Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,542 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:50 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5528421 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (3057) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
@tundeseun...im happy for you. Na wa...this ttc journey no easy...even the one that u are not suffering from some drs will try and slam it on you. The kther day it was Nictos and Tuberculosis....

May God see us through
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by atonementchild: 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ tundeseun 97,thank God you got another opinion. When i researched adenomyosis,i didnt like what i saw,as the name ugly so is the diagnosis,lol.
Its good to get at least two different opinions so that you know which way 'nigeria' and you can now prepare a proper treatment,prayer and lifestyle approach to your situation. Will be going for hormonal test tmrrw CD 2. Then will do a sono Hsg,then we will plot our next step.
@doublebils,it is well with you.prayerfully consider ur next line of action.
@ udoka2,God will strengthen and continue to bless and keep ur LO
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cjnone2: 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
@atonementchild. hormonal test on CD2, me I think it should be on CD3 and CD21. Sono HSG should be after af don finish not when af still dey flow. my sabi sabi sisters, make una put mouth.

@udolist sweet baby, nwanyi obi oma, no body fit vex for u here. afraid no dey catch dey person?. we are just trying to be our brothers keeper. as for me. who be me to vex. thanks for always being understanding.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Cd2 is ok....even cd1......cd 3 is just widely used for uniformity of results but the dr...will be able to interprete it for you and the same range still applies
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yes for hormonal profile is cd3 n cd21. Then hsggg i s CD 12.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
I have never done on CD 2, teaching hospital usually insists on CD 3
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
@wonyi like i said its because of uniformity of the results.....even the cd 21 test assumes one must have ovulated on cd 14 /15...for women with pcos they may ovulate later so the cd 21 may not be applicable
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nmagirl(f): 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Safe thank u for checking on everyone. for sometime now i hv not been active on dis Forum, I am so sad and unhappy. I am ttc and someone else is there complicating issues for me. is it a crime to marry someone not from ur tribe? I am ibo and dh is yoruba. He loves me yes! but dis their eye-service and trying to please people at ur detriment is killing me. They r not considerate at all. I leave house before 5:30am and come back 9,10 sometimes 11pm. Yet every thing dey r doing if u don't come n sleep in the family house a day before d occasion na war. Dh likes his family n tribe die, he'll not consider me at all; d only thing i hear is "i dnt want u to hv problem with my family, everybody is talking, u dnt want to learn, sometimes i wonder if u r ready for marriage, blah blah blah. Abeg! my sisters i don tire. Sometimes i wish dh is not yoruba, seriously.

My apologies to yoruba ladies in d house, am not trying to be tribalistic (after all, i am one of u already)but dis is wot am facing, they read meaning and capitalise on almost everything to castigate omo ibo. My MIL is very good but the other DIL won't let me be. Dh is d last son out of 5 men and two women, and am d only odd-man-out,so u can understand wot am facing.

I know dis phase will soon past and i'll be happy again. Miss u guyz!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ Nmagirl It is well.Like you said its a phase that would pass. Pls just be patient with them so you dnt stress yourself further.

I believe everything we go through in life is for a reason. God is not asleep and he can see and hear what we are going thru and one day it we would testify. Amen.

Safe06
haaaa! shey you nor see my posts ni? abi you just like my name abi? Udobaby don release you from the carpet abi? dts y you don dey make noise...lolz! So only u siddon chop the shawarma finish abi? Nor bi so o!lolz Ramadan Kareem

Ramadan Kareem to all my Muslim sisters!

Tundeseun Dnt be vexing abeg. I saw your post but didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. Thank God a second opinion countered the first. It is Well

Udobaby God bless you and your LO. Thank God the constipation has subsided. cnt wait to complain bout pregnancy related issues o

The power of life and death are in our tongues. I speak life into our wombs, receive life,conceive and bear a child. In Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rashybabe12(f): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Fvine tankz so much,i appreciate my sis..i will go wit all u av said.May u av a testimony soon by God's grace.
Oya tak E-hug kiss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
@nma girl... what you are going through is tribal differences...its not really a yoruba thing....im married to a benin guy and i had issues even understanding what they expected from me when we first got married, my inlaws always had something to complain about anytime their path crossed with me (not to me directly but to dh) up till the extent i started dreading seeing them and luckily they dont live in lagos.

My sister its easier for me now...the most important thing is to ensure you dont have problems with them as dh as advised you (wisely). At least you underetand what makes them happy. When there is a family occassion pack a change of cloth and put in yoir booth...try and close early and go straight there after work or if you can take the day off....its just a day or two....brace yourself and mix well with them...you need your inlaws on your side in a marriage with children talkess of ttc

Try o! Inugo?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ favor gal[color=#006600][/color]I shared d little info I know, of course Is b4 n after ovulation. They should have their reasons.
U are welcome, u are married to my brother. We are loving people. Do u prepare our local dishes? I trust u.I believe u die.
Lizzy pls where are u?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mama t it's well with u
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Favored gal n all who asled after me, thanks, as I am now, am posting from the sick bed, posting cos of nmagirl n doublebis.

