Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5411607 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:38pm On May 04, 2010
Thank you Nikinash  ohh it was out of annoyance. when i tried talking to my Nigerian friends they  acted like i was cursed and it is unheard of. i knew other people where going through the same thing but either had no one to talk too or just did not want everyone knowing  the  pains and frustration. How many times can you tell someone who does not get what you are going through you just saw your period?They will say according to my friend you no wan baby na, if you want you go just rest body dey do am everyday i just  felt disgusted and hung up the phone no need to explain.
May God make this journey a short one for us.
And congratulation on your baby.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 1:54pm On May 04, 2010
Arlington:

Thank you Nikinash  ohh it was out of annoyance. when i tried talking to my Nigerian friends they  acted like i was cursed and it is unheard of. i knew other people where going through the same thing but either had no one to talk too or just did not want everyone knowing  the  pains and frustration. How many times can you tell someone who does not get what you are going through you just saw your period?They will say according to my friend you no wan baby na, if you want you go just rest body dey do am everyday i just  felt disgusted and hung up the phone no need to explain.
May God make this journey a short one for us.
And congratulation on your baby.
I feel you lipsrsealed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nikinash(f): 2:06pm On May 04, 2010
its true. in fact at a point i stopped going to the hospital or lab for test and just bought packs of home testing kits for myself because even the hospital and lab will sometimes look at you like, she don come again.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 7:50pm On May 04, 2010
@ Arlington, I reside in UK. I’ll just share my history.

I’ve had 3 ICSI and a FET( frozen egg transfer), been having tx for the past 3 years.

1st ICSI: Retrieved 12 eggs and only 3 fertilised, was very gutted, didn’t really try much cos I was over confident, doctors gave 70% cos of my age, I don’t know why I put all my hopes in them not that they are God, I guess I was so naive.

2nd ICSI: Retrieved 15 eggs and only 5 fertilised, upped my protein intake took sprirulina, protein, had boiled egg every day, they even did Assisted Hatching on the embryos but no success there.

After this cos I post on fertility friends uk, heard good reviews about one egyptian doc, dragged DH there where we had Immune testing and we found out I had very high number of killer cells, no wonder I hardly ever get ill, my killer cells kill every cell it comes across including DH’s sperm, I took IVig, LIT, prednisolone all this to suppress my killer cells, everything was going fine until my birthday, guess what some of the follicles started ovulating, He gave me pregnyl so we could retrieve the remaining eggs, we cld only get 4 out of the 15 we saw during scans, my DH was very upset and we had spent a fortune on this treatment, all credit cards maxxed up. We froze it all and the next month had a FET but it never implanted.
So for my 4th ICSI, IA will be happening later this year.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 10:50pm On May 04, 2010
@Beetle that is a lot i cant lie. I see you are Strong willed and ready to keep going and i commend you it is not easy once you get into the world of IVF ,ICSI etc.
First time i am meeting someone with the Killer cells i have read about it alot and it was only in the uk i saw people who tested for it. I told my doctor about it and he said i read too much on the internet, and i don't know if i can get tested on my own doing that means out of pocket because without doctors orders my insurance will not pay for it
. I have had IUI'S and I pray to God it ends there when i was frustrated once i told my doctor i was ready for IVF and he said no that i was still young and he was confident I will have a baby with IUI any way i am waiting on God's PROMISE because as a Doctor he can say all he can say, we can spend all the money we want until God has it stamped signed sealed and delivered I AM JUST A SITTING DUCK.

I thought that the Uk Health system payed for most of the treatments? So it is all out of pocket?Here my doctor has something called shared risk you pay about 20grand or more if it is ICSI and they give you 6 tries if nothing happens they refund your money. Lots of people take advantage of this because dishing out 10 grand per cycle is suicidal!!!!.
I really am sorry for things not going the way you want but it just takes one just one wink
Wish you the very best for your upcoming ICSI
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 12:29am On May 05, 2010
Arlington, the funniest thing is all our bloods get sent to Chicago, it's called Nk assay. NHS does pay but only if you've been trying for three years and it's a post code lottery, some people can be so lucky but it literally depends on where you live.

If you can get your blood drawn up, their details is as follwos:

Clinic Immunology Lab CLIA ID #14D0646416
3333 Green Bay Road
North Chicago, IL 60064
(847) 578- 3444
email: clinlab@rosalindfranklin.edu

Are you unexplained? is that the reason you're doing IUI.

if you read the book ' Is Your Body Baby-Friendly?: Unexplained Infertility, Miscarriage and IVF Failure, Explained, it explains alot.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 12:39am On May 05, 2010
Arlington, go to the website: haveababy.com and click on the forum.

