Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5394674 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2010
MyPeace:

How are u doing? long time u posted here, how far about you? l got that book as xmas gift last December, lt was the bomb! l need to read it again this time around!

@ MyPeace

am good o, its actually been long, i just needed rest and one of the ways is to check in the thread, read, learn and leave. anyways the confessions gave me the first positive report ever, a gestational sac queried whether it was true or the radiologist dint see well, it was a testimony for us and we believe its the beginning of new things, although i eventually saw my full period at an earlier date, i was not deterred because ave judged HIM faithfully who has promised. We follow instructions and we know it shall be well and with all waiting mothers on this thread, it shall be well with us all.

another thing is that laparoscopy procedure was advised by my gyn, i don't know what it really entails in nigeria here, cos on the net i read you will be discharged after a few hours, but when i made my enquiries today, the man said i will be discharged the following day, my hubby is not convenient with that and thus no agreement yet, anyone in the house with a firsthand experience and info?

thanks and never stop praying
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2010
@Aladunni,
Pls where in lagos can i get the book(supernatural childbirth)?
I'll like to read it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2010
masido:

@Aladunni,
Pls where in lagos can i get the book(supernatural childbirth)?
I'll like to read it.

i think you can get it in any christian bookshop, i dont stay in Lagos anymore but i used to know a place in Alaka/Surulere side
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2010
@Aladunni,
ok,thanks.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oln: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2010
my dear friends,how are u all doin?iv read tru your various write-ups from d very first page and i was realllllly touched cry.thot about telling u all about the testimony my friend had after a very long wait for child conception and i said il share it with u all.she said she never believed in d efficacy of most of these pregnancy induced ointments and tablets until she tried pre-seed and it worked for her.she is presently 3mths gone to the glory of God.for more information u cld visit their website www.preseed.com. pls feel free to share your opinions if uv tried this product
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2010
l have read so much about this pre-seed huhhhh

However friends, how is everybody doing? l have decided to really change my meal. l dont just eat anything for the sake of it, but things that will help me in this situation and also to remain healthy. l have found among various things, that cabbage veggie and wheat meal are very good for us. cabbage contains cruciferous, which is good for hormonal balance, and whole wheal meal is very very good, had almost everything a good prenatal vitamins has. so instead of eating eba, amala, semo etc, replace it with whole wheat meat. dont just buy already processed ones, buy the raw ones from any local market, ground it into powder, there you go! Eat it for one week, you must notice a different in your system!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2010
@all,
i think oln is right about pre-seed.i've been reading about it too and i've starting using it since last month.i hope it helps.
you guys should try it too, with God on our side, it will work for us.
cheers all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2010
MyPeace:

l have read so much about this pre-seed huhhhh

However friends, how is everybody doing? l have decided to really change my meal. l dont just eat anything for the sake of it, but things that will help me in this situation and also to remain healthy. l have found among various things, that cabbage veggie and wheat meal are very good for us. cabbage contains cruciferous, which is good for hormonal balance, and whole wheal meal is very very good, had almost everything a good prenatal vitamins has. so instead of eating eba, amala, semo etc, replace it with whole wheat meat. dont just buy already processed ones, buy the raw ones from any local market, ground it into powder, there you go! Eat it for one week, you must notice a different in your system!
I was doing this just before I took in last year just because I couldn't find processed ones where I lived grin maybe it helped me take in grin but now I buy processed ones cry I shall repent smiley Also I will try to eat the dreaded cabbage sad

Thanks for the info wink

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:08am On Apr 29, 2010
masido:

@all,
i think oln is right about pre-seed.i've been reading about it too and i've starting using it since last month.i hope it helps.
you guys should try it too, with God on our side, it will work for us.
cheers all.

is the preseed readily available at at pharm. store? l may want it give it a trial.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Edymontana(m): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2010
Hi all forums,
My heart goes out to everyone with this problem. I appreciate what you are going through being that my wife and I are going through a similar thing.
Making it worse are the various conflicting ideas one finds while consulting different doctors and on the web. For my wife and I, we have decided to take things easy a bit having done our best so far.
Most importantly, however, is completely relying on Jehovah God to do what is best for us.
Pls take good care of youselves.

Meanwhile, does anyone know where home pregnancy test kits could be purchased in Nigeria - preferably in Port Harcourt?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Edymontana

home pregnancy test kits is available at mostly every pharm store in Nig. Though l stay in Lagos but l know you will see it at any pharm store in PH. it cost N50.00 per one.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2010
pls could pains in d lower abdomen in form of menstrual pain be a sign of pregnancy?regards 2 all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Edymontana(m): 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2010
@MyPeace

Thanks. We'll (My wife and I) check it out.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2010
luvly:

pls could pains in d lower abdomen in form of menstrual pain be a sign of pregnancy?regards 2 all.
Never heard of that,you should do a home preg test or go to a lab to confirm

@ Mypeace and others, so o! Period has refused to resume but spotting began yesterday just as I was about to go to a gyneacologist. Should I wait and observe or still visit a doctor?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 8:25am On Apr 30, 2010
what about frequent urination.i know its not std so what could it be?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2010
luvly:

what about frequent urination.i know its not std so what could it be?
Yes that is a sign of pregnancy but do a pregnancy test if you think you are pregnant to be sure.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ejadamen:

Never heard of that,you should do a home preg test or go to a lab to confirm

@ Mypeace and others, so o! Period has refused to resume but spotting began yesterday just as I was about to go to a gyneacologist. Should I wait and observe or still visit a doctor?

