Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) (57579 Views)

Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by gonkraziiiiii: 2:45am On Jun 29, 2016
Pls d guy is broke jor...dis list is what Ppl often get,u can negotiate and if u av a good rapport with d family dey wldnt take all from u...jus laughing cos d next girl he wld want to marry wld av a list like dis too....its understanding dat matters or make dem go put d girl for OLX na
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by mikolo80: 2:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Nazaretha:
If one can't dance, don't nod to songs.

If he was financially buoyant, he wouldn't mumble a thing.

And, hope he knows, the lady will definitely get a better person.
a better person? that will be beating and cheating on her ba?
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by kenoz(m): 5:22am On Jun 29, 2016
grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Gibz02: 6:37am On Jun 29, 2016
Yes nah,yours is even small.sha,u still have opprtunity to Argue the list.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 29, 2016
warisdis na, this list no much now, most of the items aren't expensive, he can settle everything with #500, 000, the girl should forget about him jor, if he loves her he would marry her even if the dowry is a million. .just saying. nobody should quote me oooo
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by icankel: 8:27am On Jun 29, 2016
myners007:
The list is okay because a woman that is properly bred deserves more than what is contained in the list
Am sure u havent paid ur wife bride price
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by icankel: 8:36am On Jun 29, 2016
RIZLER:
we are not begging u yorubas to marry our daughters if u cannot pay go and face ur black ugly sisters igbo girls are not cheap
Must u talk rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by delishpot: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2016
mrgafari:

i've been told the same by a friend of mine from owerri.
but still, I can't imagine having to negotiate some of those stuff with my future in-laws.
papa, let's make it I generator and five litres oo. and I can't afford wristwatch and cover shoe.
mama, you will manage 6 brazziere ooo.
I would die of shame before the meeting ends

You send the message through their daughter. She will help make them see reason and ask for their support.
If you make her happy and if the father likes you and sees you as his child he would help you. I have seen it happen a lot if times.
The problem is that many men and women have your kind of mentality. They would rather die than make the world see their real situation. That is also why many men and women endure abusive homes or hide situations from people. Only to find out in future that if only they had spoken up, they would have settled the problem to some degree. Now I am not saying everyone would help you, but if you have the fortune of finding a kind person make genuine use of it.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by torqque7(m): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2016
Wizzyblack3:

Lwkmd... That kind family ehn! To say na me, i go just summarize d long list, give them my own version that include a Column which indicate ''If i take your pikin do ritual, its not ur business o''

Lwtmb..Bros e be like say you never hear say Dane gun fit fall human beings abi?most of these ibgo papas get one o so better rethink that ritual part of your contract grin grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by lorllipop(m): 10:49am On Jun 29, 2016
Y all igbo girl no go turn ashawo angry finsh tongue tongue but i need a doctoe

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by CRAPHA96(m): 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
ForeverYoung197:
Not that much. It's only 2 pages .
hope u are married otherwise u go ripe for ur father's huz
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by ForeverYoung197(f): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
CRAPHA96:
hope u are married otherwise u go ripe for ur father's huz

Don't worry about me, worry about yourself instead.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
JAZES:

and if i may ask, whats your definition of a better person: money or personality?

Its a shame that we define a person today in naija by the size of his bank account, the society looks down on
you when u dont have money and worships the one who does forgetting that tomorrow the man who doesnt have today
may have tomorrow.
Most of the stories of great men we have today have next to nothing when they tie the knot. Am sure obama will never be able to
afford that list when he married his wife, imagine if a thing as ephemeral as what its in the list above made Obama walk away,
just imagine what Mitchell will be feeling today.
Please lets get our priority right, that a man doesnt have money in his bank account today or cant afford something today doesnt mean
he wont be able to tomorrow- lets stop defining God's best creation by pseudo things.

Hmmm! nice one dear

That's why most Nigerian ladies especially from the Eas aren't married. you can see the way the ladies comment... instead of countering... they are busy supporting, forgetting who suffers at the end.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
JAZES:

and if i may ask, whats your definition of a better person: money or personality?

Its a shame that we define a person today in naija by the size of his bank account, the society looks down on
you when u dont have money and worships the one who does forgetting that tomorrow the man who doesnt have today
may have tomorrow.
Most of the stories of great men we have today have next to nothing when they tie the knot. Am sure obama will never be able to
afford that list when he married his wife, imagine if a thing as ephemeral as what its in the list above made Obama walk away,
Please lets get our priority right, that a man doesnt have money in his bank account today or cant afford something today doesnt mean
he wont be able to tomorrow- lets stop defining God's best creation by pseudo things.

Hmmm! nice one dear

That's why most Nigerian ladies especially from the East hardly get married. you can see the way the ladies comment... instead of countering... they are busy supporting, forgetting who suffers at the end.

Nigerian ladies go do a research on how Obama started with the wife... u can become proud of ur man buy helping him achieve... anyways when most cant help themselves, how do they help their men.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
Badgers14:

Remember, neither the parents nor the lady in question wrote the list.. grin

Usually, if a guy have concerns about the list, he could talk to the potential inlaws... Most times, what happens is that the inlaws tell the guy not to worry about this or that for them... And for the "umunna" i.e " kinsmen" do what your pocket can afford but make sure bride price is one of them, then tell the kinsmen you will come back later, anaghi anucha nwanyi anucha" - they no dey marry woman finish ( for lack of a better translation) grin

Lastly, that you managed to pay those lists or not is NEVER a ground to mistreat someone, because you fufilled the obligation does not make the lady your slave or property angry angry

What do you have to say about the bride price?

200000 thousand; the man is buying the woman already.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by vague: 7:11am On Jun 30, 2016
JAZES:

may have tomorrow.
Are you not the same men that judge women by appearance? If she is ugly you disrespect her and if she is beautiful, you treat her like the next best thing to god. Why don't you like being scrutinized too? You consider her appearance first before her personality, so why shouldnt she consider your wallet first before your personality? Its not fair when the odds are not in your favour now is it?
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by elvision1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
delishpot:

You are right there. I did not consider the fact that fee is imposed on the man in naija whereas the oyinbos do as power reach. I stand corrected cool

na you be the first person wey i don see for this obodo NL to recieve correction. e-mail me your list abeg. And your address as attachment. wink

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 04, 2016
Yep its mostly very poor families who see their potential inlaw as an avenue to make money..am not saying u cant help out if u can but opening of office on my head? No way!
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Paulpenny(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Tire O
torqque7:
Mtcheeeeww poverty stricken family,trying to hama from the poor guy..abeg give them back their daughter women are not in short supply..No be only 400k for fathers dowry and 200k for mother..na 1 million each..what a load of crap..like I said poverty stricken family angry

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Lastborn0074: 6:33am On Sep 30, 2022
ForeverYoung197:
Not that much. It's only 2 pages .

Comedian of the federal republic

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benue Cousins Insist On Marrying Each Other Despite Stiff Oppositions / Rest In Peace Vivianc. / Marriage On Fire Six Months After Couple's Wedding. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.