Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5409838 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2010
@ Arlington,
Good luck and wish you u a safe and perfect delivery.

Yes oh! Iam interested in the idea of being a health buff, but I am failing in the implementation of that idea grin

Are you u going to a London hospital for th delivery.

Arlington:

Update i am almost there God guide me strength me be with me, i am just in serious pain my right hipbone seems to be dislocated and very sore i find it hard walking i think maybe the baby is resting on a nerve will go to the clinic this week.

@Gen B you dey follow BMI?? you must be a health buff cheesy i am sure mine at this moment will be 55!!!!
why not try day 13 to 16 you can never tell for sure.

@Ejadamen
how are u?
Iam sure you are monitoring , your swollen ankles/feet, could be a sign of high bp. which could be problematic in pregnancy.
Ejadamen:

Me too grin grin grin But sincerely I wish you a safe and short delivery and a healthy baby cheesy God bless.

b/c we trying for a boy, I am ging to start day 14 this month and try day 13 next month
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:13am On Dec 01, 2010
@GenB by fire by force for this boy matter ohhhhhhhhh grin
Thank you for the well wishes , to be a health buff is not easy oh considering the fact that 80 percent of what we eat are Carbs which is the number one killer to any diet.
I don't live in London I live in the USA so that is where I will be having the baby by the grace of God.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2010
@ GenB, my last hospital visit showed a normal BP,as at then my feet hadn't begun swelling. The swelling isn't too bad. Once I put my feet up,it goes down. Also I read that one should get worried if the hands and face suddenly swell up too and that hasn't happened. I have another hospital appointment next week so I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the concern.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2010
Hi Genbuhari & others,
I seem to be concerned with this particular problem even though doctors say it shouldn't be a thing of worry to me. We are always advised to babydanced every other days during the peak/ovulation period leaving at least a day for the body to be able to restored lost semen while some will tell you to BD everyday to increase your chance of conceiving. My problem is that I believe I dont produce much qty of semen and it gives a psychological concern. Each time I mention this, the Dr says I should be more concerned with the quality and not quantity. Though I so much believe in that assertion, I still dont feel ok when I assume I dont release much. So what could be done in terms of food/drug/fruit that can aid the production of semen so that even if I BD every other day, I can still expelled much.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2010
@ abiop I read recently that banana helps boost male fertility. You can google it up. I don't know exactly what aspect of male fertility it helps though.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2010
abiop:

Hi Genbuhari & others,
I seem to be concerned with this particular problem even though doctors say it shouldn't be a thing of worry to me. We are always advised to babydanced every other days during the peak/ovulation period leaving at least a day for the body to be able to restored lost semen while some will tell you to BD everyday to increase your chance of conceiving. My problem is that I believe I dont produce much qty of semen and it gives a psychological concern. Each time I mention this, the Dr says I should be more concerned with the quality and not quantity. Though I so much believe in that assertion, I still dont feel ok when I assume I dont release much. So what could be done in terms of food/drug/fruit that can aid the production of semen so that even if I BD every other day, I can still expelled much.

Hello Abiop,
The advice you got was the same my husband got about skipping one day to get better quality of semen. And it is not the quantity that matters remember it just one from all the millions grin, but i can understand your concern.
Once my husband had to do a semen analysis and by the time we took the sample to the clinic, i was boiling with anger because there was almost nothing in the specimen cup, but the count came back very high so since then i never said anything about quantity.
I know Zinc is good my husband took the tablets and it did improve his numbers and stopped drinking carbonated drinks so who knows what really works.
meanwhile i read that the longer a man engages in pre-intimacy before the baby dancing and is really stimulated the better the quality of semen and cough cough the pre-intimacy is for the wife grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fali: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2010
I have been reading this forum almost three months ago. To we the expectant ladies, God will do it.
I had secondary infertility and i have taken so many infertility drugs. Last month, i made a decision to stop medications and concentrate on what God can do. I know that All Shall be well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by onelove4me(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2010
honesty is the foundation of business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by WAVixen: 7:02am On Dec 06, 2010
Good morning people, the monday update from Arlington will be told by me today. She has carried this thread so well and I'm proud of her, it wasnt easy when she had 2 miscarraiges, she was so upset and blamed herself. I kept my distance on this thread and found out it was her way of healing after the loss of her babies, yesterday evening she gave birth to a handsome baby boy weighing 7 pounds 15 ounces. Everything has been so surreal. She'll keep you posted when she returns home soon. God indeed is a miracle worker.
p.s. I'm an aunty and Arlington's sister she talks about sometimes, she'll kill me for letting this cat out of the bag. I'm just sooooooooooooooooo excited.
wishing all of you the best of luck this season.

11 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2010
PRAISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE LORDDDD
DIS IS GOOD NEWS OOOO
CONGRATS TO MOTHER, CHILD AND FATHER
ARLINGTON U ARE NOW A PROUD MOTHER
LET HIS NAME BE PRAISED

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 10:42am On Dec 06, 2010
When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, We were like them that dream,

HIS deeds are wonderful in our sight and we give HIM all the glory

Congrats Arlington. trust you are going fine.

This is the best TTC news of the year. You professed it at the beginning of the year and the good LORD signed, sealed and delivered it.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by moi2(f): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2010
Congrats Arlington, God bless ur family and keep u.
Am happy for you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2010
I can't fit shout. Praise Jesus!!!! Congratulations Arlington. i am sure you won't let that baby out of your sight cheesy so kiss him for me. God bless you and your family. I am so happy for you.

