Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (91234 Views)

State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by john650(m): 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Anambra state.
We don't have big companies, we don't have oil, we don't have tourist attractions, we are a small state.

But we are the richest state in Nigeria and the economy or the state of the government doesn't affect us.

We are the king
How can you be the richest state in the nation and your number 8 on the list? How you dey take count your own? With that said, number 8 is not bad considering the states at the bottom of the list.

5 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by udumosam23(m): 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
Bluffly:

It is cancerous to sob over lost resources. Oil is not the surviving source for world powers so why can't the state put up strategic thinking caps and get the state moving on.

Just give her some time, modalities are in place to bring her back just where she belongs. Ayade is no dummy, his ministers aren't weak too. They'll definitely come up with a plan.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anambra have not started telling themselves the truth.

But how will it's IGR grow when it's not accountable as regards the way they generate money.

You have touts all over the place to generate money for you, and at the end you share it with them. Imagine.

#AnambraIt'sNowTimeForAccountability
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
mysticgal:

Give reasons for your opinion or I'd think you are just blabbing. Small ebonyi state. Smh undecided

How is he blabbing? To start with, Abambra has more markets than Enugu.

Why Enugu is topping is simply because of accountability. Enugu tax payers usually pay direct to through banks and consistently too. While in Anambra, touts collect taxes and remit what they like.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by obaino860: 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
tdayof:
Oyo coming out 7th and someone will come here and shout brown roof city while his or her state can afford less than this mega state.

please concentrate on d topic and don't raise useless issues please
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by StepTwo: 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Bluffly:

Please do not twist my words. Talk about other states and the FG from your stands and I will contribute either way, but do not be mischievous with my words.

ok Sir
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Legitbaba(m): 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
jpphilips:
That explains why Fayose has time to be talking rubbish!
The bingo is practically living off the Federation account yet can't show the president some respect.

Lolz.....na President get the money??
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by StepTwo: 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
udumosam23:

Just give her some time, modalities are in place to bring her back just where she belongs. Ayade is no dummy, his ministers aren't weak too. They'll definitely come up with a plan.

Obeten, so states don d get ministers?

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by StepTwo: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
john650:

How can you be the richest state in the nation and your number 8 on the list? How you dey take count your own? With that said, number 8 is not bad considering the states at the bottom of the list.

u d answer Anambra boys?

he doesnt even understand what the article is all about.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by alobright17(m): 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Abia state oma God's own state we rocks
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by ceejay4real(m): 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
investnow2013:
Lalasticlala see the Igr!!!!

Imo is doing so badly, why? Even Ebonyi is doing more than TWICE of Imo's figure. Na wa o! On a very serious note, the South East deserves at least one more state. Most of the states in the North are glorified Local governments, this country needs urgent restructuring. Even Kano with it's famed largeness doesn't even generate much. Why on earth does Kano get almost thrice more than Abia State gets from the Federation Account? There's a lot of cheating in this madhouse called Nigeria! No wonder Buhari is against the 2014 Confab report. Whether he likes it or not, this country must be restructured. Period!

3 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by VERDA: 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
Zico5:
See some misguided fellows above me blaming Buhari for their woes. Forgetting their main problem is their fellow tribesmen and women who enjoy massive looting under Gej. They will continue to lament unabated cos that is their food and water. They will never reason where matter cos corruption, fraud and embezzlement are their glory.

I don't understand what your saying,from the statistics above most of the south south states are doing very well,almost all of them in top 10, so....and we are talking about IGR.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by userplainly(m): 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
doublewisdom:
So something good can come out of Uduaghan.

I pray.... na cos of fear, everybody knows we r supoz to b d richest ... we should b better Dan lagos
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by VERDA: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
MusaIbrahim1:
That's why we in the north need the oil, we say no to Biafra

Funny you.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by VERDA: 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
jpphilips:
That explains why Fayose has time to be talking rubbish!
The bingo is practically living off the Federation account yet can't show the president some respect.

