Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5424947 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2010
We dey. How is your bun in the oven? Still kicking viciously? cheesy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ada24: 11:31pm On Nov 17, 2010
I dey o - just over 1 month to go. This load is getting heavier by the day - but I thank God thou.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2010
Hello ladies and Gentlemen,
How are you doing? I do come here at least 2 times a day but i am not posting simply for the honest reason that it is a TTC board and i feel since i am pregnant i don't want to constantly rub it in the faces of peoples still waiting to get there own pregnancies.
I know it will inspire people but as human beings i think it gets to a stage where it hurts a little bit i know this from experience.I want to share much more than i am sharing presently but just don't want to upset anyone.
I wish someone would take it up that is TTCING and make this active as well with me just chipping in for now. I do not plan on leaving will answer all questions I can but try not to over do it , but if no one steps up to do it i will still be here trying to keep this topic alive.
The main people who have been here seem to have dropped off one by one either by choice or no time.
I plan on starting a new thread in January about after TTC like for mom's to help each other with there new babies health tips teething etc. so we don't keep on blasting the fact some of us have had babies already you guys tell me what you think.
I am saying all this because i personally am a very sensitive person so i am just trying to put my self in other peoples shoes.
Please tell me what you guys think.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ada24: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
I think your right, at times I have been felt a bit funny posting here.

But I do want those TTC to know it will happen to them, I have PCOS and fibroids and was told it would be hard to conceive and it happened so ladies remember God will answer your prayers in time.

Arlington - I would really appreciate it if you could start up that thread. Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2010
No kain Arlington, I share in your feelings and as Ada24 put it, it's sometimes a source of inspiration to us all and you can bet the family we've sort of created here has been very tight. but the funniest thing be say, na all of us wey dey here go be members of the new thread by next year by HIS Grace grin grin wink
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2010
Abiop man how far na? Yes oh who else do you think i am expecting to see in the new thread it's you guys na! God will work his wonders i am not afraid we just have to be patient and put total trust in him.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2010
Arlington:

Hello ladies and Gentlemen,
How are you doing? I do come here at least 2 times a day but i am not posting simply for the honest reason that it is a TTC board and i feel since i am pregnant i don't want to constantly rub it in the faces of peoples still waiting to get there own pregnancies.
I know it will inspire people but as human beings i think it gets to a stage where it hurts a little bit i know this from experience.I want to share much more than i am sharing presently but just don't want to upset anyone.
I wish someone would take it up that is TTCING and make this active as well with me just chipping in for now. I do not plan on leaving will answer all questions I can but try not to over do it , but if no one steps up to do it i will still be here trying to keep this topic alive.
The main people who have been here seem to have dropped off one by one either by choice or no time.
I plan on starting a new thread in January about after TTC like for mom's to help each other with there new babies health tips teething etc. so we don't keep on blasting the fact some of us have had babies already you guys tell me what you think.
I am saying all this because i personally am a very sensitive person so i am just trying to put my self in other peoples shoes.
Please tell me what you guys think.
You hit the nail on the head. This is the reason I am reluctant to post some times. I like the idea of the new thread,in fact I was about to suggest it. What about a thread for currently pregnant women? tongue

ada24:

I dey o - just over 1 month to go. This load is getting heavier by the day - but I thank God thou.
Don't worry the load will soon drop. I bless God for your life and pregnancy.

