Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5406256 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by limar: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2010
Fellow TTC members. AF was suppose to show its ugly head (hate seeing it though) on the 6th of Oct but it never came. Before now, it does come with severe abdominal pain a day before. On the 7th I had a feel of it (slight stain) and some pains which had seized. Is it a dream come true or another disappointment (I hope not!)

Somebody tell me something please.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2010
Ejadamen:

@ Itiade, I totally understand about the discharge,I was rushing to the loo as well. Ahem! Another question. Were you placed on pelvic rest embarassed,as in, no baby dancing throughout the pregnancy? embarassed Did you get up to 40 weeks or did you deliver before that? Sorry about the plenty questions.

My dear, baby kini
I didnt wait for anybody to tell me not to oh. i abstained from it the very minute i knew i was preggie. I didnt make it to 40 weeks, i had twins u know? all the same they were not prems. Knowing that i might not make it to 40 wks, i eat like a glutton from abt 27 weeks. was feeding them every 3hrs. so when they came around they were even bigger than normal babies. More questions pls. lol
I still admit that HIS grace kept us.

We are nothing without HIM.

Cheers darl, eat well and get enoff rest.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 11:51am On Oct 08, 2010
itiade:

My dear, baby kini
I didnt wait for anybody to tell me not to oh. i abstained from it the very minute i knew i was preggie. I didnt make it to 40 weeks, i had twins u know? all the same they were not prems. Knowing that i might not make it to 40 wks, i eat like a glutton from abt 27 weeks. was feeding them every 3hrs. so when they came around they were even bigger than normal babies. More questions pls. lol
I still admit that HIS grace kept us.

We are nothing without HIM.

Cheers darl, eat well and get enoff rest.
grin grin Same here. I know you had twins and I doff my hat for you. I'm trying to plan ahead so I don't get caught unawares. I was told the cerclage will be removed at 36 weeks but I think my bag should be ready before then. I'm also worried about when to shop for baby things since I'm being told to stay off my feet as much as possible. I shall take that hint about eating well,already doing that one sef. I know that it's God who watches over us. By His grace all is well. Can't think of any more questions now so I'll wait till I have more. thank you so much.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
@ Ejedamen you still dey think of baby dancing for this one wey you dey i think lmao cheesy i have closed shop sorry no vacancy come back next year!I know na here i go hear General Burahi and Abiop now!

@ Limar just try and relax a little bit and wait till the weekend then take a test do you feel any diffrent?

@ Abiop i read all you wrote and i can't say much some times we women have heavy periods and i have had some with blood clots like that before and i was not pregnant as someone said if you can seek a second opinion.
My peace i hope you are doing ok where ever you are . venuss, bettle stages hope you all are doing good.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2010
Arlington:

@ Ejedamen you still dey think of baby dancing for this one wey you dey i think lmao cheesy i have closed shop sorry no vacancy come back next year!I know na here i go hear General Burahi and Abiop now!

grin grin grin I had to ask. I had heard before that bd could go on as before but with a cerclage I wanted to be sure. Besides e no easy lipsrsealed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by limar: 9:48am On Oct 11, 2010
Arlington:

@ Limar just try and relax a little bit and wait till the weekend then take a test do you feel any diffrent?

@ Abiop i read all you wrote and i can't say much some times we women have heavy periods and i have had some with blood clots like that before and i was not pregnant as someone said if you can seek a second opinion.
My peace i hope you are doing ok where ever you are . venuss, bettle stages hope you all are doing good.

