Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? (2472 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyieome Private Jet Rumor (see Evidence) / Nairalander Niyi David Chilling With The Lions Of Zimbabwe / See The Countries Already In January 1st 2017 By 1 Pm Nigerian Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ttmacoy: 8:29am On Jun 24, 2016
UK PM just announced his resignation stating a new leader needs to negotiate the EU exit.

This probably means Boris will be next PM.

Uncertain times ahead with potential referendum requests in other European countries and even Scotland trying to leave the UK again.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ibehKachukwu: 8:31am On Jun 24, 2016
If this is true, then the shyt just got messier
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by justwise(m): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2016
He brought this to himself.

He promised British people referendum and they delivered a massive blow to him and his political career.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by FreeWorld23: 8:38am On Jun 24, 2016
shocked
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ttmacoy: 8:39am On Jun 24, 2016
The shyt definitely just got messier.

I listened to his speech myself and he said a he will leave the triggering of article 50 to the new PM.

I forsee other European countries where right wing parties are popular such as France Netherlands etc will request a referendum as well and who knows where all that will lead.

ibehKachukwu:
If this is true, then the shyt just got messier
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by FreeWorld23: 8:39am On Jun 24, 2016
justwise:

He promised British people referendum and they delivered a massive blow to him and his political career.
spot on
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ttmacoy: 8:41am On Jun 24, 2016
He definitely brought it on himself. I guess we can cap this with trump winning in November.

justwise:

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ibehKachukwu: 8:47am On Jun 24, 2016
ttmacoy:
The shyt definitely just got messier.

I listened to his speech myself and he said a he will leave the triggering of article 50 to the new PM.

I forsee other European countries where right wing parties are popular such as France Netherlands etc will request a referendum as well and who knows where all that will lead.

The invasion of Europe is gradually working according to plan.

Bad enough Africa is still here buying parker and dustbin, we re not ready to take over.

Asia! Good morning

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by claremont(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2016
The people have spoken.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by JewelStone(f): 9:07am On Jun 24, 2016
ttmacoy:
He definitely brought it on himself. I guess we can cap this with trump winning in November.

That'll be an absolute disaster, Trump will make a horrible president. #notrump

@topic
I'm quite surprised, didn't see that coming.

Boris as PM? I'm seeing the end of the U.K. The man is on the same level as Trump!

Scotland should leave the Union. Wales and Northern Ireland too.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by justwise(m): 9:37am On Jun 24, 2016
ttmacoy:

He made a clever decision to jump the ship now before it starts sinking.

The £ has taken a massive blow against $ already, the LEAVE campaigners will spend the rest of their lives enjoying or defending the outcome of today's result.

The main reason for leaving the EU is to cut down on immigration, stop Eastern Europeans from coming in to take jobs and drive down wages.

Norway is not a member of EU but with their passport you can travel to 156 countries just 1 less than the UK, so leaving the EU will not reduce the number of people coming here.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by Lucasbalo(m): 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
ttmacoy:

What effect does Britain exiting EU has to do with Trump winning the US Presidency ?. You must know something Americans don't know ?.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by maternal: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
What effect does Britain exiting EU has to do with Trump winning the US Presidency ?. You must know something Americans don't know ?.

Their's an anti immigration/Islamic narrative occurring around the world among whites. This vote just proves it. Trump will use this vote to justify his ignorant rants.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by Lucasbalo(m): 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
maternal:

Their's an anti immigration/Islamic narrative occurring around the world among whites. This vote just proves it. Trump will use this vote to justify his ignorant rants.
You are correct that the Bigoted Trump will try to do that but America is different from Britain. The electoral system of electing a President doesn't favor a Bigot like Trump and that's why he's going to lose in a landslide on November 8. America is too diverse to elect a confirmed Racist as a President. No way can he come up to 270 electoral votes to win the Presidency.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by maternal: 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are correct that the Bigoted Trump will try to do that but America is different from Britain. The electoral system of electing a President doesn't favor a Bigot like Trump and that's why he's going to lose in a landslide on November 8. America is too diverse to elect a confirmed Racist as a President. No way can he come up to 270 electoral votes to win the Presidency.

