Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,737 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5412818 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 4:09am On Sep 06, 2011
Hellooooooooo grin

Just popping in to say hello and leave a few lines

Blank it is good to hear that friend is doing well .

Mogbomoya I hope u are doing great too.

As for me I really thought August was the month I would get my positive preg test, since it seemed like I had all the symptoms of early preg. I am sure it will happen for us all soon in Jesusname

So for those who are ttc for their first child, have u purchased any major baby items in hope and as a demonstration of faith in God?
The answer for me is yes!,even
My parents bought some baby clothes and presented it my hubby and I in faith that God will answer our prayers, my husb and I have also bought baby clothes and my sis actually gave me a gift when she found out she was preg. Since she also ttc for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by VENUSS(f): 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2011
How is everyone doing? Its bin long since i posted. Tank God 4 all d answered prayers and d yet to b answered ones too, cos i know God wil do it soonest. @ camrgirl,._ pple v told me to buy baby items to invite babies but i v nt gotten d opportunity to do so. One of d women who told me, gave me a horse toy her baby was sacred of, i just collectd it and dropd it cos i dont like animal toys. Am workin on sometin i pray it works and 4 all ttcers too.GL
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2011
VENUSS:

One of d women who told me, gave me a horse toy her baby was sacred of, i just collectd it and dropd it cos i dont like animal toys. Am workin on sometin i pray it works and 4 all ttcers too.GL

People are funny o. why would you gift someone else a toy/item that your own baby/child was scared of. I only keep items i get from our families or items we buy for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yogun(f): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2011
Hi All,

it's good to here after a long time, am ttcing for number two for some months now if y'all will remember me.

Last month i tot i"d gotten there with all the symptoms and all but alas my AF came right on time, so it is back to "work" dis month.

I believe in God strongly.

@Venuss: if you are not comfy with any gift, pls dont keep,

where are the rest of the clan with their update

Have a grt day y'all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dear all ttcers

what could this be again
for the past 5 months l have not really hard a normal period.  its been a kind of spotting old blood that usually starts from cycle day 21 all thru and stops when l usually supposes to have ended a normal period. all these while, l have been counting this abnormal bleeding as my period.
my gynea sent me for hsg, ovulation test, and blood test. the hsg showed one tube suspected blocked.  from day 13 - 17 scan didnt dictate ovulation.
my concern now is that after intercourse yesterday nite cycle day 21 (l did the blood test yesterday, yet to collect result) , this morning till now l started something like a normal period, very red in color, like the color of my period b4 the past 5months.  the bleed comes with mild period-like cramps.
l am yet to seen my gyn with the hsg, follicle tests, he said l shd bring all together with the blood test, which am yet to collect.  so l cant see my gyn till all tests are ready.
my question now is.
what is the cause of this bleeding at cycle day 22?
if there is pregancy can follicle scan test dictate it, like pregancy scan, becos my bosom has really changed, but l beleive if l was pregant at the last cycle before these tests, the follicle scan test would have seen something,  abi?
does any body understand my plight?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ifyemma(f): 9:03am On Sep 10, 2011
hi house, i got my bfp on 29th of August after ttc for almost 2yrs after a lost of 5months preg in oct 2009. i was diagnosed of blocked and partially blocked tubes and polyps which was removed and the tubes flushed on 26 july. pls thank GOD wit me praying that God will visit others ttc on this forum AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yogun(f): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2011
@Ifemma: r Ʊ expecting now
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by weaseloo: 2:29am On Sep 11, 2011
My fellow women,
I am new to this thread and have been deeply touched by your different experiences.

I wish to share mine so that others can learn too.

I was TTC for 3 yrs after marriage. I and my husband decided to go for a total checkup. I was diagnosed with PCOS. (I was shocked because I never heard about it before, to make it worse the doctor said my male hormones - androgen was greater than normal). Long story short, I was placed on metformin for 2 months - something about getting the blood sugar down. And then afterwards, the gynae gave me a 3- combo drug to enable me conceive. Clomid, Estradiol, and Progesterone Gel. This worked like magic!!!! I took in. I know God was behind it all! He blessed us with a lovely baby boy!

I am concerned about ladies that take only the clomid. From my research, yes, it thins the walls of the uterus, I also understand that Estradiol thickens the walls back to prepared the womb for implantation. So i guess it is important to take the Estradiol with the Clomid, pls ladies, check with your gynaes. The Progestrone gel is supposed to help with implantation for people that have implantation issues or low progesterone.

