Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG (50777 Views)

Buhari Removes Mamora, Bugaje And Tallen From New Ambassadorial List / Ambassadorial List: Buhari Agrees To Withdraw Nominees / Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Mrfred43(m): 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
SGF u re bias, tribalistic!!! We will not agree with u.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by bclint: 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Is it nt every tin dat de president shld be blamed of, it serves dem rit especially Bayelse dey shld knw dat he hz nt strted dealing wit dem...let dem seat up
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by nkemjacob2(m): 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
this federal character is really cussing wahala. Those state am sure corruption will b d reason why dey select dis half baked candidates which make d federal gvt to reject dem. We nid patrotism and professionalism not federal character wit no sense
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by mikkypel(m): 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
EbukaLive:

The three of you please don't lie. Did you read the article or you are only commenting based on the headline?

I took my time to read it.. Any problem?
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by EbukaLive(m): 11:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

Another trash from another 'we Ibos' yoruba muslim. Abeg smell go one side with your cheap arab perfume. I guess you are also 'ibo' who believe that Zamfara is more educated than Ebonyi and Ondo. Obailala is that you? grin

Bufoons can't even intelligently hide their default yoruba muslim/fulani odour when making 'we ibo' claims. grin grin
Gosh. You need help. You are still talking about who is more EDUCATED? What does EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION has to do with being a DIPLOMAT? What do you know about Zamfara State? For the last time, nobody is talking about educational qualification, okay? Relax...

PS: My name is France Chukwuebuka Okanu. I am from Oru East Local Government, my village is Akatta. And I am Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by EbukaLive(m): 11:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
mikkypel:

I took my time to read it.. Any problem?
Maybe you have assimilation problem then, if not, why would you be mentioning SSCE? Really? So, you think they should just pick the most educated person in Ondo State, say a Professor Emeritus and trust him into a sensitive Ambassadorial position when QUALIFICATIONS for such position involves being a CAREER DIPLOMAT? You better read again. Pastor Lawal made some errors in his statement, find those errors and tell me... Looking forward to hearing back from you

1 Like

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by MirabelArode(f): 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
EbukaLive:

Gosh. You need help. You are still talking about who is more EDUCATED? What does EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION has to do with being a DIPLOMAT? What do you know about Zamfara State? For the last time, nobody is talking about educational qualification, okay? Relax...

PS: My name is France Chukwuebuka Okanu. I am from Oru East Local Government, my village is Akatta. And I am Igbo.

You can even claim to be from Igwe of Nnewi's Lineage, it doesn't stop our nostrils from smelling your yoruba muslim odour and calling you Tajudeen Olanipekun- your real names. See, It's not difficult to smoke out muslim zombies, no matter what ethnicity they claim. grin grin
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by ubah84(m): 11:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
I wonder how some people reason. instead of castigating buhari u should give us a name of a qualified candidate from those states .pls

2 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
paschu:
Then tomorrow you'd be the first to ask or wonder why people hate to hear the word: "One Nigeria". Hypocrites.

Well...the Hausas have had all the good jobs for decades. See where it has got them(Hint....not in Dubai).
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

The usual fulani Abokki narratives to others-'Forget about appointments in national positions, allow we fulanis to appoint only our people and control all the positions including army, go and hold your governors accountable'. grin grin

Every other person na foools only una fulani get sense. As if you don't also have governors to hold.
Why not you also allow the literate south to control the Army and every other position while you almajiris 'hold your fulani governors accountable' grin grin

Anyway yoruba sef don dey hear wehn, body go tell them. grin

Considering the fact that I am not Fulani, and considering the fact that many Southern states, including some in the SE got more than one ambassador....I wonder about your comment

Anyway....all this focus on appointments does not help anyone. Especially ceremonial posts like ambassadors.

I am more interested in how Nigerians run themselves.

FYI......many of them Northerners would have Southerners running the show under them, by the by.

3 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by EbukaLive(m): 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

You can even claim to be from Igwe of Nnewi's Lineage, it doesn't stop our nostrils from smelling your yoruba muslim odour and calling you Tajudeen Olanipekun- your real names. See, It's not difficult to smoke out muslim zombies, no matter what ethnicity they claim. grin grin
SMH. Unfortunately for you. I have your time. Check my Facebook page: France C. Okanu. Simple task oh. And you have data. No excuse. I am not telling you to do proper research on Halliburton Case Files or search for Aisha Buhari records. Just go and check my Facebook, France C. Okanu. If you still think I am a Muslim Zombie, well then...

