Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum (1148 Views)

Beware Of "Google FREE Apple Iphone X Visitor Browser Opinion Survey" Scam / My Personal Experience And The Evolution Of Social Media. / Your Opinion On Being A Web Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Genoma(m): 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
Before giving my personal opinion, let me give a brief explanation on relativity and its relation to gravity.
According to the special theory of relativity, when an object travels close to the speed of light, it leads to the contraction of time(time dilation), i.e., when two atomic clocks are synchronized and one of the clocks is placed in a jet moving at a very high speed for a period of time, when the jet returns back to earth and the two clocks are compared, the one on the jet would have lost time compared to its twin clock placed on earth. If the jet moves at the speed of light, the atomic clock's measurement will remain the same regardless of the time that has elapsed on earth(i.e., the jet will be moving at zero time).
According to spacetime continuum, time is affected by gravitational pull, i.e., at higher gravitational potential, time moves slowly compared to lower gravitational potential. Consider a blackhole, the gravitational potential of a blackhole is so great that not even light passing around its territory can escape its influence(it eats light for breakfast). This effect is possible because blackhole generates a gravitational force strong enough to overcome the speed of light.

My personal Opinion

From the theory of relativity, nothing travels faster than the speed of light, if for any reason there is something that travels faster than the speed of light, it will be travelling in an imaginary plane(positive or negative imaginary plane). Also, we know that gravity and speed dilates time and at the speed of light an object travels at no time. Since gravity and speed produces the special effect of dilation, hypothetically, we can say that gravity produces its own speed which gives it that attribute. Standing on this hypothesis, i can say that light could not escape the gravitational pull of blackhole because the blackhole's gravity produced a counter speed greater than the speed of light. From this, i would have said the blackhole has consumed the light into nothingness, then my attention is drawn to the theory of relativity which states by extension that anything travelling faster than the speed of light is travelling at an imaginary plane. This means that since blackhole produces counter speed greater than the speed of light, the blackhole thus serves as an entrance or a transition (a doorway) to another plane of existence. Standing on our own plane of existence, we regard this plane as a virtual or imaginary plane of existence(N:B. A virtual plane to itself is a real plane which considers a real plane, a virtual plane). This world existing inside a blackhole is another universe separate from our universe. The universe might be bigger or smaller than our universe with another earth located in that universe. This world(or universe) is called the parallel world. Since there are billions of blackholes, it also means there are billions of parallel world(or universe).

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
I'm so happy that this post said "Opinion."

It's nice to have interesting scientific discussions without some jerks passing off half baked pseudoscientific junk as fact.

Well, to your opinion, I think there is a measure of correctness. in fact, Johnydon22 once echoed this sentiment(I think) that wormholes could actually be manifesting themselves as black holes in our world.

However, I highly suspect Black holes to be deadly "entrances." meaning, matter can only go into them. not the other way around, and that matter is completely destroyed here and then reconstructed haphazardly on the other end.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Genoma(m): 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Teempakguy:
I'm so happy that this post said "Opinion."

It's nice to have interesting scientific discussions without some jerks passing off half baked pseudoscientific junk as fact.

Well, to your opinion, I think there is a measure of correctness. in fact, Johnydon22 once echoed this sentiment(I think) that wormholes could actually be manifesting themselves as black holes in our world.

However, I highly suspect Black holes to be deadly "entrances." meaning, matter can only go into them. not the other way around, and that matter is completely destroyed here and then reconstructed haphazardly on the other end.
I am not saying it will give perfect reconstruction of the matter it consumed, but rather, it might convert the matter to energy or any other form(the reconstruction inclusive) necessary to maintain the energy balance in its own universe(system). And this also leads to another assumption that our universe shares energy and matter with other universe through its own doorway (maybe the pillar of creation might be part of our own blackhole in another universe) which leads to the formation of stars and the birth of planets and possibly galaxies.
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by johnydon22(m): 12:00am On Jun 28, 2016
Ok let me try a bit...

In relativity light is a universal constant, the reason for dilation is for an equilibrium to be achieved so the constant be maintained.

It goes thus we live in a universe of 3spartial velocities plus time equalling the constant [speed of light]

Spatial velocities X , Y , Z + T (TIME) = C [speed of light]

the faster you go in the spatial velocities the more time adjusts to balance the equation to total the constant.

about gravity and light, its more of a prison than a greater speed...

Blackholes gravity not necessarily produce a speed faster than light but rather creates an infinite gravitationally closed confinement thus once light is pulled in, there is no leaving the prison.

