Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,576 members, 7,812,873 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday (19868 Views)

Gov. Ibikunle Amosun And Godwin Emefiele Lead Stakeholders To Unveil Unilever / Buhari's Affordable Housing Schemes Will Turn Tenants To Home Owners - Shehu / Text Of Speech By Adeosun On Linking Capital Markets With Affordable Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Teenaira: 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
DONSMITH123:
The Federal Government will on Monday unveil its plans towards the provision of affordable houses for Nigerians in line with the electoral promises of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, will make the plan public on behalf of the government at the Affordable Housing Summit 2016 being put together by the ministry in partnership with German Development Cooperation.

A member of the summit’s Technical Working Group, Mrs. Eucharia Alozie, disclosed this to journalists in Abuja.

Alozie who is the ministry’s Head of Public Private Partnership Unit was joined at the briefing by the Principal Consultant of Value Chain Project Consultants Limited, Dr. Joshua Egbagbe and the Leader of the Value Chain Unit of GIZ, Mr. Christoph Pannhausen.

“The minister will be unveiling the Federal Government housing plan to the public during the summit. We will also produce blueprint that will be implemented very soon,” she said.

She explained that the summit would serve as a platform where the public and private sectors would share ideas and proffer sustainable strategic framework for housing delivery in Nigeria.

She said the ministry would use the opportunity of the summit to identify the challenges facing the sector and proffer solutions.

According to her, the summit was different from an earlier one where a housing roadmap was launched.

Alozie assured Nigerians that the event would not be talk shop but more of action.

She said the summit would address the five pillars on which affordable housing stood.

The pillars, according to her, are land‎; incentive and concession; off-takers strategy; housing finance; skill development and technology.

Also speaking, Pannhausen said the summit would come up with a blueprint that would be implemented in the subsequent months and years.

He said the affordable housing would be placed more on the door steps of the private sector ‎who understand the market and how to invest in it.

http://www.punchng.com/fg-unveil-plan-affordable-housing-monday/

Please give us roads or any other means of transportation and light. This is the only reason why there is increasing demand for housing by the day. If you go and build houses inside bushes without means of transportations and no light, like most of the housing schemes do, expect reptiles and other animals to live in them.

Thank you.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Figs(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
Grendel:
if only we can be patient enough to give this Government to prove their worth..

they mean well for us.

four years is not an eternity
wink wink wink wink wink
oga,delay is dangerous
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
That's good maybe he go reach my side
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Akshow: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
SamMilla1:

Isn't the post just plans to announce plans.
Not even plans to start anything, they didn't make the announcement, they told us Fashola is planning to announce.
Lmao.
And as predictable as ipods are, they don't wanna hear anything good about this govt, be it planned or finished. So this gonna give them sleepless nights. grin
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Figs(m): 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
only for d rich
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
Pls if u know anyone that attends St Louis Catholic Parish, egbeda, lagos; pls kindly let me know. Its very urgent. Thanks and God bless. This is my number: 09085744689.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by emmanuelbrown26: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
MAZI NWANE MADU OKECUKWU BABATUNDE BUHARI, I HAIL THEE, I KNOW U HV A GOOD PLAN FOR US, AND I ALWAYS PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE U THE STRENGTH TO LEAD US
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by emmanuelbrown26: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
Grendel:

they mean well for us.

wink wink wink wink wink
nnam chukwu gozie gi (baba may God bless u) i know MAZI NWANE MADU OKECHUKWU BABATUNDE BUHARI MEANT WELL FOR NIGERIA BUT ONLY TIME AND PATIENT, WE WILL CONQUER
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by goldentee(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Monday is just around the corner. We are patiently waiting
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by tundexijim(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
breakeven:

Which one concern me with avengers. It is the government I know and I believe they are the one denieing us light

So u expect the govt to run the plants with their blood abi..
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Bespiel: 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
Not news. We have several of such plans
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by onunwa21(m): 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
tongue

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by pheesayor(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
In as much as I applaud Fashola for LAGHOMS, I'm still angry with him because those houses are not affordable, you need to be earning close to 200k to get one of those houses. Hoping the FG version will be more affordable though

bloodyBLOGGER:
I believe Fashola will deliver on this one like he did with the beautiful estate LA we can find littered across Lagos State.

Below are a few of them

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/548860_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/645700_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/1566078_img_758237143634890_jpeg_jpeg194d098e7ac5ece5f5eb6106e036d2df[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/579854_6_jpg18e2999891374a475d0687ca9f989d83[/img]

To all those iPob youths calling him Minister of darkness, keep it up. And make sure you applaud NDA today like you always do when they blow up gas pipelines.

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by sodayve: 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=chivic post=46892773]

that's not true my brother,i applied for the one they did 2 yrs ago and was even offered the mortgage plan,but I declined.Google and find out.

