Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation (3666 Views)

Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery / The Tecno Phantom 6: Things You Didn't Know About The Phone / I Got My NTEL Sim Card... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by OmichaelO: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dam5reey:
The op is saying the truth jare S5 was a crap. Seem... I have said this on a thread 2weeks back.. s5.

The 16MP flops. No OIS in a flagship...
Ram is 2GB
Designed like toy..
Someone was trying to buy the rubbish for N130k..

Samsung is only Selling Name

S6 was released to correct after 5 months
Techno j8 would have been a best bet 3 weeks ago
shocked shocked
Something That Was Released Two Years Ago, You're Refering To It As Flagship? What Year Are You In?
After S5, There Was Note 4, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, Note 5, S7, S7 Edge. What's Your Beef With Samsung?

PS: You called s5 camera a flop? really? i give up
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
guyXander, God go bless u yafun yafun. dt's y l lov ds forum cos u wl always meet pple dt are willing to share their knowlege. 3 gbosa 4 every1 dt has contributed to ds theead
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by guyXander(m): 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:
guyXander, God go bless u yafun yafun. dt's y l lov ds forum cos u wl always meet pple dt are willing to share their knowlege. 3 gbosa 4 every1 dt has contributed to ds theead
you're welcome
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by guyXander(m): 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
forlahkhe:
i wish i had enof megabyte to quote everyone that has contributed in 1 way or d other bt glo don show me pepper, so i cant. All d same, fenk u to all for ur quota esp dt person up there who took his time to explain wot im suppose to get frm my s5. Adupe pupo*smile* Lest i forget, CANT I CHANGE my signal to 2G or 3G ni? my s5 is always on 4G and it consumes data like kilode...
Change it in settings. But if doesn't work type in this code in your dialer *#*#4636#*#*
it should work. Though it doesn't work in some Samsung phones.
after you dial that code, enter device information, then you see wcdma, change it to GSM.

Note, your phone is in 3G. The sign for 3G and 4G in some Samsung phones especially AT &T models is the same, which is the 4G sign.

so what you're seeing as 4G is actually 3G.
So there's no need to change it. Unless you want to change it to 2G.

Here's a screenshot of my s3 that's on 3G but displays 4G.

2 Likes

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by mikron(m): 12:17am On Jun 28, 2016
d33types:

I have nothing against tecno but if you actually bought an original Samsung S5 without factory faults, it should beat a camon c9 or even future c10. they are not mates in any way

Infact, I put it to you you are a tecno marketer. even an S4 will outmatch a Camon c8
gbammmm
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by mikron(m): 12:19am On Jun 28, 2016
forlahkhe:

lol.......sebi i don talk am b4 say i be novice wen it comes to phones. All i want is just to browse and get good games to while away d time wt. im just saying samsung is over-hyped cos wot ds sansung can offer @ expensive price other phones like techno and infinix can offer it @ a cheaper price
samsung is still king of phones in the market, make no mistake about that

1 Like

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by TheAziz: 4:37am On Jun 28, 2016
forlahkhe:

lol.......sebi i don talk am b4 say i be novice wen it comes to phones. All i want is just to browse and get good games to while away d time wt. im just saying samsung is over-hyped cos wot ds sansung can offer @ expensive price other phones like techno and infinix can offer it @ a cheaper price
Samsung is over hyped? do you know how durable their phones are?

1 Like

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 28, 2016
timbros:

You're welcome.

Like someone said above, S5 is a fairly older device so you can't expect all the wow features by 2016 standards on the device.
really nothing to do with years. op is just a learner.
i use an lg3 released 2 years ago and it still beats many phones handsdown. qualcomm processor, 3gb ram, 32gb storage, 5.5 (1440x2560 qhd), 538 ppi, regular OTA update e.t.c. what else do i need in a 2016 phone, has some cool LG features that some phones like tecno can't have in 10 years time.. infact, it still sells alot overseas as an high end phone despite being a 2014 phone. lol
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by sleekyjay(m): 7:05am On Jun 28, 2016
guyXander:

change boot image.

is that the logo that appears when the phone boots?
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 7:21am On Jun 28, 2016
My head is really swelling on how u guys ar willing to hep o, God go bless all of u jaburata o....and hope u guys wont mind if i quote u or send u a personal e-mail later weneva i need help with my phone sha?
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by forlahkhe: 7:35am On Jun 28, 2016
pls how do u manage data then and wch network is d best to use. i use glo and i bought 1.5gig it finished after 7days so i bouught another one, 6gig for 2k and it finished after 1week also and na only nairaland i dey visit o.

guyXander:

Change it in settings. But if doesn't work type in this code in your dialer *#*#4636#*#*
it should work. Though it doesn't work in some Samsung phones.
after you dial that code, enter device information, then you see wcdma, change it to GSM.

Note, your phone is in 3G. The sign for 3G and 4G in some Samsung phones especially AT &T models is the same, which is the 4G sign.

so what you're seeing as 4G is actually 3G.
So there's no need to change it. Unless you want to change it to 2G.

