Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5405312 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ACL(m): 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2010
arlington, how u doin? am in poert harcourt & ve been trying 2 locate a good gyn. The one i meet is those dat are just after money. He was just sating it will cosr y money even b4 askin me past medical records. Pls let me know if u can hwlp with a good gyn contact.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2010
hi every1,
God bless u Arlington 4 starting this forum.
I've been following this thread 4 a while now,i hope i can join? I've been trying 4 a second child 4 some time now. my baby will be 3 yrs old by may.
@stages, sorry oh about the vomiting and take care of yourself.by God's Grace, u will soon get past this stage.God bless u all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2010
hi girls
hope all is well with u girls
my prayer goes to all of u
and like i said before this year
is "baby year"

@ my peace
i got pregnant the month i had no ovulation signs
no cervical mucus, no abdominal pains like i used to
have before, so plz stop saying u don't ovulate except u have a medical problem
coz ovulation simptoms can be triky at times
just keep on trying and maybe u are actually ovulating my dear

good luck to u all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 7:54am On Feb 16, 2010
Hello my fantastic ladies, cool

How are you all doing? Thank you for the blessings oh. i have been busy and travelling i am in Nigeria at the moment just getting to a computer now.
I was even trying to see if i could meet up with some you women (my peace you know say you join)but i am over stretched with waka.

@Acl i left PH 5 years ago but i have a friend who did something in one of the hospitals i will call her up later today or this week and tell you i know it was an Indian Doctor Female It was either Bossom Clinic or Ebony Clinic Not sure.

@my peace how far na you just decided to bail and leave me high and dry here no be so oh. How do you know you are not Ovulating have you tested?I go flog you oh no dey confess negative talk unless you are sure oh.i don't know if you can find ovulation sticks to test but at the4 end they cost a lot testing testing all the time.

Z@ Eversmile i beg bone that Doctor oh he wants to use you for first time practice, how will he not be sure of the price , you already have a gut feeling that something is up somewhere if not you would not ask my opinion don't use him keep researching not to scare you i know someone who had a miscarriage and they ended up damaging one of her tubes which lead to a serious infection , her only option is IVF now because of one crazy doctor please . i will ask around and see if someone can tell me of anyone.
I don't know if you all are in Nigeria or have the ability to Travel out of the country i live in the USA i have a Good doctor who can do all this but it will involve too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ sad

@Stages mama bomboy/bomgirl kpele don't worry you will soon be well when you will see OUR baby you will forget all this sicky sicky.The Lord is your strength.

@Venuss how are you doing i hope good.

@Masido of course you are welcome to join we are all here to support one another , at least we can be disturbing you with symptoms questions when we get pregnant. Just keep trying it is well smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by akangbee(m): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2010
ACL:

HI ALL,

MY Peace, same from stock forum those days, how is stock market goin?

new to this post, hope am welcome.

Am getting married in 3mths time but too anxious cos i have a long time history of irregular period, gyn gave me contaceptive 4 correction and it lead 2 missed period for a yrs.
later when it came , it became iirregular bleeding, placed on primolut N wc i still use up 2 date.
recently it spots for about a week and later flow for a week.

I stay in port Harcourt, hubby is in Lagos, we see once a month or twice at most.

Does anyone in d house knows a good gyn in PH, pls help. uniport is too far, and office will not give time for public hospital.it has 2 b a private clinic i can go after work.

Expectin your reply.

i almost forgot, went for pelvic scan on friday, result says UTERINE FIBROID>. where do i start from
@ACL

Try st martins hospital @ flemming avenue rumuomasi (Dr Nkama is the gyn). Took delivery of our baby 6 year ago (Not sure if he is still there) or pm me on eogunbiyi at yahoodot com for his #.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 9:19am On Mar 22, 2010
Hi girls
sorry for the long silence
I just resumed from my leave
my civil and church wedding was a sucess
even though it was not easy; with my present condition
After all the stress during the wedding preparations
i must say Thank God coz
all is well with me and the baby in me too

and guess what morning sickness is over and
i can now eat well
she has started kicking too.

ooooo Girls my ears are itching to hear good news from u
my peace, arlington, venuss, eversmile, aladunni, ladybells, tangerine
where are u girls at?
I continue praying for u all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by enidluv: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
I was told that sometimes the cause of infertility is hormonal inbalance. Hormonal inbalance can be corrected with Splina (Chlorophyl drink of Edmark). Your infertility can also improve with Bio-Elixir (also an Edmark product). A woman testified of getting pregnant after taking these supplement.

