Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5402033 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shutupareyouGOD: 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
Okay..thanks
sugah:

The only thing that shrinks fibroids is lupron (hormonal) and it only shrinks it temporarily.
It's normal for fibroids to grow during pregnancy...sometimes it shrinks by itself after delivery or gets bigger.
It didn't stop you from getting pregnant so don't think about it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shutupareyouGOD: 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
Okay thanks…so if I have cs it can be removed…thanksssss
nelszx:

If its not affecting the positioning of the baby, you just have to leave it. Right now you are as fragile as anything. Depending on means of delivery, the fibroid can be removed same time.
Underline the word: depending on mode of delivery

If it's not affecting the baby, let it be
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nelszx: 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
shutupareyouGOD:
Absolutely

That's how its removed during birth process
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bunny19: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
shutupareyouGOD:
Noooo....even if it can be done don't gamble it. Deliver then go some other time to remove it. My 2 cents

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 5:22am On Sep 26, 2021
Talking about shrinking fibroids, I recently consulted with a woman considering surrogacy because she took drugs to shrink fibroid and it backfired. Causing damages to the womb that caused the womb to be removed. I fear these kind things. If no be surgery to remove fibroid, i no dey consider am.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Damilolly(f): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
nelszx:

Absolutely

That's how its removed during birth process
The only person I know who had hers removed after delivery didn't make it. After delivery said she was tired but the doc said they'll remove the fibroid. They said she lost too much blood. Do you know anyone who successfully had myomectomy and C Section at the same time? Best research further and only do both together if one has testaments from those who had it done successfully. Even then be cautious.

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Damilolly(f): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
Bunny19:
Noooo....even if it can be done don't gamble it. Deliver then go some other time to remove it. My 2 cents
I agree. My friend passed away doing this. They said she lost too much blood.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Damilolly(f): 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
Mandela89:
WIDD
Previous cycle i and my dh went for test mine hvs, he did SFA,infection was found his high growth mine scanty, his sperm count was a bit low due to the infection, we treated the infections that cycle, my dh did scrotal scan and prolactin test at peoples doctor hospital where varicocele grade 1 was seen on the left testis and hydocele on the both scrotum, his prolactin was slightly higher than 19, so he was treated of the hydrocele and prolactin, for the varicocele the doctor says he need no surgery since it was not hurting him and it is grade 1. Then this cycle that I got my bfp, i was place on letrozole to help me ovulate from CD 5 to CD 9, then on CD 13 I went for tvs which I posted here for interpretation which 3 follicles were found 18, 16 and 12 mm on the left ovary and a simple ovarian cyst on the right,I planned to go back on CD 15 for TVs and trigger shot but due to financial constraints i couldn't, CD 18 I started taking vitamin b6 to help with progesterone, then CD 31 I did urine pt it came out faint so I waited till CD33 for blood pt which came out positive.
congratulations. I'm in a WhatsApp group with your DH. You are blessed.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
Damilolly:

The only person I know who had hers removed after delivery didn't make it. After delivery said she was tired but the doc said they'll remove the fibroid. They said she lost too much blood. Do you know anyone who successfully had myomectomy and C Section at the same time? Best research further and only do both together if one has testaments from those who had it done successfully. Even then be cautious.

My elder sis was in labor for 2 days, so the doc said CS was the next option, after bringing out the baby, he brought out 2 big fibroids too, she survived it, but the baby had issues bcs of the fibroid, I'm not saying this to scare this mama, but I want you to work with your doctor, you can go to general hospital....don't take concoctions abeg

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Crownofwealth(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2021
Damilolly:

It is possible and stop putting unnecessary fear into people. My wife had a c section and myomectomy together in 2019. Just get a good doctor and with God all things are possible.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
GreaterGraceGG:

My elder sis was in labor for 2 days, so the doc said CS was the next option, after bringing out the baby, he brought out 2 big fibroids too, she survived it, but the baby had issues bcs of the fibroid, I'm not saying this to scare this mama, but I want you to work with your doctor, you can go to general hospital....don't take concoctions abeg
The baby most likely had issues because the mother was in labour for 2 good days. A good doctor should have accessed the situation prior to her EDD to determine wether to try vaginal delivery or go straight for CS.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
Crownofwealth:

It is possible and stop putting unnecessary fear into people. My wife had a c section and myomectomy together in 2019. Just get a good doctor and with God all things are possible.
That it's possible doesn't mean it's not risky and doctors wouldn't advise for or against it. Each person's condition and medical history is different.
My doctor clearly told me no when I asked if both could be done in my case (my history previous myomectomy and CS). My anesthesia had even started to wear off by the time my doc was stitching me up for CS only now imagine if she did a myo too.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Crownofwealth(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
sugah:

That it's possible doesn't mean it's not risky and doctors wouldn't advise for or against it. Each person's condition and medical history is different.
My doctor clearly told me no when I asked if both could be done in my case (my history previous myomectomy and CS). My anesthesia had even started to wear off by the time my doc was stitching me up for CS only now imagine if she did a myo too.
A good Doctor will always know how to go about it. The reason your Doctor told you that is becos becos of the pregnancy as all the veins and arteries in the uterus are pumping blood. I think the size and location of the fibroids are also a factor to consider but in all God is the ultimate. The doctor can only do his work but it is God who can heal.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by elembav: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hello mum's
I'm new here...I have a 27-28 day cycle..it's days 32 and I'm yet to see my period..had s***x on the 9th and 10th of September..my last mp was on the 26th of August...took the PT test with the test strips yesterday and this morning.its a negative .don't know if I'm using the strip well but I only see one line..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
sugah:

The baby most likely had issues because the mother was in labour for 2 good days. A good doctor should have accessed the situation prior to her EDD to determine wether to try vaginal delivery or go straight for CS.

The issue was not bcs of the labor process, but fibroid, his anus and feet were affected...I guess the later wasn't accessed cos she wasn't suppose to try given birth on her own at all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by elembav: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
elembav:
Hello mum's
I'm new here...I have a 27-28 day cycle..it's days 32 and I'm yet to see my period..had s***x on the 9th and 10th of September..my last mp was on the 26th of August...took the PT test with the test strips yesterday and this morning.its a negative .don't know if I'm using the strip well but I only see one line..

Someone please reply me
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
elembav:
Hello mum's
If you are actively trying to get pregnant then the days you had sex will most likely not result in a pregnancy (all other things being normal).
It's either stress or meditation delaying your period. Are you taking any medication?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by elembav: 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
sugah:

If you are actively trying to get pregnant then the days you had sex will most likely not result in a pregnancy (all other things being normal).
It's either stress or meditation delaying your period. Are you taking any medication?

No I'm not on any medications
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
GreaterGraceGG:

The issue was not bcs of the labor process, but fibroid, his anus and feet were affected...I guess the later wasn't accessed cos she wasn't suppose to try given birth on her own at all.
So the position and size of the fibroids prevented some parts from growing normally? cry

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
elembav:

No I'm not on any medications
Give it some days...if it doesn't show do a blood pt test.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gracygem100: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2021
elembav:
Hello mum's
Take the test again after 3-4 days, if still negative, do a blood test to be sure
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
sugah:

So the position and size of the fibroids prevented some parts from growing normally? cry

Yes
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MorningStar233: 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2021
elembav:
Hello mum's
Do the test with your first urine and read the test within 5 minutes...use touch read am, sometimes faint line appears but I can't see it clearly..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by elembav: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
MorningStar233:

Do the test with your first urine and read the test within 5 minutes...use touch read am, sometimes faint line appears but I can't see it clearly..
Do I dip the strip in the urine for five minutes?
Cos I do that and it's still negative
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by elembav: 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
gracygem100:

Take the test again after 3-4 days, if still negative, do a blood test to be sure
If I do a blood test tomorrow,will it be too early?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nelszx: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
elembav:

If I do a blood test tomorrow,will it be too early?
No
Pregnancy can be detected 10 to 12 days post ovulation
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MorningStar233: 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
elembav:

Do I dip the strip in the urine for five minutes?
Cos I do that and it's still negative
No, dip it and don't let it pass the " max" line, dip it for like 10 seconds, remove it lay it flat on a dry surface, wait for like 4 minutes then read the result carefully
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by elembav: 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
MorningStar233:

No, dip it and don't let it pass the " max" line, dip it for like 10 seconds, remove it lay it flat on a dry surface, wait for like 4 minutes then read the result carefully
Wow..thanks
I've actually been dipping it in the urine and let it stay in d urine for 5 minutes

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MorningStar233: 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2021
elembav:

Wow..thanks
I've actually been dipping it in the urine and let it stay in d urine for 5 minutes
U r welcome
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by monchat(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hello house kindly look at my test result and how big is this fibroids. Thank you

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Towerofgrace: 10:27am On Sep 27, 2021
Beautifulsenora:
Hi Towerofgrace, I sent an email to you. Could you check pls?

good morning ma'm, I have responded sorry i didn't check my email all through the weekend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.