Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,832 members, 7,828,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria (13871 Views)

Saleem Rufai: First Person To Graduate With First Class In Business Admin, UDUS / Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / How To Graduate With First Class In Any Tertiary Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:25am On Jun 30, 2018
Hello Fam!
I've been wondering why it is difficult to graduate with a first-class here in Nigeria (federal universities). I was on first-class from my 100 to 300 level. but coming to 400 level, I got an E in a four credit unit course which made me short of first-class slightly. i feel it was an intentional act by my department. why is it like that?
does anyone have such experience or probably heard of any?? pls share your experiences and views on this so we get comforted.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by EbukaHades10(m): 3:28am On Jun 30, 2018
Them don dey follow u since but waited for the right time to strike.

18 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40am On Jun 30, 2018
it was seriously painful bro. I was so discouraged ehn! but There is God anyway

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Jonasbadoo(m): 4:58am On Jun 30, 2018
Dont give up bro responsibility is the price of greatness... you are responsible for your success

5 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by pyyxxaro: 5:55am On Jun 30, 2018
MY LECTURERS THEN WOULD TELL YOU , FIRST IS FOR GOD grin

13 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by femi4: 6:58am On Jun 30, 2018
kam13:
Hello Fam!
I've been wondering why it is difficult to graduate with a first-class here in Nigeria (federal universities). I was on first-class from my 100 to 300 level. but coming to 400 level, I got an E in a four credit unit course which made me short of first-class slightly. i feel it was an intentional act by my department. why is it like that?
does anyone have such experience or probably heard of any?? pls share your experiences and views on this so we get comforted.
you got an E. Why do I have feelings that you failed the course and you were probably given an E cos of your level (400) and GP. If you are sure of yourself, you can call for your papers

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by SolutionMee: 7:18am On Jun 30, 2018
Why will any reasonable student graduate with first class in the first place? It's a waste of one's precious time and effort as it doesn't guarantee any durable success in the long run

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 30, 2018
because the system is garbabe. In my 100l i was on 4.7. As soon as my dept pple got to know me, dat guy dat seats at d back, d one dat doesnt talk to pple, the one with funky dressing , d one who wears chain bla bla bla. Naso GPA begin cut like fufu. 58,59 and 68 bcame my normal score . i just weak

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Kelamma(m): 7:18am On Jun 30, 2018
Simply because everything in Nigeria na muscle. The environment too harsh.
A lot of distractions and hindrances. Even the jealous,intimidated, out dated and mean lecturers are also a barrier.

9 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by kolawoleibukun2: 7:19am On Jun 30, 2018
how can you when the lecturer teaching you did not achieve the same? when tribalism full town how can a Yoruba man have first class in the north when the lecturers and HOD are northerners? How can one make first class when people from a tribe are given admission at 160 score while other tribes are asked to make 250 in Jamb score? No be the same jamb everybody sit for? abi jamb know state or tribe? until many things are scrapped it is difficult. I don see lecturer and HOD threatening students to deny them of first class if them no pay some cash. My cousin was warned to pay some cash if not she no go make 2.1. you can imagine the system.
funny thing be say if person talk poor rats way no get sense go begin attack you say make you submit your kpormor. make you pay the rabbah. and them go day defend the lecturers dem.
look at that old lecturer way enter student room to go fork her, the girl set am up. Nigerian court sentence the girl to prison. what a country! So an old man go enter my pikin room to fork her when he no day pay her bride price, school fees and rent? and when people protest dem go go jail? people blame the girl but put yourself in her place. school has no system. dem go say go senate. who be the senate? no be the same abusers?
first class is not difficult to achieve. many Nigerians are over the first class bar but they cannot achieve it. that is why you see many Nigerians blasting the first class abroad like say na nothing. they are over good but because of corruption, tribalism and personal sentiments, many people are denied opportunities.
abi una no no say students day follow mark students answer sheets?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by aragonchuks(m): 7:19am On Jun 30, 2018
Because it is as useless as the first class itself here in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by CChillz: 7:20am On Jun 30, 2018
First class isn't that difficult if you settle down and read and also if the school marks what you've written. its difficult only if there are lecturers there trying to frustrate you, but with God nothing is impossible.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by DrayZee: 7:20am On Jun 30, 2018
femi4:
you got an E. Why do I have feelings that you failed the course and you were probably given an E cos of your level (400) and GP. If you are sure of yourself, you can call for your papers
Are you saying you think he got an F?

