Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun (28684 Views)

Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants / Salaries Of Politicians & Civil Servants In Nigeria In Hilarious Photo / See Pics Of N165bn Tropicana Project Akpabio Abandoned Yet EFCC Didn't Probe Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by nortcentrallord(m): 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
obailala:
Just a simple question for you... As at February/March 2015 when oil still sold above $70/barrel and when we didnt have the Scavengers shutting down half of our oil production, the world acclaimed Ngozi Iweala borrowed money (twice this present figure) to pay FG worker's salaries. Now in all honesty, did you also label NOI as the biggest shiit to happen to the nation and did you also call for NOI to be relieved of her duty for being clueless?

**Note that I'm not trying to justify the present mess**

If you are not justifying the present, why raise the past as a defence for the present? Why was the past "changed" if things will still have to continue like the past. Be truthful to yourself, what has really changed between the past and the present? Is the present not going and doing exactly the same thing they criticized about the past?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/fg-borrowing-pay-n165bn-civil-service-salaries-adeosun/

Your phone must be an outdated one. Check the link again. Mtcheeww
leave the zombie alone, instead of him to confess he can't open the link because he is managing the 10mb Etisalat dash him on his Itel chunk. Awon high level Zombie's

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Izonpikin: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
Pride and foolishness is what has enveloped this present administration...

Buhari would rather learn the hard way...

Call for a referendum with the Niger delta to arrest the issues at hand NO...

Nonsense....

165billion nairn is what oil sales for a month will take care of...
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by cococandy(f): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
What about all the 'recovered loot'?

Bet me that money if it really exists will never be accounted for. It will be used to furnish the office of the wife of the president who's ironically not the First Lady and the office of the first daughter of the president. undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by amazingspiderma: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
These guys are running free food program,recruitment of more security agents,n-power teacher scheme when they cannot fulfill their basic obligation of paying already employed civil servant salary.This will only increase government spending.
If we have a shortage in funds, on a scale of preference, government expenditure should have been geared towards wealth creation through private sector stimulation and not increasing public debt with programs that has no direct benefit on the nation debt burden. On the contrary private sectors are down sizing.
The problem is not just debt UK,US have debt but the wealth creation is always on the rise.The worth of Google, Facebook etc is steadily on the rise and more jobs are added to the economy.
The major difference between the last administration and this was not debt,but wealth creation. This is cannot be achieved unless there are financial economist in the executive.
So much emphasis on corruption with little attention on wealth creation. This whole noise about the programs for the poor when the middle class is finding it hard to even cope with reality is unbelievable.
Just checked my calendar...., can't believe it is the year 2016.
This government is still talking agriculture, when they should have been talking entrepreneurship which covers all types of businesses. Since they have their own targeted audience, they would rather present programs that are beneficial to specific regions. The agricultural sector needs all other sectors. Trying to sideline anyone or region is like choosing to wash a particular thread color in a whole fabric. It is not just difficult, it is impossible.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by EzeNri(m): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
DropShot:

Shouting"liar" and "zombie" is just a sign of emptiness. Tell us what the crude price was when the Ineffectual Buffoon borrowed money to pay salaries.

The IB also owed pensioners for 34 months which our amiable president recently started paying.

You guys have special capacity for ineffectiveness.
Please who is this Zombie? Your mezaya claimed to have over 3 trillion in TSA, didn't he? Why borrowing again. The chanji crew was voted in to change that "ineffectiveness". Isn't so?
Anyway, I don't blame you. U are a zombie, you must do the work of your programmers. Idiots!

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by ojtech8291: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
Things are going wrong. I supported this government from the start but it seems that they are same(politicians). More than 5 days in minna no single flash from NEPA yet people are still following every decision made by government. If you refused to tell your child his fault he will still repeat the same thing over and over again. I'm disappointed with our journalists because they are all blind or afraid. They should stop face to face confrontation with people and stop unnecessary use of forces on people to follow them. everyone cannot support you, that's the Democracy. Just a common sense! !

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by kcpumping(m): 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
1.mtn paid 50b as settlement
2.stamp duty have generated so many billions within first two months of its introduction.
3. tsa of so many trillion recovered.
4.recovered loot e.g dasuki 2.1billion dollars, abacha so many billions, and so many other revovered millions.
5 tax, oil sales, just to mention a few....

now my question is if goodluck is corrupt and our economy wasnt this bad, how come with all d change, we have been made to pay more for nepa bill but no light, stamp duty nothing to show for it, fuel hike yet we have not seen pallatives let alone dev.

