Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation (3665 Views)

Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery / The Tecno Phantom 6: Things You Didn't Know About The Phone / I Got My NTEL Sim Card... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
i dont know much abt phones but i did my research on nairaland b4 settling for samsung s5. i wanted camon 8 bt my last expwrience with techno made me change my mind; i was using techno A+ b4 which i got 2yrs ago. The phone was writing "memory full" and after abt 1week, it stopped working. i tried to put it on bt to no avail. it wont even charge sef so i gave it to an engnr @ computer village ikeja and till now he's yet ro fix it(since february). Nairalanders are always talking abt samsung here and there and now i've got the samsung, ME NO C ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE PHONE oo. it has fingerprint scanner.......And so? na dt 1 we wan chop ni?
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by fkpboss: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
if you want to see something special go buy Samsung S7

8 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Robinokhalifa(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
fkpboss:
abiie
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
fkpboss:

if i c person wey go buy ds s5 then i can get d s7
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
So how is the phone now beyond your expectation?? You people are somehow.

3 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by mommatriplets: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:
i dont know much abt phones but i did my research on nairaland b4 settling for samsung s5. i wanted camon 8 bt my last expwrience with techno made me change my mind; i was using techno A+ b4 which i got 2yrs ago. The phone was writing "memory full" and after abt 1week, it stopped working. i tried to put it on bt to no avail. it wont even charge sef so i gave it to an engnr @ computer village ikeja and till now he's yet ro fix it(since february). Nairalanders are always talking abt samsung here and there and now i've got the samsung, ME NO C ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE PHONE oo. it has fingerprint scanner.......And so? na dt 1 we wan chop ni?

you bought a lexus, expecting the performance of a bugatti!.
s5 was released in 2013/2014, so you still expect it to be off da hook?.
go buy s7 or even s6 edge, smh

7 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by timbros(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
Why are you confusing people here?

Your topic says that the phone is far beyond your expectations while the body of your post is telling us how the phone is far below your expectations.

Please make up your mind and clarify us.

4 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by guyXander(m): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:

If had cash, I would have bought the phone from you and when I'm done pimping it, you'll regret selling it.
only geeks will know what's special with Samsung.

4 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by d33types: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:

I have nothing against tecno but if you actually bought an original Samsung S5 without factory faults, it should beat a camon c9 or even future c10. they are not mates in any way

Infact, I put it to you you are a tecno marketer. even an S4 will outmatch a Camon c8

19 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
guyXander:

If had cash, I would have bought the phone from you and when I'm done pimping it, you'll regret selling it.
only geeks will know what's special with Samsung.

seriously i wont even think twice to give it away for 50 since i bought it for 55. meanwhile, could u pls tell me wot & wot i shd look out for frm d phone. plssssss
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
d33types:

I have nothing against tecno but if you actually bought an original Samsung S5 without factory faults, it should beat a camon c9 or even future c10. they are not mates in any way

Infact, I put it to you you are a tecno marketer. even an S4 will outmatch a Canon c8

lol.......sebi i don talk am b4 say i be novice wen it comes to phones. All i want is just to browse and get good games to while away d time wt. im just saying samsung is over-hyped cos wot ds sansung can offer @ expensive price other phones like techno and infinix can offer it @ a cheaper price
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by jesbu(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
You bought a refurbished galaxy s5.
Buy original you would see the difference.
Coming from a phone seller.

5 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Esotericbaby: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
d33types:

Infact, I put it to you you are a tecno marketer. even an S4 will outmatch a Canon c8

like seriously ? a tecno marketer, person wey dey bash tecno lol. some people just no wan see or hear tecno at all. anyways op if yout to be wowed then go for s6 or s7 or even iphone 6 or lg g5.
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
thank u *timbros* for the correction. glo has notified me dt my mb wl soon finish(6gig i bought last week) so i ddnt even proof read i just posted it.Anyway, u can c dt i've done s correction
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by d33types: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:

lol.......sebi i don talk am b4 say i be novice wen it comes to phones. All i want is just to browse and get good games to while away d time wt. im just saying samsung is over-hyped cos wot ds sansung can offer @ expensive price other phones like techno and infinix can offer it @ a cheaper price

okay..one for you..I understand

if you just want the normal browsing,music,camera, Samsung is overkill for you.tecno will do and will get good value for your money

Samsung has wide customisation options that will not fancy a normal user..
such things as xda developers custom rom support, instructibles.com mods etc are for the geeks only.

till any tecno phone features a Qualcomm processor with NFC,..........vamoose

4 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by timbros(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:
thank u *timbros* for the correction. glo has notified me dt my mb wl soon finish(6gig i bought last week) so i ddnt even proof read i just posted it.Anyway, u can c dt i've done s correction

You're welcome.