I personally have been taking Edmark products since November last year.

Please read about this and you can find out more about Splina and Bio-elixir by calling 08033840186, or 07056305299 or go to Edmark's office at Opebi, Ikeja for details.

Edmark products are ISO certified and nafdac approved.

Also ask your doctor for details too.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Damysa(f): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2010
Hello People,

Am so confused about counting a woman's cycle and dont know the right time
a woman can concive, I only know that it's around 14days after Menses which is ur ovulation period.
It's all so confusing to me.

Please can the masters in this game educate me

Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:09am On Mar 26, 2010
my dear people,

infact l decided to switch off. dont understand why me? you cant believe it that l had another miscarriage on the 27th of February at 8wks. lnfact it was devastating, but l thank God l didnt do evacuation, even when scanned said incomplete abortion, couldnt afford to go through what l want thru after the last one i.e irregular period. But thank God everthing expelled by itslef, a follow up scan a week later showed all is fine.

Doctor said, lt could be zinc, calcium and magnesium deficiency. lt started with serious leg pain, as if its labour pain (l never had labour pain, but l can feel its like one) They ave me progestrone injection, but l think it was late to do anything. However l have started taking supplement drugs in zinc calcium and magnesium.

l believe NEVER again will l caste my younger before the time.

Stages,
am glad for you. Happy married life!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2010
My Peace,
I am soo sorry for your loss.
I pray God consoles you and gives you another and another for all the pain you have been thru.
God bless you my sister.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2010
@my peace. So sorry about your loss.It is well.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:33am On Mar 27, 2010
Sorry, MyPeace. My prayers are with you and the rest of you ladies: Masido, Eversmile, Tangerine, Ladybells, Uteh, ACL…
Stages, that's great to hear. Congrats.
Eversmile, how's it going? I hope you didn’t go to that idiot of a Doctor, and hopefully found someone else?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2010
sorry abt your loss dear.
I know what it feels like cos I've bn there.
Lost two pregnancies also at 8weeks but to God be the glory, I carried to term and was delivered of my lovely babies 2 weeks ago.

These are the steps I took:
Changed my doc,
Did hormonal assay,
Trusted God,
Cerclage
Prayedddddddddd!!!!!
A miracle atlast.

You cld drop ur number here, I'ld call you and share with you the words of encouragements that kept me going.

I am a living testimony of God's kindness.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2010
Dear all,
@ mypeace, share in your grief and being in the same situation, I can understand how you feel.

This is a very nice thread and I'm happy to join. My wife & I have been married for 2 years now without any child. We av tried all medical assistance with not success. We are really getting worried because we are the sort of couple that desire having them early & concentrate on raising them. She'll be 30 later this year & I'll be 32. There has never been any sign of pregnancy & she had been having her cycle within 28 days. But from January this year, It's been twice at 32 & 33 days. The Dr was worried that may be she stressed herself; or may it's just a fake symptom. We believe in the efficacy of prayer & we've been doing that. The problem is she believe more in the spiritual angle (affliction) to our problem while I tend to discourage her from thinking in that direction. There is no single scan she has not done up to HSG (oh I pray we have a good news later so that we can testify; she discussed the process & i feel sorry for my wife & prayed she never have cause to do it again).I'm still hoping & believing that GOD will do it irrespective of the aliment or affliction like HE did that of stages et al. Pls remember us in your prayer
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2010
Dear My peace,
I am so sorry about your loss , I know that can never be enough but I have been there twice as well and I know you start to wonder what did i do wrong? But the belief and trust I have that God will not give me any burden heavier than i could bear makes me go on and as you siad you will Never ever cast your young before there time.

@ Stages i think na so you do wedding chop your rice alone  i for tie big scarf reach there na, i am so glad  you and the baby are doing fine i can't wait to hear your fantastic testimony.

@ Itiade Congratulations i am so happy for you thank God for safe delivery .