I do agree that fayose can be rash atimes...but is the money the presidents money,or does the president own the country? He like every Nigerian is entitled to his opinion.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Heavance(m): 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anyone thinking if Nigerians are given the opportunity to vote like the UK just did is dreaming o..... the northerners plenty tetete, they will vote for us to remain this yeye Nigeria (as it favours them). Na like this we go dey o, only serious fight can make us scatter, gentle vote no go do am
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by phanshark(m): 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
investnow2013:
Lalasticlala see the Igr!!!!
pls were is rochanomics that claim he have the ability to change the Nigeria econs but can even increase the IMO state igr & squandered the little he inherited 4RM PDP government for advertising his foolishness, rochasnomic indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Lushka(m): 11:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
I rep 042 coal city for life.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Funjosh(m): 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
We will keep on shining and dinning with the Top as Long as Nigeria is still in existence.

We are from OGUN cool

3 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by jude90(m): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by kenoz(m): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
hmmmm
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by dragunov: 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
EteEdoho:
North,to me is simply a dead heavy weight on the rest of us,sentiment aside!.

Imagine amidst the 19 northern states,its only Kano that beat the rubicon of bankrupt states,the rest 18 are as good as dead?.

Despite haven sapped the better part of our national life,by ruling more than 39yrs out of our 50+years of our nationhood,north has continued to remain a wicked parasite on the rest of us,more reason a call for true federalism or outright division,to them it's an invitation for. Truly i do understand,but i av' got to be blunt,it's time to cut down any tree that isn't bearing fruht!.

Therefore,still on the spirit of #BREXIT,i say let #BIAFREXIT be maintained,and the tempo hightened.

I AM VOTING OUT!.
Then fuq off
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by mysticgal(f): 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
AgricSalt:

How is he blabbing? To start with, Abambra has more markets than Enugu.

Why Enugu is topping is simply because of accountability. Enugu tax payers usually pay direct to through banks and consistently too. While in Anambra, touts collect taxes and remit what they like.
Guy I think you needed to see where I told the guy about enugu taxes helping to boost the igr. You should have looked better smiley
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by DonPedro21(m): 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
I am sucked that Ebonyi state IGR is more than tiwce that of Imo state.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Even with d duara man as presido and other previous northern presidoz plus northish appointments upandan... d northern states never fails to be under under and rock bottom..chai
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Rick9(m): 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
Edo rich state , then I graduated from Harvard University. Mark was my classmate
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by princecaskey1(m): 12:10am On Jun 27, 2016
This North is a bag of rotten potatoes
.....leave the south alone and start mining your natural resources
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by folem: 12:22am On Jun 27, 2016
princecaskey1:
This North is a bag of rotten potatoes
.....leave the south alone and start mining your natural resources
The North has more of the population that makes Nigerians boastful and their women are making more babies i.e. 7 babies per woman in her lifetime on the average as against 4 babies per woman in the South.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by temptnow: 12:36am On Jun 27, 2016
Rochas Rochas Rochas. Jesus is watching you . Scammer
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Omotaday(m): 1:00am On Jun 27, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Anambra state.
We don't have big companies, we don't have oil, we don't have tourist attractions, we are a small state.

But we are the richest state in Nigeria and the economy or the state of the government doesn't affect us.

We are the king
how are you the Richest state? , are your eyes closed? cant you see Lagos ,RIvers, Ogun topping the list.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by mrkings84(m): 1:52am On Jun 27, 2016
The north shall..... grin
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by kaypound(m): 2:42am On Jun 27, 2016
True federalism remains the solution to half of Nigeria's problem....
If we don't take that step and opportunity NOW. Nigeria itself may become a failed state.
These governors are lazy and full of nepotism without choosing capable hands in their team that can think outside the box that will move the state forward ....they all think of party members that they need to compensate for helping them rig elections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Teargas Davido At PDP Presidential Convention In Port Harcourt / See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos / Goodluck Jonathan At Heathrow In London Without The Bowler Hat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.