@Arlington: The AF showed on the 30th day to my disappointment. It came so heavy as in clots with intense abdominal pain, How long am I going to be this way? People are counting months for me, 6 months into marriage, no positive sign so far,
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2010
limar:

@Arlington: The AF showed on the 30th day to my disappointment. It came so heavy as in clots with intense abdominal pain, How long am I going to be this way? People are counting months for me, 6 months into marriage, no positive sign so far,
This was not directed at me but I have to comment. Limar please try to relax. Getting tensed up will not do you any good. I'm even upset about how 3rd parties will be counting months for someone after wedding as if it's exam. If you need to see a doctor then do to set your mind at ease but please do NOT sink into any form of depression. I've been married for almost 3yrs and as far as my family and in-laws know,I'm yet to get pregnant(mainly cos I haven't told them). It's hard to see people carrying babies and hearing family and in-laws say insensitive things but try to give yourself peace of mind. It was when I decided to relax my mind,exercise etc that I got pregnant. So please cheer up and look to God who is the only one who gives children. Take care and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2010
Where did monday updates go

Pimples on my chest sad also growing a beard cry but otherwise I feel better and stronger.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2010
@ Limar, You have the best of advice from Ejadamen. You must relax and try not to put ursef under too much pressure. Though the side distractions are difficult to ignore especially for a lady, you just need to concentrate more on understanding your body. I hope you husby is playing the necessary psychological roles to help you overcame this. Dont ever assume you are alright or your DH is alright, seek for a professional doctor and I pray you come across a very helpful and truthful one.

Quote from: Arlington on October 08, 2010, 03:55 PM
@ Ejedamen you still dey think of baby dancing for this one wey you dey i think lmao Cheesy i have closed shop sorry no vacancy come back next year!I know na here i go hear General Burahi and Abiop now!

Don't worry Arlinghton, I reserve my comment to when a funny update from you will negate this. Just pray your DH is not reading this.lol
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:52am On Oct 12, 2010
@Abiop lia lia my hubby can never catch me, i am a self proclaimed internet Ninja lol.Leave oh i said shop has closed he should come back next year will read his application from march/April grin(na mouth i dey by the time dem go return ask for them dowry money my eye go neat)

EjadamenĀ  grin grin grin another beard again lmao don't worry, buy Bic razor i heard they are good. cheesy The pimples will go away just don't pop them. i have on my back and i cant see them just feel it.The Monday updates have been slow me inclusive by the time i wake up here it is already 1pm Nigerian time and i will say later later then forget. lipsrsealed

@ Limar i am sorry AF showed her ugly head, but please don't start stressing now oh it is too early i beg .
I am not using my self as a yard stick, but you are saying they are counting months for you, me someone used me as an example and said God forbid oh my case will not be like her own. how do you think i felt,i feltĀ  horrible.
As Ejadamen said i am far gone yet i have not told some people only few people know because i had my own friends say they where sure i would not have a child like they where my God.
i refused to cry because i knew i was not barren. even on this Nairaland i had an argument with one guy( because he said he was a medical doctor was giving some advice that made no sense) who has many id's his name then was Pout and said he was not the cause of my wahala oh that i was barren. so my dear trails and tribulations will always come just hold on to God and relax it will happen it does not mean there is anything wrong with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 12, 2010
I have a few questions:

What is the best position for a woman trying to coneive, to lie in after sex, to ensure best chance of sperm going into the womb?

On her back ?

on her front ?

of on her side?

how long does it take sperm to reach the egg?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by limar: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2010
Thank you all: Arlington, Abiop, Ejademen. My DH has ever been a supportive partner.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 9:50am On Oct 14, 2010
Arlington:

EjadamenĀ  grin grin grin another beard again lmao don't worry, buy Bic razor i heard they are good. cheesy The pimples will go away just don't pop them. i have on my back and i cant see them just feel it.The Monday updates have been slow me inclusive by the time i wake up here it is already 1pm Nigerian time and i will say later later then forget. lipsrsealed

Be laughing o! I'm pulling them out one by one,thank God it's not profuse. It's just strange seeing strands of hair on my chin shocked

Itiade!!!! Low back pain,did it afflict you cos I can't stand for 30mins shocked
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ACL(m): 9:13am On Oct 15, 2010
Hi everyone, hope u are are doing good ?

