Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) (25372 Views)

90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates / Lagos Seizes Expired Fish From Indian Company (2) (3) (4)

Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by mikaelzX(m): 8:54am On Jun 28, 2016
I think this is why expiry and best before dates are printed directly on the main pack, not on a paper label. All substandard products should be reported to NAFDAC please.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2016
The Naija way. Doing what is needed to survive.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by taxsman(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2016
HMMMM, THIS IS WICKEDNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. DIS MUST BE THE HAND WORK OF THE DISTRIBUTOR.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by sorepco(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2016
I do not blame your kind. I will not comment on the topic but on your writing....1/it is being...
2/it is i have lived not leaved!

3/were produced and not produce

4/rom the [b]imported ones, they sell to super
[/b] you needed a full stop here and not a comma

5/That was how I was crippling down with malaria, that was how i got crippled!!

6/no paragraph or comma or fill stop orhyphen or exclamation sign or sense!!
Just ordinary bigotted mind
NextGovernor:
Wickedness.

We know the tribe that does this, even themselves know. I am not been tribalistic here. I have leaved in a compound by this same people where Red Label and Don Simon drinks were produce and you cant even tell the difference from the imported ones, they sell to supermarkets and bars at cheap price and these people sell them out the same price with the original and even more in bars.

[b]That was how I was crippling down with malaria, [/b]nazo I use my leg go one chemist close to my area in Port Harcourt. [b]They gave me fake Autesonat with original tracking number. Went home took it for good 3 days and it got worst that I couldn't even move, I was rushed to the hospital and the pharmacy in the hospital confirmed the drugs were fake and clone with original tracking number. Was treated of malaria with injections and some drugs in hospital before I was discharged.

From that time I knew people ar[/b]e heartless. Bought a drug to treat myself and ended up buying a drug that almost killed me.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by kdfemi(m): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2016
ebosie11:
According to instagram user Ms_Jovii,she almost consumed spoilt tea without knowing the expiry date had been tampered with. According to her, when she tried to open the pack of tea at home, she noticed a suspicious looking cellotape around the edges of the box. When she tore it open, she looked closely and saw that the factory expiry date on the box had been covered with a fake sticker that was created by the shop owner. Below is how she narrated the story....

If this isn't wickedness I wonder what is? THIS TEA ORIGINALLY EXPIRED FEBRUARY 2016 AND SOMEONE PLACED ANOTHER RED COVERING MASKING THE ORIGINAL ONE. THIS NEW DATE IS FEBRUARY 2018. TWO YEARS... TWO YEARS.
I noticed "celotape" on the side of the pack of the tea... Honestly u wldnt notice it if u don't look closely.
How can a human being do  this? Who do u expect to drink this expired tea. And how can u cover it up.. Haba!!!! is it that human life means nothing to us? LET US ALL BE CAREFUL AND VIGILANT.... WHOEVER DID THIS I CURSE YOU AND THE MONEY YOU MADE FROM THIS. THE WAY YOU INTEND TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE THAT IS HOW YOU WILL DIE.

TAG PEOPLE WHO DRINK THIS TEA O... LET THEM CHECK THEIR OWN BEFORE THEY CONTINUE TO CONSUME POISON

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/see-what-nigerian-seller-did-to-expired.html
corrections to be noted I noticed most nigerians don't know the difference between expired(exp) and bestbefore(bb) they are in no way same and shouldn't be used interchangeably.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by sorepco(m): 9:23am On Jun 28, 2016
kdfemi:
corrections to be noted I noticed most nigerians don't know the difference between expired(exp) and bestbefore(bb) the are in no way same and shouldn't be used interchangeable.
Interchangeably!!! U r correct though my bros
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by ceejay80s(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2016
kernel501:

Na person make you poor? You go leave Shoprite, come dey look for cheap products.
#BrownRoofPoverty

My guy brown roof still better , people go think say na that lastest roofing in brown color....

Na rusted roof
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by DerKaiser: 10:09am On Jun 28, 2016
NextGovernor:

Who told you it was self medication. I did test in the Lab and found out it was malaria, and I know the drugs been prescribed for me anytime I have malaria by the doctor so I went for the drug. How is this self medication?

What a blatant and shameless liar you are.

You had a test done on you at a medical lab and after that the lab assistants simply handed you the test result without referring you back to the doctor that ordered for a test?

You are a bloody liar.

And if you took your lab test result and went away without first consulting a qualified doctor for verification and prescription, you are even more foolish than thought.

That is why you indulged in self-medication and now trying to place blame on an innocent drugstore operator?

You are really pathetic to say the least
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 28, 2016
EazyMoh:
Na so dem dey do useless people!
Guy above me why do you have to use 'as alleged' in brackets for your tribe and intentionally refuse to do same for other tribes you mentioned? Fantastically biased!

its cause someone claimed they do above, i have no evidence on such, so the reason for the "alledged" remark.

