Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World (3958 Views)

There's No Law Setting Age Of Consent To 18Years / Sexual Consent Form That Went Berserk On Twitter / Age Of Consent? (Sex). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by kay29000(m): 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
What is the meaning of age of consent? It is the legally defined age at which a person is deemed legally competent to consent to sexual activity. Do you know what statutory rape means? It means, if you as an adult have sexual relations with someone who is not up to the age of consent of the country you are in, you can be charged to court for statutory rape. Yep! Even if the girl looks like an adult, and willingly had sex with you, you would have committed a crime. So, today, I decided to look into the list of countries with the lowest age of consent around the world.

Most nations have age of consent between 16 and 18 years of age, but there are some that go really low...as low as 14. Those are the ones I would be listing today. Checkout the list below.

Britain- 16

Norway- 16

Switzerland- 16

France- 15

Denmark- 15

Greece- 15

Croatia- 15

Hungary- 14

Estonia- 14

Italy- 14

Portugal- 14

Germany- 14

Colombia- 14

Brazil- 14

China- 14

Japan- 13

Niger- 13

Burkina Faso- 13

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/06/countries-with-lowest-age-of-consent-in.html

Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by brunofarad(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Following
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by ForeverYoung197(f): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
And mostly are from European countries and Japan has an age consent of 13 shocked ? Woah..
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by kay29000(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
ForeverYoung197:
And mostly are from European countries and Japan has an age consent of 13 shocked ? Woah..

It's mind boggling right? But think about the fact that many alhaji's in the north marry girls of that age range.
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by ForeverYoung197(f): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
kay29000:

It's mind boggling right? But think about the fact that many alhaji's in the north marry girls of that age range.

whoever done the research maybe skipped Nigeria due to boko haram. They dont want to die just like that while doing their research grin

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by kay29000(m): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
ForeverYoung197:

whoever done the research maybe skipped Nigeria due to boko haram. They dont want to die just like that while doing their research grin

Actually, Nigeria's age of consent was listed as 11 on the list. I didn't add that cause they based it off the marriageable age of muslim girls in the north. I didn't see it as an accurate representation for the whole country.
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by Hermanie(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
kay29000:

Actually, Nigeria's age of consent was listed as 11 on the list. I didn't add that cause they based it off the marriageable age of muslim girls in the north. I didn't see it as an accurate representation for the whole country.

Believe me most of those countries, especially from Europe still have less teenage pregnancy rate than our beloved Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by firstking01(m): 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
And yet most of their abortion and single motherhood rate is far lower than ours undecided

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by IamLEGEND1: 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
i know say dem French & italians must dey there.
those guys too like yansh

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by CaptainEColeJnr: 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nigeria's own should be pegged at 12.
Because the way all these girls dey fúck at such young age ehn undecided
It renders the 18 year old age of consent useless

2 Likes

Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
ForeverYoung197:

Not funny.Very poor joke.
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by kay29000(m): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hermanie:

Believe me most of those countries, especially from Europe still have less teenage pregnancy rate than our beloved Nigeria

True tho.
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hermanie:

why do you say that? And why "especially Europe "?
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by Hermanie(m): 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
why do you say that? And why "especially Europe "?

Well sex education contributes alot

I just checked & according to unicef Japan has the lowest rate
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hermanie:

Well sex education contributes alot

I just checked & according to unicef Japan has the lowest rate
So not europe.It's not surprising though.
But the countries that make up Europe are really liberal.
*Have you heard of Germans 'sex museum?
*The uk's new nude restaurant?
*or taly's nude and toplesd beaches?

Though the USA does have nude beaches the law says the age of consent is 18.
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by Breezzy(m): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
I just don't understand it, as in like a man of 60 years can have sxx with a girl of 14 in Hungary, Estonia, Italy, Portugal Germany, Colombia, Brazil and China?
Re: Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World by MasterShifu010(m): 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
ForeverYoung197:
I couldn’t believe it , just googled it , it’s true mehn

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To Fûck Hairy Toto Dey Hungry Me Dis Nite / Check Out This Lovely Pre-wedding Website For A Client / My Brother Shows Of Wads Of Cash, Friends, Cute Face - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.