@ Abiop Welcome, you said you have done everything medical?  IUI, IVF,ICIS or just checking to find out what could be possibly wrong? I know you are trying to discourage her from thinking that way but to a woman in this situation her mind will wonder to so many places you can only but imagine. Just stand by her side as you are doing  .HSG is the worst thing I ever did,  after it i sat down and thought who I had offended that i had to go through that.You will always be in our prays anyone who comes here that shares this same situation we have, God will not  leave us empty handed in Jesus name.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2010
Hi Ladies,
I wish you all the best in you quest to conceive. Hopefully I could give a male perspective.

I am not a doctor or an expert, but I have some idea for people ttc as my wife and I had gone through period of ttc. I thank God we have now been blessed with 3 children.

Here is some suggestions that  I think everyone (male & female) trying to concieve should implement:

1). If you are overweight try to loses some weight , this can be done by doing more exercise and eliminating unnecssary sugars your diet (e.g. soft drinks) and drinking more water.
Try and make changes to your lifestyle that is sustainable: incorporate more excise in your normal daily activity, eg. where you may normally take a bus consider walking.
If you have people going to shop for you, consider accompanying them or going by yourself.

Instead of eating 3 large meals per day have six smaller meals and fill yourself up with water after each small meal; Take your time to chew each mouthful thoroughly and apppreciate the flavour of the meal.

Make sure 50-60% of your food intake is vegetables or fibres, remainder 40-50% should be equally divided between protiens and cabohydrates.

Obesity may cause infertility in both men and women.

In women it may cause polyscystic ovaries syndrome, which is caused by pre-diabetic condition known as insulin-resistance. Your doctor may prescribe metformin, which helps convert sugars in your body to energy, and would also aid weight loss.

In Men, obesity dramatically reduces testosterone levels and consequently sperm production. Not only is less sperm produced by the testicles, but because of the weight issues, the testicles are more squashed between his legs and are over-heated, which reduces further the amount of sperm available.
Men need to wear loose fitting underwear and trousers that give the testicles room to hang freely so that they are not squashed up against the body and over-heated. Driving or seating for long period daily could overheat testicles so it is important, men sits in a way that keeps the testicles as cool as possible. This applies especially to office workers or professional drivers.

Another effect of low testosterone is erectile dysfunction, and this obviously would affect the man's ability to have sexual intercourse when it is necessary.

For men it is important to ensure you stop drinking alcohol, this would bad for your waistline and testosterone levels. take daily zinc vitamins and also vitamin B complex.
Or ensure that he eats foods naturally reach in these vitamins.

I personally feel that  couples trying to conceive should try and eat natural organic food as much is possible and to avoid putting harmful chemicals into your system, from using natural soaps to avoiding toothpaste and using chewing stick. Avoid hair relaxers and use natural body cream where possible (coca butter). I think that unnatural harmful chemicals in our bodies could effect the quality of sperm (chromosonal quality) and same could go for quality of eggs a woman produces.

@My Peace, I am sorry that hear about your loss. My wife lost 2 pregnancies at 5months and 3months, the first was due to an infection, so doctors decided to start her on anti-biotics at 3-4 months the next time she is pregnant.

Her second miscarriage was due to (I am not sure if the correct term ) a natural abortion , where the foetus fails to develop, but the pregnancy progresses as normal for a couple of months, this results in an empty sack being discovered at the time of the miscarriage. The  Doctor told us that this type of miscarriage is normally due to chromosonal abnomalities in the foetus.

Finally when ttc, we were advised to have sex every other day, I think especially for men with low sperm count, they should abstain from ejaculation about a week before their women comes into her fertile days, to help build up sperm in his testicles and then have sex every other day.

Good day.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2010
Hi Ladies,
I wish you all the best in you quest to conceive. Hopefully I could give a male perspective.

I am not a doctor or an expert, but I have some idea for people ttc as my wife and I had gone through period of ttc. I thank God we have now been blessed with 3 children.

Here is some suggestions that I think everyone (male & female) trying to concieve should implement:

If you are overweight try to lose some weight , this can be done by doing more exercise and eliminating unnecessary sugars your diet (e.g. soft drinks) and drinking more water.
Try and make changes to your lifestyle that is sustainable: incorporate more excise in your normal daily activity, eg. where you may normally take a bus consider walking.
If you have people going to shop for you, consider accompanying them or going by yourself.

Instead of eating 3 large meals per day have six smaller meals and fill yourself up with water after each small meal; Take your time to chew each mouthful thoroughly and apppreciate the flavour of the meal.

Make sure 50-60% of your food intake is vegetables or fibres, remainder 40-50% should be equally divided between protiens and cabohydrates.

