Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:12 PM

Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! (1236 Views)

See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. / Orji Uzor-Kalu Wins At Appeal As Court Sacks Mao Ohuabunwa / Atiku Wins APC Primaries, Buhari Forms New Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by imomoh24(m): 7:42am On Nov 29, 2006
Reprieve came the way of embattled Vice President Atiku Abubakar from the legal front of his protracted fight with his bosses attempt to disqualify him from running for the 2007 Presidential polls when two separate courts ruled in his favour today.

In one of the ruling yesterday, Justice Abimbola Ogie dismissed a preliminary objection by the government to the Vice President’s suite. The government had in its objection to Atiku’s prayer seeking to void his indictment asked the Court to dismiss the suite for lack of merit. However, Justice Ogie sided with the Vice President by dismissing government objection to the trial.

In the other case, Justice Anwuri Chikere heeded the Vice President’s request to hear the suite challenging the powers of the Code of Conduct Tribunal to try him.

Two agents of the Federal Government- the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Administrative Panel of Inquiry headed by the Federal Attorney General and Justice Minister, Chief Bayo Ojo (SAN) had submitted separate reports indicting him over abuse of office and financial impropriety.

vist:
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1375&Itemid=81&PHPSESSID=e1f16924491a5c766bfef4e017
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by atiku07(m): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2006
hurray atiku is free once again and shame to the critics come 2007 we will be there oh yeah can't wait to cast my vote for him

oh ye critics die away with shame hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by chidichris(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2006
what do u expect? all of us knows that he is guilty of whatever but the problem lies on his readiness to pull everyone down with him.
he had on several occassions threatened to go down with obj if he must go down.
looking at the whole drama, the FG does not have anyother choice than to soft pedal.
that is presidential tussle( a home movie) produced by aso rock as was direct by the only OBJ.
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by habumaks(m): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2006
what do u expect? all of us knows that he is guilty of whatever but the problem lies on his readiness to pull everyone down with him.

@chidichris,

I dont understand the mentality of some Nigerians, particularly people lyk u. This is somebody that has been acquitted by a RECOGNIZED COURT OF LAW in Nigeria. And these judges must have spent a minimum of five years at the University studying Law, a minimum of one year at Law school, and only God knows how may year on the Bench to reach that level. Only for a LAYMAN to disrespect their judgement. Please let's accord these judges the respect they deserve. I rest my case.
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by habumaks(m): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2006
God knows how may year on the Bench

Sorry i meant how many years
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by babyboy2(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2006
The Honourable CJ will soon come up with the true interpretation of the "judgement". Do not hold your breath, it will not favour Atiku.
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by omofineboy(m): 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2006
I hope Bayo Ojo wont give another interpretation, good for atiku bad for OBJ.
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by buchio7(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2006
as i said b4 in an earlier thread,atiku is a resilient and dogged fighter(this does nt validate his candidacy 4 president) and u hav to give it to him, the high court has given him round 1 of the fight, lets see wat the f.g. plays in the next round cause this ius definitely not over,

lets seat back,relax and enjoy the mudslinging
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by otokx(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2006
you people are funny o, has the case been closed or its just a preliminary hearing?
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by Roscodaddy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2006
Vote for a man with balls and liver,Atiku for President.
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by joshO: 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2006
Atiku is going nowhere. He is a ****ing con!! He should retire with baba. This ruling will be overturned in no time.
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by ANDSTEL(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2006
@habumaks
I don't understand the mentality of some Nigerians, particularly people like u. This is somebody that has been acquitted by a RECOGNIZED COURT OF LAW in Nigeria. And these judges must have spent a minimum of five years at the University studying Law, a minimum of one year at Law school, and only God knows how may year on the Bench to reach that level. Only for a LAYMAN to disrespect their judgement. Please let's accord these judges the respect they deserve. I rest my case.