What kind of spotting are u having?  if its a dirty, see your gyn, but if it seems normal, the one that comes before the main period, give urself some time.  But it its unusual for you, whatever the kind, see your gyna

l am in my 2ww, woww!!!!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2010
MyPeace:

What kind of spotting are u having?  if its a dirty, see your gyn, but if it seems normal, the one that comes before the main period, give urself some time.  But it its unusual for you, whatever the kind, see your gyna

l am in my 2ww, woww!!!!!!
I'm even confused. I would say it is dirty. It has increased from spotting but is not up to normal flow. maybe my body is adjusting/regulating? undecided

What is 2ww?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
Dirty is not good, it usually means infection, l could be wrong. l would say leave it till this weekend, by next week you take a step if it doesnt lead to normal period.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
when can u do d home pg test,is it before or after missed period.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 11:20am On May 01, 2010
MyPeace:

Dirty is not good, it usually means infection, l could be wrong. l would say leave it till this weekend, by next week you take a step if it doesnt lead to normal period.
It turned to normal period cheesy whew!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 10:00am On May 02, 2010
Hi Girls,

I haven't posted for a while and I hope you lots are doing fine and any1 got pregnant since the last time I posted??

I'm getting prepared for my 4th ICSI sometime this year and looking for regime of vitamins to use but will get there eventually IA.

When you say it's dirty, do you mean it's brown, apparently according to Dr Toth from USA (he's a popular doc on the web) it cld be a sign of infection. Have you ever done a swab to test for ureaplasma, mycloplasma
Beetle
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 10:03am On May 02, 2010
@ luvly, at what period of your cycle do you feel the pain, could be implantation pain, some people get that and some people don't.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 1:52pm On May 02, 2010
it started few days after my period.i hv been sleeping wit my husband before & after d pain.will be expecting my period anytime dis wk.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 8:21pm On May 02, 2010
Beetle:

Hi Girls,

I haven't posted for a while and I hope you lots are doing fine and any1 got pregnant since the last time I posted??

I'm getting prepared for my 4th ICSI sometime this year and looking for regime of vitamins to use but will get there eventually IA.

When you say it's dirty, do you mean it's brown, apparently according to Dr Toth from USA (he's a popular doc on the web) it cld be a sign of infection. Have you ever done a swab to test for ureaplasma, mycloplasma
Beetle

It was a initially but that is gone now, like I said it turned to normal period after a day. Been a while since I had regular period so I'm out of touch grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 5:16pm On May 03, 2010
Thanks all for your advise
I have read so much  about spinach & brocholli. Pls where can I get them in lagos, from herb sellers? carbage sellers and what are their yoruba names?

Pls my people, make una no say ma wahala dey too much. After getting these plants, what is the best way of consuming them to achieve the desired result
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 7:57pm On May 03, 2010
Spinach is what the Nigerians in UK eat to replace efo, it's a leafy vegetable.

Broccoli is a plant that can be eaten raw or steamed.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:34am On May 04, 2010
@ Beetle

thank you for those pix, l have read about spinach and broccoli, though they are in the same family with cabbage, that while l make do with cabbage, cos l dont seem to know them.  But now with this pix l know broccoli, just that l didnt know the name before now (lol)  l go visit my mallam soon for it,

Ejadamen:

It turned to normal period cheesy whew!

thank God for it!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nikinash(f): 1:25pm On May 04, 2010
I stumbled on this thread recently and wished such a thread had existed while i was TTC, but thank God for Arlington for starting this thread. I would just like to share my experiences with you all whilst you wait, believing God for your bundles of joy.

One thing I know is that a lot of men don't get the pain a woman goes through trying to conceive, they just don;t get it but I pray for you that God will make your husbands your true partners.

I waited for almost 5 years before I had my first baby and and i just couldn't understand why I couldn't conceive. After the first year anniversary, which I considered long enough, I went to the doctor for explanations and tests and all that. The first doctor pissed me off and I left and got myself another one through a friend I knew who had experienced delays too. And I would like to say to you ladies that if you are with a doctor who treats you like rubbish, change hospital. I can't imagine the experience the poster shared where they were doing tests without even being told the results. I honestly think there is little worse experience a woman goes through than all the tests we have to endure in the name of looking for a baby. Some of those tests are so gross and uncomfortable especially when its a male doctor performing them, but what can we do?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:31pm On May 04, 2010
Hello hello everyone how are you all doing hope great. I am happy to see people are coming here again (but not in a good way if you know what i mean i would be happy if no one had to come be in this situation) @My peace how far?@Stages big belle where you dey hope you and baby are doing great. Venuss where are you i hope you have good news .

@ Bettle how are you, where are you ? Do you live in Nigeria? If you do what clinic is doing ICSI just curious?
I can eat spinach just like any veggie but Broccoli hummmmmmmmmm unless there is no other food i am not just a veggie person i don't eat any steamed veggie carrot string beans etc tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.