If we live in a closed universe it means light cannot escape the confines of the universe then this universe is likely a blackhole itself..

mentioned this on my thread 'Songs of the world' (LIGHT)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Oxytocin(m): 2:16am On Jun 28, 2016
Hmmm.... Interesting

I think I can relate to your opinion in which a black hole leads to another plane of existence. Like a carbon copy of our universe, with another earth occupying the same space in time as ours, but vibrating at different frequency,which makes one who thinks itself has real, virtual/imaginary to the other. Something similar happened in the Supergirl series , when the Flash apparently ran faster than the speed of light and bumped into another universe.. subsequently the Supergirl's universe.... Lol. That was was their explanation.
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Genoma(m): 10:26am On Jun 28, 2016
johnydon22:
Ok let me try a bit...

In relativity light is a universal constant, the reason for dilation is for an equilibrium to be achieved so the constant be maintained.

It goes thus we live in a universe of 3spartial velocities plus time equalling the constant [speed of light]

Spatial velocities X , Y , Z + T (TIME) = C [speed of light]

the faster you go in the spatial velocities the more time adjusts to balance the equation to total the constant.

about gravity and light, its more of a prison than a greater speed...

Blackholes gravity not necessarily produce a speed faster than light but rather creates an infinite gravitationally closed confinement thus once light is pulled in, there is no leaving the prison.

If we live in a closed universe it means light cannot escape the confines of the universe then this universe is likely a blackhole itself..

mentioned this on my thread 'Songs of the world' (LIGHT)
Have you ever had a premonition about an event i.e.,a feeling that you have witnessed an event that is happening and you can predict the next thing that is going to happen, and the thing happens exactly the same way you predicted it?
If you do not believe in supernatural, then i can only give two explanations in relation to this reoccurrence. First explanation is that our universe experiences recycling, this means that the big bang which lead to the creation of our universe was not the first big bang to take place. That is there is a universe that existed before the existence of our present universe(this means that we also existed before in the former universe). This universe underwent some transitional phase that our present universe is experiencing and when the universe came of age, it was swallowed by a giant blackhole into oblivion. But the internal energy of the blackhole was not able to contain the universe because of the energy possessed by the universe, this lead to the annihilation of the giant black hole and a release of a great amount of energy(what the scientists calls the big bang). This energy released over time, brought about the coalesce of particles which later brought about the formation of a new universe along with its galaxies. This means that you have existed an infinite number of time and you still retain some information of your past life as a result of the the recycled hypothesis. The other explanation is the existence of a parallel universe which i explained in my post. In other words, you are existing in all of this universe, and since our universe is sharing energy(or information) with the other universe, (as my reply to Teempakguy stated), you are also sharing information to your other selves which leads to premonition.
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by tartar9(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2016
Genoma:

Have you ever had a premonition about an event i.e.,a feeling that you have witnessed an event that is happening and you can predict the next thing that is going to happen, and the thing happens exactly the same way you predicted it?
If you do not believe in supernatural, then i can only give two explanations in relation to this reoccurrence. First explanation is that our universe experiences recycling, this means that the big bang which lead to the creation of our universe was not the first big bang to take place. That is there is a universe that existed before the existence of our present universe(this means that we also existed before in the former universe). This universe underwent some transitional phase that our present universe is experiencing and when the universe came of age, it was swallowed by a giant blackhole into oblivion. But the internal energy of the blackhole was not able to contain the universe because of the energy possessed by the universe, this lead to the annihilation of the giant black hole and a release of a great amount of energy(what the scientists calls the big bang). This energy released over time, brought about the coalesce of particles which later brought about the formation of a new universe along with its galaxies. This means that you have existed an infinite number of time and you still retain some information of your past life as a result of the the recycled hypothesis. The other explanation is the existence of a parallel universe which i explained in my post. In other words, you are existing in all of this universe, and since our universe is sharing energy(or information) with the other universe, (as my reply to Teempakguy stated), you are also sharing information to your other selves which leads to premonition.
I'd just do as if I understand what johnnydon22 said grin.Using my rudimentary knowledge- from your first explanation about a transitional universe,doesn't this kind of violates the uncertainty principle since it involves the transformation of a universe-that includes its quantum mechanical processes to produce an exact reconstruction at some later point
Where am I getting it wrong here?
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Genoma(m): 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
tartar9:

I'd just do as if I understand what johnnydon22 said grin.Using my rudimentary knowledge- from your first explanation about a transitional universe,doesn't this kind of violates the uncertainty principle since it involves the transformation of a universe-that includes its quantum mechanical processes to produce an exact reconstruction at some later point
Where am I getting it wrong here?

