Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers (939 Views)

"Buhari Must Investigate El-rufai Over Yar’adua’s Death" - Senator Shehu Sani / How Fayose Begged Zenith Bank To Cover Up The Source Of His Election Funds - SR / PDP Blasts Buhari: You're Like Hitler, Tyrants Cover Up With Fighting Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2016
read More =>> http://www.naijahops.com/2016/06/buhari-must-not-cover-up-biafran.html

President Muhammadu Buhari has been urged not to sweep under the carpet last month alleged gruesome killings of unarmed pro-Biafra agitators in Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Delta, Cross River and Ebonyi, but rather to set up a panel of enquiry to investigate the matter.

Thousands of protesters clashed with security forces, leading to the deaths of dozens of citizens, with many suffering varying degrees of injury.

The protesters, who were mainly members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the Movement for the Actualisation of a Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), had on May 30, 2016, come out en masse to mark Biafra Day in memory of the former leader of the defunct Biafra Republic, the late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.

The Nigerian police authority also said the protest which turned bloody had claimed the lives of three of its officers, including an officer who was allegedly thrown into the River Niger.

An Onitsha resident who witnessed the event told BD SUNDAY that at the rally in Onitsha, a combined team of the military and police clashed with members of IPOB during the celebration of Biafra Day in the commercial city, which according to him left about 32 people dead and many injured. He added that over 50 members of the pro-Biafra group were arrested by the military and taken to the 302 cantonment of the Nigerian army, Onitsha.

“History repeated itself when unarmed citizens were killed by the Nigeria military. This government has been quiet all the while the Fulanis were killing Nigerians all over the country. I wonder why a peaceful protest will result to the shooting at the unarmed. Whether the Nigerian state would go free with this level of wickedness remains to be seen,” said the source, who pleaded anonymity for fear of reprisal.

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, a Lagos-based human rights lawyer, has since urged the Federal High Court in Lagos to order the immediate release of members of the IPOB who are being allegedly detained unlawfully by the federal government.

Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2016
Jobless people demanding for biafra as if biafra will put food on their table. I trust buhari to send battalions of soldiers to the east if u try Nonsense angry
Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by IVORY2009(m): 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2016
irunoobo:
Jobless people demanding for biafra as if biafra will put food on their table. I trust buhari to send battalions of soldiers to the east if u try Nonsense angry

[size=16pt] PAPA sup[/size] grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by Young03(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
irunoobo:
[center]
irunoobo:
[/center]
irunoobo:

Ash
Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by Young03(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2016
[quote author=irunoobo post=46923721]

f
Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by Young03(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2016
[quote author=irunoobo post=46923721]
Mynd
Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by sigiyaya(m): 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2016
irunoobo:
u don't like BIAFRA yet every trend on nairaland about BIAFRA you must be there, i guess that is HYPOCRITICAL cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by JimiOgunlola: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2016
irunoobo:

When will our muslim yorubas become sensible and stop making our yoruba race a laughing stock who can be used by fulanis anytime to create confusion?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by ckmayoca: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2016
irunoobo:

Psy patient. I wish u quick recovery.
Re: Buhari Must Not Cover Up Biafran Killings – Lawyers by babyfaceafrica: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2016
K

(1) (Reply)

Watch Live Military Battle With The Bokoboys / WAR! I Cannot Impregnate ‘menopause’ Remi Tinubu – Dino Melaye Declares / Happening Now: Edo MARKET WOMEN Endorse Oshiomhole's Tenure And Others [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.