Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,889 members, 7,852,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5439452 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nmagirl(f): 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
wow! this October is really gonna be great. Congrats prettylee and Slimphemmie.

@Pinky- i was amazed at ur testimony; God is wonderful and he is going to perfect ur miracle with a boy n girl (Ejima).

@Honiepie-God will really bless u for the good job u r doing. you won't go unrewarded (heaven is taking record of all ur good deeds).

@ All the beautiful mamas who has been keeping this thread going; may God crown u all with ur heart desires (bomboi & girlie).

@Safe06 u be Ali baba sister? #JUSTASKING#

Going for another Pelvic scan, Hormone profile, H.S.G and folliculometry tomorrow. Gynae told me that if there's blockage that they r going to do flushing. has anyone here done flushing before? heard it's painful. I changed my gynae so i'll keep u guys posted on d outcome.

may God answer our prayers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Faith2013(f): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
AtandaAtiAdisa: Congrats to the newest mama's in the house pinky- pinky. My effort in icsi ended in a tragic form, after going thru the process of daily injection and evacuation of egg follicles, my hubby is diagnosed with Azospermia, nothing at all, three times of trying IVF, eight years of marriage. Divorce on my mind. God'll answer all our prayers.

I pray that the rest of this year will bring a friutful blessings in your marriage. Something new in your life. God is not a man that he should lie. HE has declared u blessed and fruitful.

from my own experience, after 3 Failed IVF with ICSI and 3 IUI, I can understand your pain of going through all the injections and ultrasound, but always remember that greater is HE that is in you than the problems you are facing. So refuse to look at the problems but look to GOD.

You are blessed my sister. The Lord who has strengthened you all these years will do great things in your life before the end of this year. My sister please please never let the word Divorce come into your mind for it will open door for the devil. Please when thoughts like this comes in your mind, use the word of God to counteract it and always remember the great things and the love you share with your DH.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adedoyinsola: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
Alwaystrue: cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

For us who get DSTV pls tune to channel 103 o. A film dey there now - Paper Dream
. When I reached dis post I just had to comment sharp sharp... @ alwaystrue I saw d movie too o "paper dream" and I was shielding soo much tears dat I started laughing at my self.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
@bcolar part of ur reply,4high fsh lh,let him add these supps.
Essential fatty acid
zinc
follic
bee pollen
sea vegs(search for this product,its natural supplement frm d sea)potentsea sea veg,they also hv omega3 supp.if u can get it that will b very gud.in combination to the guava stuff hes currently on,lets see how finz will turn out after a month,gud result depends on determination.pls stick to it.@atanda,would u lik to join us?

Tnx all 4 ur prayerz.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
Honiepie, may God bless you more than you expect.

Oct20, this is our month o. Wishing you joy, peace and ultimate fulfilment (in advance).

Hawtmummie, I'm waiting for the result oooo.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bcolah(f): 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tanx honepie, wld do dt. He's going for urinanalysis dis weekend to check for infection. Wld update u. U didn't say anytin abt the pid (klebsiella spp) though. Are u thru with exams?

Chi16, did u get my mail?

Rain of babydust to all.

Adisa, pls join us to fight azoo, I believe tinz wld change. God can!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bcolah(f): 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Dreamsinc. Pls I need ideas for preparing tigernut milk. Also, d almond, is it dt stuff aboki's sell that has a hard nut inside?
Tanx dearie!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
I've been carrying this in my mind for a while now, finally decided to share with you. I've reached a decision but I want to know what you think.

A friend of mine (very close) has been ttc for 8 years now. We use the same hospital and we know each other's fertility history. Recently, she decided to opt for ivf nd in the course of running tests, they found that she has severely diminished ovarian reserve (practically no eggs left-early onset menopause). I ran the same tests (not yet at ivf, just wanted a comprehensive assay) and I'm fine

The thing is for the past 2 months, since we got the results, she has been asking me to be her egg donor. When she first asked, I was stumped. I thought she was joking o. She's not, it's very serious. I've thought about it extensively and I don't think I can do it. I'm not trying to be selfish, but how can I look at the baby (if the ivf is successful) without feeling it's mine? We've been friends for 6 years now, and this is causing a huge rift between us. She was the only friend I could confide in because we are in the same ttc boat, but now I don't answer her calls. I've gone off bb too because of her. The last time she came over, immediately I saw her at the gate, I got my car keys and met her outside, told her I was rushing out.

Please help me, I already know I can't do what she's asking, but how do I tell her all this without ending our relationship or seeming like an ass?