Dr Sher and all top doctors post there, you can post a question on there and a doctor will reply you.

I hope it helps, a friend just had a successful cycle with Dr Sher tho she's way older than me.

Beetle
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 8:54am On May 05, 2010
Arlington:

Hello hello everyone how are you all doing hope great. I am happy to see people are coming here again (but not in a good way if you know what i mean i would be happy if no one had to come be in this situation) @My peace how far?@Stages big belle where you dey hope you and baby are doing great. Venuss where are you i hope you have good news .

@ Bettle how are you, where are you ? Do you live in Nigeria? If you do what clinic is doing ICSI just curious?
I can eat spinach just like any veggie but Broccoli hummmmmmmmmm unless there is no other food i am not just a veggie person i don't eat any steamed veggie carrot string beans etc tongue

Arlington we are doing just fine. this baby dey kick me too much oooo
attimes she kicks so much so that i get scared something is wrong but
when she does not kick hmmmmm i get worried lol
I visit this thread every single day even though i don't post all the time.

and i pray it all works well for u ladies just like it worked for me.
@ Beetle
i feel ur story
just know there is a particular month designed for u to conceive and
it will come to pass.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 10:45am On May 05, 2010
Its been one year 4 months and 5 days since I lost my baby shortly after birth to asphixiation due to meconium ingestion, and I ve been ttc since. I feel so sad sometimes. Does any one feel this way or is it me.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:09pm On May 05, 2010
@ Beetle hello,
Can you imagine CHICAGO my backyard here? That is crazy i will have to call Chicago first to see what they say . Thank you so much for the info, yes My enemy is unexplained ohhhhhhhhhhh. That is why IUI is the route i have gone.will check the websites as well and see thanks again.

@ Stages That is fantastic news let the baby kick well oh grin so you have rest of mind i can just imagine after all this we have gone through the child will grow up and you tell the child go and do this and he/she says no kai shocked hummmmmmmmm . You are in my prayers the wait is almost over.

@ Sammiejo i saw this post hours ago and i did not even know what to say You have every right to be sad, this is a huge loss and i can not even start to imagine how you feel inside . I pray God gives you the strength to be well body mind and soul. I had 2 miscarriages and did not even get up to 4 months and i still sit down some days and cry . just from the day you know you are pregnant you become protective you fall in love with what you have not seen that is when you instantly become a mother. I can not get my head round what it is like to get all the way to 9 months and this happens. Just be strong and know your baby is in a better place i am so sorry for your loss.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 8:02pm On May 05, 2010
Arlington:

@ Beetle hello,
Can you imagine CHICAGO my backyard here? That is crazy i will have to call Chicago first to see what they say . Thank you so much for the info, yes My enemy is unexplained ohhhhhhhhhhh. That is why IUI is the route i have gone.will check the websites as well and see thanks again.

@ Stages That is fantastic news let the baby kick well oh grin so you have rest of mind i can just imagine after all this we have gone through the child will grow up and you tell the child go and do this and he/she says no kai shocked hummmmmmmmm . You are in my prayers the wait is almost over.

@ Sammiejo i saw this post hours ago and i did not even know what to say You have every right to be sad, this is a huge loss and i can not even start to imagine how you feel inside . I pray God gives you the strength to be well body mind and soul. I had 2 miscarriages and did not even get up to 4 months and i still sit down some days and cry . just from the day you know you are pregnant you become protective you fall in love with what you have not seen that is when you instantly become a mother. I can not get my head round what it is like to get all the way to 9 months and this happens. Just be strong and know your baby is in a better place i am so sorry for your loss.
Exactly! I saw it,couldn't think of what to say and just left NL.
@ Sammiejo please take heart.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 2:37pm On May 06, 2010
Thanx Ladies.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 4:24pm On May 07, 2010
I have been coming here to read but not posting. Thank you for starting this support thread.

I have been married for 30 month and not pregnant even for a day. Unexplained infertility.

Pls the preseed you talk about is it readily available in Nigeria?

Baby dust to everyone. The Lord will answer us soon. Amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 4:49pm On May 13, 2010
@AratOluda,
yes. i bought it in ikeja.
i will look for the address and post it later.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 6:49pm On May 17, 2010
Ladies,

where is everyone?

Any BFP ?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:22am On May 18, 2010
Beetle:

Ladies,

where is everyone?

Any BFP ?