Like someone said above, S5 is a fairly older device so you can't expect all the wow features by 2016 standards on the device.
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by captainbangz: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
op! no be say tekino no good fa. e good but Samsung na wetin dem dey call VALUE 4 MONEY, if no be because of the specs then name for the time wey e go last.thank yur
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
*jesbu*, me sef don think am b4 bt thank God for nairaland. There's thread on how to check the status of samsung phone and after i put all d codes, my samsung na COMFIRM o
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Youngpo413: 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Novice indeed...
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by ewizard1: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:

3 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by bobo65(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
d33types:

An s3 out matches c8
Im using both phones
The only thing c8 got over s3 is battery

3 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by tdayof(m): 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:

lol.......sebi i don talk am b4 say i be novice wen it comes to phones. All i want is just to browse and get good games to while away d time wt. im just saying samsung is over-hyped[b] cos wot ds sansung can offer @ expensive price other phones like techno and infinix can offer it @ a cheaper price[/b]

Future Impossible tense bro. I have used a lot of tecno and Infinix phones and i can confirm it's not possible.
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by femolala001(m): 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:

hw much u buy d s5??
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by OmichaelO: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
Maybe because you're a lady

Samsung Galaxy S5 was referred to as Almighty during it's time!

as it is now, I can say it's better than all techno or infinix flagship phones

You have unlimited possibilities with your S5, from tweaking, custom roms with some s7 and note 5 features, xposed , camera, fingerprint and it's mediocre water proof capability

you can't get tired, you're under utilizing the phone.

Mbok, Come and sell for me when I receive allowance

2 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by femolala001(m): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:

hw much be s6 and s7
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Favored4gud: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
Op before you buy phone always list out features you want the phone to have, review the features online, likewise read more about the features. Then research for a phone that has most of the features you want. One phone will NOT have all you want, then you begin to shop for that phone. If you are going to use 2 phones the second phone should carry the features you had to forgo for the first one.

Samsung phones are good and reliable depending on what you want. Do not buy a phone because everyone says its good but cos of what you like about the phone, also do not restrict your research to just nairaland try other sites like www.engadget.com www.cnet.com www.techradar.com www.gsmarena.com and Marques Brownlee - YouTube videos for phone reviews. With all these site and more you should get better view of any phone you decide to buy in future.

I use a Samsung Note 4, love the phone for certain features, Samsung phones are known for average battery life. So i make sure to keep apps closed or deleted if not in use often. Hope this helps for your next phone purchase.
forlahkhe:

1 Like

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Ana5000(f): 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
bobo65:

An s3 out matches c8
Im using both phones
The only thing c8 got over s3 is battery
Well, in terms of affordability, c8 takes the cake.
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Dam5reey(m): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
The op is saying the truth jare S5 was a crap. Seem... I have said this on a thread 2weeks back.. s5.

The 16MP flops. No OIS in a flagship...
Ram is 2GB
Designed like toy..
Someone was trying to buy the rubbish for N130k..

Samsung is only Selling Name

S6 was released to correct after 5 months
Techno j8 would have been a best bet 3 weeks ago
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by kulex2k1(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dam5reey:
The op is saying the truth jare S5 was a crap. Seem... I have said this on a thread 2weeks back.. s5.

The 16MP flops. No OIS in a flagship...
Ram is 2GB
Designed like toy..
Someone was trying to buy the rubbish for N130k..

Samsung is only Selling Name

S6 was released to correct after 5 months
Techno j8 would have been a best bet 3 weeks ago

smh.......
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by bobo65(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ana5000:

Well, in terms of affordability, c8 takes the cake.

Used c8 is around 25k, new is 39k

Used s3 can b 18k, new would be like 35k
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
i wish i had enof megabyte to quote everyone that has contributed in 1 way or d other bt glo don show me pepper, so i cant. All d same, fenk u to all for ur quota esp dt person up there who took his time to explain wot im suppose to get frm my s5. Adupe pupo*smile* Lest i forget, CANT I CHANGE my signal to 2G or 3G ni? my s5 is always on 4G and it consumes data like kilode...
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by guyXander(m): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:

seriously i wont even think twice to give it away for 50 since i bought it for 55. meanwhile, could u pls tell me wot & wot i shd look out for frm d phone. plssssss
first of all, upgrade it to Android marshmallow 6.0
Cyanogen mode or stock.
I'd prefer Cyanogen Mode.
customize via themes. change boot image.
The long and short is there's alot you're yet to discover.
Like applying Cyanogen Mode OS, tecno and their likes don't have updates from Cyanogen Mode.
please don't change your phone. Samsung is a great phone. Plus if your phone falls and the screen breaks it's screen is still going to work perfectly because of the Corning gorilla glass plus there are more sensors in Samsung than in all there silly tecno phones.
let me stop here.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Androidone 5.1.1 Custom Rom For Infinix X554 (hot 3) [mt6580] Users Download / Samsung A30 OR SAMSUNG M30 OR Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 / What Do You Think About Tecno Phantom 9?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.