I would be grateful for helpful replies.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bcolah: Dreamsinc. Pls I need ideas for preparing tigernut milk. Also, d almond, is it dt stuff aboki's sell that has a hard nut inside?
Tanx dearie!

No, those are dates. They are very good too, as a substitute for sugar.

For tigernut milk, you just need to soak the tigernuts overnight. Rinse then blend with water (use as much or as little water you like to make it thicker or thinner).

please let it be only for ur dh, because it works well to make watery se.m.en thicker, so it might have the same effect on ur cm.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jesus4ever(f): 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
I posted this yesterday o..it was hidden by spambot..will just repost.

Adisa my dear, I can understand ur pain. Pls don't leave your husband in this trying times. Don't even think of doing that. You need God more than ever before. He alone can make d impossible possible.

Pls I will say this again, let ur dh take his supplements (vit C,E, Zinc and a maltivitamin) and eat clean/healthy. Do not take herbs except u are very sure of it efficacy, some herbs can give opposite results. He will be fine. Remember, consistency. Stop every other drugs. Be both happy. Relax and enjoy being married. DO NOT put any pressure on him. Its just a matter of time, at least 3months u will start seeing results. Pray and be close to God at this trying times.

Its is very possible to get ur sper.m from zero level to million count. Check out this website.
http://howtoincreaseyourspermcount.uk-discount.co.uk/

...I have listed the things we have done to go from a Zero viable spe.rm count to improving my sper.m count to around 18 million (and improving my sper.m motility to around 30% mobility)...

How una dey precious mummies and daddies..I dey greet o.

Na wa o, page 441shocked! I have a lot of catching up to do..na later be that. I dey come.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bcolah(f): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tanx dreamsinc, its for dh oh. Trying everytin possible to get sperm. Heard its good for count. Wats almond then?
As per ur friend, mydear, its really a deep tin. I feel u! I tot they get donor eggs at ivf centers which dey sell. Can't she use that instead!
Have u tried explaining to her the restrictions u have? I feel its beta u open up to her, she's ur friend, she shld undastand. Its always gud to get anonymous donors nt family or friends. Its normal wat u r going thru especially ur tots. I would too if I were in ur shoes.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
@nmagirl,lol,yes Ali baba nd i are related, he's my good friend's neighbour.
@dreamsinbc,this ya situation ehn,walahi,its not a nice one to be in. Let her know your position,coz the truth is,no matter how u tell her,she will still be heart broken. Tell her to use anonymous eggs,coz using your eggs will strain ur relationship in future. Please don't involve a third party when talking to her,and please stop avoiding her I beg u. May God make it easy for u.amin.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
You have to face her and tell her NO!!! Why would she even choose you when you are also ttc? Is she trying to save cost or that's how much she loves you? You have to sit her down and tell her you can't. If you weren't ttc, it would have been easier to consider but even at that, it does raise complicated issues, such as your future relationship with the child. She should go for an unknown donor biko. It's also advised to use a donor who is between 21-32 years old. The younger, the higher the chances of a bfp.

Dreamsinbc: I've been carrying this in my mind for a while now, finally decided to share with you. I've reached a decision but I want to know what you think.

A friend of mine (very close) has been ttc for 8 years now. We use the same hospital and we know each other's fertility history. Recently, she decided to opt for ivf nd in the course of running tests, they found that she has severely diminished ovarian reserve (practically no eggs left-early onset menopause). I ran the same tests (not yet at ivf, just wanted a comprehensive assay) and I'm fine

The thing is for the past 2 months, since we got the results, she has been asking me to be her egg donor. When she first asked, I was stumped. I thought she was joking o. She's not, it's very serious. I've thought about it extensively and I don't think I can do it. I'm not trying to be selfish, but how can I look at the baby (if the ivf is successful) without feeling it's mine? We've been friends for 6 years now, and this is causing a huge rift between us. She was the only friend I could confide in because we are in the same ttc boat, but now I don't answer her calls. I've gone off bb too because of her. The last time she came over, immediately I saw her at the gate, I got my car keys and met her outside, told her I was rushing out.

Please help me, I already know I can't do what she's asking, but how do I tell her all this without ending our relationship or seeming like an ass?

I would be grateful for helpful replies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Safe06, you weigh 5* (fitfy something abi)? And you want to detox? I weigh 63 and am still yeaning to add more, though I don't eat junks, I know if I do I would have added so much. I advise you to eat healthy and stay away from the shake off. Water therapy wa what I used and lots of vegetables detox me as well. I also normally use pepper soup ingredients which are all ttc friendly too. I remember when a friend gave me some herbs to detox and herbal tea too, fine it detoxes but I almost ended my life, I became a shadow of myself. Hubby was very angry with me cos I no fine again, ordinary breeze go blow me down, couldn't climb the stairs, so pls safe06 think well before detoxing, no go weigh 40 ooo. Take plenty water and veggies. I will only advise those on the big side to do full detox oooooooo, not lepa like Safe06 and me.

