Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,394 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5435977 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ogunbekun: 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
You dont need this pressure o jare. Please dont be stressed. It will come soon by God's grace.

Loisemm:
Mother Inlaw is getting worried o. This is not new sha. She called me today to ask how far...how body? How treatment plans.

She said, 'marriage without children is rubbish o'
'Women have time limits and menopause o but men can go on to have kids in old age.
'Consider your age'

Yepa... me wey still be sisi wink

Baba God, pls pick my call.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Godanswerprayer(f): 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
Adiahaakwaibom1:
@ Godanswerprayer
Sorry I just remembered ur post;
From my own personal experience; I did progesterone hormonal assay on CD 21 which I paid 4 separately ( it's Abt 4K last yr at teaching hospital). Progesterone test is conducted on this day cos if u ovulated ; ur serum PG concentration will be quite high but if it's otherwise it signifies some many things from no ovulation, PCOS, hormonal imbalance , even if d female is pregnant ( she is placed on progesterone injections/ tablets).
So it's a very impt test & it's day is quite impt too.
On CD3, most other female sex hormones are assayed & quite naturally PG conc. is quite low then cos u must have restarted a new menstrual cycle & currently on follicle stimulating phase( make I stop here ).
In summary; on CD3 ; a new blood sample is required to conduct d actual concentration of d intended hormones (FSH,LH,ESTROGEN) likewise same 4 CD21 ( PROGESTERONE)
So u cud say that dy r two different tests ...
my dear may God bless u for ur response.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dazzle86(f): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Loisemm:
Mother Inlaw is getting worried o. This is not new sha. She called me today to ask how far...how body? How treatment plans.

'Women have time limits and menopause o but men can go on to have kids in old age.
'Consider your age'

Please don't allow yourself to be pressured.
It is God who gives children. Your bfp is at hand,I can smell it.

People who didn't sweat to get a bfp, they think it should be the same with everybody.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
Thanks for ur encouragement and kind words everyone. God is in control. I know she means no harm. Hubby said she's only reminding us to do more towards actualizing it. Make I dey watch. I know myself.

cc Ogunbekun , mamakendra , lavivaavril and Adiahaakwaibom1 , Dazzle86

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mojeco(f): 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2016
God as picked your call just thank him for what he as done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fruitfulvine83: 12:58am On Dec 22, 2016

Loisemn dear, ur mil has just challenged God n not u. just get ready cos ur set time for conception is now. It cannot be delayed any longer. U shall announce ur bfp soon in Jesus mighty name.
E-hugs sis.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by pweetymii: 7:20am On Dec 22, 2016
Long Post Alert.
My peeps,happy Christmas.Hope everyone is doing gr8.Ayam sorry for my small absence.I go still take small break to do some small things this period,neverthe less,my prayers and thots is with us all as i expect more bfp's announcement before the 31st of december( take note @loisemm and orney).So,i saw many posts,i feel i should reply to.
@Cubes01,nothing do you,welcome to our family of love.remove guilt from your mind.Have an open mind as a matter of fact it's a good thing you have gotten pregnant before which means it can happen again.
@maysimsimple,everything happens for a reason and God allowed it.God will bring to you someone that will give you greater joy and rest of mind.Minwile,try to run some basic test to cover your bases.
@Godanswerprayer,for the two times i have done hormonal assay,i paid once and sample was collected once also but i understand that some labs pay in bits as per #3k for each parameter.
@loisemm my sister.Just keep calm,don't get angry with her tell God that to answer you speedily.Its not easy,my MIL told me same too,i was angry with her too(in my mind)but,after i calmed down i just told myself that it's a societal thing.God will see us all through soon.
@Ayauche,i wee be waiting for my cake.
I see you all..
#confessionbringsconception#
#2017yearofcompleterestoration#

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ayauche(f): 7:36am On Dec 22, 2016
A very goodmorning to u family, compliments of the season.

Pweetymii i will make sure i waybill ur cake. Thanx Sis.
Loisemm i can imagine how u felt at that moment MIL was talking but be rest assured that its gonna happen sooner than u expect. It is well.

Cathyibok: its been a while dear Sis, i also found out from my old post that its ur Anniversary. Happy Wedding Anniversary and may God grant all ur heart desires.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2016
mummy loisemm no vex 4 ur mother-inlaw , its a testament that God is already set 4 u...just as job prayed for his friends that taunted and mocked him and got his testimony, also pray for people that don't understand...everybody una good morning, I dey my fertile period, yesterday my panties was soaked, weda na leftover sperm o, I no know. den according to period calculator I ovulated yesterday, but I no feel like I ovulate o, anyways knacking continues!!!

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 22, 2016
My people, una thank you o. I am not so angry with her. She is a good woman ...