......THINGS FALLS APART.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by akaahs(m): 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
On top say dis government no dey pay subsidy money on anything and yet they still dey borrow money pay salaries.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Guk: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
clefstone:
They keep blaming previous administrations, but during the previous administrations things never got this bad. No light, no money, no food. Next thing they will point at is d price of crude, but the price of crude can affect capital projects not common salary. Afterall, it's not like the crude is now 0 dollar per barrel, it still has half it's value

meanwhile
Teacher: spell lie
Student: L A I
Teacher: not correct
Student: but the man that lied that body odour can generate electricity has 'Lai' as a title before his name Mohammed
Teacher: *faints

Please see here that Okonjo had been borrowing to pay salaries, so, its the previous administration that should be blamed: https://www.nairaland.com/2297853/borrowed-n473bn-pay-salaries-overheads
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Enrichlee(m): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
piagetskinner:
Blame the avengers..they blew all the pipelines, hence no crude to export...no money to offset salaries and what have u
Sarcasm right I thought one man was talking abt his yams d oda time, let us forget abt crude oil and focus on d yams and livestock they brag about nd see whr exactly dat leads us
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by DEOLINX: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
kcpumping:
pls permit me to ask, where is all the money recovered from looters and tsa ? oil I suppose is selling above benchmark, so how come we are to borrow and pay salary when fed.gov is mapping out intervention fund for some state.pls can someone explain to me wht and were we got it all wrong.....is it that adeosun is lying or fed spokes men are not serious.

By Michael Eboh

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/fg-borrowing-pay-n165bn-civil-service-salaries-adeosun/

http://newsrescue.com/finished-looted-nigeria-borrows-billions-to-pay-salaries-run-government-ngozi-okonjo-iweala/#axzz4CRM0ZhzP

Actually the nobody needs to blame the past government for the current mess because they already blamed themselves before handing the carcass to the current government as can be seen from above.

Meanwhile, Around that time, barrel of oik was still around $80 and No one was Avenging and destroying their regions to prevent Nigerians from having gas to generate electricity or sell oil to run the economy.

Also, looted funds are still evidence that cannot be spent and TSA figures does not mean monies generated to be spent.

Proceeds from non- oil revenues have been sustaining this country since saboteurs decided to take food away from all Nigerians for voting looters out of power.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Gamesmart: 10:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
egoldman:

What of the funds recovered from abacha loot ? Oh i forgot they are still prosecuting him , oya clap for urself.

**** So somehow that is supposed to cover all short-falls?
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by decomaniaboss(f): 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:

That's what you lots are good at, Defending the incompetence of this administration by quoting the incompetence of the last.

Is this not supposed to be an era of change??
she have got a point here ,and also more likes .....so pls the one up there ,drop the guns !!! You are simply an abominable zombie..am just passing by thou grin angry
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by obailala(m): 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
nortcentrallord:

If you are not justifying the present, why raise the past as a defence for the present? Why was the past "changed" if things will still have to continue like the past. Be truthful to yourself, what has really changed between the past and the present? Is the present not going and doing exactly the same thing they criticized about the past?
You can never know where you are going without knowing where you have been. It is meaningless for anyone to expect something that happened just last year to be forgotten.

Now once again my I make it clear that I wasnt defending anything. I was only asking a simple question which obviously hasnt been answered yet.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by InvertedHammer: 11:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
clefstone:
They keep blaming previous administrations, but during the previous administrations things never got this bad. No light, no money, no food. Next thing they will point at is d price of crude, but the price of crude can affect capital projects not common salary. Afterall, it's not like the crude is now 0 dollar per barrel, it still has half it's value

meanwhile
Teacher: spell lie
Student: L A I
Teacher: not correct
Student: but the man that lied that body odour can generate electricity has 'Lai' as a title before his name Mohammed
Teacher: *faints
/
Some of you are daft.

Nigerians say "I get am before no be property"

If you have final N2million savings in GTB and GTB folds, what do you do? Of course you will not be able to meet your manly obligations.
The same goes for Nigeria. Billions here, millions here...all embezzled and looted. Yet it never occurred to you that lifestyle will never be the same. You can't eat your cake and have it. GEJ and co-looters already ate your cake. You can call Buhari all you want. Just fasten your belt and enjoy the ride. Bitching online is not going to change anything.
\
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Image123(m): 12:15am On Jun 24, 2016
i seriously refuse to believe this, i need to hear Adeosun say this live by myself. Many hungry journalists don't understand her phonetics.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by CaptPlanet(m): 4:44am On Jun 24, 2016
knightsTempler:
Commercial Banks sacks workers........FGN warns of loss of license

FGN sacks Doctors....................................................................?

