Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG (50778 Views)

Buhari Removes Mamora, Bugaje And Tallen From New Ambassadorial List / Ambassadorial List: Buhari Agrees To Withdraw Nominees / Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by nairalandankrah: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
with all due respect mr Buhari I think you Are a Joker..

3 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by able20(m): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
Buhari and his team need treatment from their Alzheimer Disease free

1 Like

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by rose54321: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
Even a thief when accused will put up a defense. I am not amazed with this.

I implore the SGF to re-read the petition written by the directors of ministry of foreign affairs, the omission from the states he mentioned wasn't the focal point.

In the event that after reading the petition again he is still unable to comprehend the English used, let me simplify it:
1) Borno State, has three nominees, while Adamawa, Bauchi, Kano and Katsina has two each. What criteria was used to select multiple candidates from some states

2) disregard for seniority: nominees from Adamawa, Benue, Borno, Katsina, Kebbi, Ekiti, Kogi and Lagos states were junior officers, who have been elevated above more senior and experienced colleagues.

3) selection of 10 out of 47 nominees from National Intelligence Agency (NIA). This is against the rules establishing the NIA as a separate entity from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a flagrant violation of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 1961.

Please SGF I await your response.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Goahead(m): 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
A demeaning insult to the people of Ebonyi state embarassed

This Administration is a joke!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Akon419(m): 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
So Buhari is telling us that zamfara state which are mostly cattlemen has more qualification for ambassadorial post that those state. This man is a mistake Walahi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by SageTravels: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nuttybynature:
I think the qualification of the president should be more than that of any of his appointee.. And by implication, there is nobody in those states who have SSCE that even the president did not possess Or what are they trying to tell us?
I taya for this naija oo

Bro waiting oooo.

you mean The whole of Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Plateau
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by feldeno: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
i will like to know that particular criteria that disqualified those four state from the list.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by sojics(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
But we have a qualified person from katsina ruling the entire Nation, rubbish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by lumzybo: 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
I give up on this guys. This is so lame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Vision4God: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Laughing in spanish
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by salamialfred: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Qualification is not necessarily about academic certificates , wailers are getting it all wrong.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by badonkadonk: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
ckmayoca:

https://www.today.ng/news/national/143680/ambassadorial-list-qualified-candidates-states

Na so madness dey start.... How can u outrightly say that in a state; that contains millions of people that help in achieving a certain thing called IGR for the state, I mean in a whole state, u can't find a single person that deserves to be an ambassador...!

Isn't that stewpidity at its peak?

I mean even in a family of bad children.. The father can still find one that is worthy to at least try to find one to represent him in certain roles...

Not to talk of a whole state...

In short... I give up...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by plaetton: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
ChelseaDr:
None qualified to be an Ambassador? This must be a joke!!
....and some states were over qualified to merit double ambassadorial nominees....smh for this APC government!

A joke, a tragic joke indeed.

Imagine shocked

Qualifications has taken on an entirely new meaning with these jokers.

4 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by BABANGBALI: 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
That's why it's good to go school. People from those states no dey like to go school. Dats why lala still dey struggle with GCE & NECO at age 38 he is from one of those states
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by bilazego(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
The north are always the most qualified when it comes to federal appointments. They never excels where there's an unbiased umpire.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by DEAFandDUMB(f): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is quite understandable cos what they were trying to communicate is that the four States do not have APC loyalist that are qualified to be nominated as Ambassadors and the qualified ones in the four states belongs to the opposition and can't be nominated.

"ita clausa" meaning case closed in Latin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by paulbets: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
This man sef... Which criteria is that one? Tell us already na?
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by phelix001: 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
an average southerner and south easterner is more learned than the entire north.

5 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by plaetton: 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
salamialfred:
Qualification is not necessarily about academic certificates , wailers are getting it all wrong.

Really?

OK.

Enlighten us how Kano State, for example, has qualified ambassadorial nominees while Ondo state, for one, has NO qualified ambassadorial nominee in the entire state.

2 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by plaetton: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
Tribalism, Sectionalism, NEPOTISM and Cronyism are the grand parents, and the mother and father of CORRUPTION.

Therefore, this government is not only corrupt, but is actively promoting CORRUPTION.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by HAH: 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
Most of the people commenting are not having an idea of what is called a career diplomat.