It does not produce an exact reconstruction but something close to an exact reconstruction. What i mean here is that since humans are not machines, there are information that are altered once the person that has that premonition decides not to do exactly what he saw himself doing during that premonition, hence a repeat of that event is modified. Also note since you have existed an infinite number of times, you would have modified the event the same way one of your previous self modified it which leads to the same modified result. Hence the events are not totally identical but rather intertwined. Also, you might not have lived the same age you will live on this present earth, and this will be as a result of various economic, social, physical, pyschological etc factors existing in this present universe as it existed in the other universe you existed, and also you might not have existed in some of these other universe as a result of these factors.
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by ValentineMary(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
The reason that light can't escape a black hole is not because gravity has it's own time rather it is because of the black hole escape velocity. The escape velocity of a black hole equals speed of light so light has to outpace it's own speed to escape a black hole. And also when abody enters a black hole, it emits from a white hole. A white hole is a theoretical construct. No particle can enter a white hole (I suspect it's because it has an escape velocity of 0m/s)

Nice one though. It's good to know that people still think

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by ValentineMary(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
Genoma:

I can relate to the bold text but not the.explanation. From what I know of the universe cycle, it says that as dark matter increase in mass, they shrink matter further until stars melts and our universe forms a singularity. After this, the singularity goes through the big bang again and matter begins to expand.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Genoma(m): 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

I can relate to the bold text but not the.explanation. From what I know of the universe cycle, it says that as dark matter increase in mass, they shrink matter further until stars melts and our universe forms a singularity. After this, the singularity goes through the big bang again and matter begins to expand.

Like you know, there is no definite model which explains the origin of the universe, as most were not able to account for certain phenomena. Though the widely accepted model is the standard model, yet it has many flaws and one of these flaws is that it fails to account for the value of the cosmological constant. As i stated earlier in my post, this my hypothesis is not directly linked to any model, but rather, my observation on spacetime in terms of gravity and relativity, and also my suggestion on cyclic model is to account for premonition experienced by almost all humans(if not all). And it might interest you to know that before i posted on cyclic model, i have never checked on cyclic model in relation to the origin of our universe.
Do u know blackholes do merge together to form larger blackhole with increase in gravitational potential energy? So, the merging of these blackholes might lead to the formation of blackholes whose energy is sufficient enough to consume a galaxy and probably with time have sufficient energy to consume everything in space. And when this happens, only the blackhole will exist in space, and what other name can something existing alone in a wide space be called if not singularity?
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by ValentineMary(m): 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
Genoma:

Like you know, there is no definite model which explains the origin of the universe, as most were not able to account for certain phenomena. Though the widely accepted model is the standard model, yet it has many flaws and one of these flaws is that it fails to account for the value of the cosmological constant. As i stated earlier in my post, this my hypothesis is not directly linked to any model, but rather, my observation on spacetime in terms of gravity and relativity, and also my suggestion on cyclic model is to account for premonition experienced by almost all humans(if not all). And it might interest you to know that before i posted on cyclic model, i have never checked on cyclic model in relation to the origin of our universe.
Do u know blackholes do merge together to form larger blackhole with increase in gravitational potential energy? So, the merging of these blackholes might lead to the formation of blackholes whose energy is sufficient enough to consume a galaxy and probably with time have sufficient energy to consume everything in space. And when this happens, only the blackhole will exist in space, and what other name can something existing alone in a wide space be called if not singularity?
I can link this to the degenerate era. Yeah black hole can swallow black holes but black holes also evaporate following Hawkins radiation. Black holes disappear or rather evaporate in the long run. Calculations has shown it could take about 10 94 to evaporate.
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Genoma(m): 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

I can link this to the degenerate era. Yeah black hole can swallow black holes but black holes also evaporate following Hawkins radiation. Black holes disappear or rather evaporate in the long run. Calculations has shown it could take about 10 94 to evaporate.

