Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos (30280 Views)

Diezani In Trouble Again Over Withdrawal Of $1.3b From NNPC Accounts / Breaking:buhari Sack Ngige Repleaced With Northener / Ngige Meets With NUPENG Leaders To Reverse Strike (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by bedspread: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
THOSE PHOTOS DO NOT SHOW ANY FORM of DELIBERATIONS !

I JUST POLITICIANS HAVING A GOOD TIME WITH THEMSELVES

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by bigiyaro(m): 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
Let the truth be told, dis shows that our leaders r fantastically clueless, dey had no clue as to the running of private sector business, a business is trying to shed weight in other to remain fit n trim, so as to survive the current economic climate, and one clueless minister is threatening to close the business instead putting mechanisms in place to help such business stay afloat.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by dadebayo1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
GenBuhari:
delay in paying salaries is not the same as sacking workers.
Governors are not being permitted to sack workers.
Six to seven months is what you call delay? Ok..
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by seekier(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
hisssss
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
What would you call it?
dadebayo1:

Six to seven months is what you call delay? Ok..
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by funkybully(f): 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thank God this midget no succeed in ruling Anambra, He would have turned d state to laughing stock like his fellow APC clowns okoroaawusa and aregberascal
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by miqos02(m): 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3881641_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

Why is Ngige wearing Dark Sunglasses's inside a room?
he has apollo
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by blackjack21(m): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3881641_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

Why is Ngige wearing Dark Sunglasses's inside a room?

he is suffering from room temperature blindness.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
This Minister is a clown ! Where the hell did he get this logic from?

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by joe4real12: 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
dadebayo1:
Oga Minister tell governors owing workers six months of salary to pay their workers... Stop the wild chase with banks.. If you withdraw their licence then what happens to the entire labour force? Govt should create enabling environment for companies and watch if companies will not employ rather than lay off staff.. Yeye people
Cost of running banks is very high because of poor power supply. If every bank branch spend #20,000 on diesel per day to run there generator, imagine how many more workers they would have hired if power supply is stable. #20,000*22days=#440,000 which can pay 4 staff per Branch in a Month. Multiply 4 by the number of Branches, (say 350 Branches) so one bank could comfortably hire 1,400 more staff in an ideal situation.
So Oga Minister meet with your fellow minister of Power to ensure power supply is stable.
Remember, TSA implementation has depleted the deposits in Banks.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by kickhard: 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
The minister is making sense but would it always be in reaction to a concluded damage?
One does not need a prophet to predict the mass sack in the banking industry due to the changes in the economy, including the TSA
Does the govt expect people to do business without profit?
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by dadebayo1(m): 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
GenBuhari:
What would you call it?

I will call it manslaughter... The thieves should be charged for manslaughter. Do you know how many civil servants including pensioners have died including those that can no longer afford the basic things of life due to the actions or inaction of the Governors? It all boils down to poor leadership led by greed.. All I am saying is that the minister is wrong to think withdrawal of licence is the solution to stop banks from embarking on downsizing.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by koboko69: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
eyeview:
Am tired of this military govt we are runing in this nation. You want to withdraw the license of some banks because they sacked hundreds without thinking that the license withdrawal will lead to loss of jobs in thousands. Daft minister of a daft president in a daft regime.
Dear God,please remove this administration by your mighty hands before they completely destroyed this nation

Ignomorus!!! Educate ur self

https://www.nairaland.com/3163311/ngiges-threat-banks-see-labour

Meanwhile, withdrawn license can be issued to a better investor by the government.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by koboko69: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
joe4real12:

Cost of running banks is very high because of poor power supply. If every bank branch spend #20,000 on diesel per day to run there generator, imagine how many more workers they would have hired if power supply is stable. #20,000*22days=#440,000 which can pay 4 staff per Branch in a Month. Multiply 4 by the number of Branches, (say 350 Branches) so one bank could comfortably hire 1,400 more staff in an ideal situation.
So Oga Minister meet with your fellow minister of Power to ensure power supply is stable.

But they have money to sponsor elections

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Akinola660: 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
angry
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by buksaylor001: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
These APC people,just a disgrace.Even those that we thought had some sense are getting infected with dullardness.Instead of you to advice your principal on policies to reduce or stop the sackings,you are here shamelessly looking for how to withdraw lincences.You want to protect the workers,then when you withdraw lincences how many people will now be jobless.