May be so. But did any expect him to go this far ? Don't underestimate him. Cameron underestimated the leave moment as well.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by Lucasbalo(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
maternal:

May be so. But did any expect him to go this far ? Don't underestimate him. Cameron underestimated the leave moment as well.
You are right . We are not underestimating him That's why we are working hard for him not to be elected
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by maternal: 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are right . We are not underestimating him That's why we are working hard for him not to be elected

I assume you're based in the states. I pItty you guys if he wins.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
maternal:

Trump is a clown. He is gonna lose big.lol. Minorities like Asians, blacks, hispanics, muslims, liberal groups and women folks would vote hillary. The remaining votes will be divided equally among white Americans.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by Lucasbalo(m): 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
maternal:

Yes , an American with Nigerian blood running through my veins. No need to pity, the bigoted clown would lose in November.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
maternal:

Immigration was the biggest determinant in the way the votes were casted.
i am suprised cameron expected "remain" to win. I lived and schooled in the UK and i know the resentment people had towards immigrants especially in the northern and deep southern part of the country.

Cameron responded by tightening borders and making the rules tough for non-EU nationals to live and work in britain, but the populace knew that non-eu nationals were no longer the problem. Non-EU were the problem 15 years ago but not any more. The faces they see and accent they hear when being served or attended to at the local stores, malls, fast food restaurant e.t.c were not that of Africans or Asians but eastern europeans and less fortunate western europeans like the spaniards, italians and portugese. Whereas their own born and bred british kids were still living in mum and dad's home without a job hence, It was easy for them to put the blame on EU migrants and wanted out.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by maternal: 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
princey83:

Immigration was the biggest determinant in the way the votes were casted.
i am suprised cameron expected "remain" to win. I lived and schooled in the UK and i know the resentment people had towards immigrants especially in the northern and deep southern part of the country.

Cameron responded by tightening borders and making the rules tough for non-EU nationals to live and work in britain, but the populace knew that non-eu nationals were no longer the problem. Non-EU were the problem 15 years ago but not any more. The faces they see and accent they hear when being served or attended to at the local stores, malls, fast food restaurant e.t.c were not that of Africans or Asians but eastern europeans and less fortunate western europeans like the spaniards, italians and portugese. Whereas their own born and bred british kids were still living in mum and dad's home without a job hence, It was easy for them to put the blame on EU migrants and wanted out.

With the ex pats returning and the UK being blocked from the EU markets, not much will change. I guess they'll find a new group to blame now.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ttmacoy: 12:53am On Jun 25, 2016
No direct effect, just referring to what a crazy year it will be if we end up with a trump presidency as well.

Hopefully not.

Lucasbalo:
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by Lucasbalo(m): 12:57am On Jun 25, 2016
ttmacoy:
No direct effect, just referring to what a crazy year it will be if we end up with a trump presidency as well.

Hopefully not.

Amen.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ycat: 5:15am On Jun 25, 2016
Good for him.

The people have rejected what he campaigned on, and the best thing for him is to resign. The highest turnout in the nation's election history, and with the majority in favor of leaving, don't tell me they were all hypnotized and didn't know what they were voting. Liberals can spin it till cows come home.

UK deserves it's independence from all those wishy-washy countries. Scotland can't pull out of UK, with the need to reapply to join NATO and EU with Spain on standby to block it, let's see how that goes.

The pound crash is a little price to pay for freedom. Everything will bounce back soon before we know it. Market reacts to uncertainties, and with career Hungarian money-crasher George Soros in the midst, kinda expected.

Trump's argument exactly, RIP to culture of corruption, political correctness and hypocrisy. The need to protect the nation's border. You can't destroy your country and want to make it to mine and then refuse to assimilate. Conservatives are waking up, from SW Nigeria to the UK/US. I'm sure the queen is happy it all happened while she's still alive.

I see the end of Europe as we know it, as more countries will follow.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by justwise(m): 10:31am On Jun 25, 2016
ycat:
Good for him.

The people have rejected what he campaigned on, and the best thing for him is to resign. The highest turnout in the nation's election history, and with the majority in favor of leaving, don't tell me they were all hypnotized and didn't know what they were voting. Liberals can spin it till cows come home.

UK deserves it's independence from all those wishy-washy countries. Scotland can't pull out of UK, with the need to reapply to join NATO and EU with Spain on standby to block it, let's see how that goes.

The pound crash is a little price to pay for freedom. Everything will bounce back soon before we know it. Market reacts to uncertainties, and with career Hungarian money-crasher George Soros in the midst, kinda expected.

