Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,114 members, 7,852,766 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters (39018 Views)

"Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation / Buratai And His Wives Own Dubai Property - Sahara Reporters / Wike Sacks Kelvin Wachuku As Commissioner 6 Months After Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 28, 2016
In a sane country, by now people would have occupied that farm undecided
Nigerians are afraid of snakes grin grin.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by happney65: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2016
When you are with the APC,Behold all things are become new..You are a Saint..Mr Buhari is just trying to suppress the opposition when in real essence the very definition of Corruption is in the APC.. Zoombies will say he is innocent why PDP guys are Guilty even when the courts havent declared them Guilty.. omolola15 zoombie number 1
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Progressive01(m): 11:25am On Jun 28, 2016
crixtex:

Omenka, i am surprised at you... How dare you try to cover up glaring corruption?
I have seen you cover up 3 cases of glaring corruption.. and i am forced to disbelieve where you stand.of totality of corruption mitigation irrespective of persons...
1. Saraki Gate
2. Aisha Haliburton
3. Buhari Waec scandal

Now this ....
What has this got to do with Omenka? The question remains; why have some Miscreants chosen to believe SR without question suddenly??
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by omolola15(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2016
happney65:
When you are with the APC,Behold all things are become new..You are a Saint..Mr Buhari is just trying to suppress the opposition when in real essence the very definition of Corruption is in the APC.. Zoombies will say he is innocent why PDP guys are Guilty even when the courts havent declared them Guilty.. omolola15 zoombie number 1

Wailing zombie I guess you didn't see my comment on the first page. Saburi
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by pippimp(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

So, where were you hiding eversince the daura govt started it's "operation witch hunting"?!

For some reason you think I am in support of buhari of any leader in Nigeria past or present. I am not. They are all useless. What I am saying is it is insane to take sides in a country where practically every leader is worthless. You are only short changing yourself when you do that. They are to be criticized equally. Nigerians don't realise that they are their own problems. They keep allowing below par people to lead them. Fayose or burutai should not be allowed to lead primary one students not to talk of grown men and women.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by OYAY(m): 11:36am On Jun 28, 2016
This is interesting, so Ogbeni Buratai is also a yam eater? Nigeria is in pepper soup!!!
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2016
Aspireahead:

Ogbeni...can you point out where I defended corruption in my post? I still Buratai and his 2 wives can afford 23million naira, especially if he served on UN Peace keeping missions.....but...but..the guy still stole...if he actually served as the Director of Procurement in the last regime. what am saying is the guy is a criminal...but he can still afford that house.
The cost of the mansions in Dubai is more than N150Million. He cannot afford it with his salaries alone. The problem with Nigerians is that we are so used to government officials building mansions and acquiring cars that we never ponder to ask: How much is their annual salaries? I was shocked the day I got to know that the total annual income of a permanent secretary in the civil service is less than 15Million. Compare this to the mansions and cars own by these civil servants. We are indeed fantastically corrupted
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by wirinet(m): 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
egbonnla:
The cost of the mansions in Dubai is more than N150Million. He cannot afford it with his salaries alone. The problem with Nigerians is that we are so used to government officials building mansions and acquiring cars that we never ponder to ask: How much is their annual salaries? I was shocked the day I got to know that the total annual income of a permanent secretary in the civil service is less than 15Million. Compare this to the mansions and cars own by these civil servants. We are indeed fantastically corrupted

As I have been to trying to tell you guys, there is no mansion anywhere. What the report said is that Butatai and his 2 wives bought an hotel apartment.
You also seem very ignorant of civil service structure in Nigeria. Yes Buratai's salary cannot buy a 120 million property, but in Nigeria civil, military and even political service, salary accounts for little of total entitlements. Even junior military officers have numerous allowances depending on where they are posted. I know junior naval officers who do not touch their salaries, they live on duty allowances alone. A general "legitimate" allowance is often more than his salary. If you consider only the salary of a governor or the president, then they too can never afford a N120,000,000 property, but we all know that that the salaries are peanuts when compared to total allowances and other pecks of office. Same with legislatives at all levels.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
pippimp:

For some reason you think I am in support of buhari of any leader in Nigeria past or present. I am not. They are all useless. What I am saying is it is insane to take sides in a country where practically every leader is worthless. You are only short changing yourself when you do that. They are to be criticized equally. Nigerians don't realise that they are their own problems. They keep allowing below par people to lead them. Fayose or burutai should not be allowed to lead primary one students not to talk of grown men and women.
Well said but Nigeria is our country, she's our own.
So, we can't just siddon dey look these slow, old and self centered basterrrds of 1969 to ruin our future.
We gotta talk, cry, wail, shout, take sides and eventually rid the mofos.
Be a Voice, not an Echo.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by pippimp(m): 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Well said but Nigeria is our country, she's our own.
So, we can't just siddon dey look these slow, old and self centered basterrrds of 1969 to ruin our future.
We gotta talk, cry, wail, shout, take sides and eventually rid the mofos.
Be a Voice, not an Echo.

