Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5401082 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Apple19: 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
Apple19:
Hope our weekend was great Mamas... Pls I need help o. Can anyone help me with a good and affordable Gynae in Abuja? It's urgent pls AF showed it's ugly sef yesterday. Getting to the Gynae at the beginning of this cycle might aid proper approach. This Ntnal hosp guys are just playing with my age.

Pls am still expecting your replies oooo.
Note: anywhere in town or close to town will be Appreciated.

@techarie&Lightening..... HMA to you fruitful mamas, your joy shall be full it shall be a period of awakening of your organs to conceptions in Jesus name
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Happy Wedding Anniversary to all our mummys
you all will celebrate your next WA with your Lovely
babies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hafsat24(f): 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
@mumydidi..thanks plenty..may the good Lord answer our prayers
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ayaakanoh: 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Apple19:

@techarie&Lightening..... HMA to you fruitful mamas, your joy shall be full it shall be a period of awakening of your organs to conceptions in Jesus name
udoomama:
cathyibok tanx dear, I stay far from kubwa, Karu precisely, I started with Asokoro hospt oo, d Dr I met was Dr Maimagani, a very good gyn, but when I went there the 2nd tym, anoda Dr attended to me, so I wasn't comfortable with the changing of Dr's, a friend directed me to her Dr, she is a very good gyna, she is a visiting gynecologist with Sisters of Nativity Jikowyi, and she comes in only on Thursdays, her name is Dr Biggs Makka.

@apple19 this is from one of our mamas thst stays in abuja.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
Legendsmother, Thanx Ma'am. Ur response has gladdened my hrt.... now tubes and all abt the pelvic girdle area is cleared. i'm awaiting my hormonal assay result. Thanks once again. Sprinkling fertile dusts on you and everyone here.

I forgot to mention that my gynae also asked I do an OGTT test (test for glucose) and it came out fine. Has anyone here been asked to do an OGGT test and for what purpose?, cud it be because of PCOS?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoomama(f): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
miraclebaby:
@udoomama please go ahead and buy. It can be started at any point in your cycle.@udoomama and tatacherie HWA. Next year will be better. @tatacherie and QueenEsther2013 welcome and have a fruitful stay @rejoice03 and Redeemed thanks dearie. @omowunmigan you're welcome. Why I mentioned those hospitals is because of your several losses. Not all of them are quick to recommend Ivf, unless there's a problem. Since you normally take in, they'll have to monitor you and place you on progesterone supplement once its confirmed till danger period is over. Major expense will be tests to run. I don't know any of them as I don't stay in lagos. I'm just writing based on review. You may try Olive branch. Or you can ask on ivf thread, a mum had bfp last month while planning for ivf in one of those, just at preliminary tests. @MummyEsther ok, lets hope for the best. 5days flow is still normal.
Miraclebaby it's not my anniversary oooo smiley, its ligthening1 and tatacherie. Tanx anyways
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoomama(f): 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
ayaakanoh:

@apple19 this is from one of our mamas thst stays in abuja.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoomama(f): 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
Apple19:

@apple19, the one I know is at jikwoyi, dnt know if it's far from you. She works in another hospt in town, but dnt know the name of the hospt, she comes only on Thursdays to sisters of nativity jikwoyi.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ramcie(f): 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
@Apple19 the one I know is in Gwarinpa Pm me so I can send you her number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cathyibok(f): 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
@Ramcie.... Pls I also need d number. Gwarrinpa is close to where I stay. Thanks.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
@legendsmother, Thanx for the detailed response. i'm yet to collect the result but the lab guy said my levels are okay and i'm nt diabetic. Do u think i'll still be placed on metformin for pcos?.. sorry for the plenty qstns.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ramcie(f): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
cathyibok:
@Ramcie.... Pls I also need d number. Gwarrinpa is close to where I stay. Thanks.

Have sent the number to your email.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cathyibok(f): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
@Ramcie......Thanks sis. Got it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ramcie(f): 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
@legendsmother, All will be well in Jesus name. Will update d house with the hormonal assay result as soon as I get it. Thanks for ur quick and detailed response.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
good evening beautiful mamas. just checking in on us. tighthen ur seat belts cos the rain of BFBs is about to begin. caaaattchhhh it grin. rrrrecieve it cheesy.
@tatacherie. thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ramcie:
Plz my dear sisters has anyone used letrozole ? And how effective is it? I'm to start using it so I want to know. Clomid didn't work for me after 3 attempts unlike before where I took in on the first dose. Plz help a sister out.

