Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class (8956 Views)

Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria / Taiwo Bankole & Oyindamola Omotuyi Graduate With 5.0 CGPA In UNILAG (Pics) / Nigerian Girl Racially Abused In The UK For Her Struggle To Graduate(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
20 things you should do if you want to graduate with a first class or 2:1
1: Trust no one:
You may ask: including my friends? Yes I will say. Now I don’t mean that you should not cooperate with your friends in your academics, but you need to set a limit. “The heart of man is desperately wicked”. To avoid “over trusting”, ensure you read all you can when preparing for an exam or test. Don’t foolishly hold on to any friends opinion about how and what you should read and what you should not read, and etc.
2. Never try to be the first to finish an exam and leave the hall:
Remember you are in completion with no one in life. No two people’s journey are exactly the same- just like finger prints. After graduation no one will really care about what result you take home. Everybody faces his future. Settle down and write your papers well. Nobody ever remembers who first left the hall. They only remember who had the best grade.
3. Understand who you are:
Do not be a copycat. You have a test tomorrow, but you saw Yinka (the best in your level) playing football around 5pm. You are not prepared for the test, but you decided that well “since Yinka could be playing ball, and we are in the same department, it’s not a bad idea if I join him- I will read overnight”. You and Yinka are two different people; you might be a “day person” and he a “night person”, i.e. he assimilates better at night. He might be a fast reader and you might need a longer time. He might have read before playing, and just needs to play to allow what he has read “sink in” properly. Therefore, know what works best for you.
4. Attend most or all lectures:
I can count the number of lectures I missed throughout when I was in school. I think most ones I missed were as a result of sickness. This is common to all first class students. If you attend all lectures you will never miss impromptu tests and vital information from your lecturers, including “direct” and “indirect” AOC’s.
5. Try to sit in the first five rows of the lecture hall:
Do you know that no matter how many students are in a lecture hall; your lecturers actually take note of those who sit in front. You never know how far this can help you in future. That lecturer might end up being your project supervisor and he will treat you specially because he sees you as a serious student. Also you get to hear clearly whatever is being said by the lecturer and take down good notes. You might fall sick someday and miss his test. when you go to him for a makeup test, he will immediately recognise you and grant your request. He might not do this for others.
6. Set high goals every semester:
Having mediocre thoughts is the beginning of failure. When I was in school, I always set 5.00 as my goal every semester. I started with 4.89 in my 100 level first semester, and I still ended up with first class though I never got 5.00 in any semester. But, I have learnt that it is better you shoot to the sky and if you miss, at least you will fall on a star, than to aim at the roof.
7. Keep friends with like minds:
Have you ever seen an eagle playing with chickens? Eagles fly as high as 10, 000 feet. No chicken can dare dream of that height. Thus eagles can’t be friends with chickens. You can’t be a friend to someone who is not serious with his academics, unless off course to help them come up the academic ladder. A popular quote says “Birds of a feather flock together”.
8. Have a good mentor:
A lot of people have made unnecessary mistakes and fallen into errors due to poor information at their disposal. But, imagine if you had someone who has treaded that path before you, he will be able to tell you exactly what to do, and what not to do, where to pass and where not to pass and save you losses. I am a typical example. On entering university, I had this belief that only the “Albert Einstein’s” could get first class. But thank God for a mentor who changed my orientation and gave me a good foundation.
9. Have a protégé:
Do you know that having people who you teach and mentor could also boost your own performance? You know so well that you must not fail this people, as they are looking up to you for guidance, and therefore you will do all it takes to ensure you are at your best always.
10. Do all your tests and assignments:
Every assignment is very important to you getting 5.00. This is the reason why some people graduate with 4.48 or 4.49, instead of 4.50 and above. They played with one or two assignments or tests. They always said “how many marks is it sef, it can’t affect my CGPA”, but now it has. If you miss a test or assignment due to sickness or anything, ensure you see your lecturer’s to clarify it. Also, always ensure you always do your assignments yourself.
11. Do not misbehave to your lecturers:
Your lecturers can get back at you. Whether as class or as an individual, do not offend your lecturers. If peradventure you do, run after them immediately after the class to apologise- whether you are right or wrong, just apologise, because “power” is in their hands. Your class rep should be a responsible fellow who both lecturers and students love and who will take on the responsibilities of apologising on behalf of the class.
12. Project:
Most projects in universities are either five or six units; though some universities might split theirs into 3 units for each semester. I don’t need to tell you a story to make you understand how very important that is to your CGPA. Even having a B can bring you down from first class. Take your final year project seriously. Begin working on it from the first day of your resumption for final year. I outlined in detailed how to go about this In my bestseller book: How To Graduate First Class.