A voice of reason. Associating with fayose is not reasonable.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
pippimp:

A voice of reason. Associating with fayose is not.
Fayose is human!
Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good.
~Niccolo Machiavelli.
Isolation is deadly.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by pippimp(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Fayose is human!
Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good.
~Niccolo Machiavelli.

You are doing it again. Stop justifying these people. This is why Nigeria has not moved an inch since independence. For some reason Nigeria's standard for leadership is just too low. Why?
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
pippimp:

You are doing it again. Stop justifying these people. This is why Nigeria has not moved an inch since independence. For some reason Nigeria's standard for leadership is just too low. Why?
Noted.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by pippimp(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Noted.

I am not trying to piss you off, but we all need to let all of our leaders know that they are all incompetent. Not one single person among them is fit to lead.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
Progressive01:
What has this got to do with Omenka? The question remains; why have some Miscreants chosen to believe SR without question suddenly??

I guess you already know why..coz u re a culprit yourself ...
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
pippimp:

I am not trying to piss you off, but we all need to let all of our leaders know that they are all incompetent. Not one single person among them is fit to lead.
You talk as if humans are perfect.
Nobody is perfect and fit to lead, even obama is bullsh.it.
Only gods and the dead can seem perfect with impunity.
The leaders knew emselves more, they're fhuking incapable.
We need the lesser evil leaders than the daura slow govt.
I'm not taking Fayose side here, i'm only pointing out the double standards of the daura govt in witch hunting.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by pippimp(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

You talk as if humans are perfect.
Nobody is perfect and fit to lead, even obama is bullsh.it.
Only gods and the dead can seem perfect with impunity.
The leaders knew emselves more, they're fhuking incapable.
We need the lesser evil leaders than the daura slow govt.
I'm not taking Fayose side here, i'm only pointing out the double standards of the daura govt in witch hunting.

Ok.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Leopard2A7: 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
omenka, fiizznation, fulanimafia, Quotasystem, Modath, Obailala, Passingshot, Gbawe, ngeneUkwenu, Sweetlemon, you guys are needed here.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by cckris: 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
Progressive01:

Shows you that
1. Buhari is Kwarrapt.
2. Gen Bura is very Corrupt.
3. Tinubu is most Corrupt
4. Amaechi is looted Rivers State to sponsor Buhari's campaigns.
5. APC is party of most corrupt Nigerians.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by rose54321: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Since Buhari doesn't tolerate corruption, the case should be investigated by EFCC and the Army chief removed pending investigation.

Nigerians are getting smarter every day, since Buhari is forming Don jazzy and employing all his force and energy on the first against corruption, to the detriment of other areas of his mandated.

Nigerians too have employed all their energy on showing corrupt members in his cabinet.

2 can play this game.

I ain't in support of corruption, but I urge the president to reduce his vigor, the common man is almost dying of starvation.
When you fight corruption, it fights back and for now Nigeria lacks the mechanism to deflect or even absorb that.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by poseidon12: 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
dechriscool:
Gen.T.Y Buratai is a saint just like GMB.He got all is wealth through personal savings.
I am personally doing a training on Buratai saving skills.When I finally graduate,I will save my salaries to buy houses in USA,UK,FRANCE and DUBAI

Funny. I will also be interested in this Buratai Saving Skills training.

Of course I believe the General bought those houses with proceeds of corruption. It's almost impossible to get wealthy in Nigeria without getting involved in corrupt activities.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by obailala(m): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
Leopard2A7:
omenka, fiizznation, fulanimafia, Quotasystem, Modath, Obailala, Passingshot, Gbawe, ngeneUkwenu, Sweetlemon, you guys are needed here.
Oga Leopard2A7, if I may ask, why exactly are you tagging me and why exactly do you need my attention?...

Do I by any means look like or sound like or think like the pathetic depraved minds who run about the streets and internet forums, glorifying, defending and fraternising with every single fraudster who is exposed or is being prosecuted because of my political/ethnic/religious/tribal links?

Do I look or sound like one of the pathetic simpletons who jump about crying witch-hunt or marginalisation whenever a fraudster is exposed?

I'm sorry boy, if that is what you expect of me, you are certainly poking the wrong person; that is what makes me different from you. Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by poseidon12: 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
ArcIbrahim38:

you think the colonial bastards are not corrupt.....guy they are the ones who invent it....dont forget currently London is the World's money laundering capital

Yeah right. How much have the "colonial bastards" stolen from their countries and deposited in Nigeria? There is rule of law in London. If the mayor of London or prime minister of U.K. is accused of corruption, there is a transparent machinery in place to deal with it. If allegation is true, culprit goes to prison. Over here, the accuser goes to prison. We need to change. We are beyond corrupt. I guess we are fantastically corrupt. With the information Sahara Reporters provided so far on Buratai, in a sane environment, he would be facing thorough investigation and resignation. But here the Army that should be carrying out investigation is already defending him. Shame on us.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by fulanimafia: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
obailala:
Oga Leopard2A7, if I may ask, why exactly are you tagging me and why exactly do you need my attention?...

