Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,276 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (91264 Views)

State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by EdoBoy90(m): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
Trust my state now, Edo state. I have a leader with foresight. Dangote and BUA cement factories are there. Dangote cement factory is $1bn and BUA cement factory is $500000m. We quarry companies. Even though in austerity measure we will survive because we have fertile lands for agriculture.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
That's why we in the north need the oil, we say no to Biafra

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by molydonhenry(m): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
ERONX:
Imagine Nigerians.......
Oxford DICTIONARY: New word inclusion.
BUHARI
/boo-ha-ree:/
Noun: buhari
1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough;
e.g "The economy is now buhari for the masses"
Synonyms: onerous, strenuous, arduous
grueling, painful, hellish;
Antonyms: easy, smooth, simple.
Verb: buharify, buharicate,
buharification;
2. to make complex, worse, unbearable;
e.g "Please don't come and buharicate issues here"
"The only way to reduce applicants is to buharify the process"
Synonyms: complicate, exacerbate, degenerate;
Antonyms: simplify, ameliorate.
Adjective: buharific
3. terrible, hectic, difficult;
Synonyms: tough, back-breaking, intricate, knotty,thorny;
Antonyms: fantastic, splendid, pleasant.
e.g "How was your final exams? It was buharific!!!" Good night friends.
You get time, kudos!
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by EdoBoy90(m): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
Trust my state now, Edo state. I have a leader with foresight. Dangote and BUA cement factories are there. Dangote cement factory is $1bn and BUA cement factory is $500000m. We have quarry companies. Even though in austerity measure we will survive because we have fertile lands for agriculture.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Iceberg3: 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
vedaxcool:

Cutting kpomo can never be a substitute for good governance.

u are right,just like foisting religion and hijjabb on secular and mission schools can never be good for education and gud governance..

5 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by muller101(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
Northern states drawing this country backward. No wonder they won't let go of ND.

5 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by jpphilips(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
That explains why Fayose has time to be talking rubbish!
The bingo is practically living off the Federation account yet can't show the president some respect.

13 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by zuchyblink(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
Emancipation:

Both states (Anambra and Abia) has the highest concentration of economic activity in the south east. They are undertaxed in my opinion when you consider this fact.

Ebonyi is the smallest in population and business activity yet they still generate so much revenue.
Abia and Anambra are under taxed because they are mainly indegenous companies(sentiments) while that of Ebonyi comes from solid minerals and agricultural products. Enugu Int'l airport and the fact that it is a regional capital. Imo state? Rochas is not telling us the truth
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by muller101(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
EdoBoy90:
Trust my state now, Edo state. I have a leader with foresight. Dangote and BUA cement factories are there. Dangote cement factory is $1bn and BUA cement factory is $500000m. We have quarry companies. Even though in austerity measure we will survive because we have fertile lands for agriculture.
edo boy have u gone into agriculture yet?
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by emmalexabl(m): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
Am really impressed with the southeastern states xcept IMO state..

What was our crime that God decided to punish us with okorocha cry cry

4 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Iceberg3: 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
Whaddafuc is with da isis and islamic inscriptions on da New post file page? Fanatics everywhere
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Bruteforce101: 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Fayose is a disgrace to our region, always ranting and causing trouble everywhere. Ediot

7 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by obayaya(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Emancipation:
There is no reason why Abia and Anambra shouldnt be ahead of Enugu. Abosulutely none. Even small ebonyi state is flexing hard.

Enugu has a wider spread than Anambra and Abia.

while Anambra and Abia economy rely on commerce (markets),SME and few industries, Enugu has the most developed services sector in the east. this services sector takes care of the services needs of the 5 eastern states. Enugu is leveraging that. Together with a well developed tax collection strategy and few industries, Enugu tops all other south eastern states.

Anambra and Abia are performing way below expectations though. I believe if they get their tax collection strategy right, they can comfortably knock Enugu off the perch.

Ebonyi has been outstanding.. I'm sure if their IGR for 2015 is updated, the figure will be somewhere close to that of Anambra and Abia if not above them. Ebonyi seems to have understood where their strength lies (Agriculture and mining) and they are pursuing it aggressively.

Imo is a disgrace.. A blot on the banner of the East.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Emancipation: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nigerians need to tell themselves the truth for once. The 36 state structure needs to be scrapped and replaced with 6 geopolitical regional government and equipped with fiscal federalism. Nigeria will never develope at this current pace. It took china only 30 years to go from one of the poorest countries to one of the richest.

4 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by chukzyblingz(m): 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ekiti is not doing good but why should any sane man compare Lagos and any other State in Nigeria? Lagos is not in the same league with any Nigerian state. for God sake that's where all the head offices and businesses are and it's not the handwork of the governor.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by PigMeat: 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
vedaxcool:

Cutting kpomo can never be a substitute for good governance.
wey cross river state for the list?
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Onenaira600: 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
I'm not even going to say anything. I'm not even going to say anything.

But I see people who told us they have the biggest IGR in south ranking lower than both SS and SE states.