1 Like

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by ojuu4u(m): 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
They dnt have qualified persons? When you wanted to appoint your fellow northerner as IG, you went as low to appoint AIG even when you knew that it would cost 7 DIGs and about 30 AIGs their jobs. Ondo state is heading to election month you hadn't appointed a single ondo indigene into any post yet you want your party to win gubernatorial election? What a selfish and foolish president!
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by ojuu4u(m): 11:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
EbukaLive:

Maybe you have assimilation problem then, if not, why would you be mentioning SSCE? Really? So, you think they should just pick the most educated person in Ondo State, say a Professor Emeritus and trust him into a sensitive Ambassadorial position when QUALIFICATIONS for such position involves being a CAREER DIPLOMAT? You better read again. Pastor Lawal made some errors in his statement, find those errors and tell me... Looking forward to hearing back from you

You are a fool and i biliv the brain in your head is equivalent to that of fish. Kip on following ur Buhari that brought ill-luck to Nigeria nation. After 4 years ur eyes will be wide opened when you wouldn't be able to point to one single tin that he had done except backwardness. Did you even asked yourself if its only core north that have only qualified persons? Did you know that he appointed ex service men to head custom and DSS? Just to satisfy northerner but he couldn't do it in case of south. Oga, did you know that not following federal character is an impeachable offence? LASTLY did u know that so much increased in political unrests we are witnessing today in Nigeria is partly caused by lopsided in appointments made so far since he became president
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by EbukaLive(m): 12:09am On Jun 28, 2016
ojuu4u:

You are a fool and i biliv the brain in your head is equivalent to that of fish. Kip on following ur Buhari that brought ill-luck to Nigeria nation. After 4 years ur eyes will be wide opened when you wouldn't be able to point to one single tin that he had done except backwardness. Did you even asked yourself if its only core north that have only qualified persons? Did you know that he appointed ex service men to head custom and DSS? Just to satisfy northerner but he couldn't do it in case of south. Oga, did you know that not following federal character is an impeachable offence? LASTLY did u know that so much increased in political unrests we are witnessing today in Nigeria is partly caused by lopsided in appointments made so far since he became president
Okay. Assimilation problem then. They say a problem is half solved when you know the problem exist. Hope you find out sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by afrika(f): 12:38am On Jun 28, 2016
Does the head have the merit qualifications and he could not display it online neh?
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by macof(m): 1:08am On Jun 28, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing clarification, this government is doing very well.

Lagos should have two nominees. The only.state with a minister rep three ministries. kiss

amazing clarification how do you see this as amazing please? they couldn't even say the so called criteria
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by chyeexcel: 3:04am On Jun 28, 2016
To God who made me, this Ebukalive needs brain.
Onye Ugwu
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Lilimax(f): 3:07am On Jun 28, 2016
plaetton:
Tribalism, Sectionalism, NEPOTISM and Cronyism are the grand parents, and the mother and father of CORRUPTION.

Therefore, this government is not only corrupt, but is actively promoting CORRUPTION.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:54am On Jun 28, 2016
D tyrant and his gang simply just c those states as no real threat and use their slots to add up to their favorite northern states..Even d real appointment they wil stil appoint almost all d northern nominees. Shameful act
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by ojuu4u(m): 5:35am On Jun 28, 2016
EbukaLive:

Okay. Assimilation problem then. They say a problem is half solved when you know the problem exist. Hope you find out sooner rather than later.

The very day you you Stop being prejudiced from your judgements, from that day you will be able to have reasonable judgement on vital issues which will even affect you positively in like and chosen career
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Mob2323(m): 5:42am On Jun 28, 2016
cool u don't northern study very go harvard and check
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by prof12(m): 5:54am On Jun 28, 2016
ChelseaDr:
None qualified to be an Ambassador? This must be a joke!!
....and some states were over qualified to merit double ambassadorial nominees....smh for this APC government!

It's very very possible..
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by ajepako(f): 5:59am On Jun 28, 2016
EbukaLive:

You people cannot read or what?

Tun bi mi lekan si...
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:16am On Jun 28, 2016
donofdons:
This is very funny...so this government want to tell me that ondo and ebonyi state that are in the first 10 list of nigerias most educated states but largely illiterate states like katsina where even the president does not even have a real waec result can have qualified people.
This government is a joke and their failure is phenomenal.
Thank God i am moved to iceland from nigeria after returning from russia during GEJ era to contribute to my country.

