Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP (12052 Views)

Ronke Shonde’s Sister Denies Lekan Shonde’s Claims / Lekan Shonde Arrested Over Ronke Shonde's Death / Ronke Shonde's Murderer, Lekan Shonde, Wanted By Lagos Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Gerrard59(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2016
Water in the brain aka hydrocephalus can be caused by head trauma or intracranial hemorrhage. Wonder where respiratory failure bla bla bla came from. Worst thing is that he fled after the incident, Nigga should pay the time.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by murmee: 9:56am On Jun 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Our legal system is a joke. This is why I love the western world and forensic analysis. How can they conveniently leave out what the coroner discovered during the autopsy report where he clearly stated the deceased had water in her brain which is medically known to cause respiratory failure and heart attack as the water applies pressure to the brain and are now focusing on her external bruises even when the same coroner also said those bruises could not have caused her death.
Water in the brain is caused by what is known as
Water intoxication, also known as water poisoning or dilutional hyponatremia, it is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside safe limits by over-hydration. Under normal circumstances, accidentally consuming too much water is exceptionally rare. Nearly all deaths related to water intoxication in normal individuals have resulted either from water drinking contests in which individuals attempt to consume large amounts of water, or long bouts of intensive exercise during which electrolytes are not properly replenished, yet huge amounts of fluid are still consumed. Moreover, water cure, a method of torture in which the victim is forced to consume excessive amounts of water, can cause water intoxication.Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time. For example, in 2003, Walter Dean Jennings, a freshman history major at SUNY Plattsburgh, died while pledging to a campus fraternity. On his last night of hazing, the 18-year-old was forced to drink gallons of water through a funnel, which caused his brain to swell from water intoxication and ultimately resulted in his death.

If indeed she engaged in a marathon sex romp for a weekend then its possible that she consumed a large amount of water quickly over a short period and this caused water poisoning.

This man may end up being jailed for what he didnt do as to me this case is a case of accidental self inflicted death on the part of the deceased.
You are a typical Nigerian man. Always quickly playing the infidelity card against women to cover up their bad behavior. Mr man, why did the husband not show up when he was informed that police had invaded his home? Why was he hiding? If he was innocent, he would rush home to see that his family is ok. The obvious answer is that he knew he left a dead body at home before taking off. As for you, OP, I pity the women in your life!

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 26, 2016
lastpage:

So, what is the direct connection between a "Weekend Sex Romp" that she had.... and this Water poisoning?

Did she drink water through the John Thomas of her "away Lover"?

Abeg, me l nor go school o!

Break it down, bikonnu!

Lastpage!

Women! Pushing their husbands beyond limit, since Adam and Eve

Dilutional hyponatremia or water poisoning is often as a result of taken in a lot of water in short period especially after a rather vigorous exercise e.g a weekend sex romp. This caused some of the water to get to the brain and lodge there thereby applying pressure on the brain. This pressure disrupts the normal electrical functions of the brain and results in heart attack or respiratory failure as in the case of Ronke Shonde.
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Coolgent(m): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2016
SmithHumble50:

I guess bcuz she's a lawyer...with connections... They are stalling her trail and possible conviction..
You are right Bro, i heard that autopsy report and confession from witness has been stole from her file thats what stalled her trial.
anyway God aint sleeping
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Dilutional hyponatremia or water poisoning is often as a result of taken in a lot of water in short period especially after a rather vigorous exercise e.g a weekend sex romp. This caused some of the water to get to the brain and lodge there thereby applying pressure on the brain. This pressure disrupts the normal electrical functions of the brain and results in heart attack or respiratory failure as in the case of Ronke Shonde.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin Half the world would be dead by now
At least most of honeymooners would be dead
and Gym goers would be stretchered off the premises into waiting ambulances every day

Thank God you are not the mans defence counsel
You would have sent him to jail with these your unbelievable arguments
At this point the man is better off choosing insanity as his defence than peddling this idea that the woman drank herself to death

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 26, 2016
murmee:
You are a typical Nigerian man. Always quickly playing the infidelity card against women to cover up their bad behavior. Mr man, why did the husband not show up when he was informed that police had invaded his home? Why was he hiding? If he was innocent, he would rush home to see that his family is ok. The obvious answer is that he knew he left a dead body at home before taking off. As for you, OP, I pity the women in your life!

Having an analytical mind is a something I enjoy. Besides I dont have women in my life. I have a wife in my life. I believe there is reasonable doubt in this case.
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 26, 2016
tearoses:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin Half the world would be dead by now
At least most of honeymooners would be dead
and Gym goers would be stretchered off the premises into waiting ambulances every day

Thank God you are not the mans defence counsel
You would have sent him to jail with these your unbelievable arguments
At this point the man is better off choosing insanity as his defence than peddling this idea that the woman drank herself to death

What u do not realise is that hyponatremia is rare but it does happen. Not everyone that actually drinks lots of water in a short time experience this. Laugh all u want. If the medical practitioner says her physical injuries could not have caused her death or even the water retention in her brain then he has reasonable doubt on his side.
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by chuksbogus: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
the guy will definitely walk. there is no evidence to the fact that he killed the wife.
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by charisma1(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
marriage cus he get money nonsense gals
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by samson15(m): 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gbogbo oun to shokunkun si omo eda, kedere ni lodo Olorun.....
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Oga u need to read the autopsy report. Nowhere did it say brain injury. What it said was water in her brain and that she died from respiratory failure.

Nobody is asking questions like, what causes water retention in the brain and what are the results of that.

Note the report did not say she had FLUID in her brain which could stand for any kind of liquid including blood.... it specifically said WATER in her brain.
i get u now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo / I Was Molested Last Night By Two Ladies / Black Axè and eiye cult war one beheaded on live camera - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.