My heart goes out to all of you who miscarried. You know what, there is nothing impossible with God. He is the architect of this universe. He can make it happen again and stay. Never, never give hope, He needs you to promise that you would put all your hope in Him. He will not fail.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamide123: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2011
Congrats Ifyemma, The Lord will bless you, may you have a very peaceful nine months IJN. The Lord will also perfect everything concerning all of us who are still waiting on him IJN. Please, where did you flush ur tubes?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mattybaby: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ Ify congrats. May the carriage and delivery be easy for u IJN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mattybaby: 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2011
can anyone tell me what to do to take getting pregnant worries off my mind?

have been TTC for almost 4 yrs now, but really wish to take the thought of whether my period is coming or not.
can anyone help?
thks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afrobaby(f): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2011
@mattybaby, the best way to get it off ur mind is get ur off ur mind,
If u are a full hose wife, I will advise u start doing something, if u are working, then, try as much as possible to mingle with colleagues, don't always be alone, loneliness can contribute to it too.
Infact, if u have niece or nephew that are still very young, u can tell them to come visit u, always be around children, and everytime u are playing with them, pray to God that very soon, mine will join them.4years I know is not a joke, but believe me you, urs is not the latest, and God is still in the business of blessing people with children.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mattybaby: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ afrobaby, thks.

am actually working. the thing is i do have symptoms am pregnant but what am not sure of is if
thinking or anxiety is what is not making it to stay.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afrobaby(f): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2011
@mattybaby, I do not really have a lcear say on dis becos I just got married last month, but I believe any pregnancy that will stay will, anxiety or not, but what I will actually advise is u shud always be careful when taking any thing such as drugs or even the normal herbs cos some are not good for pregnant women, and if u are still at d very early stage of ur pregnancy, the pregnancy is still tender, this is the time to be damn careful, simple herbs such as oroki, if u are yoruba, u may know it, is not good for pregnant women, and u cant really say when u are pregnant until after one month, hence, u must be extra vigilant every now and then until when u are sure uve gotten what u want.
God will give you gifts soon and that gift shall be babies IJN.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yogun(f): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
@Mattybaby

I think it is possible for some woman to feel like you are expecting (preg.) almost every month simply because the early signs of pregnancy and AF. Anxiety also plays a part as well. if Sarah the wife of Abraham in d Bible could conceive despite her old age, the same God is on the throne.

Let's pray and thank God in advance for answered prayers. For the ones amongst us that have conceived do not stop there, pray for other that are still trusting the Lord.

I know the Lord will never let us down, amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mattybaby: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2011
@afrobaby, amen.
thks alot. u will not have to visit hospital before you conceive IJN

@yogun, i do all that o. just that i really feel like the thought of it is not coming to me at all.
thks though.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yogun(f): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2011
@Afrobaby,

Congrats on ur wedding

u r also very correct that one needs to be careful with what you take even some prescribed medications. i know a friend that once lost a 5mth old pregnancy after taking Fansidar anti-malaria which was prescribed by her doctor. I cant explain the connection but it did happen. good tin, she has a baby today.

ensure you take ur vitamins and also continually ask God, He is able to do exceedingly above all that we can ever hope or ask for, we only need to ask.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mogbomoya: 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
I saw my period again. cry cry cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yogun(f): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2011
@Mogbomoya

Weep not, haba, be Strong, Hope u r taking vitamins, It is well
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ifyemma(f): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2011
@olamide i had my tubes flushed at body check ultrasould clinic in ABA Abia state . they are also at utako beside ABC office Abuja. my gyno directed me.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by doubleblessing(f): 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2011
I've been a silent member of this group and from various stories,'ve been able to draw some strength. I've been TTC for 3years now and it's not been easy,but I just believe that surely there's an end.DH was diagnosed of low fluid count a year after our wedding,it was really heart shattering for us, he's been on various medications,there's been a drastic improvement going by the last count/tests and I'm so sure that soon,I'll give a praise report, it's not been easy, To every woman/man who's waiting and trying,try not to worry,love your spouse more no matter the pressure(for me,I love my DH more than before,even though we courted for 5yrs before getting married),see the situation as a challenge and not a problem;see this period as a time of EXERCISING YOUR FAITH MUSCLES,keep the romance fire burning, (I'm really trying hard here as well cos there was a time I got tired of baby dancing,but I had to snap out of the mood cos babies won't jump from the skies, )Love u all people, tanx Arlington for starting dis group, ur doggedness really inspired me,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2011
Hello Everyone, i have been a silence reader and i must confess you guys are very encouraging.I pray may God answer our prayers and to the newly wed am wishing you all the best you hope for.

