Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,749 members, 7,831,394 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5419428 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nmagirl i dey hail no shaking.
Dalanokus what and what have u tried b4, anyway everything is in ur hands what do u want.
@All see what i found:
TEN WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW INFERTILITY FEELS
1. Lonely. We saw couple after couple get pregnant before us, our best friends included. When they told us, we high-fived them, then we went home, and hardly knew what to say to each other. We felt lost, sad, and even lonelier than before. We were excited for them; we were just very sad for us.
It’s okay to go home and cry your eyes out when your friends get pregnant.
2. Exposed. Everybody wants to give you advice, and some people say incredibly stupid things. My favorite: “You just need to stop trying so hard!” Some people want to know every excruciating detail of what you’re doing to get pregnant. Suddenly, your most private details are the subject of casual conversation. Once people know you’re trying, people want to know how it’s going, if you’ve done artificial insemination, if you’d consider IVF, and how it felt in that small white room with the gross leather chair & the bad magazines.
It’s okay to avoid the question, smile, and change the subject. Keep as many things private as you can (except to a few trusted friends).
3. On Hold. We were always checking the calendar, wondering if we should plan thatvacation, or that work trip, because what ifwe’re pregnant? Then we stopped doing that, because we would have never lived if we would have scheduled everything around a “what if.”
It’s okay to miss a month or two; you have to live your life. This is hard, but over the long haul, it will create more stress if you feel so trapped that you can’t plan anything. We even found that it’s good to take a month off now and then.
4. Invaded. For women, there are so many things entering your body (probes, needles, drugs) and so many people measuring your progress. Even sex, at the mercy of a calendar or a temperature reading, can feel invasive. The loss of control can almost merge into a loss of self. But, it feels like once you’ve started down this road, there’s no stopping until you get pregnant.
It’s okay to say what you need, and it’s okay to shore up your boundaries in whatever ways you can.
5. Awkward. During one of the first visits where I was given the small cup and ceremoniously ushered into the small room, I actually ran into some people from my church afterwards. Of course they had their baby with them. I had a small cup thatcontained very personal contents with me. They asked, “What are you doing here?” I mean, what do you say?
It’s okay to laugh at yourself sometimes. And when someone catches you with your cup in your hand, that’s all you can do
6. Angry. Unfair is the password that gets you into the infertility club. Mary tells a story of a friend asking her if she was angry with God. “No!” she blurted. “I’m angry at pregnant women!” She knew this was irrational, but she also knew that it was good for her soul to be honest in safe places. You actually may be angry with God,and you may need to find some safe placesto be honest about that.
It’s okay to express the darkness, even the stuff you’re terribly embarrassed about, because it’s good for your soul. But in the right places, with people who can handle it.
7. Stressed. Even though it seems like a stressed out couple is less likely to get pregnant, The American Society for Reproductive Medicine finds that there is no proof stress causes infertility. Besides, trying hard to “not be so stressed about it”never worked for us. It also didn’t help to “just stop trying.” Everybody has a friend who was infertile for 73 years, and the daythey stopped trying, they got pregnant. That never happened with us.
It’s okay to be stressed. Don’t stress about your stress. Trying hard not to be stressed is silly.
8. Despair. The cycle of hope and despair with infertility can take you out. I remember getting so excited when Mary was 2 days late, and just knowing that this time , it’s going to happen! Then, a few days or hours later, when she told me she got “it,” I would plunge into despair. The alternative is to temper your hope so that your despair doesn’t get so low. After about a hundred months of experiencing this cycle, we found that the best route is to keep hoping, and if it doesn’t happen, keep crying. It’s too hard to pretend that you’re not excited and that you’re not depressed. Be excited. Be depressed.
It’s okay to hope, and it’s okay to cry. Keep hoping and keep crying
9. Loss . This was not how it was supposedto be. This was not what you dreamed it would be. And you don’t know how it will end.
It’s okay if you don’t know how to wrap your mind around your emotions. Be gentle with yourself for not totally having control of how you feel from moment to moment

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
10. Ambivalence . Every time you have to go through another kind of treatment, you ask yourself: “Is it worth it? Do I really want it that bad?” And then in the very next breath, you are taken out by the sheermagnitude of how much you want a baby.
It’s okay to want and not want. That’s normal
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gloriousGod: 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
@goldenbaby, omonikiba & all those who are weary at heart,please be strong because I know your miracle is closer than ever. O Lord please visit all waiting mothers on this forum. I know its o.k to feel low at times but don't stay there for long, now is the time to sing praises and shut d devil out, its ok to take ur mind off ttc but don't quit, trust me I know the feeling and I trust God will honor my hearty prayers to all mothers here everyday.
Welcome on board d newbies may ur stay here be short.
And the new preggies have a stress-free 9months.
Wao, the way I am so emotionally attached to this thread, I find it hard to move to other thread, makes me feel like I am about to miss a great deal of company and friends.
One love mothers! It will surely happen even though God ways are not our ways.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 04, 2013
@lizzyslaw, replied. sorry for getting back to you late. I don't check that mail frequently.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Iyabetajos(f): 6:47am On Jun 04, 2013
@pink,so so grateful for dat write up.it has taught me nt to put my life on hold because of ttc.i know dere is always sunshine after rain.ttc really got me in d month of may bt june?am entering june wit a bang.surely my redeemer liveth