Here's a screenshot of my s3 that's on 3G but displays 4G.
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by guyXander(m): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2016
sleekyjay:

is that the logo that appears when the phone boots?
yes
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Ana5000(f): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2016
bobo65:

Used c8 is around 25k, new is 39k

Used s3 can b 18k, new would be like 35k

Hayce, Mr Oga. The S3 costs over 50k not 35k. The C8 is more affordable https://www.naijatechguide.com/2013/03/samsung-galaxy-s3-price-in-nigeria.html
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by bobo65(m): 8:24am On Jun 28, 2016
Ana5000:

Hayce, Mr Oga. The S3 costs over 50k not 35k. The C8 is more affordable https://www.naijatechguide.com/2013/03/samsung-galaxy-s3-price-in-nigeria.html

Leave all these Nigerian prices

Enter eBay and check the price

How Can s3 cost more than 50k

How much is s4?
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by guyXander(m): 8:24am On Jun 28, 2016
forlahkhe:
pls how do u manage data then and wch network is d best to use. i use glo and i bought 1.5gig it finished after 7days so i bouught another one, 6gig for 2k and it finished after 1week also and na only nairaland i dey visit o.

I hardly sub. Though I subed last month via glo 2500 for 10gig
I mostly browse with browsing tweaks.
maybe you should Google 'etisalat bis June 2016'.
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Ana5000(f): 8:27am On Jun 28, 2016
bobo65:

How much is s4?

I don't know if you are being serious or just trolling me. Obviously, Samsung is known for their pricey phones. C8 is much more affordable.
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by bobo65(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2016
Ana5000:

I don't know if you are being serious or just trolling me. Obviously, Samsung is known for their pricey phones. C8 is much more affordable.

Well I did the check and u r kind of right price wise

But it's quite disheartening that a 2012 phone out matches a 2015 phone

I still say this, c8 is the worst phone iv used this year

1 Like

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Pdizzle(m): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2016
d33types:

I have nothing against tecno but if you actually bought an original Samsung S5 without factory faults, it should beat a camon c9 or even future c10. they are not mates in any way

Infact, I put it to you you are a tecno marketer. even an S4 will outmatch a Camon c8

Even a S3 will outmatch c8, s5 is a beast it will do anything for you. Which of your expectations were not actually met?
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by dobys(f): 10:32am On Jun 28, 2016
forlahkhe:
i dont know much abt phones but i did my research on nairaland b4 settling for samsung s5. i wanted camon 8 bt my last expwrience with techno made me change my mind; i was using techno A+ b4 which i got 2yrs ago. The phone was writing "memory full" and after abt 1week, it stopped working. i tried to put it on bt to no avail. it wont even charge sef so i gave it to an engnr @ computer village ikeja and till now he's yet ro fix it(since february). Nairalanders are always talking abt samsung here and there and now i've got the samsung, ME NO C ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE PHONE oo. it has fingerprint scanner.......And so? na dt 1 we wan chop ni?

if u see nothing special about samsung get s6edge its about 256k atm grin grin anyways d camera is madddd n it last long. my last samsung i used it for 2yrs noo wahala n d screen broke in the 1st yr of usage was in d second yr it started fucking up. though it ons buh d Bleep up plenty.
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by d33types: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2016
Pdizzle:

Even a S3 will outmatch c8, s5 is a beast it will do anything for you. Which of your expectations were not actually met?

You're very correct..I guess the OP needed just a normal phone-browsing, camera, music
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by dasphinx1(m): 11:54am On Jun 28, 2016
bobo65:

How much is s4?

I wonder o
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Baroba(m): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dam5reey:
The op is saying the truth jare S5 was a crap. Seem... I have said this on a thread 2weeks back.. s5.

The 16MP flops. No OIS in a flagship...
Ram is 2GB
Designed like toy..
Someone was trying to buy the rubbish for N130k..

Samsung is only Selling Name

S6 was released to correct after 5 months
Techno j8 would have been a best bet 3 weeks ago

A phone that was released first quarter of 2014, that's considered stone age in smartphone years, at that time, 2gb was the norm for most flagships.. For Samsung to be only selling name as you claim, there must be something in that name for them to be recognised as the biggest phone manufacturer in the world.. 16 mp flop?? It was a good camera for its time..

1 Like

Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Ana5000(f): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
bobo65:

Well I did the check and u r kind of right price wise

But it's quite disheartening that a 2012 phone out matches a 2015 phone

I still say this, c8 is the worst phone iv used this year

LOL. That's you sha.. Many people like the C8
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by ShiroSan: 7:48am On Jul 04, 2016
err, maybe the price didnt meet your expectations, but there are new phones out there ...cheap and very good
Re: I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation by Dam5reey(m): 8:55am On Jul 04, 2016
Baroba:

A phone that was released first quarter of 2014, that's considered stone age in smartphone years, at that time, 2gb was the norm for most flagships.. For Samsung to be only selling name as you claim, there must be something in that name for them to be recognised as the biggest phone manufacturer in the world.. 16 mp flop?? It was a good camera for its time..

And still sells for 130k..

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Tecno Phantom 9? / Turn Your Smartphone Into A Wireless Router In 5mins / Tecno Phantom Pad Mini Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.