13. Every course is important:
Some students think that a one unit course can’t affect their CGPA. I will advise you that it is not over, until it is over. Keep doing your best till after your final exams. There is no rest till you get your certificate stating “First Class Honours”.
14. Get the right textbooks:
Do not be a miser. Try as much as possible to have all the important textbooks relevant to your course of study. If you are studying accounting and you don’t have Financial Accounting Made Simple (FAMS) or you don’t know Adeniyi Adeniji (cost accounting, management accounting, performance management, etc.) or Seyi Ojo (Taxation), or you are studying economics and you haven’t heard about M.L. Jhinghan, I doubt if you are in for first class in school. Also buy any recommended books and hand-outs sold by your lecturers- they may not make it compulsory, as many schools frown against that, but sometimes they use the list of buyers to award marks. Don’t cheat yourself.
15. Have a healthy body:
Do not read till you get sick. No, that is a bad idea. When I was in school, I always told my friends who I felt were reading “too much”, that what if you now fall ill and you are not able to go and write this test you are preparing for. There should be a balance, and that is why you must have a good personal timetable. “Health is wealth”, as they will always say. Without a healthy body, you can’t read. Ensure you do exercises regularly and eat fruits. Also do not overfeed yourself at any time. When you are too full, you won’t be able to read or concentrate properly.
16. Past Questions:
I will always recommend an aggressive use of past questions. The truth is sometimes, lecturers are so busy to even set test or exam questions. They could decide to lift past questions in whole, or in part, and God help you that you had studied or practiced such questions before the test or exam. You would just be smiling as you write without thinking too much or “counting the ceiling”. My school library always had past questions on its database and was free to be accessed by any student. I was a regular visitor there.
17. Library
It always surprises me when I see or hear stories of students who passed through an institution, without having an account with the library, or those who have an account, but such account is dormant. This is a typical example of what Nigerians will say: “you passed through the university, but the university did not pass through you”. First class students are hardly in this category. They are usually active users of the library, such that most of the library staff will even become familiar with them because they are regular users. The library contains a lot of resources, which will benefit your course if you take advantage of it.
18. Start well giving your 100%
Many students think that after leaving secondary school, they now own their life, and maybe the entire world. They begin to live as if nobody cares about what their life turns into. They say in their hearts: “well, let me enjoy my freedom this first year, and then by 200 level I will take my academics more seriously. They have forgotten that the C in “CGPA” means Cumulative, i.e. whatever you get now, will affect what you will finally graduate with. So after first semester 100 level, they got 0.15 CGPA, and the school didn’t waste time to put them on probation. At this point they will begin to consider leaving the school to start afresh somewhere else, or changing their departments to a “lesser” one. That is already the beginning of failure. Well, they can still finish with good grades if they repent and start afresh in a new department or in a new school. My first 100 level GPA of 4.89 was the pillar that held my CGPA till I graduated. Remember I had said earlier in this report that when I was in school, I always set 5.00 as my goal every semester. I started with 4.89 in my 100 level first semester, and I still ended up with first class though I never got 5.00 in any semester.
19. Manage your Finances properly:
There is one thing I know, that can make even the best student in a faculty fail. This one thing is the lack of money, or the excess of it. Both situations require proper management to handle the situation. One must not grow proud when he has money in excess. Also when one is in lack, you must learn to keep your hopes high and keep praying to have sufficient. I devoted a whole chapter to Financial Intelligence in my book: How To Graduate First Class. There, I covered financial intelligence for you for both when you are in school and when you graduate, so you don’t miss out on any aspect.
20. Trust GOD
You MUST trust God in all you do. Without God there is no you, but without you there is God. God is always there waiting for you to ask Him. Bible says “If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it”. Don’t hesitate to ask for Gods favour whenever you go for a test or exam, no matter how bad it went, or how bad you feel you performed. You must not say bad things about what you just wrote because Bible also says that “A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth”. So just tell God what you want and leave the rest to him. Moreover remember that you can’t change a thing about the paper you just wrote. Only the divine can do that. So just trust Him. He knows all, and is All in All.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hmn,I know I can still make it...Thanks
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oyin93:
yes you can with God nothing is impossible...
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
pls other experts post your contributions...so as to help our undergraduates...mods please help move this to front page..to encourage undergraduates
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by ugonna1054(m): 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Well the struggle is real........ at this point, it's only grace that can get me there cry im prepared for the
Worst but hoping for the best - "being positive doesn't change facts" wink