I forgot all about monday update. My feet are swelling angry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by jovi: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ada 24, how did u manage your pcos?, did u also have prolactin or progesterone issues?, difficulty loosing weight?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ada24: 11:23pm On Nov 18, 2010
jovi:

@ada 24, how did u manage your pcos?, did u also have prolactin or progesterone issues?, difficulty loosing weight?

man don't get me started o!!!! when I got to 16 weeks my doctor even congratulated me for passing the 12 weeks mark (u know cos us PCOS sufferers not only suffer from TTC but when you do there is a 25-50% chance of miscarrying)

the weight loss, gosh first off I can put on weight by just breathing air, it is so hard to loose weight but a low GI diet was the only thing that worked for me a few years back and helps to maintain the weight plus exercise u really do have to watch what you eat.

not everyones cup of tea but i went on the pill to control the facial hair issues and regulate my period and lighten the pain, mood swings and reduce the amt of blood (cos of the fibroids i used to bleed like a running tap).

i tried metformin but that only made me gain weight so i quickly stopped taking that. I did find that when I lost weight my period was much more regular and the hair did not grow so much on my face (it really annoys me when bush ignorant people in Nigeria refer to women with facial hair as witches - but that's another issue)

don't think i had any prolactin or progesterone issues as they would have told me - but my consultant was very shocked when he say me at 20 weeks as he remembers telling me I had infertility issues - i remember that day well last December and how I cried when I left the hospital.

Having PCOS does put u at a greater risk of developing gestational diabetes (which unfortunately I have) so that will be something to watch for.

Obviously everyones experience and situation is different but this is just my brief story and hope it helps.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Liferace: 10:55am On Nov 21, 2010
Greetings to everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now, i think like 8 months. I have tried to post one time but could not find my post so i get a little bit discouraged.

Ada, thanks for your post. It has helped a great deal.

I am TTC too with irregular period(between 40-50 days). I have visited three OBY, the last one told me i have low progesterone that was like a month ago. I am on CD 66 today , my longest one so far. Did two HPT on CD 50 and 51 , came bk negative so i am not pregnant i think!. cry

Congrats to all the mothers-to-be in the house, God will deliver you safely.

BTW, i would not mind if anyone has any tips on how to deal with irregular period . Please share it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2010
Hi Liferace,
There is thread for Niaraland's resident Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology . Click the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-104493.2048.html

One reason that I know is if the woman is extremely underweight or does excessive excercise, her periods may stop.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 21, 2010
Arlington and Ejedamen,
I do not think a new thread for new mothers is necessary, as you have seen nobody has yet come forward and said that pregnant members and new mothers talking about babies on this thread is too painful for them.

It could in fact give some people hope and inspiration.

I fear that if you long term members who post regularly abandon this thread, it may die a natural death.

So my opinion is that you should continue posting away as normal.

And remember, just because you are new parent does not mean that you have stopped ttc.

That is my 2 Kobos
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Liferace: 10:27am On Nov 22, 2010
Genbuhari, thanks so much for the link. I have checked that one also, but to me seems the Doc is away for now so i can't really ask her anything.i fluctuates between 56 - 58 kg,Height 5 7 ,Uk size 8, am i underweight?.

This irregular period is making TTC difficult!!. Anyway, God will make everything beautiful in His time.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ada24: 11:46am On Nov 22, 2010
Liferace:

Genbuhari, thanks so much for the link. I have checked that one also, but to me seems the Doc is away for now so i can't really ask her anything.i fluctuates between 56 - 58 kg,Height 5 7 ,Uk size 8, am i underweight?.

This irregular period is making TTC difficult!!. Anyway, God will make everything beautiful in His time.

check ur BMI to see if ur underweight.

if u google BMI calculation it should direct you to the calculator.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2010
Liferace,
I am not a doctor, it seems that you are not extemely underweight, your BMI seems to be borderline at around 20.0

I think you would have to be lower than 16.5  to be considered extremely underweight.

I suggest you google "irregular periods" they are symptoms of many things that could be going on with your body and sometimes they could be remedied with changes in lifestyle and diet.