Dreams, eyaaaaa, I feel for your friend, remember, a friend in need is a friend indeed. You know all about her, am sure you are her only confidant, no other person to run too, pls provide the arms for her to rest on. Think about it, if you were the one in such a need, would you like it she say no?

On the other hand, if you feel you can't be her egg donor, be frank with her, don't run from her, give her other options available, educate her on them, tell her she can get some anonimous for the donor, let her just give the doctor what she want in the donor.

However, I read on Blendy's post how two people can share ivf cost, she pays part of you ivf cost. But this I feel its not too ok to do for a friend if you are doing it for a close pal.

Fianlly, you can ask her to be patience, should in case you are ready anytime to do it, you can donate to her from what you have.

Hmmmmmmmm, in all, seek God's face, am just being human. But I feel you should not run from her, let her know she can get donors else where, fyou can offer to pay half of the egg price for her to know how much you care if you can afford it.

Ttc will not last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by VENUSS(f): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
@ Dreamsinbc, please stop avoiding your freind because she will know you are avoiding her. Instead seat her down calmly , explain things to her. Tell her you don't want the devil to come btw both of you. And befor you do it you have to seek the permision of your husband and during the procedure- before egg retreival no bd for dh and you because if you bd ,you may luckily get pregnant and she will be at a loss. So it will be better she look as the hospital to get her an unknown donor.

On another note, she should not rush into donor ivf yet, if she can do supplements it will be fine.
Am going tro ssame. Will send you a link to encourage her.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Adedoyinsola,
How have you been? It has been sometime.
Yes, it was in the heat of our 'play fight' I tuned to it and watched it. very touching but empowering. She did not understand why she was experiencing the situation but she still knew God is good and He knows why and when. Lol at cry then laugh. Na so o.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Iya ejima, I saw you sent a pm, I don't know how to read. Pm. My email addy is prettyrosefave@gmail.com

May God not let us reach menopause and not have kids ooo. But while waiting him Him to do His work, pls always eat walnut and avocado peas, they help to have good eggs in reserve.

Another thing is, I think its not a bad idea to do AMH to know your reserve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Venuss, that would be wonderful. I would really appreciate the link.
Her main issue isn't actually cost; according to her, she will not know the donor's family history, etc.

I know I'm making matters worse by avoiding her, but I've not been able to face her squarely.

Enkaay, yes, I know that. I'm in that age bracket.

@prettyrosefave, honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't have asked her to do it for me. I would have gone out to get a donor. It's really an uncomfortable position to put a friend in.

@all, I'm very grateful for the replies. I will explain my reservations to her. Venuss, please don't forget to send the link. Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Dreams, it is well, let her know and be there for her. But really I can't imagine what my reaction will be if am faced with such too. It is well sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
@prettyrosefave,i will be doing water detox,i dont have bori to dash edmark shake off, if I was on the fat side I wouldav considered it. Thanx dearie.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
@safe, pls how can one do this water detox you are talking about. am also interested
safe06: @prettyrosefave,i will be doing water detox,i dont have bori to dash edmark shake off, if I was on the fat side I wouldav considered it. Thanx dearie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cjnone2: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
@all, una well done. long time no see. plenty story don pass but its well.

Its been hectic but God dey. for the first time in my married life, I missed my period for weeks. watin ?

see fear!, anxiety!! tension!!, name it every thing follow enter my body, after few weeks, I manage to talk to myself to relax. I told dh it seems God has finally answered us, see joy, the man begin pamper me like small pikin, calls me every moment to know how am doing, carry fruits full every where for house. me self come happy, come dey rehearse how I will break the good news to my wonderful people here and my beloved mother.
fear no gree me do blood test, pregnancy strip said positive but when I finally did blood test two days ago, every thing said NEGATIVE cry cry cry.
this morning, the af finally showed up. shocked shocked shocked.

@pinky pinky, I saw ur mouth watering testimony but I was enjoying the e-fighting to respond. May God's name be praised.

@wonderful women who got their bfp this month. may the good lord guide una.

@safe06, I feel your swagger anytime, ride on.

@sweet honypie, the only honey in nairaland, u too much sote some men don dey log in here to toast you. abeg no mind them o, May God almighty give you the best in life.