In women it may cause polyscystic ovaries syndrome, which is caused by pre-diabetic condition known as insulin-resistance. Your doctor may prescribe metformin, which helps convert sugars in your body to energy, and would also aid weight loss.

In Men, obesity dramatically reduces testosterone levels and consequently spermatozoa production. Not only is less spermatozoa produced by the testicles, but because of the weight issues, the testicles are more squashed between his legs and are over-heated, which reduces further the amount of spermatozoa available.
Men need to wear loose fitting underwear and trousers that give the testicles room to hang freely so that they are not squashed up against the body and over-heated. Driving or seating for long period daily could overheat testicles so it is important, men sits in a way that keeps the testicles as cool as possible. This applies especially to office workers or professional drivers.

Another effect of low testosterone is erectile dysfunction, and this obviously would affect the man's ability to have sexual intercourse when it is necessary.

For men it is important to ensure you stop drinking alcohol, this would bad for your waistline and testosterone levels. take daily zinc vitamins and also vitamin B complex.

I personally feel that couples trying to conceive should try and eat natural organic food as much is possible and to avoid putting harmful chemicals into your system, from using natural soaps to avoiding toothpaste and using chewing stick. Avoid hair relaxers and use natural body cream where possible (coca butter). I think that unnatural harmful chemicals in our bodies could effect the quality of spermatozoa (chromosonal quality) and same could go for quality of eggs a woman produces.

@My Peace, I am sorry that hear about your loss. My wife lost 2 pregnancies at 5months and 3months, the first was due to an infection, so doctors decided to start her on anti-biotics at 3-4 months the next time she is pregnant.

Her second miscarriage was due to (I am not sure if the correct term ) a natural abortion , where the foetus fails to develop, but the pregnancy progresses as normal for a couple of months, this results in an empty sack being discovered at the time of the miscarriage. The Doctor told us that this type of miscarriage is normally due to chromosonal abnomalities in the foetus.

Finally when ttc, we were advised to have intimacy every other day, I think especially for men with low spermatozoa count, they should abstain from expulsion about a week before their women comes into her fertile days, to help build up spermatozoa in his testicles and then have intimacy every other day.

Good day.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2010
@Mypeace, so sorry for your loss, it is well.Our God is still on the throne, so dont worry.
I was so depressed earlier today. Saw my period after 6 days of lateness, already thinking it has happend.
I wonder why it delayed this long when nothing has happend,well, like i said, it is well.
God bless you all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 8:23am On Mar 29, 2010
after it i sat down and thought who I had offended that i had to go through that.
Arlington, Thanks. My wife is still asking this question everyday especially since she was a virgin until we got married.

Masido, i feel for you, since 2 years when married we have never witnessed late arrival until the last two months and we were already thanking GOD that HE has done it. You can imagine how we felt we the thing surfaced 6 days later. OH GOD, There are people in this world that don't want child, yet you give them anyhow, there are ruffians & prostitute who by virtue of their deeds & lifestyle don't deserve this more than some who worship you & keep faith with you. hm hm I guess that's why you are GOD. No matter what, we'll keep faith & trust in you because we know you did that of stages & others on this blog, you CAN & WILL do that of us like masido, mypeace etc not forgetting me & my wife of course grin grin grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:45am On Mar 29, 2010
thank you my people. l changed my doctor immediately. l blamed him for everything, the day l got the positive pg test, l told him that day that l was seeing small dark brown, he just ignored it and give me only medication for the leg pain, the following day the blood increased, l rushed back to the hospital, he said l should just rest that it will stop, which l did, he give me the progestrone injection and folic acid. The rest is history. But l believe some good doctors could save the situation from the early stage.

at Itiade
Congratution, your testimony is a proof that God is still in the business of doing good!

l dont believe its a case of cerclage, l learnt that if it happens at 12-13th week l could suspect that. However what ever the case, l believe my God is more than it, l have REST that this year is my year and for everybody here.

Thanks friends! tongue tongue

at All
infact dont be carried away by usual ovulation sign , just do the baby dancing, cause l complained of lack of ovulation the month l look in, however l noticed unusual wetness, but definately not cervical mucus as usual.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 10:34am On Mar 29, 2010
My peace am so sorry about ur miscarraige.
Just stay positive and say to urself " I will make it"
I noticed ur absence and i was praying something good
has happened. Like i've always said this year is a a year
for all the TTC thread ladies to concieve and give birth.