Do some research using google.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helpful(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2010
The feelings of been childless after been married for some years is very painful.However this is common this days among couples.Painful enough, this problem is usually attributed to the woman alone.This is not always true because research has shown that many of such childless problems emanate from the man.nevertheless,waiting for solution to fall on your lap while sitting will not solve the problem.The only solution is TAKE ACTION and meet the right person that have done it for previously childless women.it is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2010
Monday update
I feel good. I'm coping with the swollen feet and back pain and wondering how much heavier I'll get grin

Hello everyone. Thanks GenBuhari wink
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2010
Tuesday update .
Swollen feet too can't wear my old shoes at all they hurt and are really tight . my hip bones hurt so it is difficult to turn from side to side.
Went for my last scan i hope just to make sure the baby is fine and as usual refused to show me his face he used both hands to do me boju boju! sad
I have seen peoples scans on they see there baby clearly my own it is either he uses one hand and i only see his nose or shows me his back and now nothing!
But i give God the praise he is healthy and fine that is all i can be happy for.

@ General Buhari i read what you wrote and i understand what you are saying but no woman will come up and tell you she is feeling hurt from another persons happiness but we women hurt differently from you guys things about childbirth /pregnancy is a sensitive topic .i have been there so i think i have an idea of what i am saying.I have seen topics on other boards where one woman came and started talking about her new born child and it was meant to be a TTC board the woman was flamed computer style grin saying she was insensitive and mean etc .

I will still be coming here as regular as I did before getting pregnant, and i know the other ladies who have had babies will do the samei will still share my story ,but aspects of taking care of a baby etc i believe should be moved else where.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ivynwa(f): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2010
I am very happy for the ones among you that finally delivered, the ones that are pregnant and will soon deliver successfully and the ones that will soon be pregnant. Amen-o-o-o for you all in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by babybird82(f): 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2010
Hello people, I just stumbled on this topic few days back and have gone through some of the posts.
I would like to say congratulations to all the mothers-to-be. For those of us still trying, God is still on the throne and will not let us down.
This are my details:
TTC2
Me 28/DH 32
CD 19 (not so sure but I think I have a 25days cycle)
DPO 8 (not sure but count O as 14days before next flow)
No BD this month.

My hubby and I have decided to start trying after my next period which I am expecting on the 1st of december. I just want to be sure I am doing the right thing as my son just turned 2 and I wasn't trying when I conceived him.
I would like advice on what to do in terms of nutrition and things to avoid.I have started taking pregnacare.
Also where can I get the ovulation prediction kit and the preseed? I live at Ajah and work in VI. I will also like to know the price.
Babydust to all of us TTC'ing and I trust God that so many good news will be heard soonest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2010
ttc4

Cycle Day: 3 ( my wife started feeling period pains 2days ago on Tuesday - 29 day cycle last month )

Days past ovulation: guessing ovulation would be day 15

BD: baby dancing on hold for few days.

My wife and I are going to try and lose weight, both our BMIs are over 30 which is clasified obese.

This cycle we are going to try baby dancing 14 and 15 of the fertile days.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2010
Good morning all.
How are you all getting ready for the festive season?Me i am just going to stay home and try and lose weight Xmas day we are eating salad newyear fish.
I am the only one on this menu my husband wants a whole pig!!!!! lipsrsealed i use to lie and say don't worry the year we have a child i will buy you a pig and roast it for you , oh ye Arlington of little faith thought it would be far now it is at my door step.I hate pork talkless of eating it or cooking it, angry

Update i am almost there God guide me strength me be with me, i am just in serious pain my right hipbone seems to be dislocated and very sore i find it hard walking i think maybe the baby is resting on a nerve will go to the clinic this week.

@Gen B you dey follow BMI?? you must be a health buff cheesy i am sure mine at this moment will be 55!!!!
why not try day 13 to 16 you can never tell for sure.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ketubah: 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2010
Hello Everyone ,

Am 31,going on 32 and very new o the thread,i've posted something on the doc(O & G blog but i think this is where i should be.Been everywhere and am tired.Been ttc since 2005,history of high prolactin,pcos and all that nonsense,i've stoppes listening to docs as they suceed in getting me more confused.So i've taken matters in my hands,have loads of books that talks about infertility,the internet has also been a goood source but since June of this year i decided to give docs & hosps a break,and i seemto feel better in my body,my periods used to be so irregular and scanty that i don't wear pads but the reverse is the case now i use pads and have regular flows for up to 5 days so i think the wait and see approach sometimes works but i'm considering IVF ,does anyone know any solid clinic in Naija?By the way i lost an 18weeks pregnancy in Sept 2009 and nothing has happened since then.

