Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,619 members, 7,827,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5415709 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumkdan: 11:04am On Feb 09, 2017
good morning all. Am new here, have been following the thread for few months now. Thank you guys for the great work you are doing. The forum has encouraged me a lot. I have been TTC for 7 months now after 2 miscarriages and still bfn. please I need advice. And just did hvs and urine test and found out I have yeast and uti infection. please, I need advice. Can uti affect conception?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 11:07am On Feb 09, 2017
Kirusky4life:
Good morning beautiful ladies. may God answer our prayers soonest in JESUS name. amen.
please I do experience sperm leakage after sex with dh, though he has some fertility issues we are treating, from the SFA done, they said 100% sperm dead, no motility, no activeness. I usually thought maybe that is the cause of the sperm leaks. but I recently heard that retroverted womb can cause that too
now am thinking of going for TVS but I don't know if the scan will show that.
please mamas I want to know what TVS scan looks out for exactly.
I will really appreciate your kind suggestions
TVs looks out for everything, from d state of the ovaries, to the state of the uterus, size and shape, including d endometruim which is crucial 4 implantation.. then it checks 4 fluid in d pouch of Douglas and other stuffs like fibroids and all....

as for Hubby's SFA hmm even if he has 30million sperm they aren't going anywhere bcs no motility or morphology, you should both test 4 infection via hvs , den hubby should start taking supplements. as he is doing that you on the other hand do Tvs, hsg and hormonal profile plus hvs to ascertain your body is okay 4 conception...also get a gynea. may God bless your efforts with bfps
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 11:21am On Feb 09, 2017
mumkdan:
good morning all. Am new here, have been following the thread for few months now. Thank you guys for the great work you are doing. The forum has encouraged me a lot. I have been TTC for 7 months now after 2 miscarriages and still bfn. please I need advice. And just did hvs and urine test and found out I have yeast and uti infection. please, I need advice. Can uti affect conception?
according to uncle Google, it can and cannot affect conception. to be on a safer side, pls ask them for the best antibiotics to treat the uti and yeast. also was any test carried out to find out d cause of d 2 miscarriages??

if you haven't pls try and conduct and hormonal profile and also TVs....may your stay be short.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 11:48am On Feb 09, 2017
I have been so busy, hence am just able to reply to something really shocking, I almost screamed when I saw it, @curvilicious are you saying he slapped you in your mothers presence? That's the most disrespectful thing I have read in a long time.

I believe in prayer and being patient and all that, but violence is not permitted at all. I feel most men who are violent display some level of bullying and I believe that the only way to deal with a bully is to stand up for your self, not encouraging being mouthy, but you need to stand up and let him know that it's not right.
From what I know about domestic violence is that most times it start subtly, The first time he slapped you in the presence of the boy, you did nothing, that's why he proceeded to slapping you in front of your mum, the next time he will give you a good beating if nothing is done now, then it will a normal thing, God for bid a bad thing.

My advise, is just as many mamas have said, leave for some time, go and pray and fast, ask the holy spirit to lead you on what to do next. He might still be behaving macho and proud, since your mother knows, i'll advise you take some members of your family, your brothers I will suggest, and let them speak up and warn him never to do such again and see how situation is.

Find something to do, ignore the boy as much as possible, but your husband must be made to understand that the boy must respect you, and my dear, be very prayerful, we don't know the boys mission here.

Don't give up like that, and please don't be rude to your hubby, but don't fear him, let him know from your action that he should never try that again, forgive him and just love them all. For me, pray that the boy leaves your home... Am just confused self, I hate such nonsense, my dear, i'll be praying for you.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ejimikeokwu: 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
[quote author=fpeter post=53526003]

I'm currently taking a combination of Serrapeptase, nattokinase, Dong Quai and Yi Mu Cao & Xi Xian Cao.
I was diagnosed with Hydrosalpinx too, I've been on the treatment for some months now but I'm yet to
have a repeat HSG to ascertain the current status, although Ive been booked for later this month. Some
of the online reviews Ive read from women who took those meds have been encouraging, they said it dried up
after consistently drinking the herbs and capsules. [/quote

thanks very much please how do I get in contact with you, I need to talk ask you some thing, please please
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Elixir123: 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
mumkdan:
Welcome and may your stay here be short.
Yes UTI can affect conception. Pls take your result to a Gynea who will place you on antibiotics.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chrissyjay: 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
mama curvilicious, how is you & where is you(in jenifa's voice)...i beg show face and shame the devil joor...if not i go bring my koboko o grin

We go all carry our babies by fire & by force in Jesus name.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mama curvilicious ooooo.... please where are you?.....please we need to know that you are okay.