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sazyn: 9:27am On Jun 04, 2013
@dalanokus, I think u should give the IUI a try. It isnt too expensive and it could just be the answer to your prayer.

@Pink, thanks 4 sharing. Its always good 2 remember dat one isnt going thru dis alone.

@All, I pray that dis month will deliver our testimonies. Lots of baby dust

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Welcome @Dalanokus and @Jadareese. May your stay here be short and sweet.
@Hafsy, congratulations. Don't worry, it is perfectly well with you. God started it, he will see your pregnancy to fruition!
@Omonikiba and Golden baby, hugs! Whatever the case may be, know that joy is around the corner. You guys will still come back here to give us good updates!
@Goldenbaby, the devil is a bastard! He is a liar and is the god of deceit. Pls do not put off ttc. It might be now that your prayers are about to be answered. The idiot always sends trials when he senses victory is at hand. Pls be strong!
@Lizzy, don't worry, you will get it next time. Tools are not a bad idea though.
@Jadareese, pls can you share your diet? I've tried o! But I need to lose the last 7kg to get to goal.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FilaSmith: 10:13am On Jun 04, 2013
Parents Warned Of Smoking Damage To Children

Hot News: 50min. ago from the time of update
Source: http://dekodaworld..com/2013/06/parents-warned-of-smoking-damage-to.html

More than 800 children visit their doctor every day suffering from the serious effects of breathing in second-hand smoke, according to a new report.
The figures have been highlighted as the Government launches a campaign to increase awareness of the hidden dangers of smoking in homes and cars.

According to research by the Royal College of Physicians, more than 80% of second-hand smoke is invisible, odourless and contains harmful cancer-causing toxins and poisons.

TV adverts will show that smoking out of a car window or the back door is not enough to protect children from second-hand smoke.

Chief Medical Officer Professor Dame Sally Davies said: "It's well known that smoking kills, but many smokers still don't realise the damage their smoke causes to those around them.
"Second-hand smoke can be an invisible killer and with more than 300,000 children seeing their GP

Read more »
http://dekodaworld..com/2013/06/parents-warned-of-smoking-damage-to.html
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nictos: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2013
Hello everyone,
God will crown all your efforts success in Jesus Name.
Should you require the therapy- this is his contact Nos 08029181030.

The person is a MAN but not young and has been in the biz for more than 50years.
His location is in Ajegunle but the precise address i dont know. WHen you call him ask for direction to his place.
I pray this massage therapy works for you even as it has worked for our women of Old.

God bless. Everyone is in my prayer.
Kissesssssss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mercifull(f): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2013
@ Toyın akan,pınk22 and all,thank u so much for words of encouragement and prayers.Its so sad when no cause ıs found,U just know d Drs r doıng trıal n error wıth u.U don't even know what to treat.It ıs well o.I'm hopeful agaın.The joy of the Lord ıs my strength.Amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MarJuly(f): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2013
Dear All, pls i want to find out what make of Vitamin C (foreign/Nigeria) and brand is the best for hormonal balance.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
Beloved1993, I'm always happy when i see ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ post, don't ask me why i beg, hope U̶̲̥̅̊ are ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙

Alwaystrue, looks like i wil change ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ name to always on point, your word is Ĵüڪ† ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ me, ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ words av turned a deressed heart to a happy heart, tanks so much ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ allowing urself to be used by God
Dreamsinbc! A question ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ U̶̲̥̅̊! ​ђã†̥ is ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ bmi? Don't know how to maintain a ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙ weight wt dis ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ blog, if i don't try dat pizza dis week, then, i av to go buy, its looks so yummy a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ I'm sure twil taste so. Weldone sis, some of us D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try shed 0!

Jadareese, i tink you need to visit d weightloss section of dis thread, you wil not only get answers but way forward

All, let's hang on, our desire is so near i can feel it

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cjnone2: 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
@all,don't think too much of problems in life, if you think you failed, don't worry because God is always ready to give remedial classes so lets review through prayers and hve a perfect score of "happiness"

ttc sometimes seems to make a big scar in our hearts but lets not allow the scar to stain our life. The only job I owe God this month is worship. seems I have forgotten how to pray again because each time I open my month to pray, its only praise and praise of the mightyness and awesomeness of God that comes out.