Common,I weep for this country.How did we infect ourselves with these clowns?
May God forgive us and do the needful-

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by dadebayo1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
joe4real12:

Thank you sir
. It all boils down to the economy. Once the government provides a good environment business will thrive easily but when things are difficult definitely the organization will look for ways to cut down cost.. Maybe the minister will understand and see clearly if only he removes his dark shades or shae nah sunglasses..
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by joe4real12: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
dadebayo1:

Thank you sir
. It all boils down to the economy. Once the government provides a good environment business will thrive easily but when things are difficult definitely the organization will look for ways to cut down cost.. Maybe the minister will understand and see clearly if only he removes his dark shades or shae nah sunglasses..
grin sunshade in the dark
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by eyeview: 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
koboko69:

Ignomorus!!! Educate ur self

https://www.nairaland.com/3163311/ngiges-threat-banks-see-labour

Meanwhile, withdrawn license can be issued to a better investor by the government.
If you weren't a daft effigy of a daft govt,you will realize that 'better investors' don't just fall from the sky,there has to be an enabling environment before anyone can put a dime in your govt. And so far,the ones we have have been closing shop and leaving nigeria. Ask yourself,with all the trips embarked upon by the president,how many investors have actually come in? You think its that easy to issue the license to another? Kids everywhere.
And if you weren't daft you would have known that no investor would touch an economy where the govt can just withdraw a player's license. It is called undue govt influence.
Kids everywhere.

P/s,don't quote me anymore. You are low on IQ

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by ceejay80s(m): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
The minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige met with Senator Rafiu Ibrahim who is the Chairman Senate Committee on Banking, Insurance & Other Financial Institutions and other senators in Abuja on Thursday to deliberate over banks' license withdrawal. The minister had threatened to withdraw the operating license of any bank and telecommunication company that failed to yield to stop mass sack of workers in their employ.

He said;

“We did that in the oil industry and we succeeded. Even if you are going to layoff, there is a way to declare redundancy, there is a process. Section 20 of the Labour Act says it. You must call the unions and discuss with them. You don’t just treat them as slaves in their own country and you want us to keep quiet.“We want them to maintain the status quo. As far as I am the minister of labour, I will protect the interest of workers; same to the telecommunication companies, they are also talking about compiling lists without discussing with anybody.”

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/06/mass-sack-chris-ngige-meets-with.html

Lol
Dem still dey use 32inch lcd TV (Adam & eve model) for govt house, when a beggar in my street dey use 55inch led smart TV
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by maasoap(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
eyeview:
Am tired of this military govt we are runing in this nation. You want to withdraw the license of some banks because they sacked hundreds without thinking that the license withdrawal will lead to loss of jobs in thousands. Daft minister of a daft president in a daft regime.
Dear God,please remove this administration by your mighty hands before they completely destroyed this nation
I think that you are the daft one here. Did you read the post at all? He said that there is a procedure to follow if you going to lay off workers, you can't just wake up and start distributing sack letters like we are in Banana Republic. Was it not the government that rescued most of these banks under Sanusi? They are laying off workers just because of the slight reduction in their profits not because they recorded loss.
Since the time he issued threat, how many banks have laid off workers? None!

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Adminisher: 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
Please withdraw the licenses. There is no banking in Nigeria. They are TSA thieves. They have caused all the corruption we are talking about. They are the main reasons budgets are non performing. They were the main reasons DHQ were not paying soldiers allowances.
Now they want to sack young workers , some of them newly wed because the Chairmen and EDs don't want to sell their private jets. Jim Ovia has two, who knows how many Elumelu has
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Sant1m: 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
Achuwa1:
i guess the Ngige of a guy has openings for those tht will loose their job if his Apc govt decide to withdraw the licenses of those banks.
APC choked the banking sector of funding the very day they implemented TSA,hope they can see the advert effect on tht nw on not just the banking sector alone but the economy at large.
Twice the minister managing our economy pushed chunk of cash flow into the economy but they had no effect at all,tht shows u the extend of damage TSA & APC has caused Nigeria at large.
You are a joke!, so TSA is now a faulty policy?. The TSA is one of the novel policy of the Govt. The debate about Pmb and Gej role over it is not what my response seeks to address. I am just baffled that we still have those who feel that our collective family wealth should be lodged in a particular Bank, while individual menbers of that family approach the same Bank for loans, who is the fool The Bank or the family?. I am not in support of Ngige's approach either, i believe that employers should be given room only if they comply to labour laws, such as duely settling all entitlements due the sacked workers.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Adminisher: 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
eyeview:

I wrote before about the Nigerian youth and how empty and doomed they are and you just proved it
They are going to lay off young men and women and you are supporting them. Do you know a lot of the bank Chairmen and EDs are the cause of the corruption in Nigeria.
Why are you so empty?.
Can't your mind phantom a better system and commercial culture than the corrupt and unsustainable one perpetuated by PDP?
So banks cannot live without FG and States TSA?.
No wonder they can give loans to corrupt politicians at the expense of industrialists and farmers .
This is one of the ways to sanitise the banking sector and it will work.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by meltiplexer: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
Built2last:
Banks are smarter

you said stop mass sack....they now do single sack

a former colleague said every week 3 to 5 names are sent home...