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Folashade2016(f): 7:20am On Jun 30, 2018
Wack education system.

check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Truflame: 7:21am On Jun 30, 2018
I think the educational system has a way of rewarding serious and unserious students. Join link

https:///HxTInKFxVhq2MfgbsNAG1B
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Vanshmuell(m): 7:22am On Jun 30, 2018
What exactly are you looking for? First class?
Who first class epp? Forget first class,forget the paper certificate,use what you have inside to make urself. First class will tie u down,making you think you've arrived.
You shouldn't ask why it's difficult to make first class;atleast I've seen first class graduates with empty brains.it's simple to get first class,but it's hard and very difficult to have the brains and ability of a first class after graduation.
you should be more concerned about using the 2nd class,3rd class to achieve ur dreams..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:23am On Jun 30, 2018
kam13:
Hello Fam!
...I...Why...Does...

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Pavore9: 7:24am On Jun 30, 2018
A good number of the administrators and lecturers delight in cruelty.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by donbachi(m): 7:25am On Jun 30, 2018
Because no more sortings and sex for marks....and,most students loves and spends time on social media than with their studies.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:26am On Jun 30, 2018
donbachi:
Because no more sortings and sex for marks....and,most students loves and spends time on social media than with their studies.
...most students love and spend...

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 30, 2018
First class is for lecturers and the department/Faculty Sadist

Second class upper is for the intelligent/Sharp/sabi way wey no book small Niggas and ladies

Second class lower is for Brilliant but not intelligent/Mini Sharp/Sabi way Niggas and ladies

Nigerian Education System is Wack and Archaic

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by BlueRayDick: 7:28am On Jun 30, 2018
Lecturers! Their damn stupid ego won't allow them do the right thing.

I must confess my 100l was a little above 4 point, but I was beasting from 200l upwards and it got a stage that B was a rare occurrence in my results. But some lecturers had to show themselves sha.

Today I earn better than some of them that have been lecturers since I was in secondary school.

The joke is on them! I didn't get a first class but Ẹ get some places I will enter and they won't even get to see the door

11 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 30, 2018
It happens a lot in universities with archaic mentality lecturers (especially archaic gov't universities)

You'll hear them brag that "our 2.1 is other university's first class" as if they're NUC or ranking agency.

Same set of universities are known for 3, 4, 5, or even 10 years delay to get MSc that take only 1 year in UK universities.

Nigerian university system must be reformed

9 Likes

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by TegStitches(m): 7:29am On Jun 30, 2018
Because most lectures in Nigeria are saddist.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 7:30am On Jun 30, 2018
Dif
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by donnie(m): 7:31am On Jun 30, 2018
Because there are lecturers and students who believe so.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by abrahambest(m): 7:32am On Jun 30, 2018
I graduated with a First class. It wasn't difficult for me at all.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by adebrave1(m): 7:32am On Jun 30, 2018
Graduating with first class could have been easy if not for the following factors.

LECTURER A Lecturer who graduated with a second class lower and had spent 15 years or more struggling with his/her PhD. Such a Lecturer will not want students under him/her have better grades than he/she does.

STUDENTS Many a time, students go to school with such enthusiasm and passion to purse a career, however, after the first year such persons forget their purpose and go after the less important thing.

SCHOOL The school environment is most times not conducive for learning, leaving students with the inability to assimilate easily. Private universities are better off in this aspect.

EXAM Examination is not the best way to judge students. Many students are better than examination. Imagine forgetting a few points after entering the exam hall and no opportunity to get back and check

The factors doesn't end here. It goes on and on.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by ireneidiva(f): 7:34am On Jun 30, 2018
kam13:
Hello Fam!
One E will not stop you from getting a first class. I don't think the department intentionally failed you. Tell yourself the truth, did you write that exam very well? You still have enough chances to get your first class. So continue being excellent. Don't listen to these silly posters above me. Excellence is mandatory.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates / Advice To Freshers In Nigerian Higher Institutions / NUC Plans First Nigerian Universities Ranking In 14 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.