i dont blame u thinking dat wat most people read in school datS WAT theY pratice wen they are out. WHERE IS EQUITY AND JUSTICE WHEN THEY CALL BLACK WHITE , CALL WHITE BLACK ALL B/C THEY WANT ONE TYPE OF FAVOUR OR THE OTHER. HAVE U NOT HEARD OF CASES WHERE ONE COMPETENT COURT OF LAW WILL VINDICATE A PERSON AND LATER ANOTHER COMPETENT COURT OF LAW WILL STILL INDITE THE SAME PERSON BASED ON THE SAME ALLEGATIONS AND FIND THE PERSON GUILTY AND PASS A SENTENC ON DAT PERSSON WEN EVENTUALLY THE CASE WAS BEEN FURTHER SEWED IN THE LATER COURT?. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN , THE LAW COURT NO MATTER HOW COMPETENT, ITS STILL BEEN HANDLED BY HUMAN BEINGS EXPECIALLY IN THIS COUNTRY CALL NIGERIA , I BELEIVE THE LAW IS ONLY EFFECTIVE WEN IT COMES TO JUDGING THE POOR, WEAK AND LESS PREVILEDGE. ONES IT GETS TO AMONGST THE RICH AND STRONG, ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN OK.
SO JUST DISREGARD ISSUE OF LAYMAN OR LENDED MAN HERE.
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by ANDSTEL(m): 11:09am On Nov 30, 2006
@habumaks
I don't understand the mentality of some Nigerians, particularly people like u. This is somebody that has been acquitted by a RECOGNIZED COURT OF LAW in Nigeria. And these judges must have spent a minimum of five years at the University studying Law, a minimum of one year at Law school, and only God knows how may year on the Bench to reach that level. Only for a LAYMAN to disrespect their judgement. Please let's accord these judges the respect they deserve. I rest my case.

i dont blame u thinking dat wat most people read in school datS WAT  theY pratice wen they are out. WHERE IS EQUITY AND JUSTICE WHEN THEY CALL BLACK WHITE , CALL WHITE BLACK ALL B/C THEY WANT ONE TYPE OF FAVOUR OR THE OTHER. HAVE U NOT HEARD OF CASES WHERE ONE COMPETENT COURT OF LAW WILL VINDICATE A PERSON AND LATER ANOTHER COMPETENT COURT OF LAW WILL STILL INDITE THE SAME PERSON BASED ON THE SAME ALLEGATIONS AND FIND THE PERSON GUILTY AND PASS A SENTENC ON DAT PERSSON WEN EVENTUALLY THE CASE WAS BEEN FURTHER SEWED IN THE LATER COURT?. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN , THE LAW COURT NO MATTER HOW COMPETENT, ITS STILL BEEN HANDLED BY HUMAN BEINGS  EXPECIALLY IN THIS COUNTRY CALL NIGERIA , I BELEIVE THE LAW IS ONLY EFFECTIVE WEN IT COMES TO JUDGING THE POOR, WEAK   AND LESS PREVILEDGE. ONES IT GETS TO AMONGST THE RICH AND STRONG, ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN OK.
SO JUST DISREGARD ISSUE OF LAYMAN OR LENDED MAN HERE.
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by ANDSTEL(m): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2006
@BUCHIO7
as i said before in an earlier thread,atiku is a resilient and dogged fighter(this does nt validate his candidacy 4 president) and u hav to give it to him, the high court has given him round 1 of the fight, lets see what the f.g. plays in the next round cause this ius definitely not over,
ALL THESE UR ATTRIBUTES DAT U ARE MENTIONING ABOUT ATIKU ARE PRACTICAL ATTRIBUTES OF A ROGUE. HE DOES ALL THESE B/C HE IS BENT ON STILLING MORE IF HE SUCCEEDS 2007. BUT UNFORTUNATELY FOR HIM AND IBB THIER FINAL DOWN FALL IN LIFE HAS ARRIVED FOR EVEN THE WORLD TO SEE AND LAF. HAHAHAHAHAHAH grin grin embarassed 2007 NOTTHING FOR ATIKU AND IBB THOSE NORTHERN THIEVES SHOULD GO. WE ARE TIRED OF THEM
Re: Atiku Wins At The Courts Again! by OBJ3(m): 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2006
we shall see

nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

United States Of Africa / Umaru Yar’adua’s White House Visit Hopes Dashed / Akunyili To Be Named Inec Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.