Bfore I comment is it d letrozole dats also called femara?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
mompurity2:
@legendsmother, All will be well in Jesus name. Will update d house with the hormonal assay result as soon as I get it. Thanks for ur quick and detailed response.

Ya welcome hun anytime smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ramcie(f): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
legendsmother:

Bfore I comment is it d letrozole dats also called femara?

It's just letrozole that's written on the pack 2.5mg
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakky26(f): 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=miraclebaby post=32658135] Please just use one. Fertilaid is more common, while fertility blend is costlier. Body differs so just try one and see if there's any response within 3months. Both contains vitex in smaller amount so I don't think there's need to add vitex unless you want to use just vitex. The vit c is not the normal one you know, this is of higher dose 1000g and to be swallowed not chewed. If you get that of 500mg, then take two tabs.[/quote

where can i get the special vit c.is it d samething as vitex. pls reply
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anewdawn: 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ramcie:
Plz my dear sisters has anyone used letrozole ? And how effective is it? I'm to start using it so I want to know. Clomid didn't work for me after 3 attempts unlike before where I took in on the first dose. Plz help a sister out.

Letrozole is btter than clomid. Thou more expensive. Its d same with femera.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
XXXXXXXXXX

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
Anewdawn:

Ok then cause I know of femara I guess dats just a brand name then.....i hear it's better than clomid.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
@imoge for the records am not a Doc grin am a Biomedical lab scientist I preety much do a lot of lab test and wrk alonside doctors for normal range and all dat @ d hospital I just finished my IT.

@imoge for day 21 progesteron level just so u know your corpus luteum is the gland formed in the ovary from the ovulated follicle(s). It makes progesterone and  and estradiol that is secreted in to the blood and causes the lining of the uterus to become secretory. Blood level of progesterone in the middle of the luteal phase of level greater than 30nmol/l suggest that the endometrial effect of the progesterone is likely to be sufficient to assist an embryo implanting in the uterus.

Therefore it's easier to say
1. Progesterone  > 30nmol/l – ovulation has occurred and the corpus luteum is producing sufficient progesterone to induce adequate secretory changes in the endometrium to assist implantation.

2. Progesterone 3-30 nmol/l – ovulation has occurred more than10 days ago or less than 5 days ago, or if ovulation did occurr 5-10 days ago, the level is probably not adequate to sustain endometrial growth for satisfactory implantation. 

3. Progesterone >120 nmol/l – two or more follicles have been recruited

4. Progesterone < 3nmol/l – no ovulation in previous 14 days.

All this values are for CD21 reference only
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
@ everyone am not a Doc oooo, I wrk in a lab and am preety sure we all are here for answers I am here for answers too I only answer the tings am sure of I woondt say wah I don't know @imoge and evryone here am also TTcing lol, since I wrk in a hospital I talk wif my RE a lot I ask a lot of questions and am very open minded if I see an opportunity to help wif d litu I know I try my best to explain throughly

Cause the truth is we just go to docs and they ask us to do things most of them are foor our good but it's good to ask and know what we are really getting into

***baby dust to all my mamas***

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 8:20am On Apr 14, 2015
@legendsmother well done dear. @udoomama no mind my phone, scattered my work and in retyping, I didn't notice the error. @Flakky26 it could be because Fertilaid is more common in Naija. The price online is higher. You can check it out. Last I checked, it was around $34 while fertilaid is $28 @Ramcie letrozole is good but must be strictly on doctor's prescription. You need to be monitored incase it doesn't go down well with your body system. Hope for the best. @all good morning and fruitful day to us all. Baby dust everywhere.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ramcie(f): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2015
Anewdawn:

Thanks sis
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ramcie(f): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2015
miraclebaby:
@legendsmother well done dear. @udoomama no mind my phone, scattered my work and in retyping, I didn't notice the error. @Flakky26 it could be because Fertilaid is more common in Naija. The price online is higher. You can check it out. Last I checked, it was around $34 while fertilaid is $28 @Ramcie letrozole is good but must be strictly on doctor's prescription. You need to be monitored incase it doesn't go down well with your body system. Hope for the best. @all good morning and fruitful day to us all. Baby dust everywhere.

Thanks so much sis.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 14, 2015
XXXXXXXXXX

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.