I agree it will take that years for a supermassive blackhole to evaporate, and i believe you know that that time is older than our universe in terms of time and in terms of distance(using light years). This means that if this supermassive blackhole combines with other supermassive blackholes, it will have enough time to expand to an extent that it will be capable of consuming everything in its path and consequently the universe. 10^94 years no be our universe mate.
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by osymerga(m): 9:36am On Jun 30, 2016
Very interesting topic.
I love the debate going on here.
Learning more about my universe..
Bring it on guys...
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
maybe those black holes where created by us from another dimension in the future asin if time is the dimension itself and its event beign d parralesism we call parallel universe ,worm holes could just be time bridges conecting these events through time
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Genoma(m): 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
Akoja360:
maybe those black holes where created by us from another dimension in the future asin if time is the dimension itself and its event beign d parralesism we call parallel universe ,worm holes could just be time bridges conecting these events through time
There might be possibility that those blackholes in our universe were created by our future self but i have a very great doubt on that hypothesis. My believe of how these blackholes were first created was through the expansion and then explosion of the giant blackhole that swallowed the universe existing before ours.This explosion then eventually brought about the formation of our universe as well as leaving some fraction of its blackhole. Also, to answer your question on time travel through wormholes to the past, i think time travel by ourself into our realm of existence through the real plane is highly improbable. The reason for this is the twin paradox or what i should rather call the cause and effect. Imagine you were angry with yourself over what you have done and the only way you can prevent the damages you have done is by travelling back in time and killing yourself before you caused the damage. If you then go back in time and shoot your former self, the question would be who killed your former self(because without your former self, your present self would not have existed). There would always be a cause before an effect and not the other way round. Though time travel to the past would be possible, but when we time travel from our plane of existence to the past, we would be existing on a virtual plane of existence in the past, which means we would not be able to interact with matter in that past. Though, we will not be able to interact with others in that plane, we would still be able to see what is happening in that plane(who knows, my future self might be behind me looking at what i am typing now).

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
Genoma:

There might be possibility that those blackholes in our universe were created by our future self but i have a very great doubt on that hypothesis. My believe of how these blackholes were first created was through the expansion and then explosion of the giant blackhole that swallowed the universe existing before ours.This explosion then eventually brought about the formation of our universe as well as leaving some fraction of its blackhole. Also, to answer your question on time travel through wormholes to the past, i think time travel by ourself into our realm of existence through the real plane is highly improbable. The reason for this is the twin paradox or what i should rather call the cause and effect. Imagine you were angry with yourself over what you have done and the only way you can prevent the damages you have done is by travelling back in time and killing yourself before you caused the damage. If you then go back in time and shoot your former self, the question would be who killed your former self(because without your former self, your present self would not have existed). There would always be a cause before an effect and not the other way round. Though time travel to the past would be possible, but when we time travel from our plane of existence to the past, we would be existing on a virtual plane of existence in the past, which means we would not be able to interact with matter in that past. Though, we will not be able to interact with others in that plane, we would still be able to see what is happening in that plane(who knows, my future self might be behind me looking at what i am typing now).
damn thats some realy deep theory.i gues i didnt look at from that angle.u may be right sha dou i got some of my point from the intersteller movie .and speeking of which also supports wat u sd abt virtual plane of existance dats wen we go back in tym.
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by kuljoe4: 6:47am On Jul 01, 2016
am with the opinion we coexist with other dimensions but we don't have the freq to see these dimensions, maybe a perspective view from particles(photons) of light might be the medium to do that i.e the real warmhole, because a photon is everywhere in space time due to super positioning law of uncertainty, so a photon has d past,present,future instantly at our position
Re: My Personal Opinion On Spacetime Continuum by Genoma(m): 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
kuljoe4:
am with the opinion we coexist with other dimensions but we don't have the freq to see these dimensions, maybe a perspective view from particles(photons) of light might be the medium to do that i.e the real warmhole, because a photon is everywhere in space time due to super positioning law of uncertainty, so a photon has d past,present,future instantly at our position
But yet, we will not be able to travel in the real plane of that dimension because of the cause and effect. Like i explained earlier in the cause and effect, if we are able to and the paradox happens, the universe will be in a confused loop state of time(not being able to decide whether to travel forward or backward), and to solve this confused loop to balance the behaviour of the universe, the earth would be swallowed into oblivion for the disaster it had caused(i.e., it will be as though the earth never existed in the first place). That is why it is almost impossible to travel in time into a real plane to our own past. Though we might be able to travel back in time into a parallel world to our universe where our other selves exist and take the action of killing our other self without our action leading to the imbalance of our universe or the parallel universe

(1) (Reply)

How Possible Are The Pictures Of The Milky Way Taken From Outside The Galaxy? / Cheapest It Tools And Accessories In Lagos / Change Ur Dstv For Hitv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.