MyPeace:

at All
infact dont be carried away by usual ovulation sign , just do the baby dancing, cause l complained of lack of ovulation the month l look in, however l noticed unusual wetness, but definately not cervical mucus as usual.

I sais this before and i'll say it again. Don't be fooled by the so-called ovulation signs u have each month.
I conceived the month i had no signs unlike the other months. So just keep on trying with or withour those signs.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ my peace, cld be an issue with the cervix. Dont ignore it.
I started spotting each time at 6weeks.
You can imagine!!!!!
This last one, I went on leave immediately i started spotting and had the cerclage done at 12 weeks.
Believe me, the spotting stopped and I didnt have any issues anymore.

Lest I forget, I was on progesterone inj from week 6 - 13, two times a week. not once as most docs do.
my new doc said there was nottin like having too much prog. in the system. pls consider it.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2010
itiade:

@ my peace, cld be an issue with the cervix. Dont ignore it.
I started spotting each time at 6weeks.
You can imagine!!!!!
This last one, I went on leave immediately i started spotting and had the cerclage done at 12 weeks.
Believe me, the spotting stopped and I didnt have any issues anymore.

Lest I forget, I was on progesterone inj from week 6 - 13, two times a week. not once as most docs do.
my new doc said there was nottin like having too much prog. in the system. pls consider it.
Cheers

Apart from the progesterone injection, what other thing did you do from 6wks till 12wks before the cerclage was done. However, can you get on me onyiioatyahoo.com. tx
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hi Ladies,
I wish you all the best in your quest to conceive. Hopefully I could give a male perspective.

Here is some suggestions that  I think everyone (male & female) trying to concieve should implement:

If you are overweight try to lose some weight , this can be done by doing more exercise and eliminating unnecessary sugars your diet (e.g. soft drinks) and drinking more water.
If you have people going to shop for you, consider accompanying  them or going by yourself.

Instead of eating 3 large meals per day have six smaller meals and fill yourself up with water after each small meal; Take your time to chew each mouthful thoroughly and appreciate the flavour of the meal ( this helps to slow down how you consume the food).

Make sure 50-60% of your food intake is vegetables or fibres, remainder 40-50% should be equally divided between protiens and carbohydrates.Avoid processed carbohydrates such as sugar , white bread any thing with added sugar.

In women it may cause polycystic ovaries syndrome, which is caused by  pre-diabetic condition known as insulin-resistance. Your doctor may prescribe metformin, which helps convert sugars in your body to energy, and would also aid weight loss.

In Men, obesity dramatically reduces testosterone levels and consequently spermatozoa production. Not only is less spermatozoa produced by the testicles, but because of the weight issues, the testicles are more squashed between his legs and are over-heated, which reduces further the amount of spermatozoa available.
Men need to wear loose fitting underwear and trousers that give the testicles room to keep cooler ,better still if he wears no underwear at all. Driving or seating for long periods daily could overheat testicles so it is important, men sits in a way that keeps the testicles as cool as possible. This applies especially to office workers or professional drivers.

Another effect of low testosterone is erectile dysfunction, and this obviously would affect the man's ability to perform sexually when it is necessary.

For men it is important to ensure you stop drinking excessive alcohol, this would bad for your waistline and testosterone levels. Take daily zinc vitamins and also vitamin B complex.

I personally feel that  couples trying to conceive should try and eat natural organic food as much is possible and to avoid putting harmful chemicals into your system, from using natural soaps to avoiding toothpaste and using chewing stick. Avoid hair relaxers and use natural body cream where possible (coca butter). I think that unnatural harmful chemicals in our bodies could effect the quality of spermatozoa (chromosonal quality) and same could go for quality of eggs a woman produces.

Her second miscarriage was due to (I am not sure if the correct term ) a natural abortion , where the foetus fails to develop, but the pregnancy progresses as normal for a couple of months, this results in an empty sack being discovered at the time of the miscarriage. The  Doctor told us that this type of miscarriage is normally due to chromosonal abnomalities in the foetus.

