Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H (983 Views)

'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun / Buhari Is No Hater Of Women – Adeosun, Finance Minister / Nigeria Is Not Sick” We Don’t Need IMF Loans – Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by unite4real: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2016
The Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun has addressed the ongoing protest by workers of the Ministry of Finance over non payment of allowance estimated to be about N1.2 billion.

Responding to the protest, the Finance Minister noted that the days of paying special allowances to civil servants are far behind.

Kemi Adeosun, speaking today in Abuja said: “When I said at the start of my tenure that I would restore fiscal responsibility to our economy, it was no idle promise. The money we spend is not our money, it belongs to the Nigerian people.

“We need to justify every naira and at a time when all Nigerians are suffering the consequences of the financial crisis inherited from previous administrations, we simply cannot afford to pay out special bonuses to civil servants. Those days are gone.”‎

http://www.herald.ng/finance-minister-kemi-adeosun-shocks-protesting-ministry-workers/#q6YVgoLWvQMqhO6T.99

1 Like

Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by Noloss(f): 11:40am On Jun 23, 2016
Hein, e go better oo.
Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 23, 2016
e go better. ..
Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by bender79: 11:45am On Jun 23, 2016
Very good my sweet heart kemi.
Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2016
And the N30m housing allowance they claimed you approved for your self belongs to?

Zimbabwe?

Clear the air on that allegation please, we want transparency in all dealings.

Because the last time we checked, ministers claimed they could not afford homes.

5 Likes

Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by dannytoe(m): 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
But you have time to collect your own allowance Abi, or u nor join the ministers, when dey cry buhari for accommodation allowance. after taking salary......

1 Like

Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by dunkem21(m): 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
But she collected her own allowance from Libya..

Clowns undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by youngeagle(m): 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
This what happens when you appoint egiots at the helm of affairs,imagine what a minister saying while she collects her own allowances in full.

1 Like

Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by Businessideas: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
I'm sure the workers are being misinformed by their leaders, there's no way the minister of finance would have collected N30million as bonus and speak boldly and frankly to the protesting workers.
I think it is unfair to the public for her to just stop at cancelling the illegal bonuses, the Nigerian public has a right and deserves to know the illegal bonus amount collected by each worker,how is it calculated , who approved it,for how long has this been going on and how much of the tax payers money was used to fund such illegal bonuses until the time she stopped it. She would be serving our interest even better if she can call in the EFCC.
Finally, Kemi should transfer these disgruntled overpampered staff out from her ministry because they will resort to sabotage and fraud to maintain their false lifestyles

2 Likes

Re: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun Shocks Protesting Ministry Workers Read More At H by Babacele: 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
na sooo.

(1) (Reply)

I Think PMB Is, For Once, Correct. / From Sai Baba To Kai Baba / BREAKING News:imo State On Fire,herdsmen Kill 2 Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.