God will help us to register BFP in this thread! l cant wait to hear goodnews.

My period just arrived over the wkend, but dont know why it didnt run as usual. Does folic acid affects period, maybe reducing the quantity and the menstral pain? l took a lot of folic acid last cycle and there was a great change this cycle.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 8:01pm On May 18, 2010
I hv just taken a pregnancy test & it came out positive.pls sm1 should advice me on what 2 avoid during pregnancy.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 8:11pm On May 18, 2010
luvly:

I hv just taken a pregnancy test & it came out positive.pls sm1 should advice me on what 2 avoid during pregnancy.
Hai! Congratulations!!!!!!!! My dear please don't do anytthing stressful o! And don't take any drug without a doctor's prescription not even paracetamol. Congrats.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 10:04pm On May 18, 2010
Thanks dearie,i want 2 know if there are foods 2 avoid during pregnancy.i like chewing garri a lot,will it affect d pregnancy?its my 1st time pls.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:52am On May 19, 2010
luvly:

Congratulations!! The most important thing now is your PRENATAL VITAMINS. l dont think chewing garri will harm the baby, but it does not contribute any nutritional value to the baby. leave the junks and fill urself with healthy foods.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 11:03am On May 19, 2010
luvly:

Thanks dearie,i want 2 know if there are foods 2 avoid during pregnancy.i like chewing garri a lot,will it affect d pregnancy?its my 1st time pls.
Well I do know that you shouldn't eat anything that isn't properly cooked. Just take care of yourself well during this first 3 months and eat well. not junk but healthy foods. You need your vitamin but i think it's best you see a doctor before you take any drug.
Foods to avoid: junk food!!!! Your baby needs all the fruit and veggies it can get. Congrats.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 12:35pm On May 19, 2010
Thanks my peace & Edajamen,dis has really helped.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rosejen(f): 5:23pm On May 19, 2010
i am 12 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy, ulra sound sacn revealed that i have an ovarian cyst in my left ovary which is about 5.8, and the doctor said in some cases it grows but woulld be bad if it gets bursted or twisted, because when such occurs i will be operated upon ( God forbid) but in most cases the cyst remains there untill the baby is born then i will be operated upon to remove it. he said i should pray that it doesnt grow beyond proportion.

pls help me with an advise if you really know about this cyst of a thing in a pregnant woman and also pray along with me cos i cant afford to loose this baby.

thank you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:59am On May 20, 2010
rosejen:

i am 12 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy, ulra sound sacn revealed that i have an ovarian cyst in my left ovary which is about 5.8, and the doctor said in some cases it grows but woulld be bad if it gets bursted or twisted, because when such occurs i will be operated upon ( God forbid) but in most cases the cyst remains there untill the baby is born then i will be operated upon to remove it. he said i should pray that it doesnt grow beyond proportion.

pls help me with an advise if you really know about this cyst of a thing in a pregnant woman and also pray along with me cos i cant afford to loose this baby.

thank you

Dont be afraid, HE that planted the baby, is more than able to keep it. However ask the doctor if there is anything u can do to reduce the size, why leaving it to chances.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 3:28pm On May 20, 2010
@masido

Thanks alot. I was able to get from Medplus in VI.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 4:53pm On May 20, 2010
AratOluda:

@masido

Thanks alot. I was able to get from Medplus in VI.

how much did you buy it at medplu pls. that place is closer to my office.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 11:13am On May 21, 2010
Posted by: rosejen
Insert Quote

thank you

Posted by: luvly
Insert Quote

Thank you GOD. these are the sorts of news we want to be sharing on TTC every week. Even though Arlington once expressed her displeasure over continue growth in the no of people on TTC wink sharing the bad news, we can keep on increasing as long as we share such news as these.

Oh LORD, let the good news be our portion. Arlingnton, ejademen et al not forgetting of course - my lovely wife

Congrats to luvly and rosejen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 11:15am On May 21, 2010
@MyPeace

I got it for 3000 naira. It came in a tube with six applicators.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 11:23am On May 21, 2010
AratOluda:

@MyPeace

I got it for 3000 naira. It came in a tube with six applicators.

Thank you. l havent seen it b4 except online, so l dont understand the useage, does it mean that tube will last for six times?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 1:00pm On May 21, 2010
It depends on u and the amount you use at a go. The tube will last more than six times and you can wash the applicator and reuse. As long as the applicator is bacteria free, you can reuse it.

All the best and baby dust
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 12:06am On May 25, 2010
Where has everyone gone?or is dis thread dying just like dat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.