@all Mmwaaah... kisses. how una dey
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kikeladea: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
Iyabetajos: @kikeladea sorry to bug u.pls does m2-tone regularize af?n pls is it to boost fertility or a contraceptive?were can i get it pls?sorry pls

sory for the late reply, it regularize af and boost female fertility while addyzoa boost male fertility
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Iyabetajos(f): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
thanks kikeladea.i just got it dis afternoon.wil start taking it dis night.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
shocked

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fruitfulmum: 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
I just joined the forum . 6month of ttc.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lizzyslaw(f): 8:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
@ Beloved, thanks, I undstand. Have sent a reply.
@ all, with a lot of persons feeling depressed a thought occurred to me. Why dn't u relate a Little of ur experiences. I have not gotten my BFP but I am convinced it will come in Gods due time. I'll be 37 in august. DH turned 39 in may. Got married in 07... That's 6 yrs ds october. Never had a BFP. Now ds might be a round about way of encouraging but when I was 2 yrs TTC I thought d world would end. For every sermon preached in service stating dt God answers prayers , the tears flowed freely and my throat was choked,am very emotional and so when d tears flowed...they flowed. Oftentimes songs of praises thanking God for his mercies and love caused a deluge and at those times when fellow worshipers/ brethrens sang with joy and listened to sermons I went outside and wept my heart out. Those times DH will comfort me and other times deluge flow from DH and I hv to rock him, pet him and tell him there is hope.
Tests...am not gonna bother to discuss dt. At a point I started trado- only because docs seemed to have a concensus dt my pains were psychosomatic (imaginary) and honestly even I am ashamed to imagine some of d things dt hv passed through my mouth in d search for my lovely kids. I'll save some for my testimony except to say that at a time after an encounter wt trado..I became d woman wt d issue of blood. Even though this lasted for about 2 months +, within dt period, my Vjj according to Godsent was a typical pain zone. I had to sit in hot salted water for weeks and could not go to work for some time.

Funny enough, my fear was dt my VJJ was gonna seal up and there would be no more bd nor d chance to even ensure that anslem and annabel come. I forced my self to invite DH to bd even though it was a classic case of "e dey pain me Oº°˚˚°ºh Oº°˚˚°ºh make I comot am Oº°˚˚°ºh I go manage am so". Despite all this I was too ashamed to visit a doc within ds time cos how do I explain dt a lady of my caliber, a masters holder allowed a trado do such stuff to me. Recently someone spoke about a transvaginal scan and how a condom is put over a probe and d only issue is how to open d legs and much as I would hv liked to do dt, the thought dt entered my heart is, would d attendant be female? Am tired of opening my legs for any male to probe, (haba!! It belongs to only me and DH naa!!!) I doubt dt I will do dt again except it is to give birth to my twins and the other boy.

Despite all this which is just a tip of d iceberg, I am convinced wtout an iota of doubt dt my babies will come in Gods due time, so now, I sing when I feel like, dance when am game cry once in a blue moon but wait upon God constantly, He is me Rock and my Refuge and I know dt he is preparing my kids to come at the right time. Even if am 40, I know dt in HIS due time dy will come and he will give me the length of days necessary to take beautiful care of them, so sisters pls do not despair, cast ur burdens upon him and carry his yoke, it is light and will refresh u.

Pls do me a favour sisters. Don't quote me cos I intend to delete this or edit it later till I anm ready to give my testimony.

@Omonikiba, thank Baba all is well!

Much love all! kiss

11 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sparkle777(f): 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
hi everone. I sincerely believe dat you all will soon get a bfp.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
Welcome Fruitful Mum, may ur stay here be short. Have u been diagnosed anything?
Omonikiba my sista tank God its settled God will give us wisdom when it comes to our men
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fruitfulmum: 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
Pink22: Welcome Fruitful Mum, may ur stay here be short. Have u been diagnosed anything?
Omonikiba my sista tank God its settled God will give us wisdom when it comes to our men

Amen . Brb to share
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hafsy22: 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
U can still ovulate without visible CM, my both BFP I didn't see any CM, so don't worry u can still get pregnant without u noticing any cervical mucus.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fruitfulmum: 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
. lipsrsealed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hafsy22: 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
Thanks all for d warm welcome to me on this board, I feel good even am new here but still got so much love from u all, for those still trying to conceived God will make it easy for u, u will soon be blessed with a lot of babies in ur life, u will always be in my prayers and thoughts all, for d pregnant ones God will give us a healthy nine months with healthy babies, my appreciation goes to Dreamsinbc, jadareese, yellowpawpaw, chi16, funkybaybee thank you for your wonderful prayers may God answered all, God bless u all, may ur heart desires be granted"hugs" smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
@Pink22, amen ooo, na wisdom I need ooo. Thanks.