Yooo, to prospective first class students, the op is on point.....your year 1 and 2 goes a long way to determining your class of degree upon graduation. So be serious and get ur priorities right from the onset cos the higher u go the harder it becomes. First class is not an open sesame to being successful in life but it surely gives you an advantage.

So do your very best, aim for the best....if u dnt get d best u ll definitely get the 'better', like the op's illustration . if u dnt make a first, then a 2.1 is sure for u, this way u ll have no regrets and there would be no cause for you to use the phrase 'had i known' because u knww that u did ur best.

Goodluck to me and you in the race. cool

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by okangisaiah(f): 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
I really wish to graduate with First Class from the department of accounting but my 100 level I got 4.20. So scared because I don't know if I can still meet up with my target. I got more B than A.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Akkord4gov: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oyin93:

Know yourself,dont follow crowd,i only read 2hrs in a day,i didn't read in the night throughout my stay cos I just couldnt(i like sleeping). If you didn't start well,dont worry,u can end well. I started with 3.9 I guess. Can still scan my transcript to u to inspire u,i always wanted to be better than the previous. I never dreamt of 1st Class initially until 300L 2nd semester,since then too,i didn't change my style of reading yet I made it. I wish I can inspire you so you write my name among those that make you achieve your aim.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
Akkord4gov:

Know yourself,dont follow crowd,i only read 2hrs in a day,i didn't read in the night throughout my stay cos I just couldnt(i like sleeping). If you didn't start well,dont worry,u can end well. I started with 3.9 I guess. Can still scan my transcript to u to inspire u,i always wanted to be better than the previous. I never dreamt of 1st Class initially until 300L 2nd semester,since then too,i didn't change my style of reading yet I made it. I wish I can inspire you so you write my name among those that make you achieve your aim.
Thank you,will u be my mentor?
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Akkord4gov: 10:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
I don't want to argue with the op cos he has listed these with his experience and I agree that will be the experience of many first class graduates but I always wonder why mine was an exception

I made any friends(serious or unserious),i don't make use of the library always,i didn't start well from 100(maybe if I started well,i would have ended better),i am allergy to sitting in the front row,none of my lecturers knew me except my course adviser etc....

But in conclusion,all these points listed by the op are very important to make a First Class
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by okangisaiah(f): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=Akkord4gov post=46960073]

Know yourself,dont follow crowd,i only read 2hrs in a day,i didn't read in the night throughout my stay cos I just couldnt(i like sleeping). If you didn't start well,dont worry,u can end well. I started with 3.9 I guess. Can still scan my transcript to u to inspire u,i always wanted to be better than the previous. I never dreamt of 1st Class initially until 300L 2nd semester,since then too,i didn't change my style of reading yet I made it. I wish I can inspire you so you write my name among those that make you achieve your aim.[/quote

Are you for real? 3.9? Then I can still make it
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Akkord4gov: 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oyin93:

Thank you,will u be my mentor?