Has anyone heard of Ashermans Syndrome?

He is our Peace.

Arlington which clinic do u use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ivynwa(f): 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2010
@Ketubah
May God do for you as he has done for others, you will conceive very soon in Jesus name, Amen! Somebody Shout! Alleluiah! (Don't mind me-o-o when I begin to praise God I get overly excited and silly like a child)
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2010
@ Arly I wish you safe delivery. I thank God for you.
@ Ketubah,hmm it is well. have you read Supernatural childbirth?

Monday update: I feel fine just sleepy and tired. I don't have any shoe that fits anymore. I thank God for His mercies.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:17am On Nov 30, 2010
@ Ketubah I am so sorry for your loss God is your strength, what part of Nigeria do you live in? I don't live in Nigeria but i do know some friends who have used some clinics in Nigeria.

About the Asherman's i have heard of it but just read about it, it seems really complicated about the uterus lining sticking together, and having pains during your regular period times but not being able to bleed out due to blockages, says it can be caused by trauma or D and C's. it is a lot to read about.

@ Ejadamen, thank you ohhhhh me too i can't wear any shoe it is getting really cold and i am still wearing slippers it is not funny at all . My legs can't fit into anything and i can't see my ankles.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 6:25am On Nov 30, 2010
Arlington:

@ Ejadamen, thank you ohhhhh me too i can't wear any shoe it is getting really cold and i am still wearing slippers it is not funny at all . My legs can't fit into anything and[b] i can't see my ankles[/b].
Me too grin grin grin But sincerely I wish you a safe and short delivery and a healthy baby cheesy God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ketubah: 10:07am On Nov 30, 2010
@IVy/Ejademen,

Sometimes u really need to praise God in the midst of all this just for your sanity.I've read supernatural childbirth o but i seem to be loosing faith.God have mercy

Arlington,

hmnnn it is well,my docs thinks i have ashermans and am so certain i do not have and to proove them wrong my periods have flowed so regularly since june without any medication.I made a decision to stop using medications until further notice and prayed about it and God heard,prior to the conception i had last year i had to be on medication to have a period but miraculously my periods have been flowing and i use pads ,i used to use panty liners before cos it was so scanty.

I live in Lagos.I need a clinic that is very careful and highly professional and technologically advanced
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mimi4real(f): 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2010
My sister, That God that did it for me will sure do it for you.

I declare today that before the end of next year, you will carry your child.

Oh, my God doesn't sleep, he will surely answer you and those including my elder sister and my aunt that are believing God for the fruit of womb will be answer for he siad in Deut that no tree that will not bear a fruit, this is his word and am holding unto it, it shall come to pass sooner than you think Amen.

God bless you and keep on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chukz4real(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2010
Has any ever heard of 'Blocked Uterus' and how can it be remedied. Am quite surprised because the person in question menstruates normally but couldn't just get it right.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ketubah: 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2010
Hi Chukzfreal,

Ok am not a doctor and i really don't know what blocked uterus is but i know what asherman does is to seal some part of the uterus such that blood can't flow out freely.Imagine u have a fresh wound that does not dry up,evacuations,D & Cs,after surgeries are main causes,a d & C violently done scrapes the inside of the uterus and it might cling together so maybe that's what ashermans is but there could be so many things wrong.Get a proper diagnosis from not just a good clinic but a professional doctor.I also understand that sometimes ashermans prevents pregnancy depending on the severity,or even miscarriageif someone takes in

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.