The apongbon is because i have been a victim first hand, and the suitcase because i have seen that first hand also..
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Maximus85(m): 10:21am On Jun 28, 2016
franciskaine:
now differentiate these persons from those who do Internet fraud (yahoo yahoo). Ur opinion can be better off without tribal appendage.

First all, I never mentioned any tribe. Second, I will never support any criminal activity but I will frown more at the ones to who human lives mean nothing to.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by glossy6(f): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2016
EazyMoh:
Na so dem dey do useless people!
Guy above me why do you have to use 'as alleged' in brackets for your tribe and intentionally refuse to do same for other tribes you mentioned? Fantastically biased!
There's no previous posts in this thread where the other tribes were alleged to have done that, that's probably his reasons.

However, whoever sows evil shall reap evil for the evil that man do lives with them and continues to live after them.

Fake drug kills and I wonder the Lind of monstrous greed that can lead someone this far. What the tea seller needed to do was to return it to the drop point he purchased from and the drop point will get the wholesaler involved and the expired products will be retrieved by the company for replacement with fresh products and the old ones will be destroyed. That is the practice in Unilever.

Lastly, no tribe is useless as the good, the bad
and the ugly are spread all over the world!

Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Jckleiin(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2016
NextGovernor:

Who told you it was self medication. I did test in the Lab and found out it was malaria, and I know the drugs been prescribed for me anytime I have malaria by the doctor so I went for the drug. How is this self medication?
Even if a doctor prescribed it for you, he had a reason for given you that amidst the other anti malaria drugs. Always go see your doctor whenever you are sick.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by kdfemi(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2016
sorepco:

Interchangeably!!! U r correct though my bros
thanks for the correction grin
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by glossy6(f): 10:37am On Jun 28, 2016
DerKaiser:

What a blatant and shameless liar you are.

You had a test done on you at a medical lab and after that the lab assistants simply handed you the test result without referring you back to the doctor that ordered for a test?

You are a bloody liar.

And if you took your lab test result and went away without first consulting a qualified doctor for verification and prescription, you are even more foolish than thought.

That is why you indulged in self-medication and now trying to place blame on an innocent drugstore operator?

You are really pathetic to say the least

While am not holding brief for him, I must say that people do go straight to the lab without consulting a doctor first and go ahead to treat the ailment and there is no law against that in present day Nigeria.

....he may be saying the truth, let's hear him out.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by logica(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2016
Enyimbamercedes:

Nne
It says Best Before (BB) not expiry. These are two different things. You can consume a product after the Best Before date however you may not get the expected satisfaction in terms of quality after the BB date. However, if it is written Use by or Expiry then i wouldn't advise you to consume the item. In fact the best deals are gotten by buying items close to their BB date...some supermarkets reduce the prices by as much as 50% when the BB date approaches.
What does this have to do with the label that was tampered with?
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Enyimbamercedes: 11:29am On Jun 28, 2016
logica:
What does this have to do with the label that was tampered with?

Cos the OP said Expired lipton plus alluded to being poisoned by the expired lipton and the belief that consuming the lipton past its BB date is dangerous. So the label was tampered with; no big deal. Check the actual BB date and decide whether to consume or not but claiming that one can be poisoned by consuming tea that is past its BB date is just crying wolf. Shikena
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by logica(m): 11:33am On Jun 28, 2016
Enyimbamercedes:

Cos the OP said Expired lipton plus alluded to being poisoned by the expired lipton and the belief that consuming the lipton past its BB date is dangerous. So the label was tampered with; no big deal. Check the actual BB date and decide whether to consume or not but claiming that one can be poisoned by consuming tea that is past its BB date is just crying wolf. Shikena
No big deal tampering with the label. I see. Where are you from?
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Enyimbamercedes: 11:37am On Jun 28, 2016
logica:
No big deal tampering with the label. I see. Where are you from?
Now it is my turn to ask what that has to do with the subject matter. Where i am from doesn't matter but i am curious to know where your line of questioning will lead to so i will answer. I am from Asaba in Delta State; the Igbo speaking part. Ayuwa...over to you
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2016
NextGovernor:
Wickedness.

We know the tribe that does this, even themselves know. I am not been tribalistic here. I have leaved in a compound by this same people where Red Label and Don Simon drinks were produce and you cant even tell the difference from the imported ones, they sell to supermarkets and bars at cheap price and these people sell them out the same price with the original and even more in bars.

That was how I was crippling down with malaria, nazo I use my leg go one chemist close to my area in Port Harcourt. They gave me fake Autesonat with original tracking number. Went home took it for good 3 days and it got worst that I couldn't even move, I was rushed to the hospital and the pharmacy in the hospital confirmed the drugs were fake and clone with original tracking number. Was treated of malaria with injections and some drugs in hospital before I was discharged.

From that time I knew people are heartless. Bought a drug to treat myself and ended up buying a drug that almost killed me.