If you can be open.

...and let me advice you,dont follow pple to say there is no senior in the Uni,the way I read when I was in 100L,i can't read it again till I get my Phd,but 100L was my worst result. There are some lecturers that won't give u A if u don't collect extra sheet,some will fail u or give u D if u collect extra sheet(they no get tym for trash),some just need direct answers,some need you to even explain d answers,some want exactly what was written for u in class or his handout while some want you own personal understanding and words. I didn't know this but always try to impress when I was in 100L,got few A's and B's and more C's. When a senior guided me,95% of A's was the outcome. Most intelligent classmates of mine failed to know this,maybe the reason an average stdt like mine came out to be d best
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Akkord4gov:

If you can be open.

...and let me advice you,dont follow pple to say there is no senior in the Uni,the way I read when I was in 100L,i can't read it again till I get my Phd,but 100L was my worst result. There are some lecturers that won't give u A if u don't collect extra sheet,some will fail u or give u D if u collect extra sheet(they no get tym for trash),some just need direct answers,some need you to even explain d answers,some want exactly what was written for u in class or his handout while some want you own personal understanding and words. I didn't know this but always try to impress when I was in 100L,got few A's and B's and more C's. When a senior guided me,95% of A's was the outcome. Most intelligent classmates of mine failed to know this,maybe the reason an average stdt like mine came out to be d best
Hmmmmm,I really want to make me proud n of course my parents too
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Akkord4gov: 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=okangisaiah post=46960366][/quote]

Like Lil Kesh,my story changed when I was in 300l 2nd cmester. I think 8As and just a B. U can still make it. If time permit me,i will ask for ur mail to send u my transcript. Somtin like 3.9,4.1,4.2,4.3,4.44,4.48,4.5.....that was how I Was moving small small,not perfect though cos I don dey forget

I think I will have more time after my Msc entrance exam

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by CaptainEColeJnr: 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
OP
All these points you mentioned will only result in futility if you fail to add one thing.

What is that thing?

Hmmmmm

Guess wink

Avoid Girlfriends angry

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by rjek: 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
OP
All these points you mentioned will only result in futility if you fail to add one thing.

What is that thing?

Hmmmmm

Guess wink

Avoid Girlfriends angry
captaincole, u dey here too,
I hail o
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by CaptainEColeJnr: 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
rjek:

captaincole, u dey here too,
I hail o
Baba I dey everywhere ooo cheesy
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by headboiy: 10:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
Above all Mr Op, pray and fast against computer and human "errors" cry
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
okangisaiah:
I really wish to graduate with First Class from the department of accounting but my 100 level I got 4.20. So scared because I don't know if I can still meet up with my target. I got more B than A.
you can still meet up with your target...you are still in 100 level you have 7 more semesters/ opportunities.make the best use of your "lower levels".the fact is that nobody holds the monopoly of 1st class....i had a friend who started with 4.89 but didnt graduate with first class. i also had friends who were not on first class at the beginning,but ended up with it..just work hard...aim for the highest always& follow my suggestions above.God help you