In Nigeria career diplomats are staff of fed ministry of foreign affairs that have passed through the foreign service academy or staff of NIA( Nigeria intteligence Agency)

For one to be an ambassador as a career diplomat he must altleast be level 16 officer.

The list the SGF is talking about is purely for career diplomat not political appointees like Bianca Ojukwu, so is very possible that some state may not have career diplomat up to level 16.

However the president at his discretion can appoint politicians as ambassadors on a separate date.

2 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by horlabiyi(m): 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
What are the qualification?
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by sinteiking(m): 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Ah well....appointing an ambassador from one's state does not provide jobs for the citizens of the state....or visas for that matter to any of the countries they are posted to.

In my opinion, the people of the 4 states missing out should focus on what their governors and LG chairmen are doing, rather than an ambassadorial position which helps no one.

My state has sent lots of ambassadors to XYZ....yet...I cannot see any benefit.
why not call a spade a spade? D issue here is not about ambassadorial benefits to the people but the facts dat some states were ommited based on the criteria given by the FG SGF which lays emphasis on qualifications. The question is 'is dere no qualified persons from dose ommited states? Nigeria is a federal entity and hence d federal character shud not b neglected but fully observed even as much as one can get enof qualified people from one region alone, d reason 4 dis federal character is 4 evry region or state to feel dey belong. federal character enhances unity as every region or states feels dey are part of d govt n dey r carried along

6 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by paroski: 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mr SGF that means your president buhari is not qualified to be president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by dahmie2013: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Even my state! cry cry
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Mintek: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
See lie abeg.

Omenka (Progressive001), NgeneUkwenu, seunmsg, aressa, DropShot (PassingShot) et al

cheesy grin
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Roadmike(m): 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
[size=20pt]Interesting think there is something about the Borno State. Guess the state is being compensated for doing a marvelous job of creating the platform that made the removal of GEJ very easy. Recent employment even at the SSS, the state was give twice its offer of 20 compared to about 10 for most southern states. Worst of all no regard was given for the Southern Borno which often is the most read region of the State. There own offence is that they are Christian an endangered group or sect. Sai Babab indeed. [/size]

rose54321:
Even a thief when accused will put up a defense. I am not amazed with this.

I implore the SGF to re-read the petition written by the directors of ministry of foreign affairs, the omission from the states he mentioned wasn't the focal point.

In the event that after reading the petition again he is still unable to comprehend the English used, let me simplify it:
1) Borno State, has three nominees, while Adamawa, Bauchi, Kano and Katsina has two each. What criteria was used to select multiple candidates from some states

2) disregard for seniority: nominees from Adamawa, Benue, Borno, Katsina, Kebbi, Ekiti, Kogi and Lagos states were junior officers, who have been elevated above more senior and experienced colleagues.

3) selection of 10 out of 47 nominees from National Intelligence Agency (NIA). This is against the rules establishing the NIA as a separate entity from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a flagrant violation of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 1961.

Please SGF I await your response.

3 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by OLUOMO80: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
Kilode nay only dem Walsh come.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by qleap2all(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
Likei:
buhari is not qualified to govern nigeria.
And Nigerians voted for him massively
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Sobeautiful: 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
A president without ordinary SSCE (WAEC) says PH.D holders are not qualified based on the illiterate standard he set. Degree holders are not qualified while he without WAEC is qualified. Can you imagine? He is occupying the greatest office in the whole nation without even the least certificate, then says the educated elites are not qualified to occupy a lesser position. There's nothing someone won't hear in this country. Don't know whether to laugh or weep for Nigeria. At least we have seen the change we clamoured for. Everybody can now rest. (It's today l believe that some people are actually zombies. See them stupidly and shamelessly defending injustice and evil. Even if Buhari cuts off their head, they will from the grave defend such action.) The question is, "How did we get here?" But whatever it is, when God says enough is enough, then enough will really be enough. NONSENSE!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is just change oo nd you people are complaining. When dole finally arrive watin una go come do
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by ajepako(f): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
This man's administration is not hiding its hatred for certain regions at all..

His prejudice and blatant hatred and disdain are so damn obvious...

So pathetic...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Writes President Buhari Over Kano Mysterious Deaths / NNPC Is Now 'northern Nigeria Petroleum Company' - Nigerians Slam Buhari / Buhari Extends Eased Lockdown By 4 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.