@Lizzyslaw, I know God has read your text, you know atimes the night seems so long and we ask, when is the day going to break? After a night, surely no matter how dark it is, the day will surely break. Your night has come to an end, rejoice love, for the day breaketh.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
@Lizzy, you will not get to 40 without having your babies. Your time is NOW! I don't know how He will do it; frankly, I don't care. All I know is that it MUST happen#blind faith!!!
@Omonikiba, thank God the issue's been resolved. Enough stress from TTC, no need to add extra!
@Twingirls, irony of ironies o! It was when I started really baking that I started taking weight loss seriously. I didn't want to be a stereotypical baker, you get? I enjoy my desserts o, but to be honest, I would half a slice of Pizza and eat it over 2 days.
@Sparkle777, hugs dear. It is well. That's all I can offer you now. I'm happy you have your BFP.
God bless you guys!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
@Fruitful Mum, as your name implies, you are fruitful and I pray you won't stay here for long.

@Hafsy22, thank God for your pregnancy, I pray you will surely carry to term. Stay strong. And thanks for sharing your testimony.

@Sparkle77, your hubby slapped you and you are preggy? Am, sorry I will blame him on that, isn't this your first preggy? So he is happy you have being doing the cooking, washing, cleaning all this while without kids? He is wrong and pls make sure he apologise for the slap, am not preggy self person slap me I no go happy. But he is wrong sha, I beg hamoniously talk to him, he is missing a point.

Some pregnant women am aware are never the same, cos of the changes in the early stage, he needs to understand that, let an elderly man/woman talk to him.

On being lazy, you might not be able to help it maybe until after first trimester, maybe you can get a maid or a sister who can help you until you are strong enough to take care of yourself, I won't suggest you leave your home, you need your hubby and much as he does. Try and get someone you can trust to help out.

Maybe the reason why he is not finding it funny is cos he himself is lazy and not kichen friendly, if this is the case, he won't be happy but you guys can sort things out for the moment. However, if being lazy has been your habit, then he might be right cos your will be more lazy now that preggy done come, try and change but if not, he should pls understand.

@Dreamsinbc, thanks oo, I can't stand another stress oo, and that's the reason why I had to bow and beg, I no fot shout, I hate not being happy, funny enough I won't be able to eat, sleep, even to pray I will just be saying nothing in my prayers, so why purnish myself, i had to go low and beg.

I love cakes ooo, so soon I might place my order oo, hope u dey lag sha? Me I like palm wine in my cakes oo with less sugar.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummyf(f): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
@spakle, God is ur strenght.HE will help u with ur decision making.
@ lizzylaw, God word will never fail in ur life.u are definately going to get pregnant THIS YEAR! And celebrate nx year birthday with ur babies! HE wIll perfect all that concerns u and ur DH. HIS ears is not too short to hear u.((Hugs))
@dreamsinbc, God bless you. Ur BFP is here!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iyaibeji2(f): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
Sorry, double post.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iyaibeji2(f): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
Fruitful mum: Good day all, got married in November last year . In January I went for a scan which shows that I was almost ovulating although had polycystic ovaries in my right ovary . My menstruation is very regular NAND no symptom of polycystic ovaries also . Went to see my gynea who told me to continue trying until I am one yr. I went again to see another fertility specialist who placed me on m2 tone for three months and and nothing I am on pregnacare conception . Infact am tired of all the odeals . I just pray I don't stay too long on the queue of waiting .

You won't stay long in JESUS name. Its good you've started early to seek for a solution and you will find it in JESUS name.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:30am On Jun 05, 2013
@Omonikiba, no o, I dey Abuja o! R u serious about the palm wine in cake? LWKMD! I go try am o!
@MummyF, Amen!!! Thank you dear, so shall it be for you, in the name of Jesus Christ.
@Fruitfulmum, welcome. May your stay here be short and sweet.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fruitfulmum: 7:02am On Jun 05, 2013
@ omonikiba amen and God bless you real good
@dreamsinbc amen too with a warm hug and smile
@ toyin akan amen again
@hafzzy22 thanks.

And as for many of us who is believing God for the fruit of the womb God will show himself mighty in our situation ijn. Am happy I am here now. I love everyone here as I can feel the love in here . In fact been here has some form of consolation instead of hiding my problems to myself I have loads of people to share with and problem shared is they say is half solved.

We will all celebrate soon ijn. I will continue to update my people

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.