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by oluwasammy(m): 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
pls advice me wot is my chance of ending wit first class or 2.1 altho i came in tru DE, presently in 200l buh due to sum factors i had low GP in my 1st semester dat s nt up to 2.1 pls wit dis can i stil meet up to my target of first class
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 27, 2016
oluwasammy:
pls advice me wot is my chance of ending wit first class or 2.1 altho i came in tru DE, presently in 200l buh due to sum factors i had low GP in my 1st semester dat s nt up to 2.1 pls wit dis can i stil meet up to my target of first class
To be honest with you the chances of making a first class is very slim to none but not impossible think of Leicester if you are football fan. Although you didnt state your supposedly low gpa so lets assume its very low around the pass range please correct me if I am wrong. Then in such a case You need a fairytale run of 5.0 gpa every semester till you graduate. Reason been that your first low gpa will keep dragging you back. But a 2.1 is quite possible just dont get below 4.points from now hencefort and you will just be fine.
Note it all depends on the duration of your course whether 3 or 4 years.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 27, 2016
Just to add a little to what the op has wrote. Resume early and start reading immidiately. You cannot make a first class by attempting to become the new superman. Cramming or reading through a whole semester's work in one night says only one thing about you. You are not ready. Fortune favours the brave not the unprepared fellow hoping to perform miracles.
Pulling all nighters during your exams trust me will just stop you from failing but can't get you to a first class cgpa.
The only time you can afford to have a poor gpa is your first year since your total credits units are not much. Anymore poor performance after your first and second year of study depending on duration of your course either 4 or 5years then your faith is sealed. No amount of fasting and miracles can change your class of degree again.
Finally learn to calculate your Cgpa yourself. I'm always amazed at a huge number of students that are clueless about the grading system in our universities.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Johnklein(m): 2:22am On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=Akkord4gov post=46960073]
know thyself

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by nanaman(m): 7:20am On Jun 27, 2016
My advice to first class aspirant(s)

1. Your course should be your hobby

If you're good in calculations,major in courses that has lots of calculations like Accounting,Economics,Statistics,Mathematics etc. If you're good in contemporary issues,love to argue and know about facts,you can delve into Law,International Relations,Political Science etc.

2. Understand your lecturer(s)

Students fail to understand their lecturers hence the reason behind failure. Some lecturers love straight to the point,extra sheet does not entice them neither do they like stories while some,you need to start very well,branch every angle you can remember and conclude properly,some just want good handwriting,good english and neatness and others mark with faces, I mean,those who answer questions and ask questions in class are termed to be brilliant.

3. Move with the right click,don't avoid the wrong click.

The right click is for your studies and better grades,the wrong click is for money,they will give you assignments,write attendance,collect your note to photocopy and explain courses to them before test or exams which you can use in revising,they find all means to get closer to lecturers and give you updates that only few are privy to. They alert you on dangers and keep you abreast ob current issues on campus.Make sure you keep them at arms length. They are easy to brainswash

4.Be smart.

A lecturer once told me, I need smart students not the brilliant ones. They want you to know somethiing about everything that is,have an idea of everything. Don't always be good in your field but be vast in other fields. Be it football,politics,.current issues and other thing you may think of because it shows when you're answering questions. It helps in digressing a little from what you've been taught in class.

5. Know yourself

6. Talk less,listen more.

7. Adhere to all what the OP said.

@will explain the few above later. Off to the exam hall to write my second to the last paper as an undergraduate. Wish me luck..!!!

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 7:52am On Jun 27, 2016
nanaman:
My advice to first class aspirant(s)

1. Your course should be your hobby

If you're good in calculations,major in courses that has lots of calculations like Accounting,Economics,Statistics,Mathematics etc. If you're good in contemporary issues,love to argue and know about facts,you can delve into Law,International Relations,Political Science etc.

2. Understand your lecturer(s)

Students fail to understand their lecturers hence the reason behind failure. Some lecturers love straight to the point,extra sheet does not entice them neither do they like stories while some,you need to start very well,branch every angle you can remember and conclude properly,some just want good handwriting,good english and neatness and others mark with faces, I mean,those who answer questions and ask questions in class are termed to be brilliant.

3. Move with the right click,don't avoid the wrong click.

The right click is for your studies and better grades,the wrong click is for money,they will give you assignments,write attendance,collect your note to photocopy and explain courses to them before test or exams which you can use in revising,they find all means to get closer to lecturers and give you updates that only few are privy to. They alert you on dangers and keep you abreast ob current issues on campus.Make sure you keep them at arms length. They are easy to brainswash

4.Be smart.

A lecturer once told me, I need smart students not the brilliant ones. They want you to know somethiing about everything that is,have an idea of everything. Don't always be good in your field but be vast in other fields. Be it football,politics,.current issues and other thing you may think of because it shows when you're answering questions. It helps in digressing a little from what you've been taught in class.

