Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account (33380 Views)

For Freezing My $15 Million, EFCC Should Pay Me Extra $200 Million-patience / How EFCC Traced 1.3billion NSA Funds To Fayose's Account In Picture / Why We Froze Gov. Fayose's Account - EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by lovat(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
trishapal:
Hmm... What is happening to Fayose and Saraki et. al. should interest every common citizen of this country. I advocated and voted for change but at a point realized we had given way to an undemocratic leader. That was the point when I began to observe all his moves. To eliminate bias, I had to disregard the exact political gimmicks through which Saraki became the Senate President and I began to observe the manner with which our dictator has been dealing with him. No matter what anyone thinks, if Buhari succeeds in trampling upon the Senate, we are finished in Nigeria. With all that has happened in recent times, our only succour should be in having an opposition at that level to checkmate the excesses of the former military dictator.
Preach ON
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by louqas: 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
OLADD:
Witches and wizards are always happy doing evil until the day of reckoning when a higher power pummels them to submission. The EFCC and Buhari's govt can be likened to a fly that defies all warning and ends up in a pit with poo. I just pray they continue with this recklessness; 1985 is fast loading.

How Old were you in 1985 that you are referring to events that happened then . Whether in 1985 or 2016 has a thief stopped being a thief?
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Horus(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F-ArcaM5xg

[size=14pt]Zenith Bank Top Executives Beg Fayose Over Frozen Account By EFCC[/size]
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
kingjoo:
Good move by Fayose. He has shown faith in Nigerian Judiciary and let's hope the judiciary will not price his faith wrong. Besides let us all be mindful that Nigeria is going the way of hell by this antics if this administration

So it is now that Fayose have shown faith in the judiciary. What was his action to the judiciary back in 2014/2015 after the Ekiti election?
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by billyG(m): 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
wowmenow:
if the court and judiciary did not call this efcc to order they will lead Nigeria to civil war
they are just harassing all Buhari political enemies
they will not investigate Buratai for stealing Nigeria army money
Are u d 1 that will fight & die in this civil war 4 yam eaters.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Yemikola(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Efforts made by Governor Ayodele Fayose to reverse the restriction order placed on his accounts frozen by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) in Zenith Bank Plc was temporarily halted on Tuesday as the Federal High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti, deferred ruling on the mandatory order being sought to reverse the directive.
The EFCC had last week Tuesday allegedly frozen Fayose’s account numbers 1003126654 and 9013074033 in Zenith bank for alleged money laundering running into N1.2 billion being money allegedly taken from the $2.1 billion arms fund in the office of the former National Security Adviser, Col. Bello Dasuki.

Fayose through his lawyer , Mr Mike Ozekhome(SAN), had through an ex parte order deposed to on the 24th of June, 2016 by Bimpe Olatemiju sought a mandatory order unfreezing the accounts belonging and operated by him pending the determination of his interlocutory application.

Joined in the suit are the EFCC (1st defendant) and Zenith bank (2nd defendant).The order was supported by 18-paragraph affidavit , a lone Exhibit, which was a letter issued to Governor Fayose by Zenith bank confirming that the EFCC actually placed a restriction order on the accounts and a written address.

He also sought the leave of the court for the service of the originating summons on the defendants in their various addresses outside the jurisdiction of the court as contained on the order papers, supported by 17-paragraph affidavit.

Ozekhome said the order was brought pursuant to order 26 rule 8(1) of the Federal High Court Civil Procedure Rule 2009 and Section 44(1) of the 1999 constitution which gives the court the discretionary powers to adjudicate on such matter.

Citing the case of Abdulaziz Nyako Vs EFCC to buttress his position that the anti-graft agency has no power to freeze Fayose’s account without valid court order, Ozekhome added that the action was a flagrant negation of the Section 308 of the constitution, which conferred absolute immunity on the government against civil and criminal procedure.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/28/account-freezing-court-summons-efcc-puts-fayoses-mandatory-order-in-abeyance/
OZEKHOME! OZEKHOME!! OZEKHOME!!! The last time you had a narrow escape wit kidnappers, Nigerians were celebrating not knowing you will soon become the defender of treasury looters and destiny changers. If the kidnappers do re-visit, luck might not be there for you.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by billyG(m): 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
ls it not same fayose that beat up a chief judges.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by sokera: 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
temptnow:
This is what you get when you have an illiterate President
you are right , and also this is what you get when illiterate like you have access to the Internet ...