Today is Cd34 and 17dpo but no AF yet, dont know why?
i stopped using clomid last cycyle and decided to go natural this month cos the clomid increased the fibroib sizes.

could the delayed AF be a result of switchin from clomid to natural or is it BFP, am tying not to get my emotion on roller coaster.
am havin sgns of AF wit cramping once in a while but last night the cramping was like the one that comes with AF so i tot this mornin is AF but still waitin.

note, i had HSG done on CD9 ,mayb its a factor for the late AF.cos a cycle after clomid cycles should still be regular.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nikinash(f): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2010
Hi everyone. Been a while I posted here but I see many are doing well. for others I pray that God will turn your sorrows to rejoicing soon in Jesus' name. There will be pitter patter of little feet around you soon. I have a few copies of my book that I will like to give away to anyone interested. I wrote in while TTC, based on a few things I found out. I now have my own little ones and it might just help someone who is TTC. If you want pls send me a mail, you would have to organise the pick up though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2010
@ niki, are you the author or you bought the book.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2010
nikinash,
Why not share your experiences of trying to concieve with us and how you finally succeeded?

nikinash:

Hi everyone. Been a while I posted here but I see many are doing well. for others I pray that God will turn your sorrows to rejoicing soon in Jesus' name. There will be pitter patter of little feet around you soon. I have a few copies of my book that I will like to give away to anyone interested. I wrote in while TTC, based on a few things I found out. I now have my own little ones and it might just help someone who is TTC. If you want pls send me a mail, you would have to organise the pick up though.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2010
Good Morning My fellow TTC's
Hope this week brings us all blessings . My Monday update almost took my self to the hospital on Saturday because i thought i was going to have pre-term labour he kept on moving and moving for about 15 hours non stop. i was worried he was tangled in his cord or something else was wrong.
But due to my paranoia i have a fetal heart monitor at home so i could listen to his heart beat at home to see he was just fine just moving up and down for what ever reason.
Went for a scan he only showed me his nose and mouth used his hands to cover his face angry already wanting a spanking but i accepted it as long as he is doing well i thank my God.
my back is hurting and it is getting difficult for me to sleep and i am having pressure in my tummy and think i am going to pee my self sometimes but as always I am not complaning will not change it for anything.
So how was everyones weekend, hope great.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2010
@ Arly did you take something sweet before the movement started? Read somewhere that sweet things and caffeine make babies move in the womb. Weekend was great just very very tiring.

Monday update - I am okay. I feel good. Got some relief from the back pain,it just stopped. Sleeping is getting harder and I am constantly shocked at how my center gravity has shifted plus the growing heaviness. I'm healthy and happy.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Doctor7(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2010
Goodnews to all women seeking the fruit of the womb. Testimonies are abound in our Herbal Medical Centre with the successful treatment of several cases of infertility. First we diagnose the body and confirm the disorders or infection that might be causing the trouble. Then we prescribe herbal food and nutritious food for the patients, usually for both couple and within six months in most cases, women have ran back to us with testimonies of having conceived while some are now carrying their babies. We use a very natural approach to treat the disorders. contact now doctor@herbalmedicalcentre.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by WAVixen: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2010
where is everyone?? undecided
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by franny1980: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2010
Hello house,

Please i need an urgent answer to this, how can someone cure Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) other than taking antibiotices. Am tired of seeing doctors for this cry cry cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 11:56am On Oct 25, 2010
No idea franny

Monday update : I gave myself a shock today shocked I choked while brushing my teeth. I couldn't breathe for like a minute and actually climbed the bathtub in paranoia shocked shocked My baby didn't like that one bit. After a lil nap and some food I feel better. I'm battling nausea again angry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Liferace: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I have been following this thread for a while now. Congrats to those who got there BFPs, i pray you will all carry to term IJN.

I am TTC too, though not for long but you will all agree with me that even a day of TTC can be frustrating angry .

My main issue is i have irregular period so i dont even know if am ovulating or not!, like 40 days plus with severe breast tenderness and spotting inbetween period. Ok i have seeked doctors advice ,did scans and they said everything is ok up there. Am trying to monitor the Ovulation using Clear blue fertility monitor, got high readings with not peak which shows Ovulation (heard it can take up to 3 months to get good result as i just started using it in August). The last doctor i visited said i have low progesterone or hormonal inbalance so to speak.

Can anybody in the house please advice on how to balance Hormone??. BC is definitely a no go area for me, a doctor said it can help but i dont want to use so it wont mess up everything.