"who will warn the warner?

Warner bros

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by pandoras08(m): 6:05am On Jun 24, 2016
We are really in for it in this country. when will d borrowing stop. I think the ppl shld just stop working and look for oda source until they have the funds.
Just saying
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Mintek: 6:07am On Jun 24, 2016
ayindejimmy:

before you put on your armour of argument , first check the source . thats not Vanguard .
This is false news.
Fg that cleared all pension arears early this week

Uncle (except you're one of the hired media spin agents) stop arguing blindly.

The link up there leads to vanguard's official website and is authentic.

You may want to click on it again.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by ASL33: 7:13am On Jun 24, 2016
obailala:
Just a simple question for you... As at February/March 2015 when oil still sold above $70/barrel and when we didnt have the Scavengers shutting down half of our oil production, the world acclaimed Ngozi Iweala borrowed money (twice this present figure) to pay FG worker's salaries. Now in all honesty, did you also label NOI as the biggest shiit to happen to the nation and did you also call for NOI to be relieved of her duty for being clueless?

**Note that I'm not trying to justify the present mess**
Change get no meaning if Adeosun keep repeating that you castigated NOI for.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by clefstone(m): 7:40am On Jun 24, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Some of you are daft.

Nigerians say "I get am before no be property"

If you have final N2million savings in GTB and GTB folds, what do you do? Of course you will not be able to meet your manly obligations.
The same goes for Nigeria. Billions here, millions here...all embezzled and looted. Yet it never occurred to you that lifestyle will never be the same. You can't eat your cake and have it. GEJ and co-looters already ate your cake. You can call Buhari all you want. Just fasten your belt and enjoy the ride. Bitching online is not going to change anything.
\
zombie
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2016
EzeNri:

Zombie, ur messiah was voted in to right the wrongs. Zombie, ur messiah claimed to have over 3 trillion in TSA, why borrowing to pay again?
Ban me and ban ur future! Idiots!!!

You're an animal. Useless buffoon.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 24, 2016
Geniro:

Zombie.

Idiot. Bastard.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by justy15: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2016
Am totally disappointed in the government we voted into power.we fell prey to change hoping a new dawn but it beat my imagination n that of right thinking Nigerians that up till now we still hear things like: in the word of kemi adeosun " financial crisis inherited from past administration, question, was the economy this bad n if it were fix it that's why is called change agenda and stop trading blames for your inefficiencies", we are told that trillions of naira have been recovered from stolen fund yet we want to borrow to pay salary, yet no light, economy in total disarray, average Nigerians dying of hunger and she also told civil servant to get common sense but I put it back to government,' get common sense.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by EzeNri(m): 7:47am On Jun 24, 2016
Activa:

You're an animal. Useless buffoon.
I don't expect anything better from a Zombie.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by limamintruth: 8:03am On Jun 24, 2016
Activa:

You're moving into an opaque area.

Which capital projects were those?

2. What was their value?

3. Were they PAYING for them?

4. What percentage of the budget was capital expenditure? What was the absolute figure?

5. Does it make sense to borrow for salaries while able to afford capital expenditure?

6. By what percentage has the price of crude fallen?

7. Can the recovered loot be spent now?

8. Is there no capital project going on now?

It's good to be fair to all.

At least you've accepted that Okonjo Iweala borrowed to pay salaries, answer these too.

Why then did your apc decieve nigerians into believing that they were coming in to bring CHANGE, rather than maintaining the status quo of the past administration on same issues they vehemently criticized as opposition party
Just admit it that we have never had it so bad as we now have in this buhari regime; simple!
At least, I can vividly remember how we had much better power supply as at the time pdp handed power to your buhari last year. But now, the same ministry of power has suddenly turned to the ministry of darkness; courtesy apc government. undecided
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Bishop210(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2016
She is the worst minister of finance Nigeria ever had clueless like her boss gush another money been borrowed
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by Geniro: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2016
Activa:

Idiot. Bastard.

Mastubat!ng zombie.
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by jude90(m): 11:04am On Jun 24, 2016
haba for this country, after recovering 3tr why are they still borrowing money?
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by kcpumping(m): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
we are still borrowing
Re: FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun by redsun(m): 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
While they are busy wasting hard currencies flooding the forex market and dubiously enrichment themselves and their cohorts in a bid to create an illusion of functional economy.

An economy that can not pay it's work force is a failed one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing / Critics Inciting Youths Against Buhari –lai Mohammed / Mama Biafra, IPOB Supporter, Released From DSS Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.