Luv u guys. Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ogunbekun: 10:01am On Dec 22, 2016
Have you been using any medication for your tubes and the fibroid? You might want to do an HSG to be sure of the tubes. It is well

Godanswerprayer:
house pls.d money paid for CD 3 hormone profile test. is it different from d one u ll pay for CD 21 for progesterone or u ll b asked to come on day 21 to complete d test. I was told today dat my blood sample dey collected today CD 3 can also b used to get result for progesterone because my menses is not regular and dat some of dis lab ask people to come on CD 21 because dey want more money. I don't understand dis people again o.pls i need an answer from sabi mamas and papas.thank u all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2016
I want thank all the ever present mummies for all the prayers, wishes and declarations. I have swallowed all and am strong with faith and hope into 2017 as I spray all the baby dust to all of us. I won't fail to thank belleful mummies of faith like @ Pweetymii, fruitfulray ,Loisemm, duperola, enoqueen, Adiahaakwaibom, Lavivaavril, curvilicious,Favouredestiny,Mirob , Ayauche, my wonderful MamaTB , Fertilewomb,4realwoman Adejuve and all the beautifully created wombs in the house who have revived my faith in this journey. May the Lord remember you in your time of distress and answer you. No retreat! No surrender! until a BFP COMES!

11 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2016
@ priscaver, thanks dearie. God will definitely remember us all.
@ loisemm don't take mil talk to heart , see it from a positive perspective of her being genuinely concerned and caring. This week, my sister & mum mentioned TTC issue again, am sure they are reflecting on the events of the yr and so are saying within themselves 'so this yr has ended and no pregnancy', they feel our pain as well and are also helpless too. Nobody knows whatelse to do. But I believe strongly yr 2017 will not pass us by.
Pls try and do a comprehensive test or do the most important one which is HSG. Gather strength and courage and do it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 22, 2016
@Loisemm dear TTC I agree with mamaTB ttc can make us misinterpret kind intents. I remember one time when I hated anyone that called to ask me that. My mother INLAW (dead now) became my enemy cos she was always calling it was close to her time to pass on that I realised she was just showing concern. I left one church cos the pastor and members kept bothering me. but in d new church I faced same. I rejected a book titled"the pains and gains of Barrenness" from a concerned sister. May the lord give us grace not to make enemies until this CUP passes over us IJN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2016
Let her not disturb you, God has already picked your call... it's about time

Loisemm:

'Consider your age'

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
maysimsimple:

Halleluyah, are u a celestial also?

Yes o but that was before marriage ooo, my darling oga @ the top don drag me to mfm o but almost all my family members are still in celestial
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by maysimsimple(m): 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
God is everywhere.. All our prayers will be answered..

quote author=Pweetiebabe post=52158817]Yes o but that was before marriage ooo, my darling oga @ the top don drag me to mfm o but almost all my family members are still in celestial [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by pweetymii: 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
walks in and sees @priscaver post,aww...somebody pls,give me a white handkerchief i am shedding tears of gladness..on behalf of the belleful maamas i am thanking you for thanking us.Faith makes all things possible.We will surely testify soonest.
@loisemm,everybody thinks we are not serious!u know the way people look at single ladies and wonder why they are not married,that is how they look at us.MIL used to give me that look cause no matter what she said at a time,i will still be my cheerful self until i reacted one day(story for another day).So,my dear chillax nothing do una.
@mummykyrti mummykyrti you is now the kpekus mistress...enjoy,you might have ovulated without knowing.
@cherrymum1 aka Iya Lamide of life,oma ti to ojometa,eku odun oh.....

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
You that you are pregnant already@loisemm, mama is just helping you to call God's attention, fingers crossed for ur testimony
Last weekend at d wedding, come see questions upon questions, dh had to lie that we are taking it cool and just abt to start trying for our babies, it is well
@pweetymii, thank you ma, we are all porting soon in Jesus name #2017mums

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
Loisemm:
Thanks for ur encouragement and kind words everyone. God is in control. I know she means no harm. Hubby said she's only reminding us to do more towards actualizing it. Make I dey watch. I know myself.

cc Ogunbekun , mamakendra , lavivaavril and Adiahaakwaibom1 , Dazzle86
My sister it is well with you! Praise God while claiming your miracle

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ifylicious: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
Loisemm:
My people, una thank you o. I am not so angry with her. She is a good woman but what I feel is embarrassment at her continual reference to my age and this feeling that she is subtly threatening the future of my marriage.

Some of my mates and aunties are yet to get married. I married on time to the glory of God and I am still young and fertile by His grace.

When she keeps saying men can reproduce at anytime but women are limited, I undastand but I feel she is also implying another woman will come and take my enemy's place since men are so 'fertile'. Smh. Abeg, I no want to dey hear all that kind talk. Its kind of insulting. We are yet to go for any comprehensive test so we dont even know where the issue is from. I have only done pelvic scan and all came out clear except tiny cyst that doc said may likely be functional cyst that comes with period.
If na her Son get issue nko? (God forbid), Wetin she go talk? No be to go silent and be encouraging me to try.
My mother calls too but doesn't make me feel tensed, afraid or insulted that I dey old. Old for which age?

I no vex cos I know she feels we are not serious on TTC matter but na we know ourself. Her son has urged me to not think about it and not allow myself to be pressured. Yesternyt, I wept when we made love. Imagine. Hubby talked and counselled me. Luv u guys. Take care.