Today is CD 42 with no sign of AF cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by faithup(f): 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
my husband sent me this link and i read up what everyone has been saying. glad to know that after all the heartaches and worries of ttc some are well on thier way to becoming mothers. i,ve had 2 miscarriages and a still birth, all apparently not related if what my doctors are saying is true, been married nearly a year, been pregnant 3 times inabout 16months (been very busy, some might say) anyways my first miscariage was ta nearly 3months, had severe food poisoning, was admitted into the hospital at about 1am, next day lost the pregnancy, 2nd i was just 6wks gone, had bad cramps, went to the hospital and the horror story began, needless to say, 2 months later i concieved again and it stayed pass the 3months mark, 5months and i was still doing so well, guessi pushed my luck way too far, ( have a quite stressful job too) at 23wks, 5 days, i woke up with contactions ( bless my heart , didnt know they were contractions till they were about 10mins apart) anyways got to the hospital, was told i had to be on bed rest since i had dilated 2cm already and the contarcrtionwere controled for abot 24hrs, my water broke next day and i went into labour 24hrs later, had a baby boy, was told his chances of surviving was slim, since his lungs were still quite immature and not ready for breathing outside the womb yet, its been 6wks now and still hurts like crazy to think about it. guess i've joined the ttc club again hoping to sing a new song soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2010
faithup:

my husband sent me this link and i read up what everyone has been saying. glad to know that after all the heartaches and worries of ttc some are well on thier way to becoming mothers. i,ve had 2 miscarriages and a still birth, all apparently not related if what my doctors are saying is true, been married nearly a year, been pregnant 3 times inabout 16months (been very busy, some might say) anyways my first miscariage was ta nearly 3months, had severe food poisoning, was admitted into the hospital at about 1am, next day lost the pregnancy, 2nd i was just 6wks gone, had bad cramps, went to the hospital and the horror story began, needless to say, 2 months later i concieved again and it stayed pass the 3months mark, 5months and i was still doing so well, guessi pushed my luck way too far, ( have a quite stressful job too) at 23wks, 5 days, i woke up with contactions ( bless my heart , didnt know they were contractions till they were about 10mins apart) anyways got to the hospital, was told i had to be on bed rest since i had dilated 2cm already and the contarcrtionwere controled for abot 24hrs, my water broke next day and i went into labour 24hrs later, had a baby boy, was told his chances of surviving was slim, since his lungs were still quite immature and not ready for breathing outside the womb yet, its been 6wks now and still hurts like crazy to think about it. guess i've joined the ttc club again hoping to sing a new song soon.

I feel you dear. God is your strenght. I have been there and now i sing a new song every morning. God will take you there.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2010
Itiade what about my question? sad
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
Ejadamen:

Itiade what about my question? sad

Please remind me. Forgive my forgetfulness
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
Ejadamen:

Itiade!!!! Low back pain,did it afflict you cos I can't stand for 30mins shocked
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2010
Ejadamen:

It did affect me too. In my own case I couldnt even sit straight for more than 10mins.
It was so baddddddd
I used abt 8 pillows as shock absorbers when i was in bed.
One of my babies was close so closeeeeeeee to the cervix, so when i sit he kicked
At times I imagined him saying "why are you sitting on my head?" tongue

When i think of all i went thru, I ask myself do I really want to do this again.

In all I thank God for the opportunity.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
Lol! I was wondering and getting scared cos it's getting painful when I sit for long. 8 pillows shocked Right now I use 3 and I was thinking of getting more embarassed grin Itiade you tried. I thank God for your life and your babies.

@faithup,your story is sad but rest assured that you will smile and laugh sometime soon. Just trust in God,it will work out. At the beginning of this year I was so down and wondering if I would get pregnant yet here I am blessing God's name each day. You too will sing a new song.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fabikeade: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
Like is question I wanted to start this for women who are still waiting for a child, who have tried for a long time, I did a lot tests nothing, have suffered miscarriages or fake pregnancy after 30days I calculate 11days, I saw another period. I have internal Heat and ulcer too. How do u calculate ovulation?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.