Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,513 members, 7,958,550 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

"Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation (32898 Views)

Obiano's Reply To Sahara Reporter On Vegetable Export / Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property / Buratai And His Wives Own Dubai Property - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by Izonpikin: 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
arresa:

You can buy any property with your savings as long as you are allowed to pay in installments over time instead of cash down. It's called mortgage payment..

And besides, he declared his assets.

There's got to be more to you people than tribal anger, lack of manners, ethnic fixations and paranoia..
has burutai finished buying all the houses in banana island and abuja that he now has enough to buy in dubai....my brother stop deceiving yourself...wash your eyes and observe the truth...only looters or business tycoons buy houses abroad...burutai is a thief..

Stop deceiving yourself...its the worst form of deceit. .. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by Izonpikin: 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
Mintek:

You're an idio.t. From what "savings" could Buratai have acquired 2properties in Dubai?

If the accused was named "Chinedu", would you yap this drivel?
don't mind vedexacool....His hypocrisy would soon catch up with him.if it hasn't already... grin....bloody hypocrite. ..vedexacool that is... grin

2 Likes

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by MirabelArode(f): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2016
Burrantashi should be thrown into jail with the keys buried in the sahara. He is thief and a cretinous murderous fvcktard!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by Roadmike(m): 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2016
Thus is interesting indeed the Buratai family have properties in Dubai from his saving >>>>>>>>

Please explain how your saving can acquire property in Dubai. EFCC must verify and tell us this. Trust this is typical of Buhari nothing will come out of this petition because he is on their side and his a muslim.

Check it out this is what happened in 1984, All Governors from the South were sentenced to outrageous prison terms while the Bakinsuwo of Government Money in Government House and his cohorts were let off.
Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by histemple: 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
vedaxcool:
I think the explanation seems plausible, it will take the EFCC to properly investigate these claims and determine if there is any case to answer. The fact that Buratai declared the houses in his assets declaration clearly shows he was in the very least acting transparently.

I pity Buhari in this corruption fight. This is because while I believe that he is very sincere, the challenge of finding clean incorruptible people to function with him is such a herculean task in Nigeria, given almost all qualified persons are corrupt and irredeemably so.

Looking at this allegation at hand, it is very unlikely that a Nigerian Army officer can save as much money from salary and allowances, except he wants to tell us that he has other businesses alongside his military job.

Again, the fact that Burutai kept mute on this issue is even more disturbing. More so, the Nigeria Army speaking in defence of Burutai is even more suspicious than his inexplicable silence. NA is not Burutai and Burutai is not NA.

One thing makes the press release from the Nigerian Army absolutely unacceptable and that is the possibility of Burutai denying some of the contents on the basis that he never authorized the statements neither did they emanate from him as a person. This was exactly how Buhari defended himself on the many mischievous promises by APC of making dollar at par with naira etc------saying he never said so neither was he aware of the unrealistic promises.

And the Nigerian Army that is denying that Burutai doesn't have an account in Skye Bank either as an individual, joint signatory or body corporate should not forget that Nigerians work in that bank and can verify that claim.

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by okpurukata(f): 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2016
He may have made this money through security deals while at Port Harcourt as commander. Senior military personnel always lobby to come to PH because they make too much money. Even if he took a mortgage loan for 20 years, he would not have finishes paying back by now. So his current pay slip will show such deductions. He said savings, which savings? How much can he save? How much is spent for maintaining family of two wives, children and relatives?
The purchase of these two houses must be probed, if the Government is truly sincere. QED. I truly believe that when one preaches transparency, it must be total. No sacred cows. The president will endear himself to all if he calls for this probe by EFCc, I will be happy if Buratai comes out clean..

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by Reference(m): 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2016
bayocanny:
This country is fuc.ked, everybody is corrupt

grin Na now you know. Time will demystify everyone.

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by EzeNri(m): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2016
Wealthgang:
A calibre of soldier like Buratai with his salary, allowances, bonuses etc can well afford a property in Dubai. Its no biggie.

He declared d asset in d asset declaration form as well as how he paid for it instalmentally. This shows transparency.

Ordinary civil servants can own property if they plan wisely (Loans, cooperatives, fixed deposits, buying n selling lands etc).
Buratai was a Major General then. He earns abt a million monthly so can't afford a house of that cost.

