Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. (36973 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / My Bad Experience Using An Itel Phone / Emeka Oparah Of Airtel Visits 4-Year-Old Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by JayJustus(m): 1:14am On Jun 24, 2016
boss1310:
ain't nobody to blame there but yourself, first you went to a market and start transaction with people you met outside and not somebody you met in his shop.do you really think they are there to help you and not to make profits off you,so if you get to airports you talk to people standing at the doors and not those behind the desk or counters.are you a Nigerian at all
secondly you already start playing tribal card,hmmm we still have a long way to go in this country cos I also remember someone on this forum blaming the Yorubas when he was duped at computer village.tribes don't commit crimes individuals do
thirdly when you made that mistake you should have looked for market authorities and lay your complain they will return your phone and evict those touts cos that's their policy at Emeka offor but you chose to run back home to post it on Nairaland. you fall mugu like the whites

sorry but some tribes are peculiar to crime I mean some crimes are peculiar to certain tribes I mean peculiar are tribes to crimes...

let's be factual ... it's not an Igbo man that bombs neither is it an Hausa fella that carries white powder in south east Asia hahahahah
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by datigbogirl: 2:30am On Jun 24, 2016
donhils:
You should not have allowed them scan anything for you in the first place. Anyways, u didn't know. Sorry.
But what those guys are doing is totally wrong and should be condemned.
Op if u won't do business with an Igbo man again, that probably means u may never do business with anybody again. Another thing you could've done was simply go out and look for those Mopol guys around, bring them there and all your problems would be solved.

B4 he comes back his ipads would have vanished but bsaying you should av changed it for them oh.... You too gentle na d problem be dat... If na me i no care if them beat me to death but I'll cause a scene there walahi! Na only gun and knife i fear but any other thing we go scatter dat place ni.... I swear to God!
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by boss1310(m): 3:40am On Jun 24, 2016
JayJustus:

sorry but some tribes are peculiar to crime I mean some crimes are peculiar to certain tribes I mean peculiar are tribes to crimes...

let's be factual ... it's not an Igbo man that bombs neither is it an Hausa fella that carries white powder in south east Asia hahahahah
let's be factual my dear,you see that your reasoning right there was one of the failures of forefathers of this country and one of the major reasons why this country is still stuck where it is now.
when our founding fathers were nepotistic most of them even though were educated have not seen or dealt much with people of other tribes and didn't trust them but if after many years and the global education you received you still tag crimes and evil with certain tribes at this your generation then Nigeria is yet to get out of its conundrum in 60 to 100 years because you are the leader of tomorrow and will still steer the ship of Nigeria same way it has always been
nepotism is the practice that make someone think his tribe or race is better than others and my experience has taught me that even a stranger can be more influential in your life than your own blood but if you set out in life trusting no one but your own you might end up not knowing much,the whites rules this world today because they set out from their own homes to associate with other races who because of their timidity became their subject
its very appalling to see young people call themselves name checkers on Nairaland and even have fun with it personally its very shameful.Hausa men carry powder likewise Yoruba and igbo if you have custom or immigration friends ask them I travel a lot so I know these things,Hausa don't throw bombs peculiarly as all bombs in the north were by terrorists who don't affiliate themselves with any tribe but with their own crazy beliefs in a religion.
I hate people being nepotistic as it has been the major cause of wars and destruction in this world with religion for years and it still make no sense.when we see animals fighting for territories we call them common animals why don't they learn how to live along but we that claim to be higher animals do even worse,finally am not used to replying all quotes to me but I decided to do so you at least think about what I just told you.thanks
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by SkinnyDude(m): 5:40am On Jun 24, 2016
Viktor1983:

Biko nna no vex, we all In Nigeria do a lot of stereotyping, no one, no tribe is innocent of it,
I'm not promising him anything but I'll try my best.

nsogbu adiro...
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by SkinnyDude(m): 5:50am On Jun 24, 2016
JayJustus:

I thought you were reasonable...
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by chibuzogunners(m): 5:56am On Jun 24, 2016
That is why we are the heart of Nigeria in everything. Igbo people no they carry last especially anambra guys #wegetmoney #wegetpeopleweygoschool
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Alezy(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2016
donhils:
You should not have allowed them scan anything for you in the first place. Anyways, u didn't know. Sorry.
But what those guys are doing is totally wrong and should be condemned.
Op if u won't do business with an Igbo man again, that probably means u may never do business with anybody again. Another thing you could've done was simply go out and look for those Mopol guys around, bring them there and all your problems would be solved.
certainly not emeka ofor plaza....I have witnessed a guy same thing happened to, he left and came back with some army men. to my greatest surprise, those boys refused they carry the repairer away. till the market security came and that's how they solved it there.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by TheGreatIYANU: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2016
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....
Am angry and making this thread from the bus on my way home...
Will i like to do business with an igbo man again?? No......

Thank you for sharing. At least, someone out there will not fall into this thievery!

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by onyeomanono24(f): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Lol, We had similar experience but that was then, anybody wey try dat wayo with me this time i wouldnt mind that i am a lady anyi ga achipu (in phyno's voice) grin grin but like seriously those guys are mean, while i was begging them to pay 1k, i met one guy from my street, i didnt know he was one of them, i thought he owns a shop with genuine business only for him to arrive the scene (i was relieved and thought he got my back) After i finish explaining my ordeal he took me aside and beckoned on me to pay just 2k out of the 5k i willingly pay cos i thought he's on my side, the next thing i turned to see him wt 2 other guys struggling for my money shocked shocked shocked.
Royal155:
Hahahaha! Umu Otu adighi achi! But guy u dull oo! Hw u go allow them intimidate u like that nah?

Back then when I was still novice in this kind of game, I use to give them my memory card to transfer #200 songs at the rate of #20, they'll just copy all music in their system and tell me that my money is #5k. As novice wey i be then, i'll plead with them to collect 2k.

They dare not try it again now. That white house go hear our voice that day.
The thing is, you went there speaking high vocab for them. Then when u see say mata don tie rappa, u then switch to igbo. hahaha!. That's why they saw you as potential maga. I'm in the market, so I know.

N:B never buy or sell any from those agents(OSOAFIA) standing on the road.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Iprofit: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2016
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....
I'm sorry for your bad experience at the market
That's how they behave once they see you are a new face
Next time go with a sharp Street guy
Your only mistake was accepting them scan your phone for repairs which wasn't right

That's their format
Even if you buy new fone there they will tell you to bring it for Antivirus
The moment you accept you have falling a victim

It's a place I know very well

Stay away from those guys calling you at entrance

Enter shops direct

It's not only Emeka offor even computer village

And it's not about igbos

Some people's jobless life has made them heartless

Sorry

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by seunskills: 10:50am On Jun 24, 2016
To read some people's comments blaming the OP is so disgusting, many people blamed the guy who just suffered a loss which shows that an average Nigerian is heartless. For you to blame him means you will dupe your fellow brothers if you have the opportunity. I also noticed that it is dangerous to do business with Ibo person in Nigeria because they must always look for ways to dupe you, other tribes do it too but the risk is higher with Ibos. Before Ibos start to run their mouth, take this as a constructive criticism and strive towards changing for the better because nobody has benefitted on the long run from having terrible reputation and integrity.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Basalt(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2016
bsaying:

Bros you too dull.

When I was in year 2, I went to Emeka offor Plaza to buy my then Nokia E5 (26k then in the year 2012)

After that, One guy asked me if I would like to put music in my phone? I said Yes.

The guy Carried me to a particular place and told Mr to bring the phone, I told him to wait first.

I now brought out the list of music's, I wrote down before coming, I saw told him to put 10 movies for me.

He told me the price for music and movie of which I agreed. Then he now told me that he will put antivirus for me, I asked him how much and he said MTN will charge me.

I told him bluntly that I am not interested in Anti Virus because I don't see how Mtn will charge me for anti virus when I didn't do business with Mtn.