Trump's argument exactly, RIP to culture of corruption, political correctness and hypocrisy. The need to protect the nation's border. You can't destroy your country and want to make it to mine and then refuse to assimilate. Conservatives are waking up, from SW Nigeria to the UK/US. I'm sure the queen is happy it all happened while she's still alive.

I see the end of Europe as we know it, as more countries will follow.

Is that not what Trump is? Or are you saying he is going to change if elected?

Bytheway the UK leaving the EU got very little to do with independence but a lot to do with ant-immigration views because leaving the EU will not reduce immigration

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ycat: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2016
If you think Trump is anywhere near corrupt and hypocrite, you probably haven't heard of the Clintons the PATHOLOGICAL LIARS and THIEVES!

UK leaving EU has a little to do with everything but more to do with its INDEPENDENCE and FREEDOM, better believe that.
justwise:

Is that not what Trump is? Or are you saying he is going to change if elected?

Bytheway the UK leaving the EU got very little to do with independence but a lot to do with ant-immigration views because leaving the EU will not reduce immigration
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2016
ycat:
If you think Trump is anywhere near corrupt and hypocrite, you probably haven't heard of the Clintons the PATHOLOGICAL LIARS and THIEVES!

UK leaving EU has a little to do with everything but more to do with its INDEPENDENCE and FREEDOM, better believe that.

Ok we are talking about two different Trumps.

Yes independence and freedom to control immigrants from Eastern Europeans and rest of the world.

Nigel Farage made that clear and he is the brain child behind EU referendum, UKIP and anti immigration is like 5&6. You can't deny that.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ycat: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
I'm talking about the one Trump that's running for POTUS, not the imaginary picture painted by the GODLESS unpatriotic left-wing media that don't believe in America's uniqueness and want open border for more drug and guns to creep in and destroy black communities like it's happening already in most high black population inner cities controlled by democrats.

That plus the refugees that are flooding Europe, we all know many will love to be in UK instead of Germany. And to not have to listen to the rest 27 or 29 bureaucracies to make decisions for their own people.
justwise:

Ok we are talking about two different Trumps.

Yes independence and freedom to control immigrants from Eastern Europeans and rest of the world.

Nigel Farage made that clear and he is the brain child behind EU referendum, UKIP and anti immigration is like 5&6. You can't deny that.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2016
ycat:
I'm talking about the one Trump that's running for POTUS, not the imaginary picture painted by the GODLESS unpatriotic left-wing media that don't believe in America's uniqueness and want open border for more drug and guns to creep in and destroy black communities like it's happening already in most high black population inner cities controlled by democrats.

That plus the refugees that are flooding Europe, we all know many will love to be in UK instead of Germany. And to not have to listen to the rest 27 or 29 bureaucracies to make decisions for their own people.

Drug and gun coming into US? Are you having a laugh? Do you have gun control in US? Or do you even want to control gun in US?

There is something that I don't understand about Trump and his supporters...hypocrisy and double standard?

So finally you accepted that the referendum is about immigration?
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by pansophist(m): 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2016
justwise:

Norway is not a member of EU but with their passport you can travel to 156 countries just 1 less than the UK, so leaving the EU will not reduce the number of people coming here.

True,

But it will massively overhaul immigration down to national rules, not from EU directives that confers rights of residence just on the basis of possessing an EU passport, that is what Britain is after I think. Just imagine, an uneducated EU felon has a right to live and work in the UK and CANT be deported (except on rare grounds of public health and security), compare to an highly educated doctor from lets say China.
Re: David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM?? by ycat: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2016
You don't get it, drugs and guns move together through the border and can't be traced to anyone unlike the one bought in the store with ID and personal information.

When you are looking for hypocrisy and double standard, take a look at yourself and the democrats, no need to look far away.

Now your argument is becoming incoherent.

I NEVER agreed with you on anything, go back and read my post again, what I said is "a little of everything and more of their INDEPENDENCE". You just can't say this is the one reason why they pulled out of the EU like you just did. When you have freedom, you have have freedom over your affairs, you can't just say because of some Eastern Europeans who will likely have it easier getting visa to the UK anyway than say people from Africa.
justwise:

Drug and gun coming into US? Are you having a laugh? Do you have gun control in US? Or do you even want to control gun in US?

There is something that I don't understand about Trump and his supporters...hypocrisy and double standard?

So finally you accepted that the referendum is about immigration?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best And Worst Countries To Live And Work 2017 / Need Information On Fiji Island Please / How Can I Move To Lesotho From Nigeria Legally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.