Just like you, I was also offered the plan but no sane person would take the offer.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
nice move
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
@Larion - partition toilet & palour wit wood abi?

u do well!
so pesin wey dey toilet blow mess, mek d tin blow visitors 4 palour trowey abi?
uwese! nagode! angry
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by larion: 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:
@Larion - partition toilet & palour wit wood abi?

u do well!
so pesin wey dey toilet blow mess, mek d tin blow visitors 4 palour trowey abi?
uwese! nagode! angry

If we must progress, we must reason beyond this.

Trust me , its workable

When I say wood, I don't mean the ugly wood used where u watch your soccer matches, modified and refined, even wen you enter you won't know until you knock it.

You can calculate how much cheaper that wall will be and how much lower it will drive the cost of the house.

This is what we need.

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
larion:

If we must progress, we must reason beyond this.

Trust me , its workable
trust me, its only workable in dat side in d USA, cos dia mess 4 toilet dia na featherweight compared to naija man's mess hia. grin

speakin wif confidence noni cool
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by mirob(f): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Grendel:

they mean well for us.

wink wink wink wink wink

Are we not been patient, what other choice do we have? We are waiting for the four years to elapse.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by larion: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:

trust me, its only workable in dat side in d USA, cos dia mess 4 toilet dia na featherweight compared to naija man's mess hia. grin

speakin wif confidence noni cool

No!

Not only in the US, it is been used in Ikorodu, NEPA staff quarters, I schooled there.

Its been used in Oyo state, Lanlate...NITEL staff quarters, my dad worked there and I lived there briefly.

I am talking from wat is workable, not just yarning dust.

The white men that built this quarters in 1970s used it, if we blacks can't use the system in 2017 to make low cost housing affordable to all including those working as technicians and petty traders, then we need more thinking .

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by erico2k2(m): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
Nice one. The Minister of Darkness
Realy, how is that wonderful,
we do not need affordable housing from the FG, we can do that ourselves we are already doing it, what we want is good roads and stable electricity plus security.security. Thats All not these project they initiate to put monies in their pockets. howmany have we had #ENOUGH

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by anytexy: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
Nice one. The Minister of Darkness

Chai! you wicked ooo. LWKMD.
Pikin never waka na rum e go run
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by 989900: 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
You call people 'zombie', but you've not seen the plan, cost, nothing at all, but you already know what it will be made of or not made of, the price, the location, the who-would-get-it, everything you know already -- who is the 'zombie' with a one-way-street-thought-process now?
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
larion:

No!

Not only in the US, it is been used in Ikorodu, NEPA staff quarters, I schooled there.

Its been used in Oyo state, Lanlate...NITEL staff quarters, my dad worked there and I lived there briefly.

I am talking from wat is workable, not just yarning dust.

The white men that built this quarters in 1970s used it, if we blacks can't use the system in 2017 to make low cost housing affordable to all including those working as technicians and petty traders, then we need more thinking .
4 naija hia?

u're givin me assurance dat if i enta one of those wooden buildins & blow one mess after chewin on some kuli kuli & popcorn, dat d foundation of d buildin won't vanish into thin air like willy-willy?

my bloda jez negodu biko! undecided
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by erico2k2(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
I believe Fashola will deliver on this one like he did with the beautiful estate LA we can find littered across Lagos State.

Below are a few of them

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/548860_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/645700_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/1566078_img_758237143634890_jpeg_jpeg194d098e7ac5ece5f5eb6106e036d2df[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/579854_6_jpg18e2999891374a475d0687ca9f989d83[/img]

To all those iPob youths calling him Minister of darkness, keep it up. And make sure you applaud NDA today like you always do when they blow up gas pipelines.
And you call these affordable right? cant you see how empty they look??/
Ignorance leads to subscribed blindness
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by predatorX: 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Fashola is a great man no doubt, but when it comes to housing, Fashola doesn't know what is called "affordable housing for the masses".

not one of his estates has been purchased directly by a civil servant, everything na runz and connection. Affordable housing cannot be achieved by BRF.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by predatorX: 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Below are a few of them

no civil servant has ever afforded any of fashola's numerous housing estates in Lagos.Those houses are being sold to cronies.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by ugo99: 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
wetin concern fowl with toothpick !
this govt is not working
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by lollmaolol(m): 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
DONSMITH123:

He said the affordable housing would be placed more on the door steps of the private sector ‎who understand the market and how to invest in it.

http://www.punchng.com/fg-unveil-plan-affordable-housing-monday/

Unlike the wasteful federal government of Nigeria
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
temitemi1:
Our minister of DARKNESS grin
Do you still wail for a living or you've gotten another job? grin
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by saintchyco: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
All people copy cats

more scam for a scam government
[/size][size=8pt]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Sets Agenda For Acting Inspector General Of Police, Adamu Mohammed / Profile Of Umo Eno, Akwa Ibom Governor-elect / I Am Not Part Of The Aso Rock Cabal - Governor El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.