@mummy AtandaatiAdisa, The good lord will give you wisdom in this trying time. Its not easy, but God has given you every virtue to carry this cross, pls don't look back, forward ever. every person in life has one or two issues they are battling with. no one is without problems. they way we handle it matters alot. The lord is your strength, you will soon shine. no shaking.

@dreams, this you matter get belle come carry pikin for back. its well with you. pls don't avoid her, its out of so much love she wants your blood around her. no harm meant. Seat her done, tell her calmly on the need to look elsewhere, unanimous donor is always the best. My dear, handle this issue with care.

@all. I dey greet una. God will surely make us smile very soon, ttc is not the end of the road. .... this ttc will soon pass away. una dooooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uteh: 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Honiepie, thanks a lot. Where can i get d vitex. Its often part of ingridient for fertility supplements, never seen it alone. On detox apart from edmark shakeoff, have u heard of Bacto-Syl General Body Cleanser? My husband bought it, he used his own dosage, its 3 satchets 1 at 3 days interval. When it was my turn, i took d first satchet, had mild stomach cramp and pooed like twice, thut it was over. The following day i noticed sometin like ewcm mix with blood, then it became so heavy dat ihad to use pad. It continued for 3 days and stopped. I didnt use d remaining 2 cos i was afraid. Have u heard of it? its a cameroonian product.

@dreamsinbc, pls tell your friend the truth, u hurt her more by avoiding her
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by IyaEjima(f): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
@prettyrosefave,
Just tried emailing u and I got a delivery failure notification. Pls check ur email again. Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by VENUSS(f): 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
one-in-ten-million..com/2013/03/february-15-natural-supplements.html?m=1

Here is a link to a blog of how a woman used supplement you can go tro and eduucate her on this option.

If she still has a her period unmedicated then she has a upper hand to deal with this. Many pple with low Amh has succeded using herbs . Even if she still wants to go for ivf she can still do this to increase her chances of producing eggs.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uteh: 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Cjnone2, it is well. But maybe you shouldnt have waited so long to test, maybe it was a chemical pregnancy? My doctor always tell me dat if i miss my period for 3 days, i should come and see him. God will perfect everything in your life in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
@uteh u r welkom dear,no no i dnt knw dat product,many cleansers r very harsh causing strong abbrassion on organs most times d uterus,that much bleedin shows its not too good 4 u.shake off is very mild,drink loads of water along wit it n enjoy ur mild effective detox.

@dreams dear,i dnt see this as an issue,two of u shud sit n discuss,offcourse no of u wnt to feel am havin ur baby or thats my baby,the guilt n stigma is not worth the sacrifice.let her go wit donor egg,shikina.dat way she wont feel lik shes kipin somes child or its nt hers.not an issue @ all.infact if u donate,it will cause break up eventually,so y do it,help her by xplaining to her.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by skimpychick(f): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
@cjnone , see as I don set leg to dance skelewu for d good news God wey do am b4 go do am again u hear no shaking. @ safe u no go kill person o. U wan detox d 1kg wey u managa gain grin u too funny. Abeg add more 2-3kg abeg unless u wan go do miss Naija for us. @ dream hmm may God order ur words when u'll speak to ur friend. 6yrs friendship no be moimoi. U can tell her dt if n when u R ready, u'll look 4 an anonymous donor. May u conceive naturally in Jesus name. @honiepie I ve not asked u a question b4 oooo, when I go ask u ehn hmm e go full page o I dey come first.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by aadetoyin(f): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
aadetoyin: @honeypie, how are ur exams? Keep up the good work. I also want to detox so how long should one do it at a stretch and that will be how many satchets.

@chidinma, Most of those that sell edmark shake off sell the whole pack so pls do u sell in satchets?

Mamalawo Honeypie, u and Chidinma didn't reply this post.
Pls do
Chidinma, do u sell sachets and are u in lagos?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
@jossy01,the water therapy is easy,but needs dedication. Take at least 2 full glasses of warm water first thing in d morning,you can mix with little lemon. Drink nothing less than 12glasses of warm water a day. Stay away from cold water et al.. when drinking the water drink whole and not like u are drinking soft drink. Do lots of exercise too even walking is a good exercise.
@cjnonnzy, don't worry,ur pikin don near finish,ur morning sickness go soon start. Amin.
@skimpymamma,hmmm I can't shout oooooo,i can't afford to loose any flesh now ooooo. Cos I'm so feeling the small bulge for my thighs now,wey some chics will boldly call HIPS,so I want to add more oooo so my hips would stop lying.*wink*.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
@aadetoyin,pls forgiv my typo error of ur monicker,a complete detox is supposed to b d whole pack of 12sachets.i dnt knw if chinma sells singles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.