Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:50 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5438887 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
mummykyrti:
do bitterleaf with the letrozole this cycle na

My dear I no gree do bitterleaf this cycle cos I thought I would do letrozole. I looked for it everywhere and didn't find it. Today is my CD5 when I'm supposed to start cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
SimiAA:
Dear mamas in the house. Happy new year. May this new year be the beginning of boundless joy and praise in our families. Please gel me look at this my hormonal results. I collected it today and d doctor was as impatient as anything to take time to explain the result. He only said I and dh shld come for additional tests everything amounting to 375k. I think I'd switch to a general hospital cos these hospital bills no be here oo. Wen only tests is goin to 450k. Please dear mummies advise me ur sister oo.

Haa 450k ke??!! And the doc couldn't be patient enough to explain the result? Na wa o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Gr8fulHeart(f): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
SimiAA:
Dear mamas in the house. Happy new year. May this new year be the beginning of boundless joy and praise in our families. Please gel me look at this my hormonal results. I collected it today and d doctor was as impatient as anything to take time to explain the result. He only said I and dh shld come for additional tests everything amounting to 375k. I think I'd switch to a general hospital cos these hospital bills no be here oo. Wen only tests is goin to 450k. Please dear mummies advise me ur sister oo.
odiegwu!!! 450k for test. does dt incude treatment? besides if he alrdy is impatient and cant take his tym to explain tins wit u now is it after u pay 450 he go giv u face. pls go to a teaching hospital and meeet up with a consultant obgyn. for ur result im sure oda mamas can look into it and ofer sugestions. all d best dear
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SimiAA: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
lavivaavril:

Haa 450k ke??!! And the doc couldn't be patient enough to explain the result? Na wa o

My sister im tired oo. I first paid 41600 then today he said I shld go for another set of tests with dh dat one is 375k I just told him I wld come back on Monday. I collected a copy of the ones i did tho so I can show my other gynae.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SimiAA: 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
Gr8fulHeart:

odiegwu!!! 450k for test. does dt incude treatment? besides if he alrdy is impatient and cant take his tym to explain tins wit u now is it after u pay 450 he go giv u face. pls go to a teaching hospital and meeet up with a consultant obgyn. for ur result im sure oda mamas can look into it and ofer sugestions. all d best dear

Thanks so much ma. I've collected the results of my other tests. I wanted to second opinion dats y I registered at this new hospital. Mayb i wld just stick to dis my former gynae.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2017
lavivaavril:

My dear I no gree do bitterleaf this cycle cos I thought I would do letrozole. I looked for it everywhere and didn't find it. Today is my CD5 when I'm supposed to start cry
if u can't see letrozole ask for femera, heard its same thing
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
They have at that pharmacy at grand square vi, but for 38k, I just respect myself. You can ask for tamoxifilin, something like that, don't think I got the spelling correct, but it does the same thing.

lavivaavril:
Can't find letrozole to buy anywhere. I've checked VI and mainland, nothing. Even big pharmacies don't have it in stock and I'm supposed to start today being CD5.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pacypatty(f): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=SimiAA post=52616182]Dear mamas in the house. Happy new year. May this new year be the beginning of boundless joy and praise in our families. Please gel me look at this my hormonal results. I collected it today and d doctor was as impatient as anything to take time to explain the result. He only said I and dh shld come for additional tests everything amounting to 375k.

375k my sister comot shoe run for your life ...the doctor wan expand his hospital be that#mytwocent#

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
Some doctors are just wicked, and have noticed that those that charge you stupidly are the ones that are not patient. My prayer is that our babies manifest fast fast oh. This is our year, no more delay in Jesus name

SimiAA:

My sister im tired oo. I first paid 41600 then today he said I shld go for another set of tests with dh dat one is 375k I just told him I wld come back on Monday. I collected a copy of the ones i did tho so I can show my other gynae.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
@ lavivaavril like FruitfulRay suggested try Tamoxifen. It has same purpose, it's way cheaper and accessible. May all our effort yield result. Amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by pweetymii: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
SimiAA:
Dear mamas in the house. Happy new year. Please dear mummies advise me ur sister oo.
Na wa!even if one is not educated is it not necessary that the doctor should explain things in lay man terms for the person to understand?Anyway,its not their fault.My sister,please if you already have the forms for the other test,just use style and ask for their names and prices from labs.I think you should check out other gynaes because the cost of these test is much,these things are in stages not just the one that the amount will just jump to over #300k abi he want do iui for una you not hear wen he talk am?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Godanswerprayer(f): 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
ogunbekun:
I have heard some ladies complain that castor oil therapy/massages shortened their cycle. I personally haven't experienced anything like that.
On the other hand, my cycle increased from 24 days to 29 days, and that may be attributed to the vitex I am currently using.
What other medication are you on? Hiw often do you do the castor oil packs?
You can watch it for one more cycle so as to be sure it is not just a one-off/coincidental occurrence.