As for Imo state, they seriously need to kick other rochas. Seriously

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
ERONX:
Imagine Nigerians....... Oxford DICTIONARY: New word inclusion. BUHARI /boo-ha-ree:/ Noun: buhari 1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough; e.g "The economy is now buhari for the masses" Synonyms: onerous, strenuous, arduous grueling, painful, hellish; Antonyms: easy, smooth, simple. Verb: buharify, buharicate, buharification; 2. to make complex, worse, unbearable; e.g "Please don't come and buharicate issues here" "The only way to reduce applicants is to buharify the process" Synonyms: complicate, exacerbate, degenerate; Antonyms: simplify, ameliorate. Adjective: buharific 3. terrible, hectic, difficult; Synonyms: tough, back-breaking, intricate, knotty,thorny; Antonyms: fantastic, splendid, pleasant. e.g "How was your final exams? It was buharific!!!" Good night friends.
grin
Yeye!
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
molydonhenry:
Thank God 4 my state delta, for my resident state rivers and for my wife's state Anambra
we delta's
we no day carry last
@ all.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by 989900: 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
The latest report on IGR reveals that only Lagos State generated more revenue than its allocation from the Federation Account by 150% and no any other state has upto 100% of IGR to the federal largese.

Lagos gives more than it takes . . . and that is about to go 'hyper' soon.

Kano is a big failure, this is a state that 'doctors' its census to come out larger than Lagos in population.

Cross river: done well (I'm surprised).

Ogun, Rivers, Delta, Edo: not bad . . . actually, relatively impressive.

Ondo state with all the resources, is a shame.

Kaduna, Katsina, Kwara, are some disgrace.

Abia: something is not right.

Oyo should be doing much better.

Anambra needs time I suppose.

Enugu and Ebonyi: pleasant surprise.

Imo, Ekiti, Kebbi, Zamfara, Sokoto: No comment. embarassed angry

Some states are just not worth mentioning. lipsrsealed sad

14 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by PigMeat: 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
StepTwo:
this is really bad. over dependence on federal revenue is killing most states.

but whatsa up with Cross River with all her tourism, i always expect to see that state among the top 5 when it comes to IGR.

cross river is not even in the list. I have done a review many times still i cant find it. Have u found it?.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by asha90: 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anambra is currently on the top 10 states with the largest IGR.

By next year Anambra should be on the top 5, I see that already because the IGR will climb to over 24billion by December this year.

All these useless states should be shut down and chase all its inhabitants away! cool
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by begwong: 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Those poor states were not even supposed to have been created in the first place,. They were created because of hidden agenda!
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by otokx(m): 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
StepTwo:
this is really bad. over dependence on federal revenue is killing most states.

but whatsa up with Cross River with all her tourism, i always expect to see that state among the top 5 when it comes to IGR.

Tourism that exists only in TV Adverts, kidnappers and cultists have since taken over Calabar.

4 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
datigbogirl:

I wonder what they have un Edo state that makes them generate such amount of money... Abi na winch?

It's actually simpler than what people think.

EDO IS A TRAVEL CORRIDOR STATE to the FULL EASTERN and WESTERN NIGERIA. A lot of trade and cash always pass in that corridor, no matter where to and from, people and goods originate or head to , North to East and East to West or vice versa.

KOGI equally should be benefiting to some lesser extent, if they get their act together.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by molydonhenry(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
wizzyenya:
we delta's we no day carry last @ all.
Only when last becomes first.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by quickly: 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
MusaIbrahim1:
That's why we in the north need the oil, we say no to Biafra

The north needs to focus on agriculture. The advent of oil introduced laziness and corruption into nigeria.

The most productive and rich countries don't have oil.and what if nigeria breaks up.

This are the things northerners need to be telling there leaders instead of wasting hundred of mmillions on hajj

4 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Udmaster(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
The North and their big for nothing desert landmass that is in their Economic liability states.
No wonder Biafra or Niger Delta Republic scares them because Oil money will be gone.
Am suprised by Edo IGR o.. Kudos to Ebonyi.
Imo is falling my hands, Okorocha sef.

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Qmerit(m): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
nickxtra:
Am proud of Gov. Oshiomole of Edo state. From a mere 3 billion Naira IGR generated annually, you came and by your courage, wisdom and a team of capable hands, including Mr. Godwin Obaseki, you took IGR of the State to almost 20 billion Naira per year, making the State one of the few viable states in Nigeria, yet some fools want Edo state to slip back into the hands of those that almost ruined it.

They are looking for what to share now you de mind pdp agents
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by HomeOfMe(f): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
ERONX:
Imagine Nigerians.......
Oxford DICTIONARY: New word inclusion.
BUHARI
/boo-ha-ree:/
Noun: buhari
1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough;
e.g "The economy is now buhari for the masses"
Synonyms: onerous, strenuous, arduous
grueling, painful, hellish;
Antonyms: easy, smooth, simple.
Verb: buharify, buharicate,
buharification;
2. to make complex, worse, unbearable;
e.g "Please don't come and buharicate issues here"
"The only way to reduce applicants is to buharify the process"
Synonyms: complicate, exacerbate, degenerate;
Antonyms: simplify, ameliorate.
Adjective: buharific
3. terrible, hectic, difficult;
Synonyms: tough, back-breaking, intricate, knotty,thorny;
Antonyms: fantastic, splendid, pleasant.
e.g "How was your final exams? It was buharific!!!" Good night friends.
Lol! You're very funny.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by bigiyaro(m): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ekiti poverty is sef imposed.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by otokx(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
wizzyenya:
we delta's
we no day carry last
@ all.

Don't be deceived - Delta is among the bankrupt states with government owing civil servants, the government is now asking them to bring first school leaving certificate before they will pay - looking for ways to make people ineligible but God pass them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos / Governor Rochas Okorocha's 55th Birthday Celebration In Pictures / Nigerians React To The Death Of Precious Owolabi, Channels TV Corper Reporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.