Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market (17011 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls Against US Dollar / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by RavinWolf(m): 10:45am On Jun 28, 2016
Yes, Buhari is working and he could do better with less wailing from saboteurs.

fortune1968:
ask jonathan ,dieziani maduekwe,okojn iweala ,dasuki and their allies .Sai baba is working .No time 4 wailers !
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by dadebayo1(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Change. They opened their lai lai mouth to promise heaven on earth, they should be bold enough to apologise to everyone.at 216 they asked Nigerians to speak out and act now but at 350 they are all acting blind.

Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
I love it.
The wailers will not appreciate the good work Buhari is doing.

I wish Buhari will rule Nigeria for 100 years
Can't figure out. What you mean by appreciating what buhari is doing...are. You feeding from your anus?...or is your father and all your generations both born and unborn perpetual slaves to buharis ill government
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by duality(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2016
To calm the sea. The Jonah has to be thrown out... He has to go.
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by chillingbabe: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2016
Fortissimo:

For what?
to settle very urgent bills sad
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by katniss(f): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Moneybooks:
I wan clear today...More Greens for me... Paypal Exchanger don hear am
PayPal Exchanger... What's that all about?
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by kolexy(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2016
Bolustic:
It's simple. The naira will not appreciate until we start producing the foods we import, stop refining the crude our oil abroad, until our universities are world class.

It's just demand and supply. Naira isn't demanded as dollar is.

I don't see the naira appreciating till Dangote refinery starts working in the first quarter of 2019.

My thoughts though.

Reason I didn't support devaluation at this time. The pressure is simply due to trade imbalance.
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by menxer: 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
ubyways:
please some economists in the house should educate me. which of these rates, inter bank rate (282 )or black market rate (352) applicable when making online transaction in international market through mastercard?

It's somewhere in between, PayPal linked to your mastercard account charges 340/$
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by adozie(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
Jaycool18:
Back n forth back n forth

From 350-282-348

When will one naira equal a dollar for Pete's sake

It was never 282. The 282 you heard was the inter bank rate. Nobody bought dollars at that rate. The simple way to explain it is that it was the rate at which banks did business among themselves. Was never for the general public.
It never went below 335 after the naira was allowed to float last 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by adozie(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
kolexy:

Reason I didn't support devaluation at this time. The pressure is simply due to trade imbalance.

If you don't support devaluation; where is the money to defend your weak naira?
Naira (Nigeria) does not operate in isolation; it has to trade in the global market place to be used as a medium of exchange. Federal government simply has no money to defend a weak naira. It's not a matter of choice, it's a fact.
We need to buckle up and become a manufacturing economy. Even agriculture can help us.
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by diva90: 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Someone predicted that the fall was temporary. I guess he was right! Now it makes us all wonder what benefit it was devaluing the NAIRA because I see no change .... Dollar will always be N340 and above
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by Loveebelejona: 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
Bsc:
Speechless that's how This Government makes me feel... I'm lost words..
How did we even get here?
we got here cause people like you voted for a certificateless dullard of a person to be your president.of a truth there was a country but when an old illiterate rule any country this is what you get

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by olempe(m): 4:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
SeverusSnape:
I see no changes

Tupac Amaru Shakur

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by Jaycool18(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
adozie:

It was never 282. The 282 you heard was the inter bank rate. Nobody bought dollars at that rate. The simple way to explain it is that it was the rate at which banks did business among themselves. Was never for the general public.
It never went below 335 after the naira was allowed to float last 2 weeks.
oh..
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by Jaycool18(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nellybii:

I don't know the magic Dilector performed to breed so much illiteracy in our youth?
The topic indicates clearly "Black Market" But as usual Illiterates won't grab it so easily.

#righttodiewailing#
if I am an Illiterate, then what are you??

#fvck boy
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by phlopholly: 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
I sold $9300 today in abuja at 339
Re: Naira Falls To 351/dollar At Black Market by panditocracy(m): 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
All these naija hypocrites. No be una wey vote the dullard wey no get certificate into power, why are you guys now crying; baboons and monkeys. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thousands Troop Out For The Lagos AYEEN 2016 Screening Exercise - Photos / Nigeria Proposes Jail Time, Fines As It Tries To Bolster Naira – Bloomberg / Converting Dubai Currency To Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.