Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up (41447 Views)

Mid-Term: Buhari Passes 7, Fails 5 Promises - Centre For Democracy & Development / Zahra Buhari Opens New Library With Her ACE Charity Team / Buhari Opens The National Economic Council Retreat Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:39am On Jun 24, 2016
The President, Muhammadu Buhari has revealed his reasons for keeping the immediate past Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase in office till the expiration of his tenure.

The president, speaking through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina in Lagos revealed that Arase was kept on board because of his intelligence and capacity as an operation person.

Further describing the last moments of the immediate past IG of Police, Adesina explained that Arase had expected to be sacked before his tenure expired. He said: “Arase told the president it was very strange for him to have been invited for a farewell dinner, because, what we know in Nigeria, is that, you are sacked on the pages of newspapers.”

Adesina while speaking on behalf of the president at the public presentation of Cascade of Change…, a book written by Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde further noted that Arase had continuously nursed the fear of being sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari since he was inherited by the President’s administration last year.

Further quoting the president on why he retained Arase till the end of his tenure, Adesina said: “When it was the turn of the president to speak, he explained why he kept Arase as IGP.

“He said he saw the quality of his mind and he saw the quality of things, he had written. You know Arase has many publications to his credit and he also saw his capacity as an operations person and he decided to keep him till his tenure expired.”

http://www.herald.ng/let-ex-police-ig-arase-serve-term-buhari-opens/#iIZUEOCOBHakbhgi.99

7 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by AleAirHub(m): 6:53am On Jun 24, 2016
His credits was recommended mostly the forensic implementation in NPF & I hope well that other security agencies will kickoff their's too.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 24, 2016
Arase is really a tough act to follow. He has set the standard by which future IG's will be eternally measured.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by blackpanda: 7:06am On Jun 24, 2016
Thank God for PMB o. Nigeria was really in deep shite under the clueless one aka IB!

51 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Babzrockman: 7:10am On Jun 24, 2016
IGP Arase was a agile and fit officer. He is like former english referee Howard webb who was very agile and fit for his duties. Kudos to Arase

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Caseless: 7:10am On Jun 24, 2016
cool

“Arase told the president it was very strange for him to have been invited for a farewell dinner, because, what we know in Nigeria, is that, you are sacked on the pages of newspapers.”

Those name checkers who look at everything with the eye of the north should come and tell us why he did this.

Because arase is from the south?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by BlackPeni5: 7:17am On Jun 24, 2016
Rubbish....Buhari was waiting impatiently to put his northern slowpoke there as IG. No wonder he appointed the IG even before Arase left.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by BlackSeptember: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2016
Caseless:
cool

Those name checkers who look at everything with the eye of the north should come and tell us why he did this.

After all the eulogie he still employed a NORTHERNER

24 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Caseless: 7:23am On Jun 24, 2016
BlackSeptember:
After all the eulogie he still employed a NORTHERNER
a notherner was sacked to bring arase on board . When BUHARI came, he could have sacked him and brought a notherner , can you do anything? He allowed him to finish his tenure, and here you're talking about who replaced him .

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by BlackSeptember: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2016
Caseless:
a notherner was sacked to bring arase on board . When BUHARI came, he could have sacked him and brought a notherner , can you do anything? He allowed him to finish his tenure, and here you're talking about who replaced him .
The records are there to sho that 99% of security chiefs are occupied by northerners.

CDS- sw. A ceremonial post which doesn't have any effect in Nigeria, more like a bureaucrat.

CNS-SS. A naval staff that's there just to make up the numbers because the navy comes last in Nigeria armed forces and its forces are only in the Southern region and its equipment are obsolete.
Nigeria Navy don't have a missile that can travel from Lagos to Abj

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Histrings08(m): 7:37am On Jun 24, 2016
Arase is an intelligent police, d finest IGP since 1999

5 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by wowmenow: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2016
The new northern igp first assignment is to take fayose out

The has sent over 2000 dss to ekiti less than 2 days of his appointment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by osymerga(m): 7:52am On Jun 24, 2016
The man tried. One good thing GEJ did by appointing him. Was surprised buhari didn't sack him.
Arase deserves commendation...

10 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by EzeNri(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2016
blackpanda:
Thank God for PMB o. Nigeria was really in deep shite under the clueless one aka IB!
Zombie! For your mind nah na your mezaya appointed him. Hungry zombie

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by JimiOgunlola: 8:06am On Jun 24, 2016
Arase the empty headed buffoon that wanted to ban jerrycans in filling stations so that people can carry their Listers and Generators for refuelling. Dumbest IGP!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Jun 24, 2016
“He said he saw the quality of his mind and he saw the quality of things, he had written. You know Arase has many publications to his credit and he also saw his capacity as an operations person and he decided to keep him till his tenure expired.”

Nigerians saw Jonathan lacked this quality and decided to truncate his reign of locusts yet some shameless unfortunate individuals decided that we had no right to do such.

14 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 24, 2016
vedaxcool:

Nigerians saw Jonathan lacked this quality and decided to truncate his reign of locusts yet some shameless unfortunate individuals decided that we had no right to do such.

Jonathan doesn't know you......you can wail grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by vedaxcool(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2016
[s]
JimiOgunlola:
Arase the empty headed buffoon that wanted to ban jerrycans in filling stations so that people can carry their Listers and Generators for refuelling. Dumbest IGP!

[/s]

I feel your pain.

13 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Enahi(f): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2016
One of the best Nigeria has ever had, I hope the new guy will do his best too.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by aieromon(m): 9:17am On Jun 24, 2016
He wasn't the only one surprised. Emefiele is still wondering why he hasn't been booted out as well.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:39am On Jun 24, 2016
ok
Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by emymeeky: 9:40am On Jun 24, 2016
grin
Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by logica(m): 9:41am On Jun 24, 2016
AleAirHub:
His credits was recommended mostly the forensic implementation in NPF & I hope well that other security agencies will kickoff their's too.

Which other agencies need forensics? And what is forensics without a proper database of people?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Sijo01(f): 9:42am On Jun 24, 2016
The only sensible things you've done so far
Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by richidinho(m): 9:43am On Jun 24, 2016
SMH
Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by 4nobody4every1: 9:44am On Jun 24, 2016
Caseless:
cool

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 24, 2016
Jonathan had some good hands while in power shocked
Jonathan sef wink
Kindly expect the opposite treatment for Godwin soon cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Pavore9: 9:45am On Jun 24, 2016
BlackPeni5:
Rubbish....Buhari was waiting impatiently to put his northern slowpoke there as IG. No wonder he appointed the IG even before Arase left.

Hmm... while we were writing our SSCE in S.S.3, acting Prefects were already chosen from the S.S.2 students not after valedictory!

8 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by 4nobody4every1: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan had some good hands while in power shocked
Jonathan sef wink
Leave me out of this oo, l am Jonathan, l dnt want Buhari to jail me, stop mentioning my name, l am hiding grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by MadCow1: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2016
SAI President Boo Boo
Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by darocha1: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2016
brilliant
Re: Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up by Barney11: 9:47am On Jun 24, 2016
CONFUSED GOVERNMENT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Tells Saraki Not To Interfere In Investigation Of Gang Of Hired Assassins / Dino Melaye Poses With His Exotic Cars (Photos) / 2023: Why We Attended Shettima's Unveiling - Pastor Igbokwe Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.