Doublebis, going by your post you are not married, the man pays your bride price and also buy all marriage rites, not the woman. For everything to be formalised, he has to return every penny back yo you. As a child of God, when we go astray in our life, He can deliver us to the wicked one to torment us until we redo it right. Pray and ask for guidiance, you can ask your mother.

@Nmagirl, your hubby is right telling you he doesn't want you to have problem with his people. Am Edo (mother is yoruba and father Edo) married to yoruba, one thing I learnt from my mum though yoruba is eye service, I sabi eye service well well, whenever I know they will blame me for not going going for visit for a laong time, once I get there like this, I kneel down until they asked me to get up, I will hug the little once, buy them small thing on my way, I tell you, they find it had to know the tribal difference. We bouth stay in surulere n atimes I can stay for like 8months n not visit them, but when I go, forget, with the way I will treat them like kings n queens, na them go even dey beg me at the end.

Though hubby is so wonderful, he speaks for me most of the times. My mum too, that's one thing that kept her marriage of over 30 years, eye service, she might not like their attitude, she will still laugh n play with them, give them transport fare whenver they visit and dad is not around, off all my uncles, my mum has the best marriage despite d fact that dad is very tough.

So my dear, give them what they need, it doest take anything from you! I tell you hubby made all the younger counsins n sisters to call me aunti, me too I started calling them my dear, my sis, sweet heart, can you imagine, they give it to me cos of how I treat them, to the extent they call other wives by name and send them message like baby but me, never cos of how I behave n my hubby's attitude too.

During the burial of granny in law, you need to see, my sil told all of them not to allow me do raz work, other wives were really beefing, its the way their own hubby place them and their own carriage too. So pls, try and do eye service well well, its pays off dear, you are the one to defend your tribe. Play with them, eat their food, work for them, even if you feel offended don't show it, go home n tell your hubby about it, he is the one to put them in order, any family function you can't attend on the day, go before that day, let them know,, even when you have your babies, pls don't go out of your way, aways try to have a conscience void of offence. It is well dear.

@Favoured gal and all who asked after me, thanks so much.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
CD1. First failed Clomid cycle. Did a TVS on CD 14, doc said I had cysts. I asked if its PCOS, he said YES. I was confused cos I dnt have any of the normal PCOS symptoms except that I am slightly overweight which I feel is caused by unhealthy eating habit and sedentry lifestyle...not hormonal imbalance. I was also on Clomid so I felt maybe it influenced the diagnoses. He said No.

Doc advised me to go for IVF and save myself the stress and time. I was shocked. Been TTC for 1yr and 8 mths. Hubby is fine. I was certified fine until he came with the PCOS gist. So y will I go for IVF now? He gave me the contact of the doc that does it and said it will cost me about 850k. (biko, na so e cost reach?)

With hot tears in my eyes and anger in my heart, I left the clinic and cried silently home (I dint drive that day so imagine how messed up I was that day. ppl just dey look me. I come dey pretend say sand dey eye...lol) I dint go back to d clinic since cos I was sure I wud break down there and cry and yell...

So, now that Af showed today, I want to go back to d clinic tomao and ask for the way foward. IVF is not an option now. I also want to detox and get my weight in order.

Hello Ladies. Pls I need ur advice before I go back 2mao. The clinic is owned by my hub's office and it's free. Right now, no cash for a second opinion, not to talk of IVF.

sorry for my long gist. I am just so sad right now. Just like most of us, I had never in my life thought that I wud go thru this stress. Pls help.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
# omonikkiba sorry to hear u are sick.how do u feel now?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
CD1. First failed Clomid cycle. Did a TVS on CD 14, doc said I had cysts. I asked if its PCOS, he said YES. I was confused cos I dnt have any of the normal PCOS symptoms except that I am slightly overweight which I feel is caused by unhealthy eating habit and sedentry lifestyle...not hormonal imbalance. I was also on Clomid so I felt maybe it influenced the diagnoses. He said No.

Doc advised me to go for IVF and save myself the stress and time. I was shocked. Been TTC for 1yr and 8 mths. Hubby is fine. I was certified fine until he came with the PCOS gist. So y will I go for IVF now? He gave me the contact of the doc that does it and said it will cost me about 850k. (biko, na so e cost reach?)

With hot tears in my eyes and anger in my heart, I left the clinic and cried silently home (I dint drive that day so imagine how messed up I was that day. ppl just dey look me. I come dey pretend say sand dey eye...lol) I dint go back to d clinic since cos I was sure I wud break down there and cry and yell...