I now asked him how much MTN usually charge for antivirus and he said he doesnt know and I told him to forget it that I am not interested.

I told him that what I have with me is #700 and he should make sure whatever he puts for me does not pass #700.

After everything, he wrote down my bill and gave , he included that same antivirus I told him not to put for me and the thing appeared on his laptop scree that MTN has billed me #5300 For that antiviRus

When I looked at the bill I burst into laughter.
I was billed #15,500 while I bought the phone #26,000.

After laughing, I asked the man what I told him.

He replied "Bia way, I no come here to joke o o, give me my money now or I go design your face "

Before I knew what was happening, about 10men came there and all of them supported him and we're all yelling at me to pay the man.

I replied "Mr man don't even think I am sombOdy You can intimidate, because a simple call and even shout will land you in prison, and as all of you here ,I don't remember doing any business with you, and If you must put your mouth in this matter, then say the truth because I told this man the amount I had with me even before he started.

After all the noise making, threat and blah blah blah, they handed my phone to me and I gave him the #700 and left.

Emeka offor is full of criminals.
Don't use it to generalise your mentality about Igbos.

Such nonsense only happens at Emeka ofor Plaza.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by jude90(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2016
I don't sympathize with u at all cus its ur foolishness if not it wouldn't happen, and mind I have been scammed at sabo in mokola ibadan by yoruba and hausa boys their and I did not tribalize it. so shot up and stop blackmailing the igbo tribe.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by JayJustus(m): 12:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
boss1310:

let's be factual my dear,you see that your reasoning right there was one of the failures of forefathers of this country and one of the major reasons why this country is still stuck where it is now.
when our founding fathers were nepotistic most of them even though were educated have not seen or dealt much with people of other tribes and didn't trust them but if after many years and the global education you received you still tag crimes and evil with certain tribes at this your generation then Nigeria is yet to get out of its conundrum in 60 to 100 years because you are the leader of tomorrow and will still steer the ship of Nigeria same way it has always been
nepotism is the practice that make someone think his tribe or race is better than others and my experience has taught me that even a stranger can be more influential in your life than your own blood but if you set out in life trusting no one but your own you might end up not knowing much,the whites rules this world today because they set out from their own homes to associate with other races who because of their timidity became their subject
its very appalling to see young people call themselves name checkers on Nairaland and even have fun with it personally its very shameful.Hausa men carry powder likewise Yoruba and igbo if you have custom or immigration friends ask them I travel a lot so I know these things,Hausa don't throw bombs peculiarly as all bombs in the north were by terrorists who don't affiliate themselves with any tribe but with their own crazy beliefs in a religion.
I hate people being nepotistic as it has been the major cause of wars and destruction in this world with religion for years and it still make no sense.when we see animals fighting for territories we call them common animals why don't they learn how to live along but we that claim to be higher animals do even worse,finally am not used to replying all quotes to me but I decided to do so you at least think about what I just told you.thanks

well you travel a lot...well I'm TRAVELLED!!! my passport is a stamped book of so many destinations ... let's be honest and remove sentiments the next person that is caught with 1.5kg of coke in a south east Asian country will 90% be an Igbo guy...not hating on igbos but this is a known fact...yeah name checkers started as a result of this consistent trend of which we cannot help again...if people refuse to learn the easy way they gotta learn the hard way...if soft spoken words still don't go through we will resort to jesting...message still not passed we. will tag names...blame other countries for tagging Nigerians as bad people but we all know it was caused by a few bad eggs and if it concerns drugs we can't argue that phenomenon...okay thanks bye!!!
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by boss1310(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
JayJustus:

well you travel a lot...well I'm TRAVELLED!!! my passport is a stamped book of so many destinations ... let's be honest and remove sentiments the next person that is caught with 1.5kg of coke in a south east Asian country will 90% be an Igbo guy...not hating on igbos but this is a known fact...yeah name checkers started as a result of this consistent trend of which we cannot help again...if people refuse to learn the easy way they gotta learn the hard way...if soft spoken words still don't go through we will resort to jesting...message still not passed we. will tag names...blame other countries for tagging Nigerians as bad people but we all know it was caused by a few bad eggs and if it concerns drugs we can't argue that phenomenon...okay thanks bye!!!
no 90% arent igbos as yorubas and other tribes are in it but if you enjoy name calling then am sorry we are where we are,go ahead and enjoy it dear as you think that its working positively in Nigerian unity
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Viktor1983(m): 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
SkinnyDude:
nsogbu adiro...
udo nwanne
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
onyeomanono24:
Lol, We had similar experience but that was then, anybody wey try dat wayo with me this time i wouldnt mind that i am a lady anyi ga achipu (in phyno's voice) grin grin but like seriously those guys are mean, while i was begging them to pay 1k, i met one guy from my street, i didnt know he was one of them, i thought he owns a shop with genuine business only for him to arrive the scene (i was relieved and thought he got my back) After i finish explaining my ordeal he took me aside and beckoned on me to pay just 2k out of the 5k i willingly pay cos i thought he's on my side, the next thing i turned to see him wt 2 other guys struggling for my money shocked shocked shocked.
Hahahahaha! Okwala gi nah! No brother in jungle my dear. Thank God you paid only 2k, u 4 cry like the op did.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by donvicky2007: 11:30am On Jun 25, 2016
franciskaine:
and u too go scam dem sey! Dat phone can be unlocked, ur strategies no reach dere.

The phone wasn't all those London used, I was using the phone when all of a sudden the BlackBerry service went off, I thought maybe is from my service provider, I took to Etisalat office at sapele road in Benin city no solution, I was told it's phone issue, then I have to take it to BlackBerry customer care at Omegatron airport rd Benin city, still no solution, before taking it to all those phone engineers still at airport rd I spent close to 8 hours with him, I was told that the is a branded phone ie Imitation phone and it was locked by BlackBerry company. Then I decided to take it back to Onitsha when the school were am doing my primary assignment as a youth Corper was on holiday that result to the incident.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by ArcToyin(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2016
ify84:
It is not about Igbos.... U were a JJC and maybe, a feeble, or aje butter... Who was pushed around.

how many news have vu heard abt other tribes duping people via trade?
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2016
donvicky2007:

The phone wasn't all those London used, I was using the phone when all of a sudden the BlackBerry service went off, I thought maybe is from my service provider, I took to Etisalat office at sapele road in Benin city no solution, I was told it's phone issue, then I have to take it to BlackBerry customer care at Omegatron airport rd Benin city, still no solution, before taking it to all those phone engineers still at airport rd I spent close to 8 hours with him, I was told that the is a branded phone ie Imitation phone and it was locked by BlackBerry company. Then I decided to take it back to Onitsha when the school were am doing my primary assignment as a youth Corper was on holiday that result to the incident.
sharp guy
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2016
bsaying:

I hate hearing stories like this. Dont embark on things you have little or no experience about.

Police no dey that town ?
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
Royal155:
Hahahaha! Umu Otu adighi achi! But guy u dull oo! Hw u go allow them intimidate u like that nah?

Back then when I was still novice in this kind of game, I use to give them my memory card to transfer #200 songs at the rate of #20, they'll just copy all music in their system and tell me that my money is #5k. As novice wey i be then, i'll plead with them to collect 2k.

They dare not try it again now. That white house go hear our voice that day.
The thing is, you went there speaking high vocab for them. Then when u see say mata don tie rappa, u then switch to igbo. hahaha!. That's why they saw you as potential maga. I'm in the market, so I know.

N:B never buy or sell any from those agents(OSOAFIA) standing on the road.

Lmao.

Its in every market where you have young boys even timber markets.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Konquest: 10:56am On Jun 25, 2017
bsaying:
^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^
grin ... Very insightful experience!

Thanks for sharing this info. Crooks
are everywhere these days and one
has to learn to pay attention to little
details because these guys operate
as a network.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Best Phone 25k Can Get? / My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. / Lastest Selfie Stick In Town....pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.