Do I by any means look like or sound like or think like the pathetic depraved minds who run about the streets and internet forums, glorifying, defending and fraternising with every single fraudster who is exposed or is being prosecuted because of my political/ethnic/religious/tribal links?

Do I look or sound like one of the pathetic simpletons who jump about crying witch-hunt or marginalisation whenever a fraudster is exposed?

I'm sorry boy, if that is what you expect of me, you are certainly poking the wrong person; that is what makes me different from you. Thanks!
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by poseidon12: 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
Progressive01:
True. The only thing which gets to me is why those who always scream "who takes sahara reporters seriously??" seem to be the ones who've been bringing us scoops from the same source and they haven't a shred of doubt about the stories!!

Don't these people have any shame??

It is really disgusting. These same idiots would be the ones screaming their heads off if, paradventure, the medium runs a story that exposes the rot that was Jonathan's regime later in the evening. They'd tell you everything about how SR is being sponsored by Tinubu and APC.

Mr. objective let us focus on the topic here. What do you think about the revelations by Sahara Reporters on Buratai?
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by poseidon12: 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
Damola00:
But is there anything wrong if someone buy a property.

Definitely nothing wrong with that, unless you bought it with stolen government money. And that is the issue here with General Buratai buying property in Dubai for 200million Naira. The information Sahara Reporters provided shows that Buratai bought those properties with illegally acquired fund. If you don't have any problems with that, then you should not criticize other ranking government officials who also acquired expensive properties.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by ArcIbrahim38(m): 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
poseidon12:

Yeah right. How much have the "colonial bastards" stolen from their countries and deposited in Nigeria? There is rule of law in London. If the mayor of London or prime minister of U.K. is accused of corruption, there is a transparent machinery in place to deal with it. If allegation is true, culprit goes to prison. Over here, the accuser goes to prison. We need to change. We are beyond corrupt. I guess we are fantastically corrupt. With the information Sahara Reporters provided so far on Buratai, in a sane environment, he would be facing thorough investigation and resignation. But here the Army that should be carrying out investigation is already defending him. Shame on us.

yeah I agree with all what you said but what I don't agree with is we need to be RECOLONISED more appropriately RE-ENSLAVED for what....please read a book by the name HOW EUROPE UNDERDEVELOPED AFRICA
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
obailala:

Lolsss... running away from reality... lwkm
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by sammft99: 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
Brutai is a saint o......Please
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by 0ubenji(m): 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
I av always wondered how SR get to retrieve these irrefutable evidences dat buttresses their occassional reports..

One thing seems certain tho..these documentary evidences are definitely retrieved thru backdoor(illegal) methods OR from snitches of these victims..
#kudos to dem tho..#desperate measures in desperate times..
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by jpphilips(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Aspireahead:
I still maintain that the problem with Nigeria is not necessarily the political class, but the herd of suffering followers who defend their opulent lifestyles and sanguinary proclivities.

We Nigerians tend to even forget quickly, maybe because things are tough for us. we have all moved on from the CBN employment scam, FIRS employment scam and believe me...we would have forgotten about this one by next week.
Finally, let Buratai resign and a full fledged investigation be conducted...he is in no way bigger than the other former service chiefs who are standing trial.
I still believe he can afford the house, but I don't believe anyone who served in the last administration as director of procurement in a corruption ridden institution like the Nigerian Army is clean.

As for the army, allow Butatai and his family to respond...you are in no way privy to all of his finances

Naa I doubt if he could afford those properties legitimately, buhari has no choice than to let him go, i believe he can get someone who can continue the good works he is doing.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by jpphilips(m): 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
0ubenji:
I av always wondered how SR get to retrieve these irrefutable evidences dat buttresses their occassional reports..

One thing seems certain tho..these documentary evidences are definitely retrieved thru backdoor(illegal) methods OR from snitches of these victims..
#kudos to dem tho..#desperate measures in desperate times..

You are right, the site should rank high in earnings hence to pay for info isn't gonna be a problem, again, when you build a reputation in snitching, people come to you with evidence.
Someone who is facing Burantai's court martial is really squeezing his balls, hey!! that's not our problem, #Kickout Burantai# he has disgraced our Government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Citizen Agba Jalingo Released After Hours Of Detention (Photos) / Chinedum Orji: Orji Kalu, My Dad, Gov Ikpeazu And I / 11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.