So, now that Af showed today, I want to go back to d clinic tomao and ask for the way foward. IVF is not an option now. I also want to detox and get my weight in order.

Hello Ladies. Pls I need ur advice before I go back 2mao. The clinic is owned by my hub's office and it's free. Right now, no cash for a second opinion, not to talk of IVF.

sorry for my long gist. I am just so sad right now. Just like most of us, I had never in my life thought that I wud go thru this stress. Pls help.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2013

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
sorry for the multiple posts o. Once did I click the botton, thrice has it posted grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
Cholk8y, pls take a deep breathe. Have u done hormone profile? What does ur previous results says? People with Pcos also get pregnant without ivf.there are some test u need to do outside that hospital.our Sabi mamas are coming to answer u.pls stay calm.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
@nmagirl, you don't need added stress on top of ttc. It's good that the issue is just eye service. Abeg as Omonikiba said, do the eye service well. Biko Nne, just try o. Biko
@Chokl8y, it's been a while. As you said, try to manage your weight, the result might surprise you. I don't know much about PCOS but I know someone who does will come along.
@tundeseun, thank God it's not what you initially thought it was.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
Just my two cents been trying to catch up on post,and I keep seeing lots of people taking clomid .it is a fantatsic drug,but has a high and bad side effect. Please if you are taking it let a doctor monitor you.
I was taking 50mg and I felt it was not working went to my doctor to do an ultra sound and found out just the 50mg with thinning out my uterus lining. I had to cancel my whole procedure and wait 2 months with medication to build up my lining again.so please take with caution.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iykmau(f): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
Safe am here ma. Just that this ttc is weighing somebody down.

@cjnone i agreed with udoka and omonikiba,in igbo land is the responsibility of a man to bring the money for the dowry. In my village is a taboo. You as a woman can sponsor white wedding with millions but dowry not even half kobo.

@Pink get well soon. @all the favoured mamas i dey hail una.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ Wonyi, Thanks. I have taken a very deep breathe.. :-) I did a hormone profile few months back and they said all the results were ok. I also did HSG. That's y I was surprised bout the PCOS.
@ Dream, thanks dear. It's rilly bin a while. I just read silently cos I dnt really have much to add. I will really work on my weight.