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by duality(m): 11:04pm On Jun 25, 2016
We know that the houses in dubai were runs money. If we really want to call a spade what it is.

Corruption is all there is to it. I can say that even if shina Rambo was to investigate burutai, he will still see the criminality in there.

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by poseidon12: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2016
mrvitalis:

Did u read the part that said he got it through personal savings and had Declared it in his asset declaration form?

And you believe he bought the two houses in Dubai through personal savings? Are these savings from his salary as a General or as a businessman? If you believe the cock and bull story from the Army, you will believe anything.

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by poseidon12: 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2016
Wealthgang:
A calibre of soldier like Buratai with his salary, allowances, bonuses etc can well afford a property in Dubai. Its no biggie.

He declared d asset in d asset declaration form as well as how he paid for it instalmentally. This shows transparency.

Ordinary civil servants can own property if they plan wisely (Loans, cooperatives, fixed deposits, buying n selling lands etc).

I guess you guys have to leave Diezani Alison Madueke alone. She can also afford the properties she is rumored to own.
Of course Buratai cannot afford to buy a property in Dubai worth 200 million Naira on his Nigerian General's salary. Are you kidding?

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by poseidon12: 12:03am On Jun 26, 2016
infinitty:
I smell lies here. Buratai should come plain and say "I AND MY FAMILY DO NOT HAVE ANY HOUSE IN DUBAI" why all these grammar. I think Buratai owns a house in Dubai.

The Army statement admitted he owns two houses in Dubai. They claim he bought them through his personal savings.

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by Ejanla07: 12:03am On Jun 26, 2016
omogidi234:

I have learnt over the years to take Sahara Reporters serious. Countless of their news piece would be denied. At such times, they usually get more incriminating evidence. How they get their information and evidence is still a mystery to me.

they are being fed by the people sponsoring the propaganda..

nothing special about Sahara lieporters.
all they do is copy and paste while waiting for business (smear campaign) u need fight against anyone bring evidence pay the money forget about the rest.....

na so dem be..
Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by poseidon12: 12:05am On Jun 26, 2016
tinsel:
Those two properties in dubai are worth about 220m(fo the two). The question is can a man that has gotten to the rank of General and served in various multinational forces outside be able to legitimately save this amount?

The answer is capital NO.

1 Like

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by farsh231(m): 4:46am On Jun 26, 2016
In fact unborn child in Nigeria is planning to be corrupted

Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 26, 2016
poseidon12:

I guess you guys have to leave Diezani Alison Madueke alone. She can also afford the properties she is rumored to own.
Of course Buratai cannot afford to buy a property in Dubai worth 200 million Naira on his Nigerian General's salary. Are you kidding?
Don't know what u mean by "you guys" and I don't know what Diezani has to do with d topic. If u commented with bias or "us vs them" mindset or have sth against d COAS, I'm not interested. If u or Sahara has concrete evidence against d COAS, then do d needful instead of d media hullaballoo
Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
EzeNri:

Buratai was a Major General then. He earns abt a million monthly so can't afford a house of that cost.

Very wrong assumption.
There are legitimate ways an army general can afford such property.
He declared d asset (which looters don't do) and d property was paid for instalmentally (again, which looters don't do).

It is still possible he got d money via crooked means. In that case, then let Sahara or whoever do d needful instead of raising dust on social media.
Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by louqas: 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Is it the duty of the army to respond? When did Nigerian army become Buratai and family?

Did you just ask this question ? NA is just clarifying its own part of the story I.e. buratai was never director of procurement for N.A.,that Buratai has declared the property 3 years ago. N.A. has to speak because the supposed petitioners said they are concerned officers from the north east . At the appropriate time the family will come out with its own statements but it's wrong to you to assume the N.A. shouldn't have issued the statement .
Re: "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation by Unfathomable: 9:47am On Jun 27, 2016
arresa:

There's a clear difference between apple and orange, but I really don't thing flawed thinking Igbos are smart enough to figure it out..

Thanks for the fruit analogy, which means Burantai is a superior thief. You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ramadan: Tinubu Donates 1800 Bags Of Rice To Kano Residents (Photos) / Giadom: A Fresh Primary Will Be Conducted In Edo / How DSS Held Oshiomhole Hostage For 8 Hours, 6 Governors Implicated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.