No tribe has monopoly to crime! So quit the trashy talk!! Thank you!!!
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by JerryJJZ(m): 11:53am On Jun 28, 2016
This is pure wickedness... If only they realize the implication of consuming fake/expired drugs/food items...... May God keeps protecting His children
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by logica(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2016
Enyimbamercedes:

Now it is my turn to ask what that has to do with the subject matter. Where i am from doesn't matter but i am curious to know where your line of questioning will lead to so i will answer. I am from Asaba in Delta State; the Igbo speaking part. Ayuwa...over to you
Oh, I had to ask because where I am from (Yorubaland), FRAUD is a crime. When you overlay an original label with your own FAKE label, it is called FRAUD (in case you didn't already know that).
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by ALLPISHON: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
Please let us all rise in ovation for our Dear Dora Akunyili (late). After her demise how many time have you heard about NAFDAC?
Dont assume nothing is happening. The current guys are making hot, blood money and nobody is looking at their side now. I ask you, have those fake drug dealers and manufacturers died with Dora Akunyili? NO!!! Many lives are been sacrificed on the altar of fake drugs daily. Who knows you... I mean you may be a viticm (unknown to you) even as i write.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by ALLPISHON: 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
AMEN!
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Enyimbamercedes: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
logica:
Oh, I had to ask because where I am from (Yorubaland), FRAUD is a crime. When you overlay an original label with your own FAKE label, it is called FRAUD (in case you didn't already know that).
Oh that's nice. I see that in YORUBALAND they have high moral standards. In IGBOLAND as with everywhere FRAUD is a crime. For instance yahoo yahoo is a crime, ritual killing is a crime, thuggery is a crime even putting too much oil inside soup and shouting excessively is a crime!
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by logica(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
Enyimbamercedes:

Oh that's nice. I see that in YORUBALAND they have high moral standards. In IGBOLAND as with everywhere FRAUD is a crime. For instance yahoo yahoo is a crime, ritual killing is a crime, thuggery is a crime even putting too much oil inside soup and shouting excessively is a crime!
I then wonder why FRAUD is not a big deal?
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Enyimbamercedes: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
logica:
I then wonder why FRAUD is not a big deal?
Oga you are just missing the point anyhow! Read the post, the OP was more concerned with the harmful effect of consuming the tea than the fact that it was tampered. Yes it was tampered, i concur. Yes, it is fraud, i concur. Still, i maintain that it is no big deal since what was concealed was a BB date and not an expiry date. Maybe the fraudster knows this too. He probably has high morals like me grin and would not tamper with an expiration date. Ok Ok it is a medium deal! i have met you half way. grin grin grin
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by infolekan(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
glossy6:

While am not holding brief for him, I must say that people do go straight to the lab without consulting a doctor first and go ahead to treat the ailment and there is no law against that in present day Nigeria.

....he may be saying the truth, let's hear him out.

I guess he was referring to the fact that he was self medicating. There's no law against it in any country in the world( let me say almost all countries ). But going to do a lab test yourself is out of it. Who recommended the test for him? How did he know what to test for? If you go to a reputable pharmacy self.....I'm sure they'll prescribe a drug for him.
Who walks into a lb to obtain a test then uses the result to get drugs somewhere else? It takes a lot of ......to do that.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by Bleszin(f): 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
I dedicate Man Unkind by 2baba to this trend
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by EazyMoh(m): 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
glossy6:

There's no previous posts in this thread where the other tribes were alleged to have done that, that's probably his reasons.

However, whoever sows evil shall reap evil for the evil that man do lives with them and continues to live after them.

Fake drug kills and I wonder the Lind of monstrous greed that can lead someone this far. What the tea seller needed to do was to return it to the drop point he purchased from and the drop point will get the wholesaler involved and the expired products will be retrieved by the company for replacement with fresh products and the old ones will be destroyed. That is the practice in Unilever.

Lastly, no tribe is useless as the good, the bad
and the ugly are spread all over the world!
Madam don't try to twist things. He used 'allegedly' to show its just an allegation meaning he doesn't necessarily believe, but refused to use same for other tribes because he believes it's true. If nobody is saying Hausas hawk fake drugs on the thread he is now saying it and stating it like a fact. It's only fair he uses the adverb allegedly here too.
Finally am not referring to a particular tribe when I said useless people, I meant to refer to the fraudsters as useless people. Have a nice day.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by adecares(f): 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
Snowprince306:
The CHANGE has come,that's the CHANGE u asked for
Really! Some people with their sense of judgement.
Re: Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics) by onelife97: 4:14am On Jun 29, 2016
Houseofglam7:
How I miss Dora Akunyili cry
Finding Dora grin

Apart From Rice, Beans, Swallow & Indomie/Spaghetti, Whatelse Do You Eat? / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out / Honey Combs From Un-processed Honey

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77