Finally when ttc, we were advised to have intimacy every other day, I think especially  for men with low spermatozoa count, they should abstain from expulsion about a week before their women comes into her fertile days, to help build up spermatozoa in his testicles and then have intimacy every other day.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 6:54am On Mar 31, 2010
@ my peace

One other thing i did was that i had plenty of rest. Was either eating or sleeping.
When am not sitting to eat then am definitely lying down.
I gave my body enoff rest and plenty of chance for the embryo to fully implant.
Mind you, the spotting didnt stop, but was not as heavy as the previous.

Permit me to confess that I had an overdose of folic acid.
The recommended dosage is 400mg but i was taking 800mg, rmbr the body doesnt store it till the next day, so I felt while starve the body of what it might need and if not needed expelled within the next 24hrs.

My dear, I prayeddddd oh.
Didnt consult anyone to pray for me.

I had a personal encounter with Christ.
First, be born again if you are not.
Give him your all
Trust him with your health cos he is intrested in all that concerns us (He is the greatest physician)
and, you ave your miracle.

I other thing that might intrest you is that I asked God for a child and he gave me two.( I had a set of twins 3weeks ago, meaning God is alive)
He can do all things.

Cheers.

10 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 7:56am On Mar 31, 2010
@ GenBuhari
Thanks for ur hint.

@itiade
Thx dear, l will do as u said. Infact God is an awesome God, if He could give u two for asking for me, l believe He will give me three for asking for two!!

@all
l take one tablet of folic acid a day, is that one equivalent to 400mg?. l use to take pregnacare, but suspended it, because l found out some other food supplement l take contain the same vitamins in the pregnacare except folic acid, am afraid of overdose, so l now take ordinary folic acid, one a day, do l need to increase it or is it enough for daily requirement?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 11:51am On Mar 31, 2010
@ GenBuhari, thanks for your contributions.
@itiade, congrats.you are truly blessed.We serve a good God.
@all, how una dey?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ my peace
Maybe there is something like overdose with folic acid, maybe not.
I was taking and is still taking pregnacare once daily(morning) and one of the regular folic acid at nite and my babies are healthy and bouncing

My dear dont take chances, do all it takes.

Hey, lest i forget, i also abstained from onions for the first three(3) months cos i noticed that i miscarried the week i take suya with onions.

Cheers
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 01, 2010
@ mypeace
I feel your pain. However please consider that your last doctor may not have necessarily done anything wrong.
Was your missarriage a " missed abortion" (empty sac) type ? If so, it was likely that the embryo was never viable probably due chromosonal abnormalities.

As Women get older the chances of this type of miscarriage increases as the quality of eggs produced reduces considerably after the age of 35. Quality of sperm of older men also declines which means for couples approaching middle age the chances of producing non-viable embryo and hence miscarriage is greatly increased.

My advise to older couples is to try to be super- healthy, avoid processed foods with preservatives try to avoid all unecessary chemicals into your system as I personally believe that harmful substances in the body may influence the quality of eggs or sperm produced on a chromosonal level.

Be careful about what chemicals (e.g. creams , relaxer , deodrants etc. ) that come into contact with your skin as harmful chemicals could be absorbed through the skin; and of course avoid ingesting harmful chemical (e.g. from soft drinks, sweets, processed foods, toothpaste and even unecessary medication or even excessive vitamins). Try and find natural alternatives e.g. usind chewing stick to brush teeth, orange and lemon are natural deodorants etc.
Ensure you are well hydrated and drink at least 4 litres of water per day to wash out harmful toxins in your body.

A lot of times when women miscarry everyone may assume that it is a problem entirely with the woman's body but in some instances it may be due to poor quality sperm, which may result in a chromosanally non-viable embryo.

It is therefore very important that both the man and woman try to be very very healthy.

Good luck all.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by amiable21: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2010
MY DEAR LADIES IN THE HOUSE, I NEED A GOOD GYNECOLOGIST, I WANT TO EXAMINE MY BODY AS REGARDS FERTILITY, I ALSO WANT TO FIND OUT WHEN I OVULATE, MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE IS BETWEEN 27 AND 28 DAYS BUT I AM CONFUSE ABOUT THIS OVULATION THING.

I WANT TO KNOW ALL THE ACCESSORY TESTS I HAVE TO DO TO INSURE THAT I CAN CONCEIVE.

PLEASE WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU GIVE ME DETAIL ADVISE AND GUIDELINES ON THIS ISSUE. AND IMPORTANTLY A CONTACT OF A GYNECOLOGIST.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Mandela89(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.