5. Know yourself

6. Talk less,listen more.

7. Adhere to all what the OP said.

@will explain the few above later. Off to the exam hall to write my second to the last paper as an undergraduate. Wish me luck..!!!
wow good luck to you and congrats in advance
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Akkord4gov: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2016
Johnklein:

More like my own story, I started with 3.78, became more serious from 200L where I started having 4. even had 5.0 in a semester, the most interesting thing is I didn't have a Cgpa of above 4.49 until after my last semester when I moved from 4.48-4.51
persistence and faith in God helped me, I wasn't a front row sitter, infact I love back row die, buh I took my assignment very serious, n prepare for a 10marks test as if I was preparing for a 400mark test.
I think the most important thing is to know thyself and remain focused.
As focused as I was, at least 85% of pple I roll with on campus (we can call them friends sha) didn't know I was a potential first class, and I wasn't noticed by any lecturer until my 500L.
Although I don't like telling too many pple I'm a first class graduate, (not really a big deal to me,i did it just to prove to myself that I can b better than my best)buh I think putting this here can inspire low starters, and to tell u that better Is the end than the beginning. And lastly let ur reason for becoming a first class student b true. don't cheat, don't steal don't lie. #Best of luck #Funaabite

Seriously,we get same stories,I graduated with 4.54 too. I hope others read ur stories too so they can know that the beginning might be important but not a determinant,focus is the major ingredient. I had those that started with 4.86,but later ended in 4.4. They used to say the higher the level,the harder the course,but the harder the course the more I was matured,focused and hardworking.
Don't like telling people too most importantly as work never show.#stillbelieving. The sky is our starting point

#Eksuite

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by oluwasammy(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2016
thanks to you all.... nd to dat my dude, writting his final exam i wish u success in all.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by ugonna1054(m): 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Akkord4gov:

Like Lil Kesh,my story changed when I was in 300l 2nd cmester. I think 8As and just a B. U can still make it. If time permit me,i will ask for ur mail to send u my transcript. Somtin like 3.9,4.1,4.2,4.3,4.44,4.48,4.5.....that was how I Was moving small small,not perfect though cos I don dey forget

I think I will have more time after my Msc entrance exam
mhen i go like see the transcript oo.....i need inspiration too
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by ugonna1054(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by okangisaiah(f): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
Johnklein:

More like my own story, I started with 3.78, became more serious from 200L where I started having 4. even had 5.0 in a semester, the most interesting thing is I didn't have a Cgpa of above 4.49 until after my last semester when I moved from 4.48-4.51
persistence and faith in God helped me, I wasn't a front row sitter, infact I love back row die, buh I took my assignment very serious, n prepare for a 10marks test as if I was preparing for a 400mark test.
I think the most important thing is to know thyself and remain focused.
As focused as I was, at least 85% of pple I roll with on campus (we can call them friends sha) didn't know I was a potential first class, and I wasn't noticed by any lecturer until my 500L.
Although I don't like telling too many pple I'm a first class graduate, (not really a big deal to me,i did it just to prove to myself that I can b better than my best)buh I think putting this here can inspire low starters, and to tell u that better Is the end than the beginning. And lastly let ur reason for becoming a first class student b true. don't cheat, don't steal don't lie. #Best of luck #Funaabite

Waaow I'm getting more inspired.

1st sem. 4.30. 2nd sem 4.2. That means there's hope

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by okangisaiah(f): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
ugonna1054:
me too.....4.2 100l 1st sem,4.91 2nd sem 4.05 200l 1st sem 4.74 2nd sem......4.51 current cgpa, awaiting 300l 1st sem results....im scared to my teeth cry

Heeey am seeing you already there. Gudluck.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by donzilaro: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
op plz gve me ur No...........
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
donzilaro:
op plz gve me ur No...........
Whatsapp: 08151807796 Phone: 08102747570

(1) (2) (Reply)

NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 / FRSC/KRSD Annual Essay Competition 2020: How To Apply / ASUU: AGF Is Frustrated Over IPPIS Enrollment Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.