You will smile soon and you won't believe that that's how God works. In my previous marriage, ex husband always threatened me with if he has given another woman the chance by now he would have been a father. I became scared dt any moment he may kick me out. I started running from pillar to post. Spent all my personal money on treatment . Even the ones described here. My family also supported with their own money. Nothing I did pleased him. My words were used against me. December 2015 the marriage came to an end. I moved on. After his mum started pressuring my father and uncles to return bride price since her son is no more interested in the marriage and we returned it in may. Already my neighbour has already told me February 2016 he brought in the babe dt made him divorce me and they are living together up till now. I started dating someone else. I didn't have sex until September of 2016. November/ December i couldn't find my period. Was still going about with work duties. I started falling sick. I said make i jejely do test and it was a BIG FAT POSITIVE. Mean while he has told pple i am barren after the marriage packed up jyst because i told him i had fibriods and wanted to operate on it. but he has been living with a babe since, no show yet. Relax in no time God will do it in ur marriage.

Did I also mention. His mother to will come to the house and be saying her own. I will be crying wen he says somethings. Every month I see my period back then, na so so cry cry that I won't be myself throughout dt day. Depression overtook me. Even with the four fibriods I have, I still conceived.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fertilewomb: 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
@Ifylicious I feel like giving you a very big hug . A big Congratulations to you. God has vindicated you. He has proven without doubt that you are not barren.

Chai ! Devil ntorrrr!. Pls guide your pregnancy jealously don't let your estranged husband know yet. Kai I'm just imagine the look of shame in his face when he hears that you have put to bed.

Thank you God for this testimony

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ifylicious: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
fertilewomb:
@Ifylicious I feel like giving you a very big hug . A big Congratulations to you. God has vindicated you. He has proven without doubt that you are not barren.

Chai ! Devil ntorrrr!. Pls guide your pregnancy jealously don't let your estranged husband know yet. Kai I'm just imagine the look of shame in his face when he hears that you have put to bed.

Thank you God for this testimony

Tnk u deariee. If u can remember cionon. I used to be active on this thread. Followed all the midnight prayers and the list prayer. I know you too well. Off course I will keep it away from him. Till I give birth. Will even tag all his friends so that he can see it. As he unfriended me on Facebook. God will do it for everybody on his waiting list. I av accepted ur pm

10 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mirob(f): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ifylicious:

Tnk u deariee. If u can remember cionon. I used to be active on this thread. Followed all the midnight prayers and the list prayer. I know you too well. Off course I will keep it away from him. Till I give birth. Will even tag all his friends so that he can see it. As he unfriended me on Facebook. God will do it for everybody on his waiting list. I av accepted ur pm

Thank God for this great testimony, you shall carry to term in Jesus Name. Shame to the devil.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ONESS: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
If God could answer my prayers for conceptopn after 7mnth of marriage he will sure do same for u. My husband is a happy man. Just pray watch wait for ur time. It is well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fertilewomb: 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ifylicious:

Of course I remember you Cionon, It can only be God.You will carry to term, birth a healthy baby to the glory of God and shame of the devil.

Congrats once again
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
[quote author=pweetymii post=52159l..[/quote] yes o my madam, oga self no dey gree and funny enuf nowadiaz I no dey dry like bfre...might b d eating of watermelon
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
ifylicious it's possible the fault was with ur ex, his sperm might have been agile but not agile enough for ur body, funny enough I know when everything was apunin u where asking God why, not knowing God was helping you so ul become a mother.
PS: na ur bf preggy u abi sorry 4 my tatafo...tag all his family even his ancestors..but in all please b prayerful

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
Seriously, you ladies are the best. See as my heart is cool and relaxed now. I really appreciate. So much love n care.
We will go for comprehensive tests early next year. Its Dh that has been postponing it since cos of little little projects. MIL knows that's why she tells me to pressure her son o and keeps pushing us.

Wow... Cionion /Ifylicious , special thanks for that inspiring story. I know you have lifted our spirits and hope here. I remember a bit of how that marriage gave you issues.
Hmm... I can only imagine the shock and shame on the faces of ur former husband and in-laws when they hear about ur baby.
God works in mysterious ways. Carry urself like egg this season abeg. And hold on to God well. God will give you supernatural pregnancy and delivery.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
double post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
mummykyrti:
ifylicious it's possible the fault ...

PS: na ur bf preggy u abi sorry 4 my tatafo...tag all his family even his ancestors..but in all please b prayerful
grin grin lolzz at tag even his ancestors.
Na her fiance wey don plan to marry her next year. She shared it on pregnancy thread.

Seriously, women in Nigeria are not having it easy. If its the man with the issue, people will expect the wife to stay n help out till the end. At most they go and adopt.
But if its the woman, nobody go hear word again. She is 'dispensable'. That's callous. Marriage is for life. Children or not.
That's why God chooses to shame them sometimes. Like in this case.
*dancing*

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.