Hello Mamas in the house.....hope we are all doing well.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mummykyrti , I asked the lab attendant today if I needed to still do day 3 hormonal profile. She said no that this day 21 own covers everything. In my opinion, its better since it includes progesterone test too. But if plenty money dey, you can do day 3 and 21 sha. I read somewhere where Miraclebaby said its better to do day 21 assay if you can't do both.

Thank God o my sisters, my tubes are patent and free. The sonographer wrote intramural and submucous fibroids and recommended pelvic scan for further examination. I no believe am. Na cyst him see come talk say na fibroid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 09, 2017
And come o... you don dey sabi like sabi mamas o wink @ Mummykyrti. Take hi five. Keep it up.

Curvilicious oya come answer everybody wey dey find you. It is well. You know ur hubby more than anyone here. Use ur tongue to count ur teeth, O girl. In the meantime, take good care of yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adiahaakwaibom1(f): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2017
justt2006:

Adiahaakwaibom1, any update from your Dr friend?
He has not been picking/ answering his chats, am even becoming worried cos he's currently @ Army Hosppital, Yobe. I will still ask around..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3618647/nairalander-welcomes-baby-boy-after
After 8 years. God will do our own o. And e no go reach 8years. No fear. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
Loisemm:
And come o... you don dey sabi like sabi mamas o wink @ Mummykyrti. Take hi five. Keep it up.
hehehe wetin I go do naw, I've been here like 4mnths, u gats learn one or two things.
as for the fibroid guess its cyst its calling fibroid bcs uve already done tvs....I'll just do the day 21 own b that... am happy about your patent tubes....pouring plenty baby dust on us o...hopefully before next month we go don arrive!!

ehen mama loisemm me that my period starts on a particular day but dsnt flow well den starts d next day and flows well, izit the first day or second day that is d first day of my cycle? so I can start counting day 21 mke I prepare myself.... also izit possible to do tvs, hsg and HP on same day?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
Thehomemaker:
Mama curvilicious ooooo.... please where are you?.....please we need to know that you are okay.

Hello Mamas in the house.....hope we are all doing well.

I spoke to her yesterday, she's doing well. I'm sure she will come online soon.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adiahaakwaibom1(f): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
@Mummykyrti
Sorry darling; l dey, just a bit busy this days.
4 ur kweshion; if l were u, l will start counting from d day AF was flowing well

@ Loisemm
Hormonal assays r conducted both on CD3& CD21, but in d situation of " excess cash", CD21 will be preferable. CD21 concentration of progesterone will enable u to know if u ovulated or not that cycle cos usually by day 21 of a woman's cycle(28 day cycle ); d conc. of PG in d blood will be very high but if it's an
Annovulatory cycle, d conc will be very low.
CD3 tests is done mostly 4 a more detailed comparative analysis
Like l said earlier; l have not heard/ read Abt uterine cysts; so l think d sonographer is right. But any one it is; be it cysts/ fibrosis(if it isn't complex), a healthy life style with ferverent prayers can eradicate it.
Loisemm:
Mummykyrti , I asked the lab attendant today if I needed to still do day 3 hormonal profile. She said no that this day 21 own covers everything. In my opinion, its better since it includes progesterone test too. But if plenty money dey, you can do day 3 and 21 sha. I read somewhere where Miraclebaby said its better to do day 21 assay if you can't do both.

Thank God o my sisters, my tubes are patent and free. The sonographer wrote intramural and submucous fibroids and recommended pelvic scan for further examination. I no believe am. Na cyst him see come talk say na fibroid.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2017
Okay Ma.....thanks a lot.

fpeter:

I spoke to her yesterday, she'd doing well. I'm sure she will come online soon.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kirusky4life(f): 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2017
[quote
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kirusky4life(f): 1:29pm On Feb 09, 2017
[quote author=fpeter post=53553297]

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
Adiahaakwaibom1:
@ Loisemm
Hormonal assays r conducted both on CD3& CD21, but in d situation of " excess cash", CD21 will be preferable. CD21 concentration of progesterone will enable u to know if u ovulated or not that cycle cos usually by day 21 of a woman's cycle(28 day cycle ); d conc. of PG in d blood will be very high but if it's an
Annovulatory cycle, d conc will be very low.
CD3 tests is done mostly 4 a more detailed comparative analysis
Like l said earlier; l have not heard/ read Abt uterine cysts; so l think d sonographer is right. But any one it is; be it cysts/ fibrosis(if it isn't complex), a healthy life style with ferverent prayers can eradicate it.