no noise no media attention.

its a goose chase Ngige

Are you sure of what are you saying? if it is true give us the bank's name. May God help us

i need make money to spent on this weekend on my naijabet account o
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by westreign(m): 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Stop the sack biko
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Passingshit(m): 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
Good
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by eyeview: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
Adminisher:

I wrote before about the Nigerian youth and how empty and doomed they are and you just proved it
They are going to lay off young men and women and you are supporting them. Do you know a lot of the bank Chairmen and EDs are the cause of the corruption in Nigeria.
Why are you so empty?.
Can't your mind phantom a better system and commercial culture than the corrupt and unsustainable one perpetuated by PDP?
So banks cannot live without FG and States TSA?.
No wonder they can give loans to corrupt politicians at the expense of industrialists and farmers .
This is one of the ways to sanitise the banking sector and it will work.

The only thing I see here are insults without a single point. Am not even sure if your point is for or against mine.
But on the TSA you mentioned,let me educate you a bit. Every bank has what is called public sector dept. This staff are trained in managing govt institution accounts. Each bank has over 300staff(from entry level to GM). Now if you instantly take away these funds without palliatives,you leave these 6000(300times 20banks) redundant. The option left for these banks will be to either sack or reassign them. Now to reassign them,you will have to look for sectors that are thriving that may need more manpower. Sadly,there is none. Every sector is shrinking,from energy to fx to aviation to telecom. Businesses are closing. So for lack of where to post them,they are forced into the labour market.
I hope you understand for I have made it as rudimentary as I can for your understanding.
I am not going to speak for nigerian youths as I don't think am in d best position to speak for them but I think you are the empty one.
You made mention of pdp. Do you see why you are daft? You have been so myopice with pdp/apc battle that you think that anyone who showcases the faults of this govt must be a pdp supporter and hence must be shown what pdp did wrong. Do you see how myopic your reasoning is?
And in your little brain,you think one way to sanitize the banking system is by clsoing some banks and throwing thousands into the unemployment market? Son,you are far from intelligent reasoning and this is why most politicians have reduced your generation to offices like SA on twitter,facebook,instagram etc,because your likes have shown an inability to reason outside the box needed to move institutions forward.
Pls,don't quote me again. You're not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by koboko69: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
eyeview:

If you weren't a daft effigy of a daft govt,you will realize that 'better investors' don't just fall from the sky,there has to be an enabling environment before anyone can put a dime in your govt. And so far,the ones we have have been closing shop and leaving nigeria. Ask yourself,with all the trips embarked upon by the president,how many investors have actually come in? You think its that easy to issue the license to another? Kids everywhere.
And if you weren't daft you would have known that no investor would touch an economy where the govt can just withdraw a player's license. It is called undue govt influence.
Kids everywhere.

P/s,don't quote me anymore. You are low on IQ

U are just an horrible hater and a noise maker. Will BOA, Chase, or Bank of England sack their workers without due process? Let me open ur hate clogged eyes, enough of hiding under the guise of scaring investors away. The investors knows our labour laws, they saw it boldly and clearly before they came to invest. If they breach the laws, they should expect consequences. That this have been going on for years withiut anything being done, doesn't make it right. If an investor is coming in good fate, and not to turn u to a slave in your country, and breach labour laws as regards this case such investor can not be scared of coming to to invest. Threat to withdraw licenses did not fall for heaven, something warranted it. So u can shove ur senseless sentimental hate up ur scrotum. Meanwhile expect a ban wink

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
IVORY2009:
This Ngige dude is a funny man, how does he want the management of the bank to cope, wen the nation is heading to a deep recession, instead of him and his co APC men and woman to think of how to fix the nation, rather he is doing the opposite, by way of withdrawing the bank approval documents, ofcouse there would be panic withdrawer frm all customers in the coming days!

I see
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
Achuwa1:
i guess the Ngige of a guy has openings for those tht will loose their job if his Apc govt decide to withdraw the licenses of those banks.
APC choked the banking sector of funding the very day they implemented TSA,hope they can see the advert effect on tht nw on not just the banking sector alone but the economy at large.
Twice the minister managing our economy pushed chunk of cash flow into the economy but they had no effect at all,tht shows u the extend of damage TSA & APC has caused Nigeria at large.
so the corruption of non TSA financial operation should continue just to please banks? If banks were to operate how banks initially are meant to operate I don't think they will suffer at all, or even depend on govt funds to survive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) / President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service / Muaz Magaji Deletes Post Celebrating Taliban After Backlash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.