Monday update - foot swelling went down due to the amount of water I consume. i'm a camel cheesy Now my gums hurt and I don't know what to do about that. It's like the gums shrunk and is getting wounds. I'll take some oranges to see if that helps. I feel so tired and sleepy and hungry these days. I thank God for his mercies.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2010
And Arlington,when you are able please put your story on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=194554.msg7237956#msg7237956
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2010
Praise the lord Halleluyah.
Arlington Congratulations!!!!!!!
Please kiss the baby for me. Infact maybe I book him in advance for my daughter lol
May God keep you and your family.
I am so over joyed at this news.
Whoa.

@ ejadamen I de wait for your joyful delivery.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ Sammy amen o! It's still a while off sha.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
This is the best news of the millennium. Arlington l am so happy for your miracle. May God continue to keep you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2010
cheesy AWWWWWWWW! Arlington I screamed when i saw your sister's post. I am so happy for you and glad that finally the manifestation is here.
Greetings to the Christmas baby.
I have been following this thread from the first post and glad that you that started the thread has been blessed.
I pray for safe carriage of Ejadamen's, Ada24 and other pregnant women's babies.
We shall indeed testify.
I am still rejoicing in hope, patiently awaiting the manifestation of the promises.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fali: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2010
Somebody shout Halleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Congratulations ~Arlington. Help me kiss the baby. I cant wait to give birth to a bouncing baby girl that will marry your boy, lol
God will grant all the pregnant sisters save delivery and open womb for the expectant mummy to be. Amen

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ada24: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2010
fali:

Somebody shout Halleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Congratulations ~Arlington. Help me kiss the baby. I cant wait to give birth to a bouncing baby girl that will marry your boy, lol
God will grant all the pregnant sisters save delivery and open womb for the expectant mummy to be. Amen

my friend get in line o - don't u know me and arlington have already made arrangements for her son to pay my soon to be here daughter's bride price next summer - LOL.

Arlington congrats o - how many weeks were u?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2010
Big Congrats to you Arlington, this is like great news, the Lord that started this in your family will perfect every area. and to Ejadamen and Ada24 we know your victory is already perfected you shall come out rejoicing too. And all expectant mothers God is still faithful.

For all those ttc, this is my little piece in trying to time ovulation I used myself as a case study to get the right timing using my cervicall fluid, BBT and OPK. I realised that sometimes we have already ovulated before OPK picks it in our urine, so just be very observant of your own body, everybody is unique and may not ovulate the regular 14days as we are usually told.

Start observing your discharge everyday after your period you will get a kind of whitish or cream discharge which is sometimes like lotion, it breaks in your hand when you try to touch it, this one is not fertile it makes room for the fertile which comes right after it is like the white part of an uncooked egg it is stretchy in nature ie when you touch it, it will stretch, that is the one that is fertile, from the day you see that one you can start baby dusting.

Although I think it is best to baby dust on the last day of your stretchy discharge, if you notice theres no more discharge ie the very next day after you notice the stretchy because it indicates the egg is in the fallopian tube. As you observe your discharge also observe your BBT it will be very low during the fertile period and it changes dramatically once you have ovulated and becomes high.You can also confirm using OPK, I hope I did not bore everyone with this lengthy piece.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fali: 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2010
[flash=200,200]http://my friend get in line o - don't u know me and arlington have already made arrangements for her son to pay my soon to be here daughter's bride price next summer - LOL.

Arlington congrats o - how many weeks were u?
[/flash]

Ada, I am too sure that my miracle baby girl is on the way which will be Arlington's son in law. So pls pray along with them.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 07, 2010
Congrats Arlington grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2010
Congrats ma, God bless your son and live to glorify God.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by honeyfave: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2010
praise the LORD, the miracle shall be extended to all ttc sisters, by this time next year i shall come back to testify to d glory of our Lord JESUS christ. i'm very excited. congrats arlington and i wish all expectants mummy safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2010
congrats arly,may God continue to bless ur family.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uteh: 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2010
Big congratulations Arlington,

Your testimony will continue to serve as big reminder that God fulfills every of his words. He fulfilled Psm 113:9 (my favourite) in your life and so will He do the same in the life of all who are looking up to him for their own testimony.

God has opened the door of having children, for when He opens no one can shut and when he shuts no can open.

CONGRATULATIONS, am so happy this has really strenthed my faith.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by WAVixen: 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2010
Day 2 grin, oversabi no go kill me. Mother and baby are doing fine, the baby isnt eating as much as the lactation nurses would want him to. He swallowed a lot of fluid when coming out, so has been spitting up so much. He's not taking anything at all, stooling and spitting up. He managed to eat a bit late last night and this morning.
Arliy is tired and has swollen feet, she'll be with you guys soon. On my way to the hospital. Will keep you posted with tid bits as much as I can, but will leave the major details for her to tell you her people. Its her place to do that.
The good Lord who sent us these kids will surely remember you all.
Mine is a different story altogether, maybe, just maybe one day I might be bold enough to share it.
later peeps
The amebo of the century.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Goom: 2:11am On Dec 09, 2010
Congrats to Arlington. God be praised. You have given everyone strength to believe that miracles do happen. Am so happy for you. Butterfly kisses to your bundle of joy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.