautifully. Lol. No mind me jare

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
imoge2, hw body?tnx 4 d other time, i don come again o pls i want to know the dosage u took for vitex and omega 369. Thanks so much

cc: cravingchic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oluwadamelola(f): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
@ Tsquare i just called the two outlets now and the one in cherub mall said they dnt give the shot while the one in Adeola odeku said they do not give the shot but they sell but right now they are out of stock for it. do you know of other pharmacies that do HCG shot?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2016
jadelle:
imoge2, hw body?tnx 4 d other time, i don come again o pls i want to know the dosage u took for vitex and omega 369. Thanks so much

cc: cravingchic

i take omega 369 one tab twice a day(morn and night) same dosage with vitex.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
oomiyale:
@ Fvine naa so d new dr said pcos and anovulation. But his treatment plan is six month induction. I don't know d drug he will be give o. But he ask me to come for d drug once af show face done hsg both tube r open nd dh sperm is normal. Pls anyoda prenatal I can take to help regulate nd acheive conception with d ovulation induce.thank you.
Ok. Any regular Prenatal or M2tone will do if you want to take a Prenatal. If the drug he gives you is Clomid, please express your concern for thinning of your uterine lining and Monitoring you while on clomid to see what he'll say. Also discuss taking Vit C together with the clomid, clomid works better when combined with Vit C. And again you may need to get and use Preseed for drying of the veejay caused by clomid. Most Drs will also do Clomid together with Metformin for PCOS patients. We can't really conclude now since we don't know the drug he wants to use. There are several drugs for Ovulation induction.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rukkington(f): 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
Good evening all
Pls I want to know how long Prolactin take to normalise. I'm tired of ewedu therapy, I always feel like throwing up each time I drink it. My Dr prescribed bromocriptine and ovacare which I started today. Also, my progesterone on cd21 was 3.2, does it mean I didn't ovulate? Today is cd5 of another circle and I av started taking bromocriptine. Is der possibility dat I will ovulate dis circle if I av not been ovulating.
Pls mamas, I await your response
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omotolani22(f): 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2016
Dear able mamas,good evening.I am presently on clomid and I'm not experiencing any side effect apart from peeing frequently twice or thrice.is dis a good or bad sign?cc mamakendra,fvine,fruitfulwoman,sugah
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by delor: 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
Twogreatnations:

Hey hey. Congrats o. Me sef go change my moniker to threegreatnations. Wetin be delor sef sad

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
CravingChic:

Thank u so much! Chukwu gozie kwa gi! I have always been battling with this prolactin and its still showing itself. I stayed off all hormonal drugs since dec last year but started vitex and 369 last month. I guess i have to give it another shot again.
Just continue working on it. My Dr said I'll continue to be on Dostinex until I get a bfp. A Mama here who also got her bfp recently had her Dr do the same thing for her, I can't remember who exactly now. I think people who are prone to high Prolactin need to continue suppressing it till a bfp is achieved as it goes up very easily once medication/treatment is stopped. I don't know this for a fact though, just my thoughts based on my Dr's prescription and that of the other Mama.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oluwadamelola(f): 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Rukkington:
Good evening all
Pls I want to know how long Prolactin take to normalise. I'm tired of ewedu therapy, I always feel like throwing up each time I drink it. My Dr prescribed bromocriptine and ovacare which I started today. Also, my progesterone on cd21 was 3.2, does it mean I didn't ovulate? Today is cd5 of another circle and I av started taking bromocriptine. Is der possibility dat I will ovulate dis circle if I av not been ovulating.
Does prolactin normalise? I think prolactin can be managed but i dnt know of it normalising. I have been on bromergon for almost a year now and what i notice is that the milk dries off after like 2 weeks of using the drug but once you stop it for a while the milk is there. So you need to use ur drugs religiously. On the ovulation aspect,i think it depends on your body system. Bromergon may induce ovulation for some people but it doesnt make me ovulate. Watch this cycle with the bromergon and ovacare if it doesn't make you ovulate, you can then induce ovulation. I hope this helps.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumkachi: 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Congratulations @twogreatnations! God is indeed faithful.

Please, i would love to be included on the prayer chain.

wonderful mamas, this is our season of harvest!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oomiyale(f): 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
Thank soo much ma,he already gave me 500mg of metformin with some drugs I don't know d name I don't think he will use clomid 4 me since I got ectopic 2nd cycle on clomid. Is omega 369 a prenatal too
Fvine:

Ok. Any regular Prenatal or M2tone will do if you want to take a Prenatal. If the drug he gives you is Clomid, please express your concern for thinning of your uterine lining and Monitoring you while on clomid to see what he'll say. Also discuss taking Vit C together with the clomid, clomid works better when combined with Vit C. And again you may need to get and use Preseed for drying of the veejay caused by clomid. Most Drs will also do Clomid together with Metformin for PCOS patients. We can't really conclude now since we don't know the drug he wants to use. There are several drugs for Ovulation induction.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beegurl(f): 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Rukkington:
Good evening all

My sister try eating cabbage like ur life depends on it. January I had discharge from my boobs, started eating cabbage like it was chocolate, tho was difficult to do. By the time I had my prolactin checked a month later, it was in d normal range. EAT CABBAGE

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.