My story:
got married dec., 2009 and have been ttc since then, had my HSG early this year. the result was inconclusive it. then had an hydrotubation(sono Hsg) results i had free tubes. and no ovaries abnormal seen. my hormonal profile predict slight high prolactin level while my progestrone was low. was placed on clomid & parlodel for a month. my hubby had his semen analysis done,result is normal count(21 mil) ; i have constant 27days cycle but 2days flow. which some pple think is abnormal. shocked I don't know if it is. my Question is i don't know what pose to be the problem my stress level is low. and i have been watching what i eat. recently gave up on vitamins. notice i have cramps in my pelvic few days during or after my ovu period. i feel i might havePCOS but cant tell. just guessing because of the symptoms.

Seeing a new doc. who wants me to redo the HSG again, and want hubby to also carry out his own semen analysis. honestly am not comfortable. pls i need help asap before i loss it all. @weaseloo pls is ur gyn in Lagos if you could direct. and can i give ur 3 combo drug a try if yes. where can i purchase it especially the progesterone gel i have been looking for a pharmacy where i can buy it? ""

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by weaseloo: 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2011
mrs.kem09:

@weaseloo pls is your gyn in Lagos if you could direct. and can i give your 3 combo drug a try if yes. where can i purchase it especially the progesterone gel i have been looking for a pharmacy where i can buy it? ""

Hello dear, can you forward your email address so I can ask you a few questions.
Cheers!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 9:59am On Sep 15, 2011
@weaseloo my e-mail id omone81@yahoo.com
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by weaseloo: 10:46am On Sep 15, 2011
mrs.kem09:

@weaseloo my e-mail id omone81@yahoo.com

Please check your inbox.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 11:27am On Sep 15, 2011
Pls i did not get the mail could you resend>>>
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by r231(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2011
Don't know if this will help anybody out there but pls see website below

http://www.fertilaid.com/default.asp
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamide123: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2011
it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ Olamide please dont worry too much. Carefully think if you should return to Nigeria or not. Dont leave your spouse PLEASE or run to any place.
I lost my daughter in 2008  shortly after birth and I must say it was not a nice experience. For months I battled similar feelings (though I never had any serious medical issues)and  no one knew. God in his infinite mercy healed my heart from the pulpit one sunday in church after about 4 months. Conceiving another child took a while infact since the baby's death I had an MC before I got a BFP. The journey to this BFP is a story for another day. I decided to take things easy and in the very month that God said to me personally that it was my time for favour, that month I conceived . Whatever the case is there are no imposibilities with God. By the way I have been married since 2005.
I will advise you to get Yewande Zachaause Book "Gods waiting room 1 & 2".  It was a great comfort to read and see that God still gives victories to those who have been in worst situations than myself.

God keep you.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
@olamide123.

Life as they say is a war you must win. : my church motto says-Its not over until you win. If you run away from people or ur environment you have not solve the problem, ! i understand what you mean and how you feel about ur pass which you told your hubby. Let me tell you its only God that is true and sure, Men do not measure to Gods worth. Pls do not end your life or marriage because of what is happen now, about your in laws i believe that the only way they feel they can express themselves. Don't hold their action against them. i would also like to say this PLs We have to win Infertility not the other way round, declare the word of God and believe with all your heart, even when all hope seems lost. do not loss your faith, I have the convention in my heart that we will both rejoice regarding this issue, the most interesting part will be this( all those that laugh at us will defiantly be force to laugh with us) hold on to this word in Joshua 1 vs 6'' Be strong & courageous"

The best is yet to come, Stop thinking about dying, for those who loosed their life are people who never planned to journey through that lane, rather thank God for life for the
Bible says :
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like an eagle; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint. -- Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV

Do not be discourage :
1 Chronicles 28:20

David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.

Find HOPE once more and dont loss FAITH.

Have a lovely day

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ceasyc(f): 2:58am On Sep 16, 2011
pls does anyone know the effects or the use of STILBOESTROL tablets and ESTROGEN pills, gels?

has anyone used it/dem? what are their effect/advantages/disadvantages?

ta in advance
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Divab(f): 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2011
Hi guys,

Its been a long time i ve posted but i ve read all threads, For all who are ttc, God have already answered ur prayers, justthank Him for the physical manifestation which is baby bump, Am expecting my bundle of joy in a few weeks, God has been faithful and true to His words. Be positive and keep ur focus on Him. I was ttc before but when i learnt to redirect my energy to other things other than bb, He did it when i least expected it. Anxiety and worries plays a major part in getting our joy delayed, Wait for a word from Him!!

Have a wonderful day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.