Cc Mummykyrti for more info on day 21 test. My sister for me if its spotting, I dont count it as day 1. But if its a light flow, I start counting.

Eyen Eka mi sweet @adiaakwaibom. Ur professorship no be here o. wink
Thanks dear. Ufok nwed abadie?
The cysts are not inside the uterus o if that's what can be reffered to as uterine cysts. They are outside.

Some lines from my pelvic scan says
' anteverted, non-gravid and empty uterus with regular uterine outline border.
No fibroid nodules identified. Both myometrium andendometrium are preserved and normal. The RT. adnexium is free unilaterally.
However, noted at the LT.adnexium is a moderately defined hypoechoic oval-shaped cystic density mass with mutiple septa division noted within measuring about 77×64mm in size. Feature is in line with left-sided cystic ovarian mass. Although there is sizeable fluid accumulation noted in the pouch of Douglas. Feature is consistent with PID. '

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2017
Kirusky4life:

That was wonderful. tanks alot. am so grateful
lol no need to thank me ma, me too I learnt from others.

@ prof adiahaakwaibom1 idi toomuch!!! baby la book!!! chop knuckle jare
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
@ mama loisemm okay, I think that first day didn't flow atol, not up to quarter of a pad, so I started counting from the next day... sorry 4 tmi....una too much for this group o, if not for this group who I for dey ask questions or learn from?? naturally am interested in anything reproduction shaa

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
ejimikeokwu

Check your email.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 2:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
I need to try that baking soda finger/drinking this cycle, I've always felt like my cm is hostile even to my jajaina self (lol). operation baby making is a go!!!

is there any specific day of taking the bs solution?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
cc afagha Supports fertility
Lemon grass is effective both for women and men within their childbearing years even though its supply of folate. This particular B vitamin (Vitamin B9) helps with spermatogenesis in males as well as implantation and placentation in females.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
mummykyrti:
I need to try that baking soda finger/drinking this cycle, I've always felt like my cm is hostile even to my jajaina self (lol). operation baby making is a go!!!

is there any specific day of taking the bs solution?
loool @ operation baby making is a go. e be like say you dey watch penguins of Madagascar.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
mummykyrti:
cc afagha Supports fertility
Lemon grass is effective both for women and men within their childbearing years even though its supply of folate. This particular B vitamin (Vitamin B9) helps with spermatogenesis in males as well as implantation and placentation in females.
ah! oya let's start the movement o!
operation baby making is a go!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2017
afagha:

loool @ operation baby making is a go. e be like say you dey watch penguins of Madagascar.
I dey watch am over, cartoon channel na my favourite channel, my children no go get wahala cos all of us go dey watch together.

na so i go visit my friend she put barney and friends for her kids, me self tanda dey watch, folo dey sing their songs... I con b like celeb for those kids eye.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2017
mummykyrti:
I dey watch am over, cartoon channel na my favourite channel, my children no go get wahala cos all of us go dey watch together.

na so i go visit my friend she put barney and friends for her kids, me self tanda dey watch, folo dey sing their songs... I con b like celeb for those kids eye.
looooooooool it's needed jare. ttc no go kee person morale abeg.
I dey find website to see penguins of Madagascar download. I love to watch king Julian; crazy lemur king. looooooooool looooooooool
dh n I watch it together.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bibeetee: 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2017
@all, let's make no mistake day 21 progesterone test only works for ppl with an average 28 days cycle, ppl with longer will calculate abt 7 days from their ovulation or use their discretion

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
afagha:

looooooooool it's needed jare. ttc no go kee person morale abeg.
I dey find website to see penguins of Madagascar download. I love to watch king Julian; crazy lemur king. looooooooool looooooooool
dh n I watch it together.
enzoy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Zino89: 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hmm I went to the hospital today Dr recommend me to their lab for surulere make I do Tvs and menstrual disorder abeg Sabi mamas tvs n menstrual disorder na the same thing? I don't want to those lab pple to use my head oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.