Ebonyi is an ELDS.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by dgershion(m): 6:25am On Jun 28, 2016
Let the president list out the qualification for the ambasador the in this whole four state their is now single person found to qualify what a change APC [color=#006600][/color]
OrlandoOwoh:

Ebonyi is an ELDS.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:26am On Jun 28, 2016
herbie27:
So a whole state doesn't have a qualified candidate for the post of an ambassador. When universities graduate students every yr. cheesy when will nigerian politicians stop favouritism and nepotism.
Friend, while I do not support the Presidency on this, I want you to realize that there is a difference between between carear diplomlats and graduates of international relations. In the past you would be shocked at the inability of our ambassadors, who were mostly politically considered when appointed, to speak the languages of the host countries. Why should, for example, the ambassador to Brazil not be able to speak Portuguese, but make use of an interpreter?

1 Like

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by freeze001(f): 6:30am On Jun 28, 2016
salamialfred:
Qualification is not necessarily about academic certificates , wailers are getting it all wrong.

It is the basic and primary requirement. Infact, it is a prima facie basis for even getting ur foot through the door as employee of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs! You can be sure that no one there has their WAEC, First Degrees and other postgraduate degrees in doubt unlike someone who needs 13 SANs to defend the whereabouts of his.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by mikkypel(m): 6:35am On Jun 28, 2016
EbukaLive:

About u saying i have assimilation problem, i know the best reply for u but I'm not in the mood right now.. But can u hear what you saying or probably see what you are typing, A state as big and composed of literates like Ondo.. You will agree with me that there are CAREER DIPLOMAT, i still stand on my opinion that the president took sides here.. Some states had two nominees and some states had none.. Haba,. Its still not fair.. In government, equity should be done.. That is when you respect the Constitution
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by jude90(m): 7:00am On Jun 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Ah well....appointing an ambassador from one's state does not provide jobs for the citizens of the state....or visas for that matter to any of the countries they are posted to.

In my opinion, the people of the 4 states missing out should focus on what their governors and LG chairmen are doing, rather than an ambassadorial position which helps no one.

My state has sent lots of ambassadors to XYZ....yet...I cannot see any benefit.

MODIFIED

In reading the comments here, I have some thoughts.

1.First....ambassadors do not necessarily create jobs, neither are they important to the day to day lives of most Nigerians

2.Secondly, there is no where in the laws of Nigeria that says that Southerners must get all the plum posts.

3.Thirdly......I can understand where some of these people are coming from. However I can;t for the life of me see where moaning about ambassador posts that do not have any impact on jobs, etc....comes in.

4.Nigerians need to stop being tribal bigots....Northerners and Southerners both. It is sickening.
can u pls listen to ur self? u did not make any point at all. people like u are the reason Nigeria have no hope at all.I know u are among those that said that even if buhari present toilet tissue that will vote for him but condemn the Senate president for forgery. sorry for u.

2 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 28, 2016
If I become nigeria president, I will make the north suffer.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 28, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Friend, while I do not support the Presidency on this, I want you to realize that there is a difference between between carear diplomlats and graduates of international relations. In the past you would be shocked at the inability of our ambassadors, who were mostly politically considered when appointed, to speak the languages of the host countries. Why should, for example, the ambassador to Brazil not be able to speak Portuguese, but make use of an interpreter?
Speaking the home language of where one has been posted to serve is conditional, it has to do with the official language of the country.

There are lots of citizens in those states that can be fixed perfectly well in those position, but Nigerian government prefer mediocrity over meritocrity because of party affiliation.

I knw that the ambassadorial list is on the exclusive list of the executive arm, so Buhari is looking for APC members for those positions, i bet the once he was given aren't qualified enough for the senate to approve.
Re: Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 28, 2016
jude90:

can u pls listen to ur self? u did not make any point at all. people like u are the reason Nigeria have no hope at all.I know u are among those that said that even if buhari present toilet tissue that will vote for him but condemn the Senate president for forgery. sorry for u.

Chill, bro. If you have any issues with them Northerners,or with Buhari or with the last election go sort them out with them...and don't take it out on me.

And if you can name five jobs that an ambassador can create in your local government......then you have the right to complain.

And by the by, I am not too pleased with the APC.....they are not getting us off our oil dependency.

Good morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Extends Eased Lockdown By 4 Weeks / NNPC Is Now 'northern Nigeria Petroleum Company' - Nigerians Slam Buhari / Rochas Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Imo, Police Officer Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.