@ Arli, I know that about Clomid that was why I was so sad this cycle failed. Pls what did U take for the thinning walls?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dear all I jus saw this n thot I shd share,I don't n
Know sha.
"20 things a woman need to know about her DOWN THERE"
While men do pee out of the penis, women do not pee out of the vagina. Know your anatomy. There are three holes and countless other sexy structures. Find your way around on the Pretty Pink Pussy Tour. Get a hand mirror and go to town.
The vagina doesn’t connect to your lung. If you lose something in there, don’t worry. Reach in all the way and pull it out. Do not- I repeat- do not, go hunting for whatever you’ve lost with a pair of plyers. If you thinkyou put something in there and you can’t find it, chances are good that it’s simply not there. Think of your vagina as being like a sock. If you lose a banana in a sock…it stays in the sock.
Yes, it’s true- your vagina can fall out. Not to belabor the sock metaphor, but it can turn inside out just like a worn out sweat sock and hang between your legs as you get older. But don’t fret- this condition- called pelvic prolapse- can be fixed.
There’s no such thing as being revirginized. Once you lose it, it’s gone. Just so you know.
You can catch sexually transmitted diseases even if you use a condom. Sorry to break it to you, but skin of the vulva can still touch infectious skin of the scrotum- and BAM! Warts.Herpes. Molluscum contagiosum. So pick your partners carefully.
The vagina is like a bicep. Use it or lose it. If you don’t have a partner, pick up a battery-operated boyfriendto help keep things healthy as you age. But don't worry- it's usually not an issue until after menopause, when fragile vaginal tissue can scar and shrink. If properly tended, your vagina will be able to pleasure you until the day you leave this life.
Every vulva is different and special. Some lips hang down. Some are tucked up neatly inside. All are beautiful. Don’t even think about labiaplasty or “vaginal rejuvenation surgery.” You’re perfect just the way you are.
Most women don’t have orgasms from intercourse alone. The clitoris iswhere the action is. Most women who do orgasm during sex have figured out how to hit with sweet spot, either from positioning or fromdirectly stimulation of the clitoris with fingers.
If you’re hunting for your G Spot, be patient. Stimulating this area usuallyrequires more time and deeper stimulation than most people think. Try using a finger in a “come hither” motion to stimulate the front wall ofthe vagina, where the G spot lives. If you can’t find it, don’t worry. You’re not alone. Many can’t- and it's definitely not critical to having a a fulfilling romp in the hay.
Pleasurable sex is your birthright, and painful sex is NOT normal. 20 million women suffer from painful sex and most never seek help. (If you're one of these women, get helphere.)
The vagina doesn’t need to be douched. As Eve Ensler says, ““My vagina doesn’t need to be cleaned up. It smells good already. Don’t try to decorate. Don’t believe him when he tells you it smells like rose petals when it’s supposed to smell like pussy. That’s what they’re doing – trying to clean it up, make it smell like bathroom spray or a garden. All those douche sprays – floral, berry, rain. I don’t want my pussy to smell like rain. All cleaned up like washing a fish after you cook it. I want to taste the fish. That’s why I ordered it.” Amen, sister.
The only cancer a Pap smear screens for is cervical cancer. It doesn’t checkyour ovaries, your uterus, or your colon.
How much vaginal discharge you make varies widely. Some normal, healthy women spew loads of discharge and need to wear panty liners every day. Others are bone dry. As long as you are not at risk of STD's and you have no itching, burning, or odor, you're probably just fine. If in doubt, see your gynecologist.
Menstrual blood is supposed to clot, so don’t freak out. Usually, what youthink are clots are just pieces of uterine lining. As long as you’re not losing too much blood, small clots during your period need not concernyou. Clots are just nature's way of keeping you from bleeding too much. Blood is supposed to clot. It's when the clots are large or you start to hemorrhage that we start to worry.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Lots of vaginas need help lubing up during sex, especially as you get older. Don’t be afraid to slick on some lubricant like K-Y Jelly or Astroglide (coconut oil is a great natural lubricant, but don't blame me if you find yourself hankering fora post-coital macaroon).
Vaginal farts (some call them “queefs” or “varts”) happen to almost all women at one time or another, especially during sex or other forms of exercise. Don’t be embarrassed. You’re perfectly normal.
Vaginas stretch out when you have babies vaginally. It’s natural but it can leave you feeling a bit loosey goosey. Kegel exercises (contracting the muscles of the vagina) really do help. To do them, practice stopping the stream of urine when you pee. There- that's the muscle! Now contract and relax it 10 X for three ormore sets several times per day.
Some women do ejaculate during orgasm, but you’re normal if you don’t. The controversial “female ejaculation” most likely represents 2 different phenomena. If it’s a small amount of milky fluid, it likely comesfrom the paraurethral glands inside the urethra. If it’s a cup, it’s probablypee. Many times, it may be a little bitof both. But don't stress out about peeing on yourself. Put a towel under you and surrender to the experience.
Sex shouldn't hurt, but it does for many women. If you're one of those women, see your doctor. So many women are too embarrassed to say anything, so they suffer in silence. There are things we can do to help.
Safe sex (or even just orgasm alone) is good for you. Benefits include lowering your risk of heart disease and stroke,[i] reducing your risk of breast cancer,[ii] blostering your immune system,[iii] helping you sleep,[iv] making you appear more youthful,[v] improving your fitness,[vi] Regulating menstrual cycles, [vii][viii] relieving menstrual cramps,[ix] relieving chronic pain,[x][xi][xii] reducing the risk of depression,[xiii]lowering stress levels,[xiv][xv] and improving self esteem.[xvi] So go at it, girlfriends!
How much of this did you already know, Pinkies? How much of this is new to you? Has it changed the way you look at your girly parts? Let's GIRL TALK!
Doctor Lisa from Owning pink blog(putting it all out there)
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by atonementchild: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ ominikiba,my sister from another mother,kpele, get well soon.
It seems a lot of us have inter-tribal marriage. Nice
@ cjone i am not doing all the tests at once oh. Just my programme or rather plan for this cycle. Will do my test on cd2 cos my period lasts for mainly 3-4 days
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Omonikiba pele even me its well with me i thank God for divine healing.
@mmagirl i feel u just take it easy and play along. Even if its the same tribe its sometimes like dat, just leave inlaws with dia wahala o.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
Like what Airlyy said Clomid has some bad side effect.it gave me excessive flow for 3 weeks.did tvs n the test said I Had multiple cyst.but latter clear ed after I stopped Clomid.test after 6 mo.nths confirm no cyst.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ Wonyi, pls is it safe to say that it's the Clomid that made the doc see multiple cysts and then call it PCOS?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Chok18y very very possible
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
Goodevening beautiful mothers....
I am so lonely........
Just wanted to post about my Dh finding another job in lagos and staying in lagos means staying around inlaws and i am nmagirl case type.... ibo married to yoruba.. my dear e no easy. I am a portharcourt brought up and my inlws they make me vex tire.... omo ibo here, omo ibo there......

Nmagirl, i'm in with u... God know say na love carry us go..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (3057) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.