Also learnt that low progesterone might bring about bleeding. So it could be that too.

I started d Castor oil therapy on Monday nite tru Friday but skiped Thursday nite.taking bromocriptin for prolactin den estradiol-progesteron injection. pls how much did u buy d vitex.thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ayauche(f): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
SimiAA:

WHAT Are u sure its not 37,500 he meant. For just test, my sister move as fast as u can to a better gynae that u are more comfortable with. For the result mamas will come and help with it, am not gud at explaining results.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
mummykyrti:
good day house, imagine me wey no dey gree drink anytin bitter, I just go market go buy bitterleaf and took two glasses, tho na one I been wan tke but I miscalculated and washed too many leaves so dint want any to waste. I cut like 4 garlic gloves into half,put it inside the glass and drank it.
went to find m2tone at a pharmacy and d man was saying its a brand of "misoprostol" I just dodge the man say I dey find pikin him dey tell me abt abortion drug, told him no that m2tone is a herbal drug... anyways I leave evritin to God.
I remember they wrote not to mix the juice with the garlic. You can just put the garlic in spoon and add water to swallow but don't mix with bitter leaf juice. @finestPinacle confirm.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
SimiAA:
What are the tests he's scheduling you for that amount? Is Laproscopy included? But wait ooh, what tests did you pay 41600 for? The hormonal profile? I think he's trying to make money from you seeing how desperate you seem to get a baby. Pls port to govt hospital if you have the time.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
MummyJJ:
@ lavivaavril like FruitfulRay suggested try Tamoxifen. It has same purpose, it's way cheaper and accessible. May all our effort yield result. Amin

@MummyJJ @Fruitfulray @mummykyrti thanks a lot mummies, I appreciate you all

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ogunbekun: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2017
Vitex is also known as chasteberry. It is btw 4-5k, and can be bought on Jumia or Konga

Godanswerprayer:

I started d Castor oil therapy on Monday nite tru Friday but skiped Thursday nite.taking bromocriptin for prolactin den estradiol-progesteron injection. pls how much did u buy d vitex.thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Perculiar: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=sweetrie post=52610292][/quote]

@sweetrie, please i'm interested,will like to take the vitex and ovulation test strip. please help a sister. have aready sent you PM. you can send me you number so i will call u.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 10:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
miraclebaby:
I remember they wrote not to mix the juice with the garlic. You can just put the garlic in spoon and add water to swallow but don't mix with bitter leaf juice. @finestPinacle confirm.
oh thanks very much ma, would do as said...where orney, loisemm, curb oblivious, afagha, adiahaakwaibom1 and d rest??
@ simiAA that your doctor is a thief, ole, barawo, which kind of yeye test for that amount, u no kuku do ivf, tcheew, dem wan check where ur babies dey for heaven ni?

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adiahaakwaibom1(f): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Godanswerprayer:
good p.m my dear e-family.my period has always b irregular like 10 - 15 days late sometimes no period for 1or 2months.currently on treatment on low progesterone and high prolactin. with castor oil massage for 4 days now.woke up dis morning to find dat am bleeding . pls i need answer cos am a little worried or is it because of progesterone injection.thanks for ur replies.
I never bleed while/ even after a castor oil massage. When l first started; l used 2 have severe pains during d massage & I usually do sleep off when d pains become unbearable . Dy were cramp like in nature.. Like severe menstrual cramps ; however d "cramping pains" diminished greatly in subsequent months. Presently, I feel no cramp pains when I do my castor oil massage.
So I really can't tell d cause of this bleeding...it cud be d PG injection / even d castor oil( our bodies differ). So continue been observant...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sweetrie(f): 12:09am On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=Perculiar post=52622926] I sent you an email ma.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adiahaakwaibom1(f): 12:26am On Jan 08, 2017
SimiAA:
Dear mamas in the house.....
This ur Dr no try @ all; 4 such a comprehensive lab result , he would have explained some basics 4 u.

As 4 my "little understanding "; some impt parameters are absent..
1. On which CD was this test conducted
2. D female sex hormones' ( oestrogen & progestrone) hormonal assay result r absent.

Ur TSH(thyrotropin/ thyroid stimulating hormone conc. [1.04] is within d reference standard's range ie[0.27-4.20]. So ur [TSH] is ok
Ur FSH(follicle stimulating hormone/ follitropin) conc.[7.2] is within d reference standard ranges of follicular, Ovulating & Luteal phases & thankfully not in d reference range for postmenopausal.( which is good;meaning ur follicular stimulating phase is active)
Ur LH( luteal hormone / Lutropin) conc [12.2] is within d reference standard ranges of follicular, luteal & post menopausal but not in ovulating. ( ur conc. of 12.2 is below d 14.0 for ovulation)
Ur prolactin conc. Is within its reference range; so it's ok

My opinion ; ur FSH/LH ratio (7.2/12.2) is approximately 1:2 . Physiologically; FSH/LH ratio is approximately 1:1. A higher LH conc. signifies absence of ovulation most times.
But in order to more ascertain ; a comparative analysis of ur PG conc. is really needed.

Abeg.....is it this hormonal assay result ie 41600 shocked

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SimiAA: 4:31am On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=Adiahaakwaibom1 post=52625096]
This ur Dr no try @ all; 4 such a comprehensive lab result , he would have explained some basics 4 u.
Thank u so much ma. I've even sent the results also to my former gynae. I'd go in next week for my appointment
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SimiAA: 4:36am On Jan 08, 2017
Thank u dear mamas for ur replies. I've booked an appointment with my former gynae. Na long throat carry me go d hospital. It is well with us all in Jesus name. Happy Sunday☺️☺️
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 6:47am On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=mummykyrti post=52623711]oh thanks very much ma, would do as said...where orney, loisemm, curb oblivious, afagha, adiahaakwaibom1 and d rest??

I dey here o, just dey drag baba God cloth steady.
Yesterday I saw a baby boy at work, so cute with plenty curly hair and beautiful eyes! He smelt nice too. And very friendly. I carried him and seized opportunity to drag baba God cloth again.
#2017mother

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 08, 2017
mummykyrti:
oh thanks very much ma, would do as said...where or-ney, loisemm, curb oblivious, afag-ha, adiaha-akwaibom1 and d rest??
@ sim-iAA that your doctor is a thief, ole, barawo, which kind of yeye test for that amount, u no kuku do ivf, tcheew, dem wan check where ur babies dey for heaven ni?
Mama, I dey loyal o but on low key mode. To talk don tire me. Na positive result I dey wait o jare. Thanks dear.

SimiAA , Lolzz. E be like say that hospital dey banana island. Or the doctor assessed you guys as 'money too much'. Pele dear. Run run run...

Happy Sunday/weekend to everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sweetrie(f): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2017
Good morning Mamas, pls any mama in Suleja or Abuja but can get to Suleja, should please send me a PM. Happy Sunday and baby dust...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SimiAA: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
Loisemm:

Mama, I dey loyal o but on low key mode. To talk don tire me. Na positive result I dey wait o jare. Thanks dear.

SimiAA , Lolzz. E be like say that hospital dey banana island. Or the doctor assessed you guys as 'money too much'. Pele dear. Run run run...

Happy Sunday/weekend to everyone.

Lol me sef don carry my 2 left legs run comot. Please dear mamas recommend a very good gynae arnd lekki Vi axis I'm tired of all these Instagram doctors.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
lavivaavril:
Can't find letrozole to buy anywhere. I've checked VI and mainland, nothing. Even big pharmacies don't have it in stock and I'm supposed to start today being CD5.
Tell them you want to buy femara. When they get it, tell them you want the cheaper brand (Norvatis or something) as Letrozole is the name of the active compound in the drug.
Hope this helps
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Godanswerprayer(f): 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
Adiahaakwaibom1:

I never bleed while/ even after a castor oil massage. When l first started; l used 2 have severe pains during d massage & I usually do sleep off when d pains become unbearable . Dy were cramp like in nature.. Like severe menstrual cramps ; however d "cramping pains" diminished greatly in subsequent months. Presently, I feel no cramp pains when I do my castor oil massage.
So I really can't tell d cause of this bleeding...it cud be d PG injection / even d castor oil( our bodies differ). So continue been observant...
OK.thank u.with d little research I ave made I think is d P.G injection. which I won't take again instead will go for either fertilaid or vitex or any orda my gyne will give to me to reduce prolactin and increase P.G.cos am want to go and see one now.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Perculiar: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=sweetrie post=52624924][/quote]

@sweetrie please send forgotten the password of the other one. let me know when you are done so i can delete it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chigirl45: 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
lavivaavril:
If you reside around ikeja, I would suggest you check Alpha pharmacy,Toyin street off Allen avenue ikeja. That's where I get all my medications,they have almost every drug you need,and at very affordable rates.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.