1 Like

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by jude90(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
they are just doing that to save face
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Moneyyy: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Stolen money is stolen money, especially when that money was meant to protect the lives and property of the ppl in the north east.
Honestly, I do not care how the ppl that collected money from dasuki are treated.
Do not be fooled by the oppression propaganda been preached by pdp. They are thieves and we have to get rid of them. We are in this mess because of pdp. 16 years and trillions of naira spent. With nothing to show for it.
Tell me, did refineries work before buhari?, was there light in your area?, did you have good roads? Education? Welfare? And the list goes on.

When I see ppl blaming buhari, I shake my head. Because I know he is the only one that can save Nigeria.

So my people, I know some of the tactics employed by the security agencies are ruthless. Then suggest another strategy, that will ensure justice and recovery of the stolen funds.

Remember, if we saved anything from the oil boom, we won't be where we are now.

I stand with Buhari...
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by temptnow: 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
sokera:
you are right , and also this is what you get when illiterate like you have access to the Internet ...
to make things worse foolls like you voted him in.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by wolebanks(m): 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Yes! This is the way to go in Nigeria if we are to get rid of bad behaviours. Ordinary Nigerians have their accounts with funds that are not suspected to have been stolen frozen averyday because of common BVN issues. Why should a Governors own be different when they suspect the funds are illegit and subject of an investigation? Welldone EFCC and JUdiciary.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by wolebanks(m): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
Yes! This is the way to go in Nigeria if we are to get rid of bad behaviours. Ordinary Nigerians have their accounts with funds that are not suspected to have been stolen frozen averyday because of common BVN issues. Why should a Governors own be different when they suspect the funds are illegit and subject of an investigation? Welldone EFCC and JUdiciary as you see this through to a meaningful end.

1 Like

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by bashydemy1: 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
wowmenow:
if the court and judiciary did not call this efcc to order they will lead Nigeria to civil war
they are just harassing all Buhari political enemies
they will not investigate Buratai for stealing Nigeria army money
At the bold which Buhari political enemies? they are enemies of Nigeria and Nigerians..
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by bashydemy1: 9:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
omolola15:
Even if the court ask them to unfreeze the account. Then they'll get another court order to freeze it again. Sebi na court order he need. Dem go collect am come give am.
Abi ooo and don't be surprise if they have already gotten a court order to freeze his account.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by bashydemy1: 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
richidinho:
Sahara Reporters pls epp us grin

If not we will not know how dirty the Broom is?
So now you believe in Sahara reporter? So they are no more APC propaganda media?
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by bashydemy1: 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
joeprince23:
FG is using EFCC to hunt dissident and opposition voices,wheras all left wing politicians like amaechi timipre sylva jim nwobodo et al who are known and renowned fraudstars are left alone,some are even given juicy government appointment... Buhari may not see the hand writing on the wall cause he is not that smart(he is a dullard)
You are the dullard here for supporting corruption, Why do you always compare APC and PDP when it's get to corruption matter. Where are you when the president ask who have ever have looted money in their possession to return it as he is not after anybody? Most of those APC you mention have return their's codded. Again Tony Anienh, Olu Falae, Bode George, Peter Odili, Gbega Daniel are they not PDP member? did you hear them ranting? But the like of Fayose, FFK and Metuh are just doing eye service so as to get the support of the masses when the arms of Government got them. If i may ask what is #1.2bilion doing in Fayose account?
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Untainted007: 9:26am On Jun 29, 2016
manutdadex:
that wont stop Nigerians beliv... a good example are pipeline vandals, they die in dozen but has that stopped them frm bunkering? no! the best solution still remains, seperate them frm d yam and another is education of d masses, an educated man wont vote for a thief... not well trained

Well said bros. But there so many solutions to every problem.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by chernest2002: 11:05am On Jun 29, 2016
id911:
Ayo ‘The Rock’ Fayose, those unjustly fighting against you for not keeping quiet but quick to defend General Burutai, a very violent wind wld blow them away soon
Ameeen Ameeen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard / #BringBackOurGirls Member Mubaraka Sani Dies In Accident Along Abuja-kaduna Road / Passengers Take Pictures With Kwankwaso Aboard Arik Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.