Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! (51971 Views)

Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / Preventing The ATM From ‘swallowing’ Your Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by lieutenantHaven: 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
If u use diamond bank...just get ur fone or ur neighbors fone...use the Mobile app to block ur card within seconds
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by ajasa4link: 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
candidbabe:
B
B for Brouhaha
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
if u call d customer care by night they wount pick the call .... angry angry angry
bukiboy:

All banks have 24hrs customer service, if you find yourself in that situation all you need to do is call your bank to block your card.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by afuye(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
Gtb and Ecobank customer care number don't work on weekends a friend tried the number but was going at all. But fortunately his account has not been debited
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
JUST JOIN THE CHOSEN!!

IF THEY COME CLOSE TO YOU, DECLARE WHO YOU ARE!! NO ONE CAN ROB YOU! ITS NO JOKE!! ITS A COVENANT!
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by charlie009: 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
Union bank is simply d best , building a simpler n smarter banking.

2 Likes

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by tunergy(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
olasircoded:

Source:. http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/are-you-in-lagos-don-visit-atm-on-friday.html?m=1

While your information is spot on. You are wrong to generalise the use of ATM on friday night.
be mindful of the following
1. Most banks have securiyy personel on premises 24/7 and the ayms are located withing a premises with perimeter walls
2. Spurious ATM machine which users must be wary of are the one located off site bank premises or facing a main road or highway.

I think rather than create fear of using ATM altogether, focus should be on sensitization about safe and secure usage.

This is my 10kobo

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Mrval20(m): 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
Thanks for sharing.

Generally, don't use ATMs situated at lonely places. Fear of being lynched (not even being arrested by the police) won't let any robber approach you at an ATM where there are several passers-by.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by 234GT(m): 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
You can always block your card by calling your banks customer care, but people and atm
withdrawals sha na like bread and butter.
You wan buy milk of one thousand, you go go atm collect money. Nexy, you wan buy lacasera and gala, na to go atm again, only to complain of huge sms alert charges at month end.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by danigbo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
With my diamond bank mobile app. I can control my maximum daily withdrawal with my phone !

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Ekii(f): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
Google is your friend. If you find yourself in that situation, use Google to get your banks customer care number and call them immediately. All they would ask you are your names, bank account and last three transactions, etc and you'd have your atm card blocked. How she waited a whole weekend and allowed them have all that opportunity beats me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by NnamdiN: 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
for people that have money
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by chukwujike: 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
Banks work 24 hours. Always get the customer care number of your bank. The card can be hot listed even on weekends.

It is very important to get the number from your branch.

Thanks for the info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by jworos(m): 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
This actually happened to my Inlaw, 400k was removed throughout, all through he was receiving the alerts lipsrsealed
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by remikunle: 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
Wonders
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by tunergy(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
seyilabi:
If anybody found him/herself in such situation (God forbid), the best thing is to do is to give out ur pin number as requested to avoid been attacked or killed but in reverse e.g. if ur ATM pin code is 1234 just tell them 4321, the ATM machines will still recognise the code as reversed at immediately activate an internal security system which notify the police, and also block ur account immediately after daily withdrawal limit has been reached.

This reversal technique will not work in all parts of the world. As a matter of fact I am yet to see a single instancein nigeria where it worked.

If the inrernal security system was configured to identify theft through reverse algorithm then that is a good one. But the notifying police part is just a big Joke.

3 Likes

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by nwadiuko1(m): 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
seyilabi:
If anybody found him/herself in such situation (God forbid), the best thing is to do is to give out ur pin number as requested to avoid been attacked or killed but in reverse e.g. if ur ATM pin code is 1234 just tell them 4321, the ATM machines will still recognise the code as reversed at immediately activate an internal security system which notify the police, and also block ur account immediately after daily withdrawal limit has been reached.
so what the reversal of 1991, 1881,1771 etc?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by BABANGBALI: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
Thank God I live in Ikoyi and not lagos
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by nwoye72: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
olasircoded:

Source:. http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/are-you-in-lagos-don-visit-atm-on-friday.html?m=1
so there is no 24 hours emergency number u can call in niger for lost card and such,very bad
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by seyilabi(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Adeoba10:

D pin will be tested on dat spot.... Dey will withdraw so cash before leaving dia victim.
yes but the ATM machine has already been notified that u're in danger at that point in time but will do everything possible to get the the recording of what is presently going on at that in time, without the knowledge of the thief through video recording of the scene and snapping of all present at that point in time.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by ladyF(f): 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Na people wey get money dem dey target. Dem no fit see me collect my ATM sef, na dem go cry last last... grin

Even if dem try withdraw 1k, insufficient funds grin God must move me from this 3-digit account balance sef, e don too tey cry
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Doyin2(m): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
nwadiuko1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This guy nearly cracked my ribs!
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by seyilabi(m): 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
nwadiuko1:
The system might not be able to recognize any foul play in such circumstances but as you know technology waits for no one.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by iomoge2(f): 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
khalhokage:
If this is true then Union Bank customers can block their cards by using the number they used to open their accounts to text this code: BLOCKCARD>space>your account number to 20123 (BLOCKCARD 1234567890 to 20123)

You can also call Union Bank customer service on 07007007000 for help.

I'm sure other banks would have similar service you just need to find out.

For Diamond Bank. Just send Cards Off to 30811 using your registered number

Or use your mobile app to block the card

Or call the contact centre on 07003000000

Or send a mail to complaint@diamondbank.com or to enquiries@diamondbank.com

Or go to the nearest Atm. Pick up the phone there and talk to an agent for free.

This is a more reason to Bank with Diamond. Your Bank. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by DrMuzungu(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
seyilabi:

Thanks, but this is nonsense. Just imagine, if my pin is 1441... they rob me, I tell them 1441 as the reverse one. Will an ATM see it as a regular or a reverse PIN?
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by columbus007(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mskrisx:
Lala where u naaa angry angry angry
leave him alone shey na snake dem post undecided
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Ibukun003(m): 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
Its also very important that you know your Account Officer or any of the staff in the bank.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Shormiey(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
I trust diamond bank, I only need to dia few digit before